Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM23 - General Discussion

FuddledFox

1 hour ago, Nyall6 said:

there’s no way league 1 Rotherham should be thumping these players no matter what formation I play.

What formation are Rotherham playing? Who is scoring + assisting their goals? If you’re watching the highlights - how are their fishes being scored - e.g. corners, free kicks, through balls, or long balls, etc.

screenshots of the first two questions would help - bet I can guess the answers to the 3rd question (how they score) if you give us the screenshots to the first two questions 🙂 

1 hour ago, DanEnglish said:

What formation are Rotherham playing? Who is scoring + assisting their goals? If you’re watching the highlights - how are their fishes being scored - e.g. corners, free kicks, through balls, or long balls, etc.

screenshots of the first two questions would help - bet I can guess the answers to the 3rd question (how they score) if you give us the screenshots to the first two questions 🙂 

Just did another save game using same West Ham overload 433

Lost 7-3 🙈

I’ll attach player stats for both teams 

I’ll attach formation for them 

I never watch games I’m old school cm/fm laptop commentary only 

But I did watch this time tho for the sake of the reply, seems they just split the defence open with passes, one goal from mistake coming out from the back, one goal was long ball over the top, most were short passes in between centre backs, open them up easily, no goals came from set pieces 

my defence aren’t the strongest but shouldn’t be exposed that badly either at every attempt 

thanks for help and interest btw appreciate it 

951736C6-B039-46BD-864C-0FFF4E2E2C2A.png

1CD7BAC8-8649-4058-B7D9-C96B8FA05BA0.png

9F96EDFD-89EB-467B-8854-FDC65B78A283.png

56B51066-4611-4003-8206-FD0A59370C62.jpeg

671F7C1E-6FC7-49CF-AD92-C87AEA7E3B94.png

Forgive me if this is a common question. Due to getting a new phone I'm now on the latest update which so far absolutely sucks. None of the tactics I used before work now and no goals in 10 games from corners. Is there any corner tactic which remote works?? I realise there's no exploit anymore but it seems to have gone from one extreme to another...

Edited by DutchTony
11 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Forgive me if this is a common question. Due to getting a new phone I'm now on the latest update which so far absolutely sucks. None of the tactics I used before work now and no goals in 10 games from corners. Is there any corner tactic which remote works?? I realise there's no exploit anymore but it seems to have gone from one extreme to another...

I’ve had some luck with putting a striker with decent aerial and movement on the near post and then aiming corners at the near post. Have a left footer take right side and right footer takes left side corners.

You won’t get the number of goals that you did with the exploit but I’ve still seen a fair few corner goals from this.

12 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

I’ve had some luck with putting a striker with decent aerial and movement on the near post and then aiming corners at the near post. Have a left footer take right side and right footer takes left side corners.

You won’t get the number of goals that you did with the exploit but I’ve still seen a fair few corner goals from this.

Thank you mate. Much appreciated.

4 hours ago, Nyall6 said:

Just did another save game using same West Ham overload 433

Lost 7-3 🙈

I’ll attach player stats for both teams 

I’ll attach formation for them 

I never watch games I’m old school cm/fm laptop commentary only 

But I did watch this time tho for the sake of the reply, seems they just split the defence open with passes, one goal from mistake coming out from the back, one goal was long ball over the top, most were short passes in between centre backs, open them up easily, no goals came from set pieces 

my defence aren’t the strongest but shouldn’t be exposed that badly either at every attempt 

thanks for help and interest btw appreciate it 

951736C6-B039-46BD-864C-0FFF4E2E2C2A.png

1CD7BAC8-8649-4058-B7D9-C96B8FA05BA0.png

9F96EDFD-89EB-467B-8854-FDC65B78A283.png

56B51066-4611-4003-8206-FD0A59370C62.jpeg

671F7C1E-6FC7-49CF-AD92-C87AEA7E3B94.png

Just for arguments sake are you pushing up too high.

Maybe drop a cm to dm strata. Has to have excellent positional sense and be strong/high stamina.

Are you playing too wide maybe narrow it abit. 

Whats you overrall technique like? Is you squads passing ability high? 

20 minutes ago, Afganitia said:

Why are my reserve players getting "available for loan" all the time? I say they are not and next month, blam, they are available again! 

Your reserves manager is listing them for loan. You can change it in the options.

Screenshot_2023-02-08-10-47-04-608_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.055de1b8dbc03f725162d84e3a9ad18e.jpg

On 08/02/2023 at 11:48, DutchTony said:

Your reserves manager is listing them for loan. You can change it in the options.

Screenshot_2023-02-08-10-47-04-608_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.055de1b8dbc03f725162d84e3a9ad18e.jpg

Nah, that's the first thing I checked. Thanks, though. 

is there a good way to get young players to mature? 

On my Barcelona save Gavi has only grown in value and stars but his stats won't change thanks to the 'needs to mature to develop more' he is still 18 and we are in the summer of 23. Wanting to know if this is something I should be concerned about and look to move him or if should I wait it out and ensure I have some senior Midfielders to push him forward.

9 hours ago, BuFfaLoFaN said:

is there a good way to get young players to mature? 

On my Barcelona save Gavi has only grown in value and stars but his stats won't change thanks to the 'needs to mature to develop more' he is still 18 and we are in the summer of 23. Wanting to know if this is something I should be concerned about and look to move him or if should I wait it out and ensure I have some senior Midfielders to push him forward.

You just need to wait until his birthday and then he will start moving again (although occasionally players get one update on their birthday and then go back to "needs to mature" and you have to wait another whole year).

This is a game mechanism to stop players maxing out too soon. It doesn't want players to be fully development by their 17th birthday, it wants to slow them down about and spread it out over the years a bit more (ie make it more realistic). It's a shame it's quite so obvious though (tied to their birthday rather than a random date we can't guess).

Has anyone figured what influences the reaction of a player? I'm asking because of my centre backs. I play with a very high defensive line and I've noticed some players are somewhat slow to react to through balls. When they start running behind, the opponents forwards are already ahead of them.

In FM 22 Mobile I was convinced it was Agression, but now I have Varane with Agression 20 and he takes forever to react. He has Pace 16, Decisions 17 and Positioning 20 so it can't be it either. Is it Movement? I don't have that problem with Todibo and he has Movement 11... Is it something else?

In some games, this is really killing me. Haaland alone scored 5 or 6 times that way in 4 games against me this season, I already lost count LOL

Edited by Black Hawk

Anybody already seen this? I've got 5/4 coaches! The 5th (Manu Justo) being a 32 yo striker I just sent to reserve team. Do you think it's a bug?

718340437_Screenshot(17fvr.202315_07_00).202315_07_00).202315_07_00).thumb.jpg.70de786d1daa456d3ffc2ec81248ee53.jpg

On 17/02/2023 at 13:24, Syn króla wioski said:

Because of course we lost.

Screenshot_2023-02-17-06-22-24-346_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Is there a reason you shouldn’t have lost? They had one great chance + scored it. You had loads of poor chances (long range shots?) + didn’t score. Makes sense to me, but can imagine you were frustrated by it.

What did surprise me was seeing Burnley with +50% possession! 😲

Edited by DanEnglish
On 17/02/2023 at 16:12, StuartM said:

Ah, I had that recently as well @Gonzolito, seems like a bug to me!

Yes. I advanced him to silver badge, went on a few days and he was gone from the screen... Will try to see if he reappears!

Any Blue Lock Anime fans here? I am going to start a new save with Blue Lock FC. Any thoughts ?

Edited by Zeus19
On 30/11/2022 at 00:46, Scratch said:

Like @MikeF said, you can discipline them after a poor performance (5 or lower) and sometimes their hidden attributes will increase. I often pull players off the pitch when they get to 5 (so they can't recover and get a 6) just so I can discipline them. 

You have to be careful about them getting upset though. I generally only do it for players that haven't signed a contract in the last 6 months. That way if they get upset I can offer them a new contract and it's all good. But if they just signed one you're stuck with them upset for 6 months. 

I always start by giving them an official warning. Players used to never get upset about that. Maybe it was ineffective and next time I'd fine them. Or maybe it would work and I'd know that's what to do with them (ie no need to fine them). But I have noticed that this year some players get upset even with an official warning.

But the best way to improve Professionalism is through mentoring. Warning/Fining them will only improve it to 15 (out of 20), which is probably enough to be fair, but if you get the right mentor, they may pass on their full value at the end of mentoring (the message when mentoring finishes will say that their Professionalism or whatever has improved).

For strikers I like to use Quagliarella (or maybe Giroud). You don't have any control over which hidden attribute is passed on, but Quagliarella has 20 for Professionalism, 20 for Determination and 19 for Work Rate, so there's a fair chance that a high value will be passed on, even if it's not the one you want. Not all mentors pass on hidden attributes, but Quags does most of the time.

Next, you can double dip. So assign Quags to mentor your striker, wait until you get the message that he's seeing improvement and cancel the mentoring. Probably Quags will pass on one of his hidden attributes. Then start the mentorship right back up again, wait for the message that he's seeing improvement and cancel again. Probably another hidden attribute will be passed on. I've done this up to 3 times (even after it says player x will not be able to benefit from mentorship). That said, sometimes on the 3rd time he doesn't pass anything on (but sometimes he does). 

It's all a little hit and miss, but definitely worth trying...

Interesting read this, I kept seeing people talking about double dip mentoring but wasnt 100% on how to do it ill need to try this. am 4 seasons into my Endrick 1k challenge so mentoring might be a bit trickier but ill defo try something like this next time, as for fining them after bad performances Ive never heard of that either i tend to just do that after a red card etc.