Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM23 - General Discussion

FuddledFox

2 hours ago, MGN79 said:

For the sake of realism it would be cool if you could start a game as the actual manager in charge of the club.

personally I don’t like using my own name as I’m not a football manager so I generally pick a likeable old player who isn’t in the database.

Having the option to start the game as the clubs actual current manager, without having to add his name and then create a double who goes on to have a separate career would be a useful option. 

pretty sure this is often requested as a feature every year on the full game but isn't allowed due to licensing or something like that

2 hours ago, MGN79 said:

For the sake of realism it would be cool if you could start a game as the actual manager in charge of the club.

personally I don’t like using my own name as I’m not a football manager so I generally pick a likeable old player who isn’t in the database.

Having the option to start the game as the clubs actual current manager, without having to add his name and then create a double who goes on to have a separate career would be a useful option. 

Just put another ex players name in, like Alan shearer or David batty 

1 hour ago, leedsunited87 said:

Just put another ex players name in, like Alan shearer or David batty 

That’s usually what I do, but sometimes your team has a really cool manager that you are happy to role play as, 😁

40 minutes ago, MGN79 said:

That’s usually what I do, but sometimes your team has a really cool manager that you are happy to role play as, 😁

Haha! Fair enough, be a nice point to the game 

Anyone else noticed a huge nerf to player development while out on loan or just me? Maybe it was a bit OP pre update but any development seems non existent now

2 hours ago, Resurgam said:

Anyone else noticed a huge nerf to player development while out on loan or just me? Maybe it was a bit OP pre update but any development seems non existent now

It doesn't surprise me at all if I'm honest. Annoyingly I updated only a couple of hours ago as well 🤦

Hello everyone,

I'm an old player from the FM Mobile era (when it was still called FM Handheld!) and I have a question: back then, when a player retired, his "regen" appeared right after to maintain a database. Is it still the same "regen" system on FM Mobile 23 ? Or are the new players created not based on the existing ones ?

Thanks !

17 hours ago, .KaZe. said:

Hello everyone,

I'm an old player from the FM Mobile era (when it was still called FM Handheld!) and I have a question: back then, when a player retired, his "regen" appeared right after to maintain a database. Is it still the same "regen" system on FM Mobile 23 ? Or are the new players created not based on the existing ones ?

Thanks !

Welcome back! 

The regen is system is still pretty much the same but they aren't as obvious as they were. They keep one bright green position, but the other positions can change, so it's not like the old day where you looked for the exact position profile. 

General rules now are Feet stay exactly the same, one bright green position stays the same, normally the same nationality (though very occasionally it changes). The only other visible thing that stays the same is their Set Piece and Penalty star ratings (seen in Tactics > Set Pieces), but you can't compare that until after you sign them... Of course there is a bunch of other stuff that doesn't change which you can't see in the game (like PA, height, weight, etc), but that's not much use - so there's not as much to go on...

There are some very very rare cases of players disappearing and their PA being broken up and going to several other players and things such as that, but they are very very rare

Advice needed

Is there any significant improvement gameplay wise? I stopped playing at fm21, but lowkey interested in buying this year's version- noticed that it's been buggy post update, should i buy it later? are there any new role additions or gameplay mechanics? is the IGE still the same (really feel like it's lacking in 21, considering you're paying the full game price 2x to get it), is the AI much smarter as the game progresses? Oh and if i may, id like to see kvara's ingame stat pls thanks lmaoo

@Marc Vaughan

I’m sure there has to be other ways to increase difficulty instead of just making the opposition goalkeepers have a minimum 7-8 rating every game and making the opposition overly clinical. At this point it’s not challenging just frustrating.8E8D79E1-C875-4407-837C-F2F7D612D2B0.thumb.png.4f0de21f215c07540be0cfe153d11832.png

Edited by Resurgam
6 minutes ago, Resurgam said:

@Marc Vaughan

I’m sure there has to be other ways to increase difficulty instead of just making the opposition goalkeepers have a minimum 7-8 rating every game and making the opposition overly clinical. At this point it’s not challenging just frustrating.8E8D79E1-C875-4407-837C-F2F7D612D2B0.thumb.png.4f0de21f215c07540be0cfe153d11832.png

I feel your pain mate...

Screenshot_2023-03-22-22-03-03-753_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.abe7acaeaa88cd2428349f164aedd652.jpg

Hi all, 

First time post so apologies if it's not in the right place. I haven't played FM in years but recently got my son a Switch and was wondering if the Switch version is any good and worth £35? I can't find many reviews online for it. Cheers. 

Does anyone know what the triggers are to increase your Reputation? 

I've managed back to back promotions to get Colchester into the  EPL and survived the first season (just). As a thought experiment I went unemployed to see what job offers I could get and the best I managed was Sheff Weds who are still in L1. 

I won a few lesser trophies with my starting team (Boreham Wood) but in 2030 my reputation is still 'Known Regionally).

Can someone explain to me if the tactics in the index are all for OME? I can't seem to understand how that works. Why is no one specifiying the match engine?

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Can someone explain to me if the tactics in the index are all for OME? I can't seem to understand how that works. Why is no one specifiying the match engine?

I think 99,9% of the tactics posted lately are all EME, not many still playing on OME

1 minute ago, Titjes said:

I think 99,9% of the tactics posted lately are all EME, not many still playing on OME

That's weird, the one I was using was OME even tho I just assumed it was EME. Thanks tho!

12 hours ago, Black Hawk said:

Speaking of the tactic index, is that thread updated at all? I don't think it is.

I generally update it once a month by this stage of a games cycle. It was lasted updated in February but I’ve been busy with life stuff recently so haven’t had chance to do the March update just yet. 

4 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

I generally update it once a month by this stage of a games cycle. It was lasted updated in February but I’ve been busy with life stuff recently so haven’t had chance to do the March update just yet. 

No problem, you make a great work. I asked because I didn't knew if it was updated regularly.

I should have looked and see how some of the newest tactics are there. My bad!

Edited by Black Hawk
5 hours ago, FuddledFox said:

Hurry up already.

Final updates on the way. If there’s match engine changes I’m gonna be gutted 😂

C231560B-B180-4709-8445-1F109CA26F91.thumb.jpeg.562ec42310d5194b08e3730f35cb8179.jpeg7E88BD09-0EF5-4B8D-A5C3-549F04616492.thumb.jpeg.700aad7b1275ef41b1c16f94918f800e.jpeg

Edited by Resurgam
1 hour ago, Resurgam said:

Final updates on the way. If there’s match engine changes I’m gonna be gutted 😂

C231560B-B180-4709-8445-1F109CA26F91.thumb.jpeg.562ec42310d5194b08e3730f35cb8179.jpeg7E88BD09-0EF5-4B8D-A5C3-549F04616492.thumb.jpeg.700aad7b1275ef41b1c16f94918f800e.jpeg

Please please please let us know if they mess around with the match engine. I'm not downloading the update if so. I've literally yesterday and today got the Wrexham 442 tactic working magically again and I don't want it messed up 😁

45 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Please please please let us know if they mess around with the match engine. I'm not downloading the update if so. I've literally yesterday and today got the Wrexham 442 tactic working magically again and I don't want it messed up 😁

No change for me really. Think it may of just been transfer updates and bugs fixed. You planning on sharing the tactic 😉 love a 4-4-2, planning a 30 year career with Taunton Town, will be using my own 4-4-2 but interested to see what you’ve come up with again 👍

32 minutes ago, Resurgam said:

No change for me really. Think it may of just been transfer updates and bugs fixed. You planning on sharing the tactic 😉 love a 4-4-2, planning a 30 year career with Taunton Town, will be using my own 4-4-2 but interested to see what you’ve come up with again 👍

bro . need new game save again for enjoy this new update ? or wen continue?

40 minutes ago, Resurgam said:

Yes absolutely. This is how it went in testing but it's my 2nd season with Chelsea so I have a strong team.

Screenshot_2023-03-28-18-57-44-329_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.528a13ab8091d789305f256fc27acfa7.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-28-22-06-04-187_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.0c26bf9d211189155c9489270341bf44.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-29-00-46-12-993_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.8c9c12f04247b76bbb78425d637e6bbc.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-29-00-46-31-633_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.ed8aaa2dcb5dde513e1a19010ba4ec01.jpg

I won all 20 premier league games and all but 1 cup game - where I battered West Ham but they clearly had superman in goal.

I just need to make sure it didn't do so well because my team is strong. I don't believe this is the case though as I tried before using different instructions and roles and it bombed.

Will start a new career and do a quick test season to be sure.

31 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Yes absolutely. This is how it went in testing but it's my 2nd season with Chelsea so I have a strong team.

Screenshot_2023-03-28-18-57-44-329_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.528a13ab8091d789305f256fc27acfa7.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-28-22-06-04-187_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.0c26bf9d211189155c9489270341bf44.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-29-00-46-12-993_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.8c9c12f04247b76bbb78425d637e6bbc.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-29-00-46-31-633_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.ed8aaa2dcb5dde513e1a19010ba4ec01.jpg

I won all 20 premier league games and all but 1 cup game - where I battered West Ham but they clearly had superman in goal.

I just need to make sure it didn't do so well because my team is strong. I don't believe this is the case though as I tried before using different instructions and roles and it bombed.

Will start a new career and do a quick test season to be sure.

Good work 👍