Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM23 - General Discussion

FuddledFox

29 minutes ago, Legend288 said:

corner tactick is still working. penalty spot and mark keeper. 

Yep. Van Dijk scored 21 goals in 15 games.

How can i get fm touch ??

1) Do i need to subscribe to apple arcade ? And after subscription game is free to download although i need to subscribe apple arcade every month to continue playing the game

or

2) Directly buy the game from app store just like fm mobile & then play ??

I put all the graphics in the same folder(logos,faces,kits) but only logos and kits appears in the game..the photos are not..anyone knows a solution? The 'faces' folder has over 55.000 photos..

I'm sure most of us have witnessed the dissapointing reception to the full game over at the official forums. Are the reported issues likely to feature in the mobile version or are they completely separate entities at this point? I'm particularly curious as to how the ME is playing. 

40 minutes ago, ersofier said:

Any changes for IGE this year? I didnt buy it last year but really interested if they add more information.

No it's exactly the same.

Refs are still blowing the whistle on the second in extra time, even if there's been a red card, a goal, three free kicks, and five subs in the 3 minutes allotted, and the ball is inside the penalty box during an active attack.

I've had the whistle blown while the ball was mid flight from a free kick into the goal. Really unsatisfying.

Is anyone else frustrated there’s not (and never has been) an option to select regional/national as your starting manager reputation?

Most managers don’t start out as a ‘household name’ but then they don’t start out as a complete unknown either,  most are somewhere in between are they not?

2 hours ago, Legend288 said:

Screenshot_2022-11-08-20-48-23-98_771543261040f582078018e6d22ad0ed.jpg

Nice. I played the same 15 games 3 times tweeking the wide player roles each time. Over those 45 games Van Dijk scored 55 goals in total from corners.

24 minutes ago, CiroDiMarzio said:

Is anyone else frustrated there’s not (and never has been) an option to select regional/national as your starting manager reputation?

Most managers don’t start out as a ‘household name’ but then they don’t start out as a complete unknown either,  most are somewhere in between are they not?

Welcome to the forum!

I wonder if, regional/national is rolled into the existing "Local" option just to keep things a bit simpler on the UI. It could be a good experiment to see how long it takes to get a job at a particular level in different countries when your reputation is set differently.

Is International Management exclusive to FMFC members now or can it still be unlocked in game by winning a tournament? The menu screen says its exclusive but the achievement for unlocking it is still listed in the game.

4 hours ago, TheF said:

Hi @Scratch!

Do u think the game is worth buying just for the latest transfers? Cause i don't see much difference

Definitely worth it for me, a) for the latest transfers, but b) lots of little things that I like:

• 5 subs
  • Development hub is growing on me
  • Board feedback is better
  • Team talks actually isn't bad - I normally don't change it, but you get more info on what your players are thinking and can influence them if you want to
  • Coaches have ability rating - not physios or scouts, just coaches and not sure if it's used, but hope so
  • You can talk to players on loan at your club now if you want to tell them they played well or poorly
  • You can search for player transfer listed by the club (generally cheaper) vs transfer listed by request (higher price).
  • Some more flexibility around appointing mentors - in 22 with only 4 players who could mentor a player I sometimes I had to sell players just to get a player matched with a mentor I wanted them to have, but now much easier to match them
  • Being able to set a manager pic is such a gimmick, but... I like it! 😀

I see others have had bugs, but I haven't run into anything major. There are a few places were it seems like backward steps were made, like the retraining screen (doesn't show aptitude for positions), don't like so many all caps all over the place, and as much as I like the concept of the youth squad, it doesn't really do anything much (just smoke and mirrors). 

Some people will look at 23 and say "same game, nothing much changed, not worth it" and that's not necessarily wrong - there's no new leagues, no new roles, not much in the way of chance to the match engine, etc, but... these little things make it a better game for me and it would be hard to go back to 22 now (for me).

2 hours ago, VinnieV said:

Is International Management exclusive to FMFC members now or can it still be unlocked in game by winning a tournament? The menu screen says its exclusive but the achievement for unlocking it is still listed in the game.

I'm sure you'll be able to unlock (but haven't done so yet). I think the exclusive part is that members get it for free without having to wait to unlock it or pay for it.

Oh my, just learned of this from someone on the SI Games forums - if you click on the player's personality in the personal screen (ie "Demanding" in the screenshot below), it pops up with more details. Went and checked 22 and it didn't do it then, so this is just another of those small improvements they put in 23:

image.png.3702093bbc35a48810a197d82ce084a7.png

27 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Definitely worth it for me, a) for the latest transfers, but b) lots of little things that I like:

• 5 subs
  • Development hub is growing on me
  • Board feedback is better
  • Team talks actually isn't bad - I normally don't change it, but you get more info on what your players are thinking and can influence them if you want to
  • Coaches have ability rating - not physios or scouts, just coaches and not sure if it's used, but hope so
  • You can talk to players on loan at your club now if you want to tell them they played well or poorly
  • You can search for player transfer listed by the club (generally cheaper) vs transfer listed by request (higher price).
  • Some more flexibility around appointing mentors - in 22 with only 4 players who could mentor a player I sometimes I had to sell players just to get a player matched with a mentor I wanted them to have, but now much easier to match them
  • Being able to set a manager pic is such a gimmick, but... I like it! 😀

I see others have had bugs, but I haven't run into anything major. There are a few places were it seems like backward steps were made, like the retraining screen (doesn't show aptitude for positions), don't like so many all caps all over the place, and as much as I like the concept of the youth squad, it doesn't really do anything much (just smoke and mirrors). 

Some people will look at 23 and say "same game, nothing much changed, not worth it" and that's not necessarily wrong - there's no new leagues, no new roles, not much in the way of chance to the match engine, etc, but... these little things make it a better game for me and it would be hard to go back to 22 now (for me).

Hey hey hey, we got Anchor available in the CM position, just like we'd all been clamoring for!

4 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Hey hey hey, we got Anchor available in the CM position, just like we'd all been clamoring for!

Haha, I'm never gonna use that, but I remember seeing someone ask for it on the SI Games forum and Marc said "I'll put in in next year" and sure enough, there it is. Which goes to show it's worth raising things over there...

I like this whole dev area:

2F9EE829-2CD4-4A7E-8A33-678EAD72279A.thumb.png.f5d675a9b72f5452813c2bb9f9803851.png

and these improvements:

A5DFF2C7-5DFF-47B2-9714-7B844A5135E4.thumb.png.f957eb0ab1370fb34d1b8531852463f6.png

Also, if you want to turn off team talks it’s in a weird place. I’d have thought it would be under manager options but it’s under settings:

F2931639-2C98-4CFE-B3A0-FDB9EB53323C.thumb.jpeg.5fbec8b4a92dc26f6fa0383416a98d8a.jpeg

209319D7-EDD6-4C2E-870D-052E451A3C18.thumb.png.f1d9b86617d0115fe65ddeeacc87aee9.png

I was excited for the IF behavior change, but I have to say it's been way overdone. Put a WM behind them and now they just stand on top of each other. I haven't seen an IF come inside except for free kicks. 

Anyone else having a different experience? 

I have seen some ppl say the game is too expensive. The solution is PLAN AHEAD! Go download the Google Opinion Rewards app and start saving. I ended up only paying abt 4pounds/4.80usd for the game. WORTH!