Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM23 - General Discussion

FuddledFox

Hi everyone! First of all sorry for my English. Is anyone have a problem with the phone heating up while playing? There was no such problem with FM 22. At FM 23, the phone quickly heats up to 43 degrees, even if only the game is on and I'm not doing anything. I will only add that I have a Samsung Galaxy S 20 ultra so the specification is good

Coach ability vs coaching badge? 
An I assume aptitude is how fast they learn? 

I believe ability is how good they would be as a manager or caretaker manager 

dean Milton 

is a coach at Woking but is also currently managing them has anyone got down to is a 5 natural bronze is worst or better than a 1 star poor gold eg

6E151937-0136-4231-836F-DBCDA7E6699C.thumb.png.e1bff9a350468888137b166b7fd37800.png

8 minutes ago, YetAnotherDisplayName said:

Coach ability vs coaching badge? 
An I assume aptitude is how fast they learn? 

I believe ability is how good they would be as a manager or caretaker manager 

dean Milton  866.74 kB · 0 downloads

is a coach at Woking but is also currently managing them has anyone got down to is a 5 natural bronze is worst or better than a 1 star poor gold eg

6E151937-0136-4231-836F-DBCDA7E6699C.thumb.png.e1bff9a350468888137b166b7fd37800.png

Best bronze I've seen was 3.5 stars so far. Haven't played with bigger teams to see gold coaches yet.

Must say I’m really enjoying this incarnation of the game. 

Im easily pleased by the database updates each year, but there are a few things that have really made this version feel a little more complete than last years. 

however, I will say this., 

When will it be possible to easily search for, identify and compare other managers stats to my own. 

it’s a football manager game, and other managers are my imagined competition. I want to know how I’m comparing to Pep and Klopp. I want to get manager updates across the leagues main divisions. I want to know when Rangers have sacked another manager. 

It’s been my main bugbear for years with this game. I don’t get any information whatsoever about the actual in game people I want to be better than.

it’s a football manager game, and yet I find out by accident that my main rivals sacked their manager and I can’t even find out when.

anyways, rant over.

good game, good game.  

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

Best bronze I've seen was 3.5 stars so far. Haven't played with bigger teams to see gold coaches yet.

All three are 4 stars an unemployed and bronze at start there also a call b.kid but is 73 I’m Bromley in national league so 

also never knew before that if your coach passes training in lower league you don’t pay the 50k for some reason a good bug maybe 🤫 EE910954-F45B-4CC6-A1C0-776B02AA4020.thumb.png.9aa6088b35c7146907badd15a1e2597f.png46913BDF-FB17-47BA-9214-123F7D8F5B5C.thumb.png.1e84ed44b0cd9fb71d80bdbc0b3fb97e.png

Edited by YetAnotherDisplayName
Typo
3 minutes ago, MGN79 said:

it’s a football manager game, and other managers are my imagined competition. I want to know how I’m comparing to Pep and Klopp. I want to get manager updates across the leagues main divisions. I want to know when the Huns have sacked another manager. 

It’s been my main bugbear for years with this game. I don’t get any information whatsoever about the actual in game people I want to be better than.

Also would love to be able to search for managers once they leave they just disappear an you can’t find what club there at till you play them again 

Yeah it’s a shame.

I seem to remember the other managers being listed in the Hall of fame but the points system that went with it I never got to grips with. But it was nice to see the other managers.

I’d much prefer that than the rankings against other FMM players. I don’t care about any of the leaderboards that are there now.

Wait, I googled. Some bright spark realised that if you turn off the internet you get the list of top 50 in-game managers in the hall of fame ranked by reputation. Would be nice to get an option to default to this list!

Edited by DoneHisCruciate

Anyone having difficulty getting aerial to go up? I haven't had a single player improve aerial in 1 whole season - even though its some of their focus training.

27 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Anyone having difficulty getting aerial to go up? I haven't had a single player improve aerial in 1 whole season - even though its some of their focus training.

Definitely much tougher this year. Haven't gotten a bump of more than 1 either.

@DutchTony @hhooo I need to write up my mentoring technique sometime. I used Carrillo to increase Tezgel's Aerial by 4. It's normally +2 (one in the first half of the mentoring and one near the end), but I did it twice - even though the game says he probably can't benefit - and got +4. 🙂 

He's also had two increases on his own, training as TF, and is now up to 17. Not sure how much further I'll be able to take him, but he still has plenty of development. Last year he would have been nailed on for 19 or 20, but not sure this year, given your comments on it being harder. 

8 hours ago, MGN79 said:

it’s a football manager game, and yet I find out by accident that my main rivals sacked their manager and I can’t even find out when.

You can choose the filter level for news - I forget what they are, but something like club, local, national, worldwide. If you set to a wider level you normally get news events of other coaches being sacked. Doesn't give you most of what you want, but at least you'll know when they are sacked.

17 hours ago, samhardy said:

Got a Mexican screenshot for you too but with a warning it’s quite depressing

Hide contents

CD5EEED3-157B-4291-9F39-1BE1DA105269.thumb.png.4d4f9f9b9651eff85be558cade473d6a.png

NOOOO WAAAAAY...was FM11/12 so long ago? 🤣

6 hours ago, Energised said:

How does one scout Scandinavia as a "search area"? I can't seem to..

Scandinavia diidnt work on 22 either, they never find any players at all. If you look at the clubs individually you can see who is there

Has anyone experienced an issue when attempting to type in anything on player search where it just shows a blue box and doesn't allow you to type? 

6 minutes ago, LayeAF said:

Has anyone experienced an issue when attempting to type in anything on player search where it just shows a blue box and doesn't allow you to type? 

Yeah, close the app and open it again and it should work again. Happens from time to time. Annoying...

Hi all, new to this version though did get it a few years back. Tried the full Mac and the Switch versions but they are either too involved and detailed or too hard to navigate. I used to play Championship Manager and loved it's simplicity so hence why I'm back on Mobile. Looking forward to enjoying this. Is there a way to unlock the unlockables without paying, like achieving goals?

18 minutes ago, berb said:

Hi all, new to this version though did get it a few years back. Tried the full Mac and the Switch versions but they are either too involved and detailed or too hard to navigate. I used to play Championship Manager and loved it's simplicity so hence why I'm back on Mobile. Looking forward to enjoying this. Is there a way to unlock the unlockables without paying, like achieving goals?

All of the unlockables except for the In Game Editor and the 3 additional challanges can be unlocked by hitting certain targets within the game

Edited by VinnieV
3 minutes ago, VinnieV said:

All of the unlockables except for the In Game Editor and the 3 additional challanges can be unlocked by hitting certain targets within the game

Thanks, is there a list of targets you need to hit?

5 minutes ago, berb said:

Thanks, is there a list of targets you need to hit?

All of the ones unlockable in game are listed in the achievements list along with a description of what needs to be done to unlock them.

Also when starting a new save you will see a list of the unlockables and can click on them to see what needs to be done to unlock them.

The Vibe Hall of Fame is mostly broken now (and no longer linked to in the menu that I can see), but I just want to say I miss my companion there - I'm drinking to you tonight @BatiGoal... 

image.thumb.png.8d77a720753b445a77ae6bd67de2455b.png