Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat FMM23 - General Discussion

FuddledFox

My game seems to be crashing during Processing Retirements & Updating Career Player Stats. It is 2026 in the game for me. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. I have OnePlus 7 Pro so the mobile is also not that bad. 

That's a shame the 5 substitutions aren't integrated in all leagues (im in Argentina and only 3)😡...

I hope it will be fixed with correction data...

Edited by Romanse

Hey, I downloaded FM 23 mobile this week and have mostly enjoyed it, I picked City as I wanted Haaland but I have found that during every season I get to the half way mark and I start losing multiple games in a row, ones that I would have won during the first part of the season..... My players are all losing stars nearly every week and even Haaland has gone from 5 stars to 4.

I use 2 tactics - 4-1-2-2-1 for most league and cup games and 4-3-1-2 for bigger teams or CL. I basically have most of the best young players and a ridicuously strong first 11 but never finish above 2nd and semis in CL. Does anyone have any tips for someone who likes to dip in and out without giving up my whole life, like I did in previous versions of Championship Manager etc?

Am i the only one who finds this years training a bit hard to navigate?

I usually put my players on low intensity training during preseason with ease in the previous versions but this time round i find it hard because clicking the intensity button will bring up the player’s page instead of just training intensity pop up.

In addition to that, they no longer display what attributes to train for a certain role.

I hope the devs look into this

I'm finding some of the transfers values a lot more sensible this year, at least in the lower leagues. I usually start a career in VNN or VNS and in previous versions I'd have to rely on picking up players whose contracts expire and/or are released at the end of the season. This year I've noticed that i can pick up quite a few players that are not playing for their club and have less than a year left on their contract for a really low fee (i.e. quite a lot under their valuation) or even no fee at all! In previous versions you'd make an enquiry and the would want something silly like £50k for someone with 2 months left on their contract and 2k value.

I'm not even at the end of my first season yet and so far managed to make 11 transfers for no fee 🙂

2 hours ago, taylor90 said:

My players are all losing stars nearly every week and even Haaland has gone from 5 stars to 4.

If you look on the coach / assistant report screen (where it shows the individual player’s strengths + weaknesses) the player will usually have something like “in poor form” as a negative. This is usually why your players are (temporarily) losing stars.

• Improve their form, and their stars go back to normal.
  • Get them into good form, and they’ll gain a half-star / star.

Hows the players’ morale? What do you do to pickup their morale?! 🙂 

3 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

If you look on the coach / assistant report screen (where it shows the individual player’s strengths + weaknesses) the player will usually have something like “in poor form” as a negative. This is usually why your players are (temporarily) losing stars.

• Improve their form, and their stars go back to normal.
  • Get them into good form, and they’ll gain a half-star / star.

Hows the players’ morale? What do you do to pickup their morale?! 🙂 

Thank you for your reply.

I dont do anything, I didnt realise there was anything I could do apart from the team talks, which I dont usually do. Would this have that big of an impact? What can be done to improve form or morale?

added 0 minutes later

Apologies mods, I have an absolute nightmare there! 😅

6 hours ago, taylor90 said:

I use 2 tactics - 4-1-2-2-1 for most league and cup games and 4-3-1-2 for bigger teams or CL. I basically have most of the best young players and a ridicuously strong first 11 but never finish above 2nd and semis in CL. Does anyone have any tips for someone who likes to dip in and out without giving up my whole life, like I did in previous versions of Championship Manager etc?

Drop one or two of your players not preforming (not your captain and vice bring them of the bench) to the second team for a game or two make sure your rotation players are fit also by doing the same an bring them in, and make sure you talk to players critical on bad form an last games treat form like confidence they go down a level smash afew games then come back up an praise a 8 or above critises a 6 or below 

Please give me the directory path to somebody on android 13.  The adroid/data folders are locked on Android 13.  The game takes a long time to load after loading logos .

A few things I'm noticing that I'm curious if others have also seen. 

It is really tough to bring in loans this year. In League 1 I can't even get other L1 teams to loan players to me, let alone Prem/Championship. (Of course the AI still brings in 30 Prem kids on loan). Liverpool and City haggle with me over 500 quid a week in wages that I can't afford and don't let the player come.

High lines/slow CBs are getting crushed this year. Every AI team plays straight over the top when they get the ball, no matter what mentality they're on. 

Yellow cards come out very early (first five minutes) in almost every game, and 3 fouls will almost always produce a red.

I was asking myself if you can create a new League/Cup.

For example i want to remake the EFL Cup in Germany. Is it possible and if yes how can I do it. I'm not a programmer or something similar, the best i can do is changing the change.txt file to work for german language lol.

FMM23  is my first FM game for a decade or two. I’ve rushed through a couple of seasons with Manchester United, just to gain familiarity with the features and interface. However, I’m really struggling for consistency and still don’t really understand what I’m doing. It’s causing me a bit of frustration tbh.

the thing is I can’t establish any sense of how actions produce effects in game . I still feel like I’m just pressing buttons and turning knobs on a rube-Goldberg machine. How am I supposed to identify what the best formation/ passing style/ mentality is best for my team ? How do I know which role to assign my players? Whenever I make little changes, I’m receiving no evident feedback on what those changes accomplished. Occasionally I’ll have a successful game or two on the trot and think “I’ve cracked it!” Only to backslide again after making no further alterations.

I could go on! I love the game and have already spent hours in it but am on the verge of giving up due to how mystifying it remains to me .

Can anyone advise me on this or maybe point me towards some comprehensive guides on how to actually understand the game?

1 hour ago, WeirsElk said:

FMM23  is my first FM game for a decade or two. I’ve rushed through a couple of seasons with Manchester United, just to gain familiarity with the features and interface. However, I’m really struggling for consistency and still don’t really understand what I’m doing. It’s causing me a bit of frustration tbh.

the thing is I can’t establish any sense of how actions produce effects in game . I still feel like I’m just pressing buttons and turning knobs on a rube-Goldberg machine. How am I supposed to identify what the best formation/ passing style/ mentality is best for my team ? How do I know which role to assign my players? Whenever I make little changes, I’m receiving no evident feedback on what those changes accomplished. Occasionally I’ll have a successful game or two on the trot and think “I’ve cracked it!” Only to backslide again after making no further alterations.

I could go on! I love the game and have already spent hours in it but am on the verge of giving up due to how mystifying it remains to me .

Can anyone advise me on this or maybe point me towards some comprehensive guides on how to actually understand the game?

The best advice is don't look for results on a game to game basis. Just like real football, better squads will win matches often regardless of tactics, you will have off days where nothing goes right, or someone will set up to shut down your threats and aim for a point. 

You can try to correct specific things that aren't working in a match, like running with the ball on or off, passing down one flank or the other, shuffling players into areas with more space, or changing mentality to chase a game. But if you really want to see the difference between tactics on a meaningful scale, play half a season and take notes about the game stats. 

Most people post tactics that are plug and play or close to it, but really we're meant to fiddle with it an awful lot mid game.

2 hours ago, WeirsElk said:

Agree with @hhooo.

In addition - firstly, I’ll be adding a ‘tactical’ post to my FMM23 Man. United guide in the next few weeks - giving some good (but not game breaking) options, and I’ll add some explanations / screenshots about WHY they work.

Secondly, you can take a look at @Scratch’s excellent guide from last year <here> - he critiques + improves how own tactic in it - very practical - this is his key point.

C7D0FD83-8E5A-4F91-BB72-50F21FEA1406.thumb.jpeg.45d9a4afbee64f5ab4f3a1854b6b3fba.jpeg

Lastly, if you post your tactic here, or post on a new thread, then the community can give you some feedback. Include screenshots of your tactic, plus league table (so we can see you GF / GA) + fixture list / results (so we can see which teams you struggle ahainst) 

Help me understand this guys. Niakhate has nice attributes on pace, strength, aggression, leadership, positioning and aerial. But it has highlights on dribbling, passing, tackling, decisions & positioning. Which one should I focus? And what do those highlighters mean? Tq in advance.

96C0521F-9E55-4831-8734-2E0F8245BC92.png

27 minutes ago, Shidi278 said:

Help me understand this guys. Niakhate has nice attributes on pace, strength, aggression, leadership, positioning and aerial. But it has highlights on dribbling, passing, tackling, decisions & positioning. Which one should I focus? And what do those highlighters mean? Tq in advance.

Don’t worry about it 👍 

The highlighted attributes are based on his most suitable role (ball playing defender - see just above where it says aerial 16).

The attributes you mentioned are based on what you (and I) think are important for a defender in your team / tactic. Focus on this, and kind of ignore the highlights.

Go into setting and change this from recommended position to trained position. That’ll then highlight for what you’re training him on and not with the game think she should do

E4979070-2D6B-49AC-9239-E69BDA90DC0B.thumb.jpeg.d393387d32879a77b9b8a7b6eee458eb.jpeg

4 hours ago, Shidi278 said:

4 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Don’t worry about it 👍 

The highlighted attributes are based on his most suitable role (ball playing defender - see just above where it says aerial 16).

The attributes you mentioned are based on what you (and I) think are important for a defender in your team / tactic. Focus on this, and kind of ignore the highlights.

You can change what is highlighted in settings as well. You can choose to have the players recommended role attributes highlighted - which is the default, or you can change it to whatever role you are training them in highlighted. Or you can turn highlighted attributes off.

1 hour ago, Lagom said:

Interesting…

DA016FCB-8098-4EC9-8EAC-8F62EF9B4033.thumb.png.00e7083b41cffb13b914865c4c36be5e.png

Wow. 

Ok a related note - have you seen how HIGH up the pitch an inverted wingback (in the DMR/L position) moves?

They move into the same line as my AMC! I find Dalot or Wan-Bissaka on the edge of the opposition box, almost like a B2B central midfielder 🙂 ! And this is on balanced mentality! Dalot shooting from distance is not a good idea 😞 

05933DBE-AC1C-46C9-8907-247638B39362.thumb.jpeg.8b4532d2a6b36ce46c141ae6676acd36.jpeg

Edited by DanEnglish
12 hours ago, hhooo said:

The best advice is don't look for results on a game to game basis. Just like real football, better squads will win matches often regardless of tactics, you will have off days where nothing goes right, or someone will set up to shut down your threats and aim for a point. 

You can try to correct specific things that aren't working in a match, like running with the ball on or off, passing down one flank or the other, shuffling players into areas with more space, or changing mentality to chase a game. But if you really want to see the difference between tactics on a meaningful scale, play half a season and take notes about the game stats. 

Most people post tactics that are plug and play or close to it, but really we're meant to fiddle with it an awful lot mid game.

Thanks for this reply ! Great tips. 

when you say to check the game stats over a longer period of games , which stats am I looking for and could you give me an example of how I could adapt that info into tactical changes ? 

1 hour ago, DanEnglish said:

Wow. 

Ok a related note - have you seen how HIGH up the pitch an inverted wingback (in the DMR/L position) moves?

They move into the same line as my AMC! I find Dalot or Wan-Bissaka on the edge of the opposition box, almost like a B2B central midfielder 🙂 ! And this is on balanced mentality! Dalot shooting from distance is not a good idea 😞 

05933DBE-AC1C-46C9-8907-247638B39362.thumb.jpeg.8b4532d2a6b36ce46c141ae6676acd36.jpeg

I noticed this as well yesterday. No wonder I'm leaking so many goals...

29 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I noticed this as well yesterday. No wonder I'm leaking so many goals...

Any variant of wingback is very poor defensively this year. Fullbacks and DFBs have yielded much better results for me. 

58 minutes ago, hhooo said:

Any variant of wingback is very poor defensively this year. Fullbacks and DFBs have yielded much better results for me. 

IWBs in the DR/L positions don’t advance that much, they sit in the DMRC/LC area which is nice if you play one DC at the bank (particularly on a defensive mentality).

8 minutes ago, WeirsElk said:

Guys what do these statistics mean ? I’m completely lost !

I guess that Int means interceptions and Ass means assists?

F115C7F3-3732-4F05-A8B0-8ABA387EBCE0.png

Passes Attempted

Passes Completed

Key Passes

Assists

Tackles Attempted

Tackles Won

Interceptions

Headers Attempted 

Headers Won

Crosses Attempted 

Crosses Completed