Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Why is Lukaku still OP?

MitsuXI

With every release of FM, it seems Lukaku is OP. When ever Ive played in the same league as him, he’s not only top goal scorer of the league, but he plays like R9 with 4 legs. At the moment I’m playing as Roma, and he has 20 goals in 15 games, and now another 3 against me in the first half. Just for record Haaland has 14 in 15 games. He’s never been an assassin in front of goal, and after last season’s embarrassment at Chelsea I thought the makers of FMM23 would reflect that in this game. But no, he’s still OP as ever. Why the special treatment considering his very mediocre career?

Am I the only one to notice this?

(warranted he was second top goal scorer in Serie A 20/21 with 18 non penalty goals, but he scores almost triple that in FM)

Edited by MitsuXI
Note

His technique and movement are both way too high in the game. Whenever i've seen him play, his control is awful and he gets caught offside 9 out of 10 times 😄 

1 hour ago, HudsonOfSmeg said:

His technique and movement are both way too high in the game. Whenever i've seen him play, his control is awful and he gets caught offside 9 out of 10 times 😄 

And his pace, man's had 17 pace on fmm22

Lukaku always got a hattrick against me every time on FMM22. Was buzzing to see he’d been loaned back to Inter in the summer. To be replaced by Haaland as most frustrating/unstoppable opposition player

Edited by Resurgam

Not sure how long it's been since you guys last saw a game of Lukaku? His control has improved immeasurably, his pace is scorching (source, faster than Rashford among others. Also look at his 2014 world cup goal against USA and his 2018 goal against Japan), he's a beast to defend against - and physicality happens to work for any player in FMM, not just Lukaku. Less than one offside per game so far this season. (see screenshot). According to the prem's own numbers, he was offside 206 times in 278 games...

image.thumb.png.5869c45d1e636d6d09eb6773d000bf5b.png

As for his Chelsea career - the general consensus is he was wildly mismanaged by Tuchel, just one of the reasons he was sacked. 

Maybe... you as a manager are the problem ;) 

because lukaku (when fit and in the correct system) is an absolute monster.

Source:
his form for belgium, for for inter (when fit)

Ignore the chelsea season

49 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

We need a petition for SI to downgrade Lukaku 🤦‍♂️

And Havertz while they’re at it. He won the golden boot with 47 goals in my first save with Leeds on FM23 😂

He was so bad against Croatia, could have become a national hero by scoring those big chances. Decision, pace, technique, movement, aerial etc. need to be downgraded. Because now he's just an old version of haaland in the game

Edited by Rehans
45 minutes ago, Rehans said:

He was so bad against Croatia, could have become a national hero by scoring those big chances. Decision, pace, technique, movement, aerial etc. need to be downgraded. Because now he's just an old version of haaland in the game

Man he was so good against Croatia, yet so unlucky. The Athletic online magazine did a fantastic deep-dive into Lukaku: good or bad in that game. His movement was incredible, opening up space for his teammates + was so unlucky with his chances:

1. first chance - did well - cross was hit too hard, he did well to get a header on target.
  2. second chance - unlucky - closed down by both GK + Def, on his wrong foot, only a slither of the goal available, hits the inside of the post. Drogba (!) said it was a very difficult chance.
  3. third chance - unlucky - defender (Lovren) gets a slight touch to the ball just before Lukaku heads it. Goes over the bar, but wouldn’t have counted anyway.
  4. fourth chance - unlucky - teammate Meunier’s off-target shot hits Lukaku from close range. Nothing he could do about it.
  5. fifth chance - should have scored - again his movement created the chance (see spoiler below), and the defender almost heads the cross away just in front of Lukaku, but for some reason he doesn’t expect the defender to miss, and it hits Lukaku’s chest instead of him heading it home. A bad miss.
Spoiler

6B624BE0-2C92-4A43-935B-3F3CADDD2DE3.thumb.jpeg.c0385e9b451c4fb345c61ec6e665ed36.jpeg

Lukaku’s movement was world-class + he was unlucky 4 times, but admittedly must score that final chance.

Edit - yes he should be downgraded in FMM, but he wasn’t as bad last night as some people were staying.

Edited by DanEnglish
10 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Man he was so good against Croatia, yet so unlucky. The Athletic online magazine did a fantastic deep-dive into Lukaku: good or bad in that game. His movement was incredible, opening up space for his teammates + was so unlucky with his chances:

1. first chance - did well - cross was hit too hard, he did well to get a header on target.
  2. second chance - unlucky - closed down by both GK + Def, on his wrong foot, only a slither of the goal available, hits the inside of the post. Drogba (!) said it was a very difficult chance.
  3. third chance - unlucky - defender (Lovren) gets a slight touch to the ball just before Lukaku heads it. Goes over the bar, but wouldn’t have counted anyway.
  4. fourth chance - unlucky - teammate Meunier’s off-target shot hits Lukaku from close range. Nothing he could do about it.
  5. fifth chance - should have scored - again his movement created the chance (see spoiler below), and the defender almost heads the cross away just in front of Lukaku, but for some reason he doesn’t expect the defender to miss, and it hits Lukaku’s chest instead of him heading it home. A bad miss.
  Hide contents

6B624BE0-2C92-4A43-935B-3F3CADDD2DE3.thumb.jpeg.c0385e9b451c4fb345c61ec6e665ed36.jpeg

Lukaku’s movement was world-class + he was unlucky 4 times, but admittedly must score that final chance.

Edit - yes he should be downgraded in FMM, but he wasn’t as bad last night as some people were staying.

Yep, he's very good at getting into those positions and creating space. 

Personally I would knock his technique and his 'big games/under pressure' hidden stat though.

2 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Hide contents

Lukaku may be good at opening space, but his control has been really awful since his body got bulky from his man. utd days. As for yesterday match against Croatia, that chance he tried to control the ball with his body in front of open goal and failed horribly was the thing that made most people fuming.

Edited by Rehans
33 minutes ago, Uncleseekx said:

To add to this Kai Havertz is so overpowered in game. Makes crosses, scores headers and long range goals. SI definitely has a thing for Chelsea players 

I'm glad someone else noticed that. I've bought him in previous years and he's always been rubbish for me. This year every save I see him banging in so many goals so I reluctantly bought him and he's an absolute beast!

19 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

I'm glad someone else noticed that. I've bought him in previous years and he's always been rubbish for me. This year every save I see him banging in so many goals so I reluctantly bought him and he's an absolute beast!

Well I noticed the hard way, he's been very good against me. Leading to this comment, he dropped 4 goals on me and an assist. He's the second coming of Messi. 

15 minutes ago, Uncleseekx said:

Well I noticed the hard way, he's been very good against me. Leading to this comment, he dropped 4 goals on me and an assist. He's the second coming of Messi. 

Havertz, Diogo Jota, and Calvert Lewin are the biggest pains in the arse in the Prem

1 hour ago, hhooo said:

Havertz, Diogo Jota, and Calvert Lewin are the biggest pains in the arse in the Prem

Definitely Jota! I’ll add Ollie Watkins, Marcus Rashford and Ivan Toney to that list as well 😂

17 minutes ago, Resurgam said:

Definitely Jota! I’ll add Ollie Watkins, Marcus Rashford and Ivan Toney to that list as well 😂

Toney is actually good though, he doesn't belong

2 hours ago, Resurgam said:

Rashford? I usually bin him cause his attributes don't look like they will be improving massively 

7 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

To add to this Kai Havertz is so overpowered in game. Makes crosses, scores headers and long range goals. SI definitely has a thing for Chelsea players 

yeah and also a Dutch player called Ekkelenkamp has similiar attribute like him, has monster finishing playing in AM and he's the topscorer in the league

10 hours ago, Rehans said:

yeah and also a Dutch player called Ekkelenkamp has similiar attribute like him, has monster finishing playing in AM and he's the topscorer in the league

Will definitely look for him. Thanks