Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe FMMVibe World Cup Fantasy Football 2022

FuddledFox

We doing the score prediction this year? @samhardydid it iirc? Tbf all I remember was that awesome Mexico prediction 😎

I'll hopefully remember to join this once I've had a think :D. 

Done two blind sweepstakes at work, on the first I got Brazil and the second France 👀

2 minutes ago, Kun Aguero said:

Will probably make some changes, but here's my team for now

IMG_20221111_201016.thumb.jpg.63df238bfcdfafda474f8f4dd4c55374.jpg

Why so many defenders?! 😮

Edited by DanEnglish
7 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Why so many defenders?! 😮

I've only realised I picked too many defenders after this lol, also just saw that Kepa wasn't even in Spain's squad, gonna make some changes 😂

32 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

Here’s mine so far - I’ll be changing some subs though …

7EAD5005-7745-480A-A5A3-EA1CA5CC7591.thumb.jpeg.a4b1ee17d81bb2f3521ccc95825cb6ed.jpeg

Why three for England in the backline? If they concede it'll hit you three times!! 

Also not sure Mane is fit, he was recently injured and it wasn't known if he'd make the squad. I've seen he's been called up but something to think about 

16 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Why three for England in the backline? If they concede it'll hit you three times!! 

Absolutely correct. But if they get clean sheets (vs Iran, USA, or Wales) then I get triple points. Plus Trippier takes set pieces + Maguire heads them home. It is a risky strategy though.

36 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Also not sure Mane is fit, he was recently injured and it wasn't known if he'd make the squad

Thanks. I haven’t checked the fitness of them yet. Have a backup ST (Depay!) in mind if Mane is unavailable.

Ideally would change to a 343, but can’t be bothered to do it right now.

On 11/11/2022 at 11:57, Ashez said:

We doing the score prediction this year? @samhardydid it iirc? Tbf all I remember was that awesome Mexico prediction 😎

I’ll set it up on Monday when the weekend’s fixtures are out the way.

Right, let's do this... as i really don't care much, I'm appreciative that i only really have to choose 9 players, as there are 6 obvious choices... there are SIX Brentford players going?! To the World Cup? Wtf...

Edit: sigh, even though Spain and Cameroon's squads have been announced, they only have 1 of spain's 3 named keepers, plus an extra one just in case(?), and they don't have any Cameroonian midfielders or forwards. Impressive. 

Edited by Mr Tree

Can't believe this hasn't been updated yet. Still no Cameroonian midfielders or forwards. Hope they pull it together cos it's looking a bit crap atm.

Damn. Seems Mane will be out injured for the first few games AND assists don’t give any points?! At a minimum, my defender selections of Koulibaly, Trippier + Robinson need to change 😞 

Edited by DanEnglish
1 hour ago, DanEnglish said:

Damn. Seems Mane will be out injured for the first few games AND assists don’t give any points?! At a minimum, my defender selections of Koulibaly, Trippier + Robinson need to change 😞 

🤔 ya need more coffee, pal! 

Players will score points based on the metrics outlined below:

All Players

Action Points

Appearance (60 minutes or more) +1

Assist +3

4 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

🤔 ya need more coffee, pal! 

You have no idea just how true that is.

5 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Assist +3

Fantastic! I didn’t check under ‘all players’ - thank you!

On 14/11/2022 at 21:04, Mr Tree said:

Can't believe this hasn't been updated yet. Still no Cameroonian midfielders or forwards. Hope they pull it together cos it's looking a bit crap atm.

Strange that they still haven't updated it. Let me know when they have? 

1 hour ago, Ariza8 said:

My team, first time doing this kind of games! Any tips?

First time for me too. What a front line you have - Messi, Mbappe + Kane. Wow.

My only suggestion is to consider changing to a 343 ? As your 1st team Polish defender is playing a decent Mexico, while your Argentinian sub midfielder Paredes is playing a (weaker?) Saudi Arabian side for that first game. Just an idea for you to consider.

Here’s my updated side. 3 English, 3 Belgium, 3 Argentinian. 😂 though I’m waiting to see if Lukaku will be fit in time for game 1 or not 🧐 

5127B6CB-FF61-4C1D-83B5-D2DE0697C781.thumb.jpeg.c01242899f5450a63190fe7bfec2e9fe.jpeg

57 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

First time for me too. What a front line you have - Messi, Mbappe + Kane. Wow.

My only suggestion is to consider changing to a 343 ? As your 1st team Polish defender is playing a decent Mexico, while your Argentinian sub midfielder Paredes is playing a (weaker?) Saudi Arabian side for that first game. Just an idea for you to consider.

Here’s my updated side. 3 English, 3 Belgium, 3 Argentinian. 😂 though I’m waiting to see if Lukaku will be fit in time for game 1 or not 🧐 

5127B6CB-FF61-4C1D-83B5-D2DE0697C781.thumb.jpeg.c01242899f5450a63190fe7bfec2e9fe.jpeg

Yea, those front line, + De Bruyne and Foden, already ate half my budget 😂 they made me have to found suboptimal players for the rest of team. hopefully I won't regret this. 

Am disgusted by how many of my preferred attacking options are all injury concerns / coming back from injury.

• ⚠️ Belgium’s Lukaku
  • ⚠️ Senegal’s Mane
  • ⚠️ Netherlands’ Depay
  • ⚠️ Brazil’s Richarlison

Argh! For that price range, I may end up picking England’s Sterling, but am not 100% sure he’ll be a starter vs Rashford 😮

Edited by DanEnglish

Took these screenshots earlier today (12 hours ago?) - shows the players who have the highest % of picks …

GK:

Spoiler

The top 3 are no surprise - but was shocked to see Portugal’s Costa backup GK Pope, and a Qatar keeper in the top 8 !!!

2B91C155-2983-49F3-804F-9AB5AAE405B6.thumb.jpeg.0166d4ee75f86c16cbba92be9c660c27.jpeg

Def:

Spoiler

Again surprised to see a Portugal player so high (#1 is Cancelo!) - picked by 45% of players!

66B2B403-A82C-4EAD-909A-44267D57C3C8.thumb.jpeg.d863dcbc04cfd5a34929ef6ad3fa2e3b.jpeg

Mid:

Spoiler

Almost 50% picked KDB 👍 But am surprised to see Valverde, Trossard + Foden picked so often!

6D2D7B62-09B7-4D29-9104-251E0478A381.thumb.jpeg.691dfe2adc19059ba9a4f9d34622e283.jpeg

Att:

Spoiler

60% have Messi, 40% have Mbappe, 30% have Neymar, 20% have Kane. Wow. 

15744E40-383E-404E-91EA-1ABB96FE94AA.thumb.jpeg.f47298c77c5777f82ee97ac57de8c5cf.jpeg

All / Overall:

Spoiler

Interesting … what do you think?!

E6C72751-DBE3-4F4A-B6C5-4E87C6EDA755.thumb.jpeg.bfc6f13458752c84fae6d0ea3926fa65.jpeg

🙂 

Ended up with this, lacking any of the big names but I like the mix I came up with 

Screenshot_20221117_114003_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.07307f918e2f732491bde29cf25d0116.jpg

Plenty of goals in midfield, defenders from teams that should defend well and a tasty looking front three. Dunno why I've just got a feeling about Nunez, I just love the agent of chaos! Especially with Suarez buzzing around him. Lautaro might be a gamble but with Messi stealing all the focus maybe he can deliver a few, don't even know if he plays tbf 😂😂. Think I'll regret not having a Brazilian attacker though so maybe I'll look into that. 

I’m not so keen on the rules, like how you can sub bench players on for players that have already played and change the captain during match weeks. It seems I’ll have to invest more time following this thing than I had planned to.

I'm currently going with this and can only hope Mbappe doesn't get injured, as it seems you can't change the 12th man booster guy once selected.

5A91F865-445D-4FC7-9692-93565FBCDFC3.thumb.png.e16894a294d3ed17bf965d24cfc95a7a.png

25 minutes ago, Ian said:

I’m not so keen on the rules, like how you can sub bench players on for players that have already played and change the captain during match weeks. It seems I’ll have to invest more time following this thing than I had planned to.

Yes I only learnt that yesterday. Means you need to check (and tweak!) your team almost every day.

I think also means you should have your Brazil players (your Neymar) as subs until the day before - then sub them on the day before Brazil play for your worst performing player so far … right?

31 minutes ago, Ian said:

can only hope Mbappe doesn't get injured, as it seems you can't change the 12th man booster guy once selected.

I’ll also be picking Mbappe as my 12th man, but will wait until tomorrow, just in case, as you suggested!

Your front line is ridiculous 🔥 🔥 🔥 

13 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

I think also means you should have your Brazil players (your Neymar) as subs until the day before - then sub them on the day before Brazil play for your worst performing player so far … right?

Yeah, I’ll have to move him out if I do go with this team. I just went with the three top strikers and worked something out with the rest and was surprised at the quality available for the other areas. There’s loads of quality options available for the midfield and defence in this price range. It’s only really KDB that is tempting me to change things up which is tempting as there are some good cheaper options up front.

The rules are still annoying me though, as I believe you can make transfers during match days and when you use the power captain, the player has to be in your starting eleven. It’s giving me a headache to be honest 😂

Here’s my updated side.

Subs - you’ll notice 3 Belgium players + 1 Brazilian on the bench - they’ll be subbed on after Argentina + Croatia’s first games, for my 3-4 worst performing players.

FCB2A46F-154C-40BA-88C1-5674BB188E25.thumb.jpeg.b3f853b113b9d7c8a0125ef25ec764f2.jpeg

some comments about players:

Spoiler

GK / Defense - having 2 Americans is a little risky, but they’re in a weak group + are (cheap!) first teamers who can be subbed off for my Belgium players if needed. Robinson is particular could get assists as a very attacking left wing-back. Plus Maguire’s goal scoring record from (Trippier?!) set pieces is worth a go.

Midfield - KDB, Modric, De Paul + great bargain Di Maria are solid. Tunisia’s Hannibal is a cheap risk.

Attackers - 1st choice Brazil striker Richarlison is a fantastic bargain. An not sure on Sterling - but am not sure about similar priced alternatives, who are not injured, like Nunez or Dembele. Let’s see - may change Sterling later today 🤔 Messi + 12th man Mbappe need no explanation 🙂 

6 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Here’s my updated side.

Subs - you’ll notice 3 Belgium players + 1 Brazilian on the bench - they’ll be subbed on after Argentina + Croatia’s first games, for my 3-4 worst performing players.

FCB2A46F-154C-40BA-88C1-5674BB188E25.thumb.jpeg.b3f853b113b9d7c8a0125ef25ec764f2.jpeg

some comments about players:

Hide contents

GK / Defense - having 2 Americans is a little risky, but they’re in a weak group + are (cheap!) first teamers who can be subbed off for my Belgium players if needed. Robinson is particular could get assists as a very attacking left wing-back. Plus Maguire’s goal scoring record from (Trippier?!) set pieces is worth a go.

Midfield - KDB, Modric, De Paul + great bargain Di Maria are solid. Tunisia’s Hannibal is a cheap risk.

Attackers - 1st choice Brazil striker Richarlison is a fantastic bargain. An not sure on Sterling - but am not sure about similar priced alternatives, who are not injured, like Nunez or Dembele. Let’s see - may change Sterling later today 🤔 Messi + 12th man Mbappe need no explanation 🙂 

USA in a weak group. I hope we put 5 or 6 past them now. The ignorance is shameful! 🤣