Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe FMMVibe World Cup Fantasy Football 2022

FuddledFox

On 10/12/2022 at 19:01, Ian said:

By my reckoning, I can just about get 11 players for the next round, but it's safe to say this round has been a disaster.

Gonna save it and wildcard the final, so I'll only have 8 at best for the semis. Still, I'm happy - 40pts clear of the "relegation zone". Fair play to @samhardy, currently in top 1000 overall 👏 

31 minutes ago, Mr Tree said:

Gonna save it and wildcard the final, so I'll only have 8 at best for the semis. Still, I'm happy - 40pts clear of the "relegation zone". Fair play to @samhardy, currently in top 1000 overall 👏 

I used my wildcard in round two, so that’s gone. Barring something very strange happening, he’s won. I suppose we should really go with a few wild punts with different players and hope for something special, but I've already made my transfers and haven’t really done that. But I am fairly confident that my 11 will play, so we can only hope.

3 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Almost my whole team got eliminated so I had no choice but to use the wildcard 😂

But we can't use 2 booster at the same round? My booster is gone then. Still had 2 for the final 😅

My quarter finals were horrific 🔻 as real life intervened + didn’t make my transfers / subs for that entire round. Had Spanish + USA eliminated players in my first XI 😞 so I dropped out of our league’s top 5 + dropped 100,000 positions overall 😭 

B2AFFC1D-8224-46E4-8D3D-12CAF548C7A2.thumb.jpeg.f5cfaf20b4201954712063ad5d74746b.jpeg

For the semi finals I’ve just used my WILDCARD - so have unlimited transfers. Have stocked up on 5 ARG + 5 FRA players, with 2-3 each from CRO + MOR.

Will sub out the worst performing players from the first game, to be replaced by the French guys on my subs bench. Let’s see how that’ll do … ? Hope to rejoin the top 4 in our league 😆 

7 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Gonna save it and wildcard the final, so I'll only have 8 at best for the semis.

You may want to consider using it now! 😮 We have 2 matches this round (2x semi finals) AND two matches next round (final + 3rd place playoff!). So any first XI player from the remaining 4 teams will play in BOTH games. Definitely recommend using the wildcard if you have it.

7 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

Fair play to @samhardy, currently in top 1000 overall 👏 

Hear hear. He’s done very well so far - with a commanding +60 point lead over @hhooo in 2nd place!

2ACFEB7C-F46E-49AD-8D99-86FE0A173E07.thumb.jpeg.fc54f12951ebc313c2016dc0cb14ec79.jpeg

The best time to wildcard was actually before Gameweek 2 as there was a loophole within the rules which allowed people to make unlimited transfers whilst that gameweek was still active effectively meaning you had a wildcard for Gameweek 3 as well. Don’t know whether anyone else in our league noticed this but I always find the group stages are the best time to wildcard in these tournaments anyway as there’s much more points to play for at that stage than later on.

Hopefully I can hold on to my top 1K rank although like @Ian I only have 6 players left in my squad so I’m not hopeful 😬 won’t be making any transfers until the lineups are announced for the first semi as otherwise I’ll probably bring someone in and they’ll end up being dropped.

6 minutes ago, samhardy said:

The best time to wildcard was actually before Gameweek 2 as there was a loophole within the rules which allowed people to make unlimited transfers whilst that gameweek was still active effectively meaning you had a wildcard for Gameweek 3 as well.

Huh. Didn’t know that 👍 certainly this app had some ‘interesting’ features / bugs.

7 minutes ago, samhardy said:

I always find the group stages are the best time to wildcard in these tournaments anyway as there’s much more points to play for at that stage than later on.

Agree there were so many points to play for. I decided to use the other two boosters (12th man + the super captain one) in the 1st + 2nd round of group games for exactly that reason.

You decided to use the wildcard - and it’s all worked out VERY well for you!

1 hour ago, samhardy said:

The best time to wildcard was actually before Gameweek 2 as there was a loophole within the rules which allowed people to make unlimited transfers whilst that gameweek was still active effectively meaning you had a wildcard for Gameweek 3 as well.

Yeah, I saw something about it on YouTube. I didn’t use it myself mainly because I remember thinking I was going to get more transfers for the next round than I did get and I was pretty happy with my team anyway.

I actually don’t mind the format for this now that stuff has been ironed out. It was like they weren’t ready for tournament to start which is pretty shit really. The main thing for me is those wide players and whether they fall into the midfield or forward category. It’s hard to get that right and I haven’t got any answers but for me there have been too many being classed as forwards on this which is very limiting. I remember wanting a Brazilian midfielder and being very unimpressed with what was available. I did go for Paqueta in the end, who served me well but it would’ve been nice to have more options. I mean, I reckon loads of people just had Mbappe, Messi and Richarlison as their forward line for the majority of this. I dunno, maybe being able to have four forwards may have been a good idea.

2 hours ago, samhardy said:

The best time to wildcard was actually before Gameweek 2 as there was a loophole within the rules which allowed people to make unlimited transfers whilst that gameweek was still active effectively meaning you had a wildcard for Gameweek 3 as well. Don’t know whether anyone else in our league noticed this but I always find the group stages are the best time to wildcard in these tournaments anyway as there’s much more points to play for at that stage than later on.

Hopefully I can hold on to my top 1K rank although like @Ian I only have 6 players left in my squad so I’m not hopeful 😬 won’t be making any transfers until the lineups are announced for the first semi as otherwise I’ll probably bring someone in and they’ll end up being dropped.

I wildcarded before GW2 as well, just because we had a better idea who the starters were and which teams were secretly good or much worse than expected.