Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat How do you break down these teams?

Chris

Finding the defensive tactics of this game even more annoying than the last... first half of the season always goes amazing, until almost every team starts and plays the whole game with the below formation and I just can't score anymore. Striker goes from averaging 2-3gpg to less than 1... even against teams that are in the running for the league. Just seems ridiculously unrealistic and overpowered....

Screenshot_20221110-224048_FM23 Mobile.jpg

There’s a couple of parts to this …

• Creating Chances - this is the hard bit. I’m finding some success playing two Wingers (crossing into the box) - but  haven’t yet found a good way to create space for through balls into opposition 343 DM defense's gaps. A work-in-progress.
  • Pressing - however I’m finding a lot of success in a high / intense press, forcing the opposition to play long balls, where often we recover the ball.  We’re not creating chances from stealing the ball from their defenders, but instead have the opportunity to build from the back again.

Thoughts?

Edited by DanEnglish
6 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

There’s a couple of parts to this …

• Creating Chances - this is the hard bit. I’m finding some success playing two Wingers (crossing into the box) - but  haven’t yet found a good way to create space for through balls into opposition 343 DM defense's gaps. A work-in-progress.
  • Pressing - however I’m finding a lot of success in a high / intense press, forcing the opposition to play long balls, where often we recover the ball.  We’re not creating chances from stealing the ball from their defenders, but instead have the opportunity to build from the back again.

Thoughts?

Cheers for that. I'll try Wingers for these and see how they get on. My current tactic uses IWs, and also a high press. I find with the high press the opposition just passes it round their backing, which is 8 people so I have little opportunity to win the ball back.

6 hours ago, topline said:

sit deeper. forces them to come forward and open up

I am playing a high line, with all over closing down so I'll give this a go, thanks!

2 hours ago, rseven said:

My idea will be 

1. set two winger, more cross and more conner kick

2. set one DLP, to pull defense line up

Didn't think to try a DLP, I'll also give that a go and report back. Thanks!

2 hours ago, Chris said:

Cheers for that. I'll try Wingers for these and see how they get on. My current tactic uses IWs, and also a high press. I find with the high press the opposition just passes it round their backing, which is 8 people so I have little opportunity to win the ball back.

I am playing a high line, with all over closing down so I'll give this a go, thanks!

Didn't think to try a DLP, I'll also give that a go and report back. Thanks!

I’m testing out positioning my players MUCH further forward - seems to be very difficult for teams to pass around, so they hit a lot of long balls. Am still testing / tweaking on the opposition 343 DM though. Work in progress!

69A93CF0-3DF4-4CA0-BBCD-7712BAE5DABC.thumb.jpeg.8808a8df9b2c94b26ea714a3a3123360.jpeg

E2D80DBC-BA99-4034-A9F7-A16D6C8A0241.thumb.jpeg.4c93ca42ad05a787d064634b30a405e6.jpeg

Note the Man Cuty one should have a SK. Plus am still playing around with the ST, MC/DMC and DC roles

Edited by DanEnglish