Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Badge of Honour #2 - Park the Bus!

DanEnglish

Would you like to try this 'Park the Bus' challenge?!  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to try this 'Park the Bus' challenge?!

• Yes - I'll start a new save now!
    • Probably - will likely start this fairly soon
    • Maybe - will have a think about it
    • No - is interesting, but not for me
    • Other or N/A

591574544_ParktheBus.thumb.png.fd922c3fee2a2035e6250e61086e1ded.png

Intro
This is the second badge in this year's 'Badges of Honour' series. The concept is expertly explained in @Titjes post <here>

Challenge
Some managers are famous for an ultra-defensive approach, a well-organized back line … for parking the bus.

As a completely different challenge to the previous one - this badge is about conceding less goals, with a relegation candidate, in continental Europe, in a (less than) half-season challenge!

• Aim - to concede the least amount of goals possible (in the first 13 league games only)
  • Club - choose ONE of these teams: Vfl Bochum (🇩🇪 Germany), or Brianza (🇮🇹 Italy) or Girona (🇪🇸 Spain).
  • Note - all of these teams have Board expectations to “battle bravely against relegation” - so it won’t be easy.

F9B604CC-E2D9-4A23-8BAA-CD59D291B9B7.jpeg.5c03800363ec9fe0aebb0ab71234c68d.jpeg

• Duration - this is less than a half-season challenge, so it finishes after 13 league games (nice and short - so you're less likely to get fired!)
    • In Spain + Italy, there should be exactly 13 league games before the World Cup (mid-Nov).
    • In Germany, there should be 15 league games before the World Cup, so you'll need to finish 2 games before the World Cup, to have played 13 league games.

This should be an interesting challenge to explore more defensive tactics + approaches!

As this is only about conceding few league goals - note that (i) you don't need to win the matches, nor avoid relegation, and (ii) you can rest key players in the cups, to keep them fit for the domestic League games!

Scoring
To earn your “park the bus” badge, you need to concede one goal (or less) per game (league only) - within your first 13 league games (e.g. concede 13 goals or less, in those 13 league games).

• You should submit your total score (total number of league goals conceded) with a screenshot of the league table (showing your team!) on this post + then you will be added to the leaderboard.
  • The fewer goals conceded, the higher your place on the leaderboard.
  • If there is a tie (two Vibe players have the same score), then the tie-breaker is number of points from those 13 games (example - 20 points from 13 games is more impressive than 10 points after 13 games).

Rules
The same as last year:

• No unlockables (inc. no editor)
  • No cheating (inc. no reloading)
  • Own formations (that also means don’t steal a tactic and change one instruction)
  • Any badge and reputation;
  • Any database (if you want to attempt this after the winter 2022/23 data update)
  • Transfers, loans, etc, allowed
  • You can attempt the challenge multiple times, but only your top score will be on the leaderboard;

For this specific challenge - it is acceptable to reload the new save to avoid any particularly challenging first 13 fixtures (e.g. to avoid playing Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Atletico in your first 3 league games)

Good luck!

Leaderboard

1. @Varf on fmm - ZERO goals conceded! 🔥 
  2. @Kanegan - only 8 conceded
  3. @Raven9 - only 10 conceded
  4. @Savelieff - only 11 conceded
  5. <>
Edited by DanEnglish
2 hours ago, Raven9 said:

Made it with Monza. 10 goals against and 16 points in 13 games. 

Congrats! You have done very very well.

Any feedback on the challenge (was it fun?!) or suggestions for others doing it? 🙂 

13 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Congrats! You have done very very well.

Any feedback on the challenge (was it fun?!) or suggestions for others doing it? 🙂 

Thank you. 

Have to admit that I was a bit sceptical at first. But it was really fun. 

First of all, I (like most others I guees) often use attacking formation, so making a defensive minded formation was a great challenge. 

Secondly, all games were exciting to watch from start to end. Even when I was 2 or more goals up at the end, I was still afraid that the opponent would score. 

As for suggestions. What worked for me was going with a balanced mentality. Tried defensive in some friendlies, but ended with all players in my own penalty area just waiting for my opponent to score. Also I had much luck. Only met Inter of the best teams (no Napoli, Juve or Milan), and they only scored 1 goal from 16 shots.

All in all. Go for it, I am sure my score can be beaten.

Wow I got to admit. This was hard. Spent couple hours testing Def formations... As I really never played them. 

I took an easy route (if you can call it that) and went with Girona. Best overall starting squad and most transfer budget. Had to explore free agents, they are a few worthy I must say. 

A little tip for whoever want to try this out- make sure you change your tactics according to the opponent's tactic. One game I was getting slaughtered with shots first half, so a had to move people around and tweak, and I kept paying more attention to opponents. Something I've never really done with attacking tactics and better clubs. 

I did concede ONE goal... 

Spoiler

IMG_3703.thumb.PNG.23ba4179d8cc9753619a4a6e220a58e6.PNG

Lucky for me it was disallowed. Not only I managed to keep clean sheet throughout 13 games, I also managed to win SIX out of 13 games. Including Barcelona. 

Spoiler

IMG_3704.thumb.jpg.78de24bb06577ab5834ffd1802ef74cc.jpgIMG_3705.thumb.jpg.67a5e2378a65b60c8a732f4d5c943321.jpg

What is really freaky - is that I "finished" 3rd in the League for the World Cup break. With only 7 goals scored.

Spoiler

IMG_3702.thumb.PNG.4f77b9e4bbd07ec9671ecf96e0e4e968.PNG

Crazy idea came to me as I was writing this - What if? There was a challenge where the goal was to win the league or finish top 4 or 5 but with the least amount of goals. So the leaderboard would have the least amount of goals on top, and in case of a tie, league position would count in, and if needed GD. I bet it would be boring as hell but just as hard... May be even harder than 1KC challenge. 

Anywho... That was a new experience for me. Have fun.

Final Score - Z E R O goals conceded

Edited by Varf on fmm
12 minutes ago, Varf on fmm said:

Anywho... That was a new experience for me. Have fun.

Final Score - Z E R O goals conceded

Wow. WOW.

12 minutes ago, Varf on fmm said:

Crazy idea came to me as I was writing this - What if? There was a challenge where the goal was to win the league or finish top 4 or 5 but with the least amount of goals. So the leaderboard would have the least amount of goals on top, and in case of a tie, league position would count in, and if needed GD. I bet it would be boring as hell but just as hard... May be even harder than 1KC challenge. 

I like that idea 👍 we will add it to the list of possible future challenges - though it won’t be one of the immediately upcoming ones. What teams / league would you suggest for it? 🙂 

Just now, DanEnglish said:

Wow. WOW.

I like that idea 👍 we will add it to the list of possible future challenges - though it won’t be one of the immediately upcoming ones. What teams / league would you suggest for it? 🙂 

Hmmm... I'll give it a thought. As I mentioned Girona was the most fortunate with $ and staff, so I'd say it doesn't really matter, IMO it'll be hard enough to keep Vinicius Jr or Haaland from scoring. So it might be tough challenge for top team as it is for mediocre team 

Leagues - Top 5

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

Love this challenge. It’s also a good way of showing whether the ‘new secret clue’ appears on people’s screenshots or not. 

Exactly - had the same thought 👍 

34 minutes ago, Rob said:

Love this challenge. It’s also a good way of showing whether the ‘new secret clue’ appears on people’s screenshots or not. 

Wonder if it’s the same thing I found out recently. 

13 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

You what mate?

I’ll DM you what it is. It’s something they’ve put in to show if editing or reloading has happened.

added 0 minutes later
4 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Wonder if it’s the same thing I found out recently. 

I’ll DM you too to check.

This is my first try with Monza! 11 goals conceded and an 8th place in the standings. Unfortunately it was off to a good start but I conceded 5 goals in the last two matches... The schedule was not easy! I will surely try to improve my score!

Screenshot_20230414_231818_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20230414_232403_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Screenshot_20230414_232407_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg