Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Welcome to Wrexham (442) (92 games 0 defeats in the league)

MarkD

14 hours ago, DutchTony said:

What a game!1409002175_Screenshot_20221128_020747_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.7afd8f9c78dc6c62a16ffc56ead77b06.jpg

Kind of makes up for this one 28827604_Screenshot_20221128_021251_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.2ab2912efef8bd90e27ac42c90f1822a.jpg

And don't get me started on this. 2nd game of the season and both CD's sent off.500478325_Screenshot_20221128_021339_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.f81878cf8a791ecba295f5ee86a10c78.jpg

Only 3 original players remain so they'll take a while to bed in. Some of the more difficult games out the way as well. Not going too badly so far. 228077107_Screenshot_20221128_022658_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.7192dca90bb75cb3476fcb309ba1fe70.jpg

Using the corner tactic? I haven't been on FMM23 yet.

9 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Using the corner tactic? I haven't been on FMM23 yet.

Yes. 23 is so much better than 22 in my opinion. I genuinely thought it would just be another squad update with minor game changes but I really like it.

3 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Yes. 23 is so much better than 22 in my opinion. I genuinely thought it would just be another squad update with minor game changes but I really like it.

Maybe I'd get further if I went back to using it on 23 then.

Was using it on 22.

4 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

Maybe I'd get further if I went back to using it on 23 then.

Was using it on 22.

100%. My defenders scored 48 goals from corners in 45 games.

1 hour ago, DutchTony said:

100%. My defenders scored 48 goals from corners in 45 games.

Might give it to one of my target men. Not gone with that before I don't think. Always used a defender.

34 minutes ago, Resurgam said:

You using the one from the original post of the Newcastle tweak?

I'm the guy that posted the tactic and I'm not afraid to admit that the Newcastle tweak by @DutchTony is better, both work great with the right players, but he has made it better 👍🏻 

I'm using this tactic with Ebbsfleet just got promoted winning the league with 5 games to spare will see how I go in the coming season but really impressed 

On 28/11/2022 at 19:25, Schwantz34 said:

Might give it to one of my target men. Not gone with that before I don't think. Always used a defender.

This year you are try recreat the ruben amorim tactic?

31 minutes ago, KNSMIGAS said:

This year you are try recreat the ruben amorim tactic?

I'm always playing around with it yes.

If I get it working well I'll post it.

Tried this in my third season with West Ham (i’m in 2030, first season we got promoted to Premier League and the second season we finished 2nd place). In Premier League we had a lot of up and downs, big wins and some bad losses; lost at penalties in the 4th round in Carabao against Aston Villa, lost 2-1 in semifinal in Fa Cup against Man City; we had a very very exciting run in the Champions League, but unfortunately we lost to Chelsea in the final.

We scored a lot of goals, but the defence was not at the same level.

2A99E107-7D01-4F99-83E1-B4733F6A3DAC.thumb.png.a433f408ff8363be1574a75e60869009.png

2DC70AAA-A0DA-4197-B25E-9047EEB93EDE.thumb.png.c9d887bb1175e3144293ddf37eef713b.png

This tactic is immense. Using the tweaked version, had a few wobbles throughout as my rotational players don't quite fit the tactic roles, that's where I dropped a lot of points. Overall though really good.

And yes I am using the corner tactic but using one of my strikers instead of centre backs. Was a bit more unpredictable this year though worked for half the season then only scored a goal every 3 or 4 games for the rest of the season. Weird 

Screenshot_20221203-084736.png

Screenshot_20221203-084808.png

Screenshot_20221203-084850.png

Screenshot_20221203-084912.png

Screenshot_20221203-084929.png

Screenshot_20221203-084937.png

Edited by TehSpaceGiraffe
5 hours ago, TehSpaceGiraffe said:

This tactic is immense. Using the tweaked version, had a few wobbles throughout as my rotational players don't quite fit the tactic roles, that's where I dropped a lot of points. Overall though really good.

And yes I am using the corner tactic but using one of my strikers instead of centre backs. Was a bit more unpredictable this year though worked for half the season then only scored a goal every 3 or 4 games for the rest of the season. Weird 

Screenshot_20221203-084736.png

Screenshot_20221203-084808.png

Screenshot_20221203-084850.png

Screenshot_20221203-084912.png

Screenshot_20221203-084929.png

Screenshot_20221203-084937.png

Without proof y’et, the defender seems to score more than the striker. In both a german, english and danish save i have :)

On 03/12/2022 at 14:22, AndersJ said:

Without proof y’et, the defender seems to score more than the striker. In both a german, english and danish save i have :)

I concur 

Screenshot_20221204-230804_FM23 Mobile.jpg

This is a cracking tactic. Tried it on a start-unemployed game where I ended up at East Fife, and even with a relatively poor side that didn't establish great relationships, and with not much transfer or loan scope, this won me Scottish League 2 with 3 games to spare. Sticking with it in year 2 and am in the playoff places in League 1, having made a few better transfers and loans.

Really recommend following the guidance on switching up tactics situationally - going down both flanks against narrow formations usually works really well, and disciplined creativity to close out games is a strong recommendation too. The main thing that isn't working is direct passing, but that's due to a lack of aerial ability among my strikers (which is fixable if I can get to a point where I have a decent transfer budget). I think this tactic not being straight plug-and-play is actually improving me as a player as well - I've been pretty lazy with FM for some time now, and having to tinker with this has given me a much better understanding of my options. So thanks!

59 minutes ago, charleswrites said:

This is a cracking tactic. Tried it on a start-unemployed game where I ended up at East Fife, and even with a relatively poor side that didn't establish great relationships, and with not much transfer or loan scope, this won me Scottish League 2 with 3 games to spare. Sticking with it in year 2 and am in the playoff places in League 1, having made a few better transfers and loans.

Really recommend following the guidance on switching up tactics situationally - going down both flanks against narrow formations usually works really well, and disciplined creativity to close out games is a strong recommendation too. The main thing that isn't working is direct passing, but that's due to a lack of aerial ability among my strikers (which is fixable if I can get to a point where I have a decent transfer budget). I think this tactic not being straight plug-and-play is actually improving me as a player as well - I've been pretty lazy with FM for some time now, and having to tinker with this has given me a much better understanding of my options. So thanks!

Have you tried the tweak by @DutchTony? It's more about short passing and gets more possession 👍🏻

Not sure how this is working for everyone else. I get absolutely destroyed as Venice in Serie B. Lost 0-6 against Como at home. Almost every shot on goal against us is a goal so far this season. 5 straight and massive losses.

2 hours ago, Cayhnos said:

Not sure how this is working for everyone else. I get absolutely destroyed as Venice in Serie B. Lost 0-6 against Como at home. Almost every shot on goal against us is a goal so far this season. 5 straight and massive losses.

Is this since the update??? I've not used this tactic since the update so not sure how it is now, I'm working on a new tactic now

11 minutes ago, MarkD said:

Is this since the update??? I've not used this tactic since the update so not sure how it is now, I'm working on a new tactic now

Yeah, ever since the update

2 minutes ago, Adrien said:

Yeah, ever since the update

I've struggling with all sorts of different tactics since the update, can't seem to have enough shots, struggling to score, defensively I'm OK but going forward is terrible since the update on anything I try

1 minute ago, Schwantz34 said:

Good old FM updates nerfing stuff yet again

Soooooo frustrating ain’t it. I’ve turned auto updates off because it just kills saves halfway through

this tactic is worse than others, I've tried it with athletico Madrid didn't work, now I'm trying it with some team from South Africa I keep on losing 4-0, 4-1 I tried everything nothing is happening

Help me out please