Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Can I add a team to a lower division?

tantr0x

Hello, this is my first time playing FM and I'm loving it but would like to put South Shields in to the lowest English division and play as them.  I have been googling but can't see a way to do that, can anyone tell me if it is possible and point me towards an idiots guide?  They have been promoted in to the league on my current save so I know they exist.  Unfortunately for me their manager hasn't been sacked so I can't take over.  Thanks for any assistance!

On 25/11/2022 at 19:16, tantr0x said:

Hello, this is my first time playing FM and I'm loving it but would like to put South Shields in to the lowest English division and play as them.  I have been googling but can't see a way to do that, can anyone tell me if it is possible and point me towards an idiots guide?  They have been promoted in to the league on my current save so I know they exist.  Unfortunately for me their manager hasn't been sacked so I can't take over.  Thanks for any assistance!

Are you an Android user? If so, I can help you with that.

On 28/11/2022 at 20:56, Pete123 said:

When you click on South Shields and General Info, what league are they in?

In my current save (season 4) they are in the Vanarama National League.  They start off non-league and unplayable so I first noticed them when they were promoted to the Vanarama National League North.

On 29/11/2022 at 05:54, NguyenDucAnh said:

Are you an Android user? If so, I can help you with that.

Yes I'm on Android but have access to a PC if that is needed to modify something.

I'd love to be able to start a fresh save with them in the Vanarama National League North at the expense of Telford United (as they are currently bottom in real life).  Thank you for your help folks, much appreciated.  

5 hours ago, tantr0x said:

In my current save (season 4) they are in the Vanarama National League.  They start off non-league and unplayable so I first noticed them when they were promoted to the Vanarama National League North.

What league do they start in? You can use a changes.txt to swap them with Telford. 

https://fmmvibe.com/changes-txt-generator/index.html/

21 hours ago, Pete123 said:

What league do they start in? You can use a changes.txt to swap them with Telford. 

https://fmmvibe.com/changes-txt-generator/index.html/

I haven't had any joy so far, hoping you can confirm I'm doing this correctly?

I have done a fresh install of the game.  I first uninstalled it then deleted the 'sigames' and 'android/ data/ com.sega.soccer.eleven' folders (I saw them mentioned in your Global Hyper Mega League 1.0.0 instructions).  Then I reinstalled the game from the Play store, created myself as unemployed then logged out.  

On the fresh install South Shields are in the 'English Northern Premier League Premier Division'.  AFC Telford United are in the 'Vanarama National League North'  Using the changes.txt generator link I made a file containing

"CLUB" "South Shields" "England" "" "" "" "Vanarama National League North"
"CLUB" "AFC Telford United" "England" "" "" "" "English Northern Premier League Premier Division"

I have tried placing this in both the 'sigames' and 'android/data/com.sega.soccer.eleven/files/' folders without success, both times clearing the caches.  I then start a new game but it is still Telford United showing in the Vanarama National League North.

Am I correct in thinking that since South Shields don't ever start in a playable league they cannot be swapped with a team that is in one?  Or am I doing something else wrong?

40 minutes ago, tantr0x said:

I have done a fresh install of the game.  I first uninstalled it then deleted the 'sigames' and 'android/ data/ com.sega.soccer.eleven' folders (I saw them mentioned in your Global Hyper Mega League 1.0.0 instructions).  Then I reinstalled the game from the Play store, created myself as unemployed then logged out.  

On the fresh install South Shields are in the 'English Northern Premier League Premier Division'.  AFC Telford United are in the 'Vanarama National League North'  Using the changes.txt generator link I made a file containing

"CLUB" "AFC Telford United" "England" "" "" "" "English Northern Premier League Premier Division"

I have tried placing this in both the 'sigames' and 'android/data/com.sega.soccer.eleven/files/' folders without success, both times clearing the caches.  I then start a new game but it is still Telford United showing in the Vanarama National League North.

Am I correct in thinking that since South Shields don't ever start in a playable league they cannot be swapped with a team that is in one?  Or am I doing something else wrong?

You may try to add one more "" in for each club.

4 hours ago, tantr0x said:

You seem to be doing it right. Add an extra "" after "England". Are you using any other changes.txt files? If so, delete them and just make sure this works.

You only need to put the changes.txt file in android/data/com.sega.soccer.eleven/files/ - that's the right place.

Make sure to reload skin as well. You don't need to clear the cache for a changes.txt file so don't worry about that.

On 02/12/2022 at 19:13, Pete123 said:

You seem to be doing it right. Add an extra "" after "England". Are you using any other changes.txt files? If so, delete them and just make sure this works.

You only need to put the changes.txt file in android/data/com.sega.soccer.eleven/files/ - that's the right place.

Make sure to reload skin as well. You don't need to clear the cache for a changes.txt file so don't worry about that.

On 02/12/2022 at 15:24, rseven said:

You may try to add one more "" in for each club.

Thank you, the extra "" after "England" worked!  Really appreciate everyone who offered solutions in this thread.