Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Tactic help please :)

nathyb

Been playing my normal ebbsfleet save and got promoted 2 seasons on the bounce with this tactic, abliet I had to fight through playoffs last season to get here to League 2.

I've noticed my highest goalscorer in 2 seasons is 15 goals which isn't really a lot and I seem to concede a lot too. Any help to sort of refine this tactic would be nice. I've got gone decent free agents and I'm under wage bill, however I'm out of transfer funds so new players are out of the question. 

Cheers in advance!

Screenshot_20221129_125007_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_125003_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_124958_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Only thing that really sticks our is using fast tempo with a smaller team. I'd only recommend using fast with players that have great passing/decisions/creativity as it can lead to a lot of mistakes.

What are your final third options, and what is/isn't working well in terms of stats and results?

1 minute ago, nathyb said:

Apologies I though I uploaded the final 3rd - attached a pic :) cheers 

Screenshot_20221129_160759_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Looks fine to me. Only thing I'd change is tempo to balanced as mentioned before. Possibly creative freedom to balanced also as you want your playmakers to have some level of freedom.

Other than that I would say you just have to concentrate on levelling up your team. The fact that you have managed to back to back promotions says to me that the tactic is fairly sound.  

Work into Box I feel has a similar problem as @Chris mentioned with Fast build up, in that if you don't have the high level players capable of seeing and making those penetrative passes in and around the area, your striker will lack the supply to score the goals you're looking for.

5 minutes ago, Chris said:

Looks fine to me. Only thing I'd change is tempo to balanced as mentioned before. Possibly creative freedom to balanced also as you want your playmakers to have some level of freedom.

Other than that I would say you just have to concentrate on levelling up your team. The fact that you have managed to back to back promotions says to me that the tactic is fairly sound.  

Thanks for that, I've changed the tempo down to balanced and I'll try the discipline as balanced as well! I'll keep you updated - cheers for the help 

4 minutes ago, Lagom said:

Work into Box I feel has a similar problem as @Chris mentioned with Fast build up, in that if you don't have the high level players capable of seeing and making those penetrative passes in and around the area, your striker will lack the supply to score the goals you're looking for.

Would you suggest any orders at all for the final 3rd? My team isn't horrendous, mainly 3* players but obviously it's only league 2 so I'm not sure if I'll benefit from having any instruction for the final 3rd? 

Cheers again :)

Typically I like to have Early Crosses and Shoot on Sight. The more shots you have, the more likely you are to score, in theory. However, in another thread, someone tested the same tactic for the same games, using only one final third instruction, and Early Crosses actually produced less crosses than using no instruction, so I'm now trialling my tactic without Early Crosses ticked.

1 minute ago, Lagom said:

Typically I like to have Early Crosses and Shoot on Sight. The more shots you have, the more likely you are to score, in theory. However, in another thread, someone tested the same tactic for the same games, using only one final third instruction, and Early Crosses actually produced less crosses than using no instruction, so I'm now trialling my tactic without Early Crosses ticked.

I think my problem with early crosses is that I've got 2 inside forwards and a poacher so crosses aren't typically what produce goals, but I can definitely try shoot on sight

I think early crosses has been "bugged" for years. I want it in all of my tactics but it ALWAYS results in less crosses into the box. I think final third instructions overall are pretty poor but don't think they will change. Plenty of people have raised these issues before but get told its part of the "plug and play" aspect of the game... I think it is the complete opposite.

Saying that, shoot on sight and work into box I think are both suited for strong teams that can either score from outside of the box consistently, or pass around a defence well. Again though, take with a pinch of salt as you'll find that they don't always behave how you'd expect/want.

I honestly find 90% of my tactics work much better with no final third instructions, BUT they can be worth tinkering with (atleast for me) when you are struggling to break down an opposition. 

This is the post I was referring to in my previous comment. Early crosses actually produced less crosses than other instructions, and even less than no instructions.

The most chances and most successful tactic was with Run at Defence ticked,

1 minute ago, Chris said:

I think early crosses has been "bugged" for years. I want it in all of my tactics but it ALWAYS results in less crosses into the box. I think final third instructions overall are pretty poor but don't think they will change. Plenty of people have raised these issues before but get told its part of the "plug and play" aspect of the game... I think it is the complete opposite.

Saying that, shoot on sight and work into box I think are both suited for strong teams that can either score from outside of the box consistently, or pass around a defence well. Again though, take with a pinch of salt as you'll find that they don't always behave how you'd expect/want.

I honestly find 90% of my tactics work much better with no final third instructions, BUT they can be worth tinkering with (atleast for me) when you are struggling to break down an opposition. 

My tactic is solid I think now, but I just keep losing, I have more shots most of the games and when I look in depth during the game the majority of my passes are completed and my guys win headers etc etc, I just seem so unlucky this season 🤔

1 minute ago, nathyb said:

My tactic is solid I think now, but I just keep losing, I have more shots most of the games and when I look in depth during the game the majority of my passes are completed and my guys win headers etc etc, I just seem so unlucky this season 🤔

How do your players compare to opposing teams? Mainly your attackers vs their defenders. You may just be lacking the quality in the final third. 

Best way I find to counter this when starting with LLM is to find hidden young gems and either loan or sub them on. Then they should be ready to smash by the time your first team can't keep up with the quality of the league. If it's too late for that then try to by some young blood in now. Might find you don't promote for a season or 2 but that's the name of the game!

Edited by Chris
1 minute ago, Chris said:

How do your players compare to opposing teams? Mainly your attackers vs their defenders. You may just be lacking the quality in the final third.

Here's a screenshot of my main 3 attackers that I cycle between.

And I'll also attach my defenders

Screenshot_20221129_162639_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_162635_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_162630_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_164703_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_164651_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_164642_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_164637_FM23 Mobile.jpg

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Run at defense and Look for overlap are the only two that really do anything in my experience. 

Currently 18th in the league, can't seem to catch a break, conceding so many goals and my top goalscorer is a defender because I'm cheesing the corner strat 😂

Screenshot_20221129_173258_FM23 Mobile.jpg

2 minutes ago, nathyb said:

Currently 18th in the league, can't seem to catch a break, conceding so many goals and my top goalscorer is a defender because I'm cheesing the corner strat 😂

Screenshot_20221129_173258_FM23 Mobile.jpg

Think those results look worse than they are! All your losses were real close. I imagine your teams morale is quite low? That could also be a factor. I find morale affects performance quite a lot. Try praising those that perform well every month or so (avg over 7 for past 5 games is what I normally do). Few wins in a row and you might turn things around.

39 minutes ago, Chris said:

Think those results look worse than they are! All your losses were real close. I imagine your teams morale is quite low? That could also be a factor. I find morale affects performance quite a lot. Try praising those that perform well every month or so (avg over 7 for past 5 games is what I normally do). Few wins in a row and you might turn things around.

On the contrary my teams morale is generally quite good! I think my defence is just a bit shocking if I'm honest but I must admit I forget to praise them quite often