Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Italy 2006 World Cup Champion / 4-4-1-1 / Marcello Lippi

Hello, Friends.
        Need your comments on recreating the tactics of Italy 2006, I would like to hear from you what you think about what I managed to find out about how they played. 
          Here are some questions for connoisseurs of that team :
         1) The roles of the players in the 4-4-1-1 formation ?
          2) What was the mentality ?
          3) What are the instructions for defensive actions?
          4) What are the instructions for attacking actions? 

I'll be glad to get any advice, I'll apply and experiment all your comments after the feedback. 

For the beginning I will put my free interpretation of this tactic, the one that I understand as far as it may be close to the truth, this is how it may look like in my humble opinion: 

I look forward to seeing you, Thank you (sorry for my sloppy English)

IMG_20221130_172139.jpg

IMG_20221130_170734.jpg

IMG_20221130_172232.jpg

IMG_20221130_172510.jpg

IMG_20221130_172534.jpg

Edited by till malkovich

i think Pirlo and Gattuso roles and positions should be lower.

Pirlo DLP back one line, Gattuso BWM also back one.

Toni a TF, Camoranesi a WM

4 hours ago, topline said:

Я думаю, что роли и позиции Пирло и Гаттузо должны быть ниже.

Pirlo DLP отстал на одну строчку, Gattuso BWM также отстал на одну строчку.

Тони в TF, Каморанези в WM

Thank you, I'll try it in practice and then share the results. What about the roles of central defenders - which roles most accurately represent reality? 

1 hour ago, rseven said:

Не могли бы вы рассказать о тактике? Я не мог вспомнить, какую тактику использовал Itility в 2006 году.

That's exactly what I'm interested in, found little information about that Italian tactic, as you can see above I've already been corrected about the arrangement of players. The tactic is still in the processing and testing stage. 

7 hours ago, topline said:

Я думаю, что роли и позиции Пирло и Гаттузо должны быть ниже.

Pirlo DLP отстал на одну строчку, Gattuso BWM также отстал на одну строчку.

Тони в TF, Каморанези в WM

Following your comment about the roles and the placement of a couple of midfielders, slightly adjusting them - this is what came out: 

IMG_20221201_094645.jpg

IMG_20221201_094537.jpg

"To develop their attacks more vertically, Germany used throws to Klose, who struggled unsuccessfully with Materazzi. Marco, who replaced Andrea Barzagli in the starting line-up, pulled into the area between the lines, where Klose was being thrown, and engaged in the struggle. On the rare occasions when Materazzi lost it, Cannavaro was at his best."

Based on the description of this quote from one article on tactics, it follows that a of defenders were sweepers, I understand correctly? 

14 hours ago, till malkovich said:

"To develop their attacks more vertically, Germany used throws to Klose, who struggled unsuccessfully with Materazzi. Marco, who replaced Andrea Barzagli in the starting line-up, pulled into the area between the lines, where Klose was being thrown, and engaged in the struggle. On the rare occasions when Materazzi lost it, Cannavaro was at his best."

Based on the description of this quote from one article on tactics, it follows that a of defenders were sweepers, I understand correctly? 

in old terms, Materazzi was acting as the stopper. The first line of defence.
Cannavaro was the covering defender in case Materazzi was beaten or passed. We dont have those roles in FMM as they do in the PC version (Stopper, Defend, Cover, Attack etc)

Sweeper could work well to try a mimic this role.

Some context,
Lippi was a disciple of the Trappattoni school of tactics and based the teams set up on the very successful Zona Mista style of play, which itself evolved from the Catenaccio of the 1960s. This article series might help you out:

Origins:
https://dictatethegame.com/zona-mista-when-catenaccio-met-totaalvoetbal/

Recreation:
https://dictatethegame.com/zona-mista-fm21-recreation/

More info:
https://dictatethegame.com/zona-mista-liberos-and-masters-of-dark-arts/

Don't forget to turn on the "Diving in the 95th minute" setting....

Sorry, still bitter about how that knocked us (Australia) out in the round of 16 with a last minute penalty... 😀

I'm playing with a similar tactic that I like counter attack. Pirlo is fine as a playmaker, while Gattuso is better as a defensive midfielder, in order to have greater balance. Lippi played with a more detached defender behind the defensive line, an old-fashioned sweper-style defender.

Edited by Pinuccio
11 hours ago, Scratch said:

Не забудьте включить настройку "Погружение на 95-й минуте"....

Извините, все еще горько о том, как это выбило нас (Австралия) из 1/8 финала с пенальти на последней минуте... 😀

Now, that's a very accurate point about including a puff of time and cautious tackling in extra time of the match, thanks for the valuable advice!

That Australian team under Hiddink was a tough team, I see your point.

2 minutes ago, till malkovich said:

Now, that's a very accurate point about including a puff of time and cautious tackling in extra time of the match, thanks for the valuable advice!

That Australian team under Hiddink was a tough team, I see your point.

"In Guus We Trust" - These were the banners flashed in the stadiums back then

15 hours ago, topline said:

in old terms, Materazzi was acting as the stopper. The first line of defence.
Cannavaro was the covering defender in case Materazzi was beaten or passed. We dont have those roles in FMM as they do in the PC version (Stopper, Defend, Cover, Attack etc)

Sweeper could work well to try a mimic this role.

Some context,
Lippi was a disciple of the Trappattoni school of tactics and based the teams set up on the very successful Zona Mista style of play, which itself evolved from the Catenaccio of the 1960s. This article series might help you out:

Origins:
https://dictatethegame.com/zona-mista-when-catenaccio-met-totaalvoetbal/

Recreation:
https://dictatethegame.com/zona-mista-fm21-recreation/

More info:
https://dictatethegame.com/zona-mista-liberos-and-masters-of-dark-arts/

Thank you for the links and such valuable comments, we will read and dig in.

5 hours ago, Pinuccio said:

Я играю с похожей тактикой, мне нравится контратака. Пирло хорош как плеймейкер, а Гаттузо лучше как опорный полузащитник, чтобы иметь больший баланс. Липпи играл с более отстраненным защитником за линией обороны, защитником старомодного стиля.

Thank you, yes in the comment above pointed out that the role of defenders that is needed does not exist in the mobile version of the game, and the most approximate role is the sweeper, so we will experiment as far as possible allow the game. 

19 hours ago, Sogno_Azzurro said:

Why can't I see the rest of the tactic

Unfortunately the screenshots are not saved sorry. I can recommend you the tactics of Trappatoni.