Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Miki33 Inspired 4-1-3-2 Overload

Hey Everyone,

I was looking around this great forum as I'd just bought FM23 for the iPad and couldn't get some of the popular tactics already shared on here to work for me.

I had tested loads of tactics last year, specifically from @Miki33, a true legend of the game.

If you didn't try it last year, this tactic was awesome and is exactly what I decided to try in this years game and straight away, it worked really really well.

After about 15 games or so, I changed both strikers to Pressing Forwards and my results picked up hugely.

Here's how it went in the first season:

IMG_0107.thumb.jpg.abe8757d6e378d5915e4981872d97b03.jpg

General tips:

- At the start of the game, I always clear any staff members out who are less than the maximum I can get to the club.

- I make myself the attacking coach and then have Fitness, Motivation, Goalkeeping and Defence coaches with the highest badge and ability I can get.

- At the start of the game, I always arrange as many friendlies as possible (normally clearing the ones which are already arranged), every 2/3 days to get the team used to the tactic and to build relationships quicker.

- Always ensure that every player is being trained for the role you intend to play them. If you can't see that in the training options, you'll firstly need to re-train their position then you'll see the option to match their position on the pitch.

- Throughout the season, I continually ask the board to improve the training facilities and youth facilities - to maximise the potential of every player throughout the season.

- Try to have 2 players for every position. I have a saved selection for Premier League games and a separate saved selection for any cup games. Rest your best players for the league.

Forgive me if they're all basic, but I figured they may be easily missed and I believe they all make a contribution to the overall game.

Tactic:

Here's the tactic:

IMG_0108.thumb.PNG.24fdcdafbc578d7947c35047c65ee6c9.PNG

Players Required:

SK: Nothing out of the ordinary here. I have used the template searches for this role.
BPDs: I have used the template searches for this role, with the addition of pace, which is a must.
IWBs: I have used the template searches for this role.
CM: Passing, Teamwork ,Tackling, Positioning & Movement.
AP: Creativity, Passing, Shooting, Decisions, Movement.
IFs: I have used the template searches for this role.
PFs: I've noticed that Strikers with good Teamwork and Strength work best.

As an additional general rule VERY IMPORTANT - try to add teamwork to each player you're looking for, I find that the relationships build much quicker and the team adapt to the tactic quicker too.

INSTRUCTIONS

IMG_0109.thumb.PNG.26309931688955a873c779850ef0dedd.PNG

IMG_0110.thumb.PNG.ec2dfc3cfd4fd94a73ea5b770258ceaa.PNG

IMG_0111.thumb.PNG.a931ec08bd64840477b4c35146462e0e.PNG

I have used the Corner Tactic from last year which is still successful, using one of the CBs as the guy marking the keeper.

You'll find that you'll get loads of shots on goal, high pressing from the forwards and mistakes from the opponent.

Please feel free to give it a go and ask any questions, but try to take the time to read this post before you do.

Again, full credit thrown directly at @Miki33 who was the creator of this, and other tactics which were by far the best in last years edition. To repeat, all I have done is change the role of the strikers.

Enjoy!

Edited by Mike Dodgson
31 minutes ago, PrinceMadu said:

You have very good players so any tactics is likely to work 

I disagree completely. It's a decent team but not a team filled with superstars. Any tactic would not work.

Sir, This is prolly fm mobile 22

It's an easy edition compared to the latest edition

You have Gvardiol best wonder kid in the defence, you also paired him with Tomori, very solid CB

You have Barella in the Midfield with Nkunku, world class in the game with a 4 and half star asensio 

In attack, you paired 2 solid poachers with pace, strength, aerial, shooting and movement 

Sir, this team would perform well in almost any tactics 

8 hours ago, PrinceMadu said:

Sir, This is prolly fm mobile 22

It's an easy edition compared to the latest edition

You have Gvardiol best wonder kid in the defence, you also paired him with Tomori, very solid CB

You have Barella in the Midfield with Nkunku, world class in the game with a 4 and half star asensio 

In attack, you paired 2 solid poachers with pace, strength, aerial, shooting and movement 

Sir, this team would perform well in almost any tactics 

I noted the version in the original post and gave full credit.

I changed the whole squad yes, but I believe the tactic is that good that they gelled quicker and brought success.

I follow Newcastle, they’re local, they’re my go-to team in FM and for once in all of the years playing FM we have some money, so do you know what? I’m going to enjoy it!

Instead of criticising, why not try it?

On 02/12/2022 at 13:16, Mike Dodgson said:

Hey Everyone,

I was looking around this great forum as I'd just bought FM23 for the iPad and couldn't get some of the popular tactics already shared on here to work for me.

I had tested loads of tactics last year, specifically from @Miki33, a true legend of the game.

If you didn't try it last year, this tactic was awesome and is exactly what I decided to try in this years game and straight away, it worked really really well.

After about 15 games or so, I changed both strikers to Pressing Forwards and my results picked up hugely.

Here's how it went in the first season:

IMG_0107.thumb.jpg.abe8757d6e378d5915e4981872d97b03.jpg

General tips:

- At the start of the game, I always clear any staff members out who are less than the maximum I can get to the club.

- I make myself the attacking coach and then have Fitness, Motivation, Goalkeeping and Defence coaches with the highest badge and ability I can get.

- At the start of the game, I always arrange as many friendlies as possible (normally clearing the ones which are already arranged), every 2/3 days to get the team used to the tactic and to build relationships quicker.

- Always ensure that every player is being trained for the role you intend to play them. If you can't see that in the training options, you'll firstly need to re-train their position then you'll see the option to match their position on the pitch.

- Throughout the season, I continually ask the board to improve the training facilities and youth facilities - to maximise the potential of every player throughout the season.

- Try to have 2 players for every position. I have a saved selection for Premier League games and a separate saved selection for any cup games. Rest your best players for the league.

Forgive me if they're all basic, but I figured they may be easily missed and I believe they all make a contribution to the overall game.

Tactic:

Here's the tactic:

IMG_0108.thumb.PNG.24fdcdafbc578d7947c35047c65ee6c9.PNG

Players Required:

SK: Nothing out of the ordinary here. I have used the template searches for this role.
BPDs: I have used the template searches for this role, with the addition of pace, which is a must.
IWBs: I have used the template searches for this role.
CM: Passing, Teamwork ,Tackling, Positioning & Movement.
AP: Creativity, Passing, Shooting, Decisions, Movement.
IFs: I have used the template searches for this role.
PFs: I've noticed that Strikers with good Teamwork and Strength work best.

As an additional general rule VERY IMPORTANT - try to add teamwork to each player you're looking for, I find that the relationships build much quicker and the team adapt to the tactic quicker too.

INSTRUCTIONS

IMG_0110.thumb.PNG.ec2dfc3cfd4fd94a73ea5b770258ceaa.PNG

IMG_0111.thumb.PNG.a931ec08bd64840477b4c35146462e0e.PNG

I have used the Corner Tactic from last year which is still successful, using one of the CBs as the guy marking the keeper.

You'll find that you'll get loads of shots on goal, high pressing from the forwards and mistakes from the opponent.

Please feel free to give it a go and ask any questions, but try to take the time to read this post before you do.

Again, full credit thrown directly at @Miki33 who was the creator of this, and other tactics which were by far the best in last years edition. To repeat, all I have done is change the role of the strikers.

Enjoy!

This looks great. I was a massive fan of this tactic on last years game but have been reluctant to try it due to the change in how IF’s play. Could you post a screenshot of your players average ratings and goals?  Thanks

Can confirm this tactic is very strong again this year. I'm using it on my current save (Oxford City), 3rd season in and currently unbeaten in the league (League 2, just promoted from VNL). I even had a pretty crazy cup run in my first season using it, with mostly players gotten in on a free. The only difference I have is that i swap the role of the 2 forwards to whatever their trained role is (usually a Poacher & a Target Forward)

1 hour ago, HudsonOfSmeg said:

Can confirm this tactic is very strong again this year. I'm using it on my current save (Oxford City), 3rd season in and currently unbeaten in the league (League 2, just promoted from VNL). I even had a pretty crazy cup run in my first season using it, with mostly players gotten in on a free. The only difference I have is that i swap the role of the 2 forwards to whatever their trained role is (usually a Poacher & a Target Forward)

What a cup run!

Out of interest, did you get much investment from your board from the back of the cup run?

I can't honestly remember how much i got - i think it was around 50k for each of the early rounds and then increased to £100k-150k for the later stages. I don't tend to check the transfer balance as i switch it all to wages instead. When i'm trying to get a non-league team to the Premiership, i rarely spend money on players as most of the time when you get promoted your 5 star players are suddenly on 1-2 stars at best. What i tend to do is shortlist players whose contracts are expire or are released and sign them. Usually the extra wage budget helps to get slightly better players (sometimes have to add a minimum release clause or relegate clause to get them to sign). 

On 02/12/2022 at 13:16, Mike Dodgson said:

That formations remind me of when pirlo passed England out of existence 51B924E4-05F6-49B4-9497-4FDC7243D263.jpeg.9f6773196286dc062edc515a4cb68c60.jpegback in 2012

Edited by YetAnotherDisplayName

End of Season 3 update - we won the quadruple!

IMG_0119.thumb.PNG.52f42fb29edf1a764a3ab39f23c13b7a.PNG

IMG_0116.thumb.PNG.7b7e30ba9efd9fc1932905cabc2c7d95.PNG

IMG_0117.thumb.PNG.22daad2ac580aadd018163362b22f720.PNG

IMG_0118.thumb.PNG.43cb67c6bbc8c49b345b1e6ebae4ab52.PNG

IMG_0121.thumb.PNG.80d6def251dce5f662e0b0171e865ce5.PNG

Yes, I have a strong team and no doubt people will think that regardless of tactic, the players are that good that any tactic would work - but I disagree.

In every cup game and midweek premier league games, I play a completely different 11 to maintain fitness of my main players. 

The football is lovely to watch and I just think it's a brilliant, brilliant tactic.

I'm going to leave the save as-is for now and come back to it later, as there's a couple of interesting tactics on here that I'd like to try and give feedback on - that's what the forum is all about!

15 hours ago, TheUnstableGuy said:

Stats of your strikers?

Sorry mate, I no longer have this save stored as I've been using other tactics on this forum to test.

I've not tried this tactic post the December update to know if it's still as good.