Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat World Cup Winner Can't Get A Job!? 🤔

CJ_Randell

I started a game as England boss to play through the World Cup. 

I managed to lead England to glory. 

I followed this by breezing through the Euro Qualifiers, winning every game. 

Unfortunately my performance in the Euro's wasn't great and I was dumped out in the first Knockout Round, losing to Portugal. 

I was sacked, which I felt was harsh given I won the World Cup and the objective in the Euro's was to reach the QF's. 

The problem I'm having now is that I can't seem to land another job. I have Nationally Renowned reputation and I've won the biggest competition in football and I'm being overlooked for jobs at sides like Oxford who are struggling in League One. 

I've applied for a lot of jobs over a 1 1/2 year stretch and apparently Kasper Schmeichel, Derek McInnes and Dave Challinor are preferred options. 

I feel like this must be a bug, surely I would get a job somewhere given what I've won and my reputation. 

Not sure if it’s a bug tbf, take a look at Southgate. He got to the finals of the Euros and semi finals of the World Cup, yet I doubt any Premier League club would take him if he was sacked from England. 

17 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Not sure if it’s a bug tbf, take a look at Southgate. He got to the finals of the Euros and semi finals of the World Cup, yet I doubt any Premier League club would take him if he was sacked from England. 

He didn't win it though. 

And he'd surely get a Championship job. 

I'm losing out on jobs at the bottom of League One to managers from the Vanarama National League. 

I'd agree a World Cup winning manager should probably be able to get an L1 job. I'd probably report this on the SI Games website and maybe even ping @Marc Vaughan over there, as this is the kind of thing he often looks into to improve the balance.