Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 2-3-3-2 tactics

tunnex190

Hi, this is probably my first post in years. I just want to share this tactics. I have seen a similar tactics here and I loved it so I worked on it to improve the attack and as well make the lone DM to be able to link up well with false 9. This tactic requires very decent BPD players and well-rounded wingbacks that can pass, defend and run. If your wingbacks lack these traits, you may concede more but you will definitely score more than the opponents.  I have only tested it with just one/first season in the game with Galatasaray with default players. I don't sign in any players and the result was awesome. Try it. (I chose IWBs because I want them to support the DM in the middle.

Screenshot_20221205-150321_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-150333_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-150342_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-150352_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-150413_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-150434_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-150521_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-150724_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-170556_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-170445_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-150548_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-174118_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221205-175319_FM23 Mobile.png

Edited by tunnex190

This is a tactic which may suit better / more dominant sides in the league (not Crystal Palace!) - is it’s super attacking:

Why?

• In Possession - you will have 7-8 men forward: 3 STs (including your SS), 2 IFs staying high + wide (like wingers), plus a central 2-3 AMCs (your IWBs either side of your RP). That’s hugely attacking + is on OVERLOAD! 

• Counter Attacks - this means if opposition can quickly counter attack, then your 2 DCs are very vulnerable. You hope they can be slowed down, so you IWBs + RP can run back into defensive positions.

• Defending - with high pressing + a high line, but no midfield in between your defense + 5 attackers, it means one of your DCs will often push up to close down an opposition midfielder / creating loads of space for attackers to run into 😞 

Overall an interesting tactic - but perhaps one to use with a dominant team or if you don’t mind conceding lots of goals against better sides. 

D381A615-6D6D-4029-957D-241106B414D7.jpeg.54f9864a058d3e5a9f4c8ebdd6972124.jpeg

AD42A8D3-D0B4-46F3-A717-006644A16EEC.jpeg.2f0ee2dc316e40cd9818659f5f453c6e.jpeg

19 hours ago, tunnex190 said:

(I chose IWBs because I want them to support the DM in the middle.

A slightly more defensively-solid version of this would be:

• to have a DLP in the middle (not RP)
  • … or to have the IWBs in the DR/L positions (instead of the DMR/L positions).

With both options, it means there’s an extra defensive player back in the DMC (or DMRC/LC) positions yo protect against counter attacks. 🙂 

I find that pressing all over, playing on overload, and using a Deep defensive line is quite effective this year. Gets the best of both worlds. 

Just now, hhooo said:

I find that pressing all over, playing on overload, and using a Deep defensive line is quite effective this year. Gets the best of both worlds. 

Yes! It seems many people automatically go for high-line, high-press, attack/overload mentality … then get killed defensively.

I’m also a fan of very high player positioning, high-line, high-press, yet with a defensive mentality 🙂 

1 hour ago, DanEnglish said:

Yes! It seems many people automatically go for high-line, high-press, attack/overload mentality … then get killed defensively.

I’m also a fan of very high player positioning, high-line, high-press, yet with a defensive mentality 🙂 

I usually go the opposite, lots of very defensive positions, but play on overload. 

added 0 minutes later
1 hour ago, DanEnglish said:

I usually go the opposite, lots of very defensive positions, but play on overload. 

Most definitely not a plug and play tactic I'm afraid.

Couple of quick attempts in Germany and Italy. Didn't perform well. As others have said it's likely good with dominating teams, but that makes it far from plug and play.

7 hours ago, Schwantz34 said:

Couple of quick attempts in Germany and Italy. Didn't perform well. As others have said it's likely good with dominating teams, but that makes it far from plug and play.

I'd be interested in seeing the possession stats. I know it's not everything but I have always felt like the teams that win possession, wins the matches more often than not in fmm.

On 06/12/2022 at 19:28, Schwantz34 said:

Having the suitable players to play each position perfectly really matters. I have only tried the tactics with Galatasaray on first season and it was productive. Although, looking at the results I posted, it shows I concede at least a goal almost every match. I am on my second season with Portsmouth and I had to set up about 7 friendly matches with top flight teams like Chelsea, Juventus and the rest where I only won 3 games out of it. I will post the result after the season ends.

On 06/12/2022 at 14:16, DanEnglish said:

This is a tactic which may suit better / more dominant sides in the league (not Crystal Palace!) - is it’s super attacking:

Why?

• In Possession - you will have 7-8 men forward: 3 STs (including your SS), 2 IFs staying high + wide (like wingers), plus a central 2-3 AMCs (your IWBs either side of your RP). That’s hugely attacking + is on OVERLOAD! 

• Counter Attacks - this means if opposition can quickly counter attack, then your 2 DCs are very vulnerable. You hope they can be slowed down, so you IWBs + RP can run back into defensive positions.

• Defending - with high pressing + a high line, but no midfield in between your defense + 5 attackers, it means one of your DCs will often push up to close down an opposition midfielder / creating loads of space for attackers to run into 😞 

Overall an interesting tactic - but perhaps one to use with a dominant team or if you don’t mind conceding lots of goals against better sides. 

D381A615-6D6D-4029-957D-241106B414D7.jpeg.54f9864a058d3e5a9f4c8ebdd6972124.jpeg

AD42A8D3-D0B4-46F3-A717-006644A16EEC.jpeg.2f0ee2dc316e40cd9818659f5f453c6e.jpeg

A slightly more defensively-solid version of this would be:

• to have a DLP in the middle (not RP)
  • … or to have the IWBs in the DR/L positions (instead of the DMR/L positions).

With both options, it means there’s an extra defensive player back in the DMC (or DMRC/LC) positions yo protect against counter attacks. 🙂 

Yeah, you are right, I already thought of using DLP in the middle but it but using it cut the flow of supply that my SS receives. SS here is the most important part of the tactics as a lot of goals happen through him.

I will post the Portsmouth result after the second season ends. And any adjustments made will be noted and shared here

Edited by tunnex190
1 hour ago, tunnex190 said:

Having the suitable players to play each position perfectly really matters. I have only tried the tactics with Galatasaray on first season and it was productive. Although, looking at the results I posted, it shows I concede at least a goal almost every match. I am on my second season with Portsmouth and I had to set up about 7 friendly matches with top flight teams like Chelsea, Juventus and the rest where I only won 3 games out of it. I will post the result after the season ends.

So the exact opposite of plug and play then.

As I said it may well be a good tactic and with the right players it probably is. Misleading to call it plug and play I feel.

Edited by Schwantz34
16 minutes ago, Schwantz34 said:

So the exact opposite of plug and play then.

As I said it may well be a good tactic and with the right players it probably is. Misleading to call it plug and play I feel.

Topic is edited 

On 08/12/2022 at 17:13, tunnex190 said:

I will post the Portsmouth result after the second season ends. And any adjustments made will be noted and shared here

I finished the second season with Portsmouth with decent results.

Screenshot_20221220-131912_FM23 Mobile.png

Screenshot_20221220-131931_FM23 Mobile.png