Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help This formation worked well for two seasons, so why not now??

Hello FMMVibe.

I have been on FMM since FMM22, yet I never really understood the tactics. This year I have read more articles about it on here and developed my Fmm22 tactic into the one shown here.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-12-09-10-50-16-592_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.82696a0c89f9060024ff41d900a8e927.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-12-09-10-50-19-051_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.31c0978fa7221230fa30f6089b151aa5.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-12-09-10-50-22-569_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.393cbc9d1d40261aae3cbccf494e7d68.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-12-09-10-50-25-960_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.82286f66670a82fb3ce98bbc6c5f4898.jpg

It has worked wonders in the past two seasons for me, with a 6th place finish and a FA cup final in my first season, and a 2nd place finish (after Man UTD and Chelsea had injury hit last 5 games) another FA cup final and a Europa League win. Here are the league history.

Spoiler

The 2024/2025 is no longer accurate. Please see next image.Screenshot_2022-12-09-10-51-17-957_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.ce57c5948b947d091e398a3d07adf8f2.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-12-09-10-51-50-050_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.56e5664983428e668733002af7a9390c.jpgThis image has been taken wrong. Shift the info one column to the right.

I was extremely pleased with the tactic, and wanted to buy players in who would fit it. So, with an ageing Danny Welbeck getting worse, I bought in the 2024 Jan window Alexander Mitrovic. Then, after impressing in the UEL semis against us, I bought Roberto Piccoli.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2022-12-09-10-50-32-959_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.5c9387adc53b702ce094302471f839ae.jpg

I thought I had answered all my problems, and I was ready to challenge for the League big time, propelled by an inspired Mac Allister, (BTW he had made the World XI after an insane season.) Fixtures looked awful at first, (sorry will add later) we had tottenham, city, liverpool and chelsea in our first six games. We came away with 2 W 2D 2L, which was good, so I was now ready to demolish lower ranked teams like I had last season. And I sort of did....see spoiler. The question is in spoiler. Sorry :)

Screenshot_2022-12-09-10-50-43-195_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Do you score a lot from corners previously? Since I noticed the defender was more mobile during corner and generally its harder to score. 

Imo it's also too static with 2 CM and 1 AP - and I never use IW before, So can't comment - but maybe try changing roles? 

The last thing I can guess is that the new players just need time to settle? 

prob solutions:

• change bpd to cd and wb to fb
    u need more playin' safe. But u can see ur previous bad results to know if ur defense with wing backs and ball defenders make mistakes in defense resulting in opp's goals.
  • change iw to w and u need in mid at least a defensive player like bwm. In other words, pair cm with bwm.
  • creativity in normal is enough.
  • don't need mark any in att instructions like work ball or crossing, dismark all. But if wanna, can mark any and see if still works well.
  • fast tempo is vital to play with wingers and target man. So you need young and skilled players on wing and a good header and shooter like n° 9.

I found that Mitrovic and Piccoli were not scoring in my formation. This is my question. Why are they not scoring?? can someone help me figure this out?? How can I adjust my tactic?? Thank You!!  board objectives are included. CC is not important. 

It looks to me like you're coming up against the same situation Brighton have in real-life ... they play nice tactics and have a decent, pretty settled and talented team.

Larger teams play expansive football against them and because of that Brighton tend to perform fairly well against them, lower league teams however bunker down against them and hit them on the break which mean their results aren't great because they lack the firepower (especially in terms of pace) up front.

On 11/12/2022 at 16:02, Leo2Valdez6 said:

Cheers Filipe, will test this week,

On 11/12/2022 at 14:52, Felipe Valle said:

prob solutions:

• change bpd to cd and wb to fb
    u need more playin' safe. But u can see ur previous bad results to know if ur defense with wing backs and ball defenders make mistakes in defense resulting in opp's goals.
  • change iw to w and u need in mid at least a defensive player like bwm. In other words, pair cm with bwm.
  • creativity in normal is enough.
  • don't need mark any in att instructions like work ball or crossing, dismark all. But if wanna, can mark any and see if still works well.
  • fast tempo is vital to play with wingers and target man. So you need young and skilled players on wing and a good header and shooter like n° 9.

Ok, I have changed the BPDs to CDs. This has worked well. WBs have stayed, because they are crucial in my attempt to overload the box. IWs have stayed the same so that I dont have Ws and WBs. In midfield, and this got me a 2-2 draw with Arsenal and a 2-0 win over Man Utd, I have left one CM and added a BtB midfielder. This can change to an Ap and a DLP, or and Ap and a CM, depending on the players I have chosen in midfield. Piccoli has finally started scoring, hes on a run of 6 games, and Mitrovic has scored braces in the last three, trying to make up for lost time :). Thanks for the tips Filipe, they have got my season back on track

5 hours ago, Paradoximus007 said:

You can not use the same exact tactic for years. The game will make it less effective. You need to introduce changes now and then. 

Hate to argue but this really isn’t true and is a misconception on all formats of FM in my opinion. I’ve used the same tactic on mobile pretty much (4-2-4) since FMM20, other than testing a few others. This year I started with Leeds and the same 4-2-4 and had no dip, results constantly improved as I improved the squad. Maybe once a season I’d lose a game to 1 shot on target but that’s football. But yeah I’ve never had any issues using the same tactic constantly on any version of FM

Edited by Resurgam
14 hours ago, Resurgam said:

Hate to argue but this really isn’t true and is a misconception on all formats of FM in my opinion. I’ve used the same tactic on mobile pretty much (4-2-4) since FMM20, other than testing a few others. This year I started with Leeds and the same 4-2-4 and had no dip, results constantly improved as I improved the squad. Maybe once a season I’d lose a game to 1 shot on target but that’s football. But yeah I’ve never had any issues using the same tactic constantly on any version of FM

No one is arguing here, just people sharing their experience.

For me, I've always has some kind of performance dip in second year if I made no changes to tactic/squad. I've heard people saying its game makes your tactic less effective. Maybe one of the reasons You haven't seen this that you upgrade your squad regularly. For me, I usually go with the same 14-15 players for years.

21 hours ago, Paradoximus007 said:

You can not use the same exact tactic for years. The game will make it less effective. You need to introduce changes now and then. 

On FMM22 I  noticed a drop in effectiveness after 3 seasons with Ajax and Barcelona. Maybe that's what happened here.

22 hours ago, Leo2Valdez6 said:

Ok, I have changed the BPDs to CDs. This has worked well. WBs have stayed, because they are crucial in my attempt to overload the box. IWs have stayed the same so that I dont have Ws and WBs. In midfield, and this got me a 2-2 draw with Arsenal and a 2-0 win over Man Utd, I have left one CM and added a BtB midfielder. This can change to an Ap and a DLP, or and Ap and a CM, depending on the players I have chosen in midfield. Piccoli has finally started scoring, hes on a run of 6 games, and Mitrovic has scored braces in the last three, trying to make up for lost time :). Thanks for the tips Filipe, they have got my season back on track

Anyway, I have managed to return Brighton back to their tactical glory days from my second season. I am now trying to fit an IF into the tactic instead of a IW on the left wing. Any ideas on how to build the tactic around them??

On 14/12/2022 at 04:07, Leo2Valdez6 said:

On FMM22 I  noticed a drop in effectiveness after 3 seasons with Ajax and Barcelona. Maybe that's what happened here.

Anyway, I have managed to return Brighton back to their tactical glory days from my second season. I am now trying to fit an IF into the tactic instead of a IW on the left wing. Any ideas on how to build the tactic around them??

There are FM streamers on PC that will swear by the fact that the AI will adjust to your tactic. It's one reason why they have 3 tactics that their team can learn. Check out Zeeland on YouTube.