Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics 4-3-3 Corona Lockdown [Comprehensive Guide]

marwahqr

This tactics is inspired with current meta where you should control the game, as defensive tactics seem to be punished heavily in fmm 23.

The idea is to keep the ball always upfront without giving it to our own half if possible. Thus the name: corona lockdown. This also include nullifying any attempts of counters and mistakes on our half.

Screenshot_2022-12-10-12-41-32-606_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.113965c3a38cfc177ccafcea89be607f.jpg

Screenshot_2022-12-11-21-35-09-315_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.838c79d2e6a61167798d92cd26ed92c0.jpg

Screenshot_2022-12-12-06-23-59-187_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.bdf31c20914e9a4b1bef8b77f9655513.jpg

Im using my pescara save that is already top of the league for 9 years straight. As you can see the numbers of draws are quite high and the goal is not that much as the AI tends to be defensive against top team. Yet this tactics also pretty solid in terms of goal conceded. 

I have been using this tactics since the first day, and the defensive variants of this tactics actually helped me in my serie A relegation battle and at the brink of being fired as I climbed too fast with loaned players. The truth is: there is no single magic tactic that may works in any occasions. You need to constantly adapt as game progress, and you need to make slight adjustment in every opponent you encounter. I consider this is balanced variant that works well with current version and patch.

Keep in mind that I am also using italian or domestic only players and has self-imposed policy of own academy players bias (+51%) which limits my capabilities to acquire top wonderkids from all over the worlds. Yet as long as the players fit the current system, even mediocre players will do nicely. I will tell the requirements later.

Screenshot_2022-12-11-21-35-35-465_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.9c607c07db47061f795134cd1b68e3df.jpg

To explain: attacking mentality is to make sure the attack is done as quick as possible. I find control mentality to be too slow and vulnerable to counters, and overload mentality only beneficial on some occassions. The narrow width is to accomodate short passing so that passing mistakes could be reduced. The fast tempo is to make sure we do not hold ball for too long upfront while positions of our players are dangerous. Balanced creativity so that flair plays may be happening, yet not so creative that we give balls unnecessarily.

Screenshot_2022-12-11-20-54-53-315_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.407b264867c7a4ea07bb15b803681b98.jpg

The high defensive line along with BPD role is neccessary to make sure interceptions may be made in opponents half and sole central midfielder could be supported while attacking as the roaming playmakers push front. All over closing is to keep the ball from our own half, along with commited tackling to make sure all tackling counts. I am using no offside traps as traps sometimes are unreliable and I am prioritizing fast defenders anyways. I am using time wasting to reduce injuries, you might change it to no if you want.

Screenshot_2022-12-11-20-54-59-576_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.2c8ccb52328c6045af23240028f84412.jpg

Shoot on sight is important to make sure that attack is done as efficient as possible without giving any opportunity of counters. Centre, narrow width, and short pass are also efficient combination to bring balls upfront. Long distribution to reduce back line mistakes that leads to goal.

Now we talk roles and strats.

Screenshot_2022-12-11-21-35-35-465_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.9c607c07db47061f795134cd1b68e3df.jpg

SWEEPER KEEPER

Sweeper keeper is a must for any high line tactics. It is to safeguard against long balls. thus for your goal keeper aside from main keeper skills you need to pay attention to secondary skills like (SK):

- pace

- aggresion

- positioning

- kicking.

Make sure these are not below 13. Here is the example from my academy:

Screenshot_2022-12-11-21-24-07-398_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.35e4aa66148a5a43a22c1e1b7597c170.jpg

DEFENSIVE FULLBACK

We are using defensive fullbacks because we do not want them to be out of positions, and we attack from center anyways. More often than not your dfbs are the ones that do most tackles in every games. The main skills you need to focus in order to win balls safely and efficiently are (DFB):

- tackling

- pace

- aggresion.

The secondary skills are

- decision

- passing

- positioning.

The tertiary are strength and aerial. Crossing and movement arent neccessary as it may hinder our central plays and defensive stability. Here is the example from my academy:

Screenshot_2022-12-11-22-12-07-237_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.3e3107cde4e4030f323051e396035d12.jpg

BALL PLAYING DEFENDER

The BPD is already explained before. Though named Ball-playing, passing is tertiary skill as you dont do long passes and only to make defenders available to midfield.

The main skills (BPD) are

- pace

- aggresion

- positioning

- aerial

- decision

- strength.

This is to make sure we win opposition' GK long pass all the time, intercept through balls, and can go toe-to-toe with enemy strikers. No secondary. The tertiary is passing. Here is the example from my academy:

Screenshot_2022-12-11-21-44-38-299_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.1dd23ae882b8dfb0426482a3342778c9.jpg

CENTRAL MIDFIELD

The central midfield is to hold ball as roaming midfield march in offensive, and to mark opponent pass options as roaming midfielders press valiantly. Thus we make him player marking. You may change the role to anchor man to improve defense in cost of offence. In more defensive setup if you are unable to contain the enemy if you are weaker, you can move the central midfield further back into  DM position with anchor role and player marking. This reduce the frequency of central defence intercepting infront and focus more on forward marking.

The main skills (CM) are:

- passing

- decision

- positioning

- strength

- tackling

The secondary are:

- movement

- arial

- shooting

- teamwork.

Tertiary is stamina. It is because i have team A and B to rotate so stamina is not needed anyway. Make sure it is better than 10 though. And try to not pick over aggresive one because we do not want to double press. Here is example:

Screenshot_2022-12-11-22-27-55-522_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.bef9b654f97d889ed1a95d319f0806c8.jpg

ROAMING PLAYMAKERS

The roaming playmakers are the beating heart of our tactics. They press and they make plays. If they do not find it possible to pass, then they'll shoot. If you keep passing upfront that will increase the chance of counters. You may change it to box-to-box midfield to sacrifice positioning for more offensive manouver though I do not recommend it. Or you may put right footed RP in left side or vice versa to encourage them to shoot rather than manouver excessively.

The main skills (RP) are

- movement

- passing

- decisions

- aggression

- pace

- tackling.

The secondary are

- creativity

- shooting.

The tertiary is stamina and dribbling. Be careful about having too high crossing though. If you put left footed RP with high crossing in left side it may manouver like mezzala. I consider this as attacking aberation as it will sacrifice positioning heavily and our preferred stats doesnt really supports this pattern of attack anyway.

Here is the example from my academy:

Screenshot_2022-12-11-22-21-47-458_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.679eeebea21495970531e714044bc2d7.jpg

PRESSING FORWARDS

The pressing forwards are to press up high when in defence, and in offence pull defenders to give way to the poacher. Basically you will also shoot long shots often because it is very efficient, as long as the stat supports it. They are also usually your main assist makers.

Thus the main stats (PF) are

- aggression

- pace

- passing

- decisions

- shooting (18+)

- strength

Pay attention more to shooting. Personally in high level competitions I want shooting to be 18 minimal. Use the right footed for the left pressing forward and vice versa to improve the success rate of the shoot. If somehow your pressing forward has better passing than shooting, then use right footed for the right pressing forward and the same for the left to improve the through pass success rate.

The secondary are:

- movement

- technique.

Tertiary are teamwork and aerial as forwards ofttimes receive GK's long balls and could possibly become assists. Here is the example from my academy:

Screenshot_2022-12-11-22-38-16-876_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.b0c923cbcccb5927c358a0303746a8b8.jpg

POACHER

The poacher will be your top goalscorers usually. It is because usually your pressing forward and pull defender slightly, giving space to the poacher. Two central defenders system usually get obliterated when not in defensive.

Main skills (P) are:

- Shooting (18+)

- movement

- pace

Secondary skills are:

- passing

- decision

- technique

Tertiary skills are:

- aerial

- teamwork

Here is the example from my academy:

Screenshot_2022-12-11-22-55-40-725_com_sega.soccer.eleven.thumb.jpg.ac27cf2417b7205d4ab76a4b398335c5.jpg

As you can see from the stars and stats that my players are not really the best that are available but quite enough for the title because its compatibility with tactics. Given right players, you will find often that in matchers your shots will be 18+ while opposition only has 1.

Additional Informations:

* Main skills needs to have minimum of 15 except special cases, secondary needs to have at leas 13, tertiary needs to be more than 10.

* At times of red card, you are recommended to remove your poacher first. At rare but possible occasion of two red card, you remove your central midfield. At even rarer occasion of three red cards, you pray to God and promise to be a good child. JK. Three red cards though extremely unlikely are possible especially when aggresion is high but tackling is low. Remove one of your pressing forward and put the remaining one in centre.

* If this tactics lacks the goals against defensive opponents, you might tweak it to have only one central back and put one into an attacking midfielder. You need to make the dfbs also marking players. This somehow improve the goal counts, but greatly reduce defensive capabilities. Be careful using it against strong opponents with 2 strikers as you will get destroyed. I accidentally using it at Champions League and get 4-1ed by Real Madrid.

If there is any change I will edit this thread.

Screenshot_2022-12-11-21-35-30-935_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Edited by marwahqr

I have been trying many tactics posted here but this has by far been the most successful tactic for me. 

I made 2 alterations. I changed the CM to a BWM which helps in stopping counter attacks and I changed the attacker role from poacher to complete forward, which will lead to more shooting opportunities.

this is my second season with this tactic. Last season went very well but this season I got the players that suit this tactic and I am literally crushing any opponent with Bradford city.

4FC0F730-B3EC-4A8D-86CB-B0EE62C60178.thumb.png.1c16f2da35ba897d4953babd33b8dd5f.png

3C61C7FB-9C26-4FA4-B520-298B9085CEBA.thumb.png.34d2b9a0960a6289aa1d9ce4af286723.png792DE097-3A3B-437D-9495-CCB9F7D0B50A.thumb.png.2ce11eabb47220597e9ee62d38147df9.png

the only draw I had thus far this season was against fc Porto where I won on penalties. To give you an idea how corona lockdown tactic looks like in such a match, please see picture below:

7CD41709-AE0F-4C95-AB9E-6D1BDB2655AF.thumb.png.55820b1d813931e4687dcdc192a399b1.png