Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Need help with a few things


TheWalking
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and to FMM23.
I have a few questions. 

1) I am looking for a universal tactic for teams from lower/weaker leagues(Polish Ekstraklasa, Polish I league). I found a few on this forum but they usually work badly or I'm doing something wrong idk. Or how to adjust the tactics to the team.

2) I'm also interested in how to make my own tactics for example for Lech Poznan from Polska Ekstraklasa, could someone help me?

3) How to influence the relationship between players? On the forum I see a lot of tactics where players have a lot of lines between them and in my teams there are no such relationships.

The game is very satisfying but it annoys me that my teams play randomly or I have an advantage throughout the game but at 80 min.+ I always lose a goal.


PS. Sorry for my English. It is not very good so the translator helped me.

 

Edited by TheWalking
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's very difficult to find or create a truly universal tactic. If you're really interested in using someone else's tactic, first I would line up your 11 best players in your current team, or the 11 that you'd like to play, and work out what formation would play to the strengths of those players. From there you can narrow down your search through the Tactics Index, based on your preferred formation, or a slight variant of it. Adjusting tactics to your team is important, and not something which you will be able to do successfully immediately, it will take time to adjust any particular tactic to your players, reputation and particular league, so be prepared to go through a couple of games at least after each adjustment, to see if it has a positive effect on your team.

 

If you would like to create your own tactic, I find it best to start with simplicity, pick your general formation, and decide on your style of play, and maybe take some advice or examples from other tactics to help build your style of play. You will notice a lot of the tactics can have similar styles of play, while there are certain options you almost never see being used. For example, Attacking is seen much more frequently than Counter or Contain, as it seems to be more effective in almost all tactical set-ups. You will see High defensive line used more often than Deep, as it allows you to play offside, and helps with a pressing style of play. This isn't to say that those options which you don't see very often can't be used, just that they may be not as effective. 

 

I believe that multiple positive performances, as well as mentoring have an effect on the relationships. These develop over time, and can change based on bad performances or negative mentoring relationships. There is a button on the bottom left of the field on the Tactics formation page which will show you relationships, it may be that this option is not selected for you, and could be why you aren't seeing any relationships, as usually even at the start of a game, I will see one or two already developed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2022 at 00:46, TheWalking said:

I have an advantage throughout the game but at 80 min.+ I always lose a goal.

A quick reply for this point … if you are trying to avoid conceding a goal, then you have a few choices.

One option is to have a more defensive formation, play direct balls to the flanks, get them to dribble forward (but don’t cross!) with lots of time wasting. 

But a second option is my preferred method is to ‘park the bus’ + ‘keep the ball’ … from ~70 mins onwards … how?

  • Change to a more defensive formation + mentality - my favorite is the 41410. The 1st aim is to prevent opposition chances - to prevent crosses from wide (using DWs or WMs) + prevent their through balls through the center.
  • If I still want a tiny attacking threat, or we are struggling to keep the ball, then maybe I’d change one DFB to an IWB, with a CM on that side changed to a B2B, but usually not.

FAFE4CAF-0FC3-4664-867F-54D612F5C80B.thumb.jpeg.154781a3f5fd4f26618ea3a19e5b77f7.jpeg

95F77905-DB73-42E3-B526-4445E1FFF5EA.thumb.jpeg.6bcccf957d125af8afe10a493e7c8557.jpeg

  • Be more cautious - don’t press high (it’s ok for the opposition DCs to have the ball!) + don’t concede free kicks outside your area. Of course time wasting is on 🙂 

50D4E9C3-9150-49F6-A75E-CF85897B48CA.thumb.jpeg.874749b4d23adbea53d9770f6aaea511.jpeg

  • Keep the ball - the opponents can’t score if you have the ball! I typically use short disciplined passing, which is quite effective in a midfield diamond 4 (DMC, 2xMC, AMC). You’ll notice I have no BPDs, RPs, nor APs - just defensively disciplined roles, who’ll keep the ball, stay in position, taking fewer risks.

89FEB6CE-A447-436E-8DAA-DB285B19CD53.thumb.jpeg.88cda7a3ffe5899de33a3f90ee7cd45c.jpeg 

I call this ‘sterile possession’ - is usually pretty effective for not conceding late goals.

Edited by DanEnglish
Link to comment
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

A quick reply for this point … if you are trying to avoid conceding a goal, then you have a few choices.

One option is to have a more defensive formation, play direct balls to the flanks, get them to dribble forward (but don’t cross!) with lots of time wasting. 

But a second option is my preferred method is to ‘park the bus’ + ‘keep the ball’ … from ~70 mins onwards … how?

  • Change to a more defensive formation + mentality - my favorite is the 41410. The 1st aim is to prevent opposition chances - to prevent crosses from wide (using DWs or WMs) + prevent their through balls through the center.
  • If I still want a tiny attacking threat, or we are struggling to keep the ball, then maybe I’d change one DFB to an IWB, with a CM on that side changed to a B2B, but usually not.

FAFE4CAF-0FC3-4664-867F-54D612F5C80B.thumb.jpeg.154781a3f5fd4f26618ea3a19e5b77f7.jpeg

95F77905-DB73-42E3-B526-4445E1FFF5EA.thumb.jpeg.6bcccf957d125af8afe10a493e7c8557.jpeg

  • Be more cautious - don’t press high (it’s ok for the opposition DCs to have the ball!) + don’t concede free kicks outside your area. Of course time wasting is on 🙂 

50D4E9C3-9150-49F6-A75E-CF85897B48CA.thumb.jpeg.874749b4d23adbea53d9770f6aaea511.jpeg

  • Keep the ball - the opponents can’t score if you have the ball! I typically use short disciplined passing, which is quite effective in a midfield diamond 4 (DMC, 2xMC, AMC). You’ll notice I have no BPDs, RPs, nor APs - just defensively disciplined roles, who’ll keep the ball, stay in position, taking fewer risks.

89FEB6CE-A447-436E-8DAA-DB285B19CD53.thumb.jpeg.88cda7a3ffe5899de33a3f90ee7cd45c.jpeg 
 

I call this ‘sterile possession’ - is usually pretty effective for not conceding late goals.

its nice tactic for defence but this tactic can score? or you changed in to this in game when you dont want to concede goals?  and what is main tactic? 

Edited by Legend288
Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legend288 said:

its nice tactic for defence but this tactic can score? or you changed in to this in game when you dont want to concede goals?  and what is main tactic? 

This is when you don’t want to concede (and don’t need to score!). For example - you are winning 1-0 after 70 mins. 

You probably won’t score another goal, but the aim is to stop the opposition scoring!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

This is when you don’t want to concede (and don’t need to score!). For example - you are winning 1-0 after 70 mins. 

You probably won’t score another goal, but the aim is to stop the opposition scoring!

thnx. can you share main tactic with wingers? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2022 at 04:47, DanEnglish said:

A quick reply for this point … if you are trying to avoid conceding a goal, then you have a few choices.

One option is to have a more defensive formation, play direct balls to the flanks, get them to dribble forward (but don’t cross!) with lots of time wasting. 

But a second option is my preferred method is to ‘park the bus’ + ‘keep the ball’ … from ~70 mins onwards … how?

  • Change to a more defensive formation + mentality - my favorite is the 41410. The 1st aim is to prevent opposition chances - to prevent crosses from wide (using DWs or WMs) + prevent their through balls through the center.
  • If I still want a tiny attacking threat, or we are struggling to keep the ball, then maybe I’d change one DFB to an IWB, with a CM on that side changed to a B2B, but usually not.

FAFE4CAF-0FC3-4664-867F-54D612F5C80B.thumb.jpeg.154781a3f5fd4f26618ea3a19e5b77f7.jpeg

95F77905-DB73-42E3-B526-4445E1FFF5EA.thumb.jpeg.6bcccf957d125af8afe10a493e7c8557.jpeg

  • Be more cautious - don’t press high (it’s ok for the opposition DCs to have the ball!) + don’t concede free kicks outside your area. Of course time wasting is on 🙂 

50D4E9C3-9150-49F6-A75E-CF85897B48CA.thumb.jpeg.874749b4d23adbea53d9770f6aaea511.jpeg

  • Keep the ball - the opponents can’t score if you have the ball! I typically use short disciplined passing, which is quite effective in a midfield diamond 4 (DMC, 2xMC, AMC). You’ll notice I have no BPDs, RPs, nor APs - just defensively disciplined roles, who’ll keep the ball, stay in position, taking fewer risks.

89FEB6CE-A447-436E-8DAA-DB285B19CD53.thumb.jpeg.88cda7a3ffe5899de33a3f90ee7cd45c.jpeg 
 

I call this ‘sterile possession’ - is usually pretty effective for not conceding late goals.

Please tell me which instructions you use (in the "Shape" section) - 
Team Mentality :
Width :
Tempo :
Creative Freedom : 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 14/12/2022 at 04:47, DanEnglish said:

A quick reply for this point … if you are trying to avoid conceding a goal, then you have a few choices.

One option is to have a more defensive formation, play direct balls to the flanks, get them to dribble forward (but don’t cross!) with lots of time wasting. 

But a second option is my preferred method is to ‘park the bus’ + ‘keep the ball’ … from ~70 mins onwards … how?

  • Change to a more defensive formation + mentality - my favorite is the 41410. The 1st aim is to prevent opposition chances - to prevent crosses from wide (using DWs or WMs) + prevent their through balls through the center.
  • If I still want a tiny attacking threat, or we are struggling to keep the ball, then maybe I’d change one DFB to an IWB, with a CM on that side changed to a B2B, but usually not.

FAFE4CAF-0FC3-4664-867F-54D612F5C80B.thumb.jpeg.154781a3f5fd4f26618ea3a19e5b77f7.jpeg

95F77905-DB73-42E3-B526-4445E1FFF5EA.thumb.jpeg.6bcccf957d125af8afe10a493e7c8557.jpeg

  • Be more cautious - don’t press high (it’s ok for the opposition DCs to have the ball!) + don’t concede free kicks outside your area. Of course time wasting is on 🙂 

50D4E9C3-9150-49F6-A75E-CF85897B48CA.thumb.jpeg.874749b4d23adbea53d9770f6aaea511.jpeg

  • Keep the ball - the opponents can’t score if you have the ball! I typically use short disciplined passing, which is quite effective in a midfield diamond 4 (DMC, 2xMC, AMC). You’ll notice I have no BPDs, RPs, nor APs - just defensively disciplined roles, who’ll keep the ball, stay in position, taking fewer risks.

89FEB6CE-A447-436E-8DAA-DB285B19CD53.thumb.jpeg.88cda7a3ffe5899de33a3f90ee7cd45c.jpeg 
 

I call this ‘sterile possession’ - is usually pretty effective for not conceding late goals.

If it makes sense to use man marking ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, till malkovich said:

If it makes sense to use man marking ?

Great question. I have no idea / I don’t know. I don’t use man marking - but maybe I should! 🤔 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...