Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Challenges Open challenge: A DT double 2kc

Rob

Last year I didn’t think a 3kc was possible…

Spoiler

…but then a bunch of rascals on here only went and did it. So I thought to myself, ‘why not make this a yearly thing and set a different unachievable target each time?’

I know a bunch of you can’t resist it!

Anyway, this year my open challenge is this:

- Play a DT (double trouble) formation. This is a formation with two strikers AT ALL TIMES. No switching to single striker tactics if a player is injured;

- Each striker must get a 2kc;

- International football can, and will most likely need to, form part of the goals. If you do include international, then both players must be of the same nationality and only goals under your international management count;

- International management must be applied for and achieved during the save and NOT selected as part of game setup;

- Once either player retires the challenge ends;

- Please don’t use any of the ‘sell a player for a gazillion pounds’ transfer or ‘make all good youngsters free’ glitches. By all means use the corner routine, etc, but nothing that feels too ‘cheaty’

Anyone think they can do it? If anyone already has, great, but I’m only really counting from the 2023 version onwards.

Thanks for reading and hopefully someone bites!

Edited by Rob
4 hours ago, MikeF said:

Just as I was looking for my next challenge.

Let’s have a look at my old DT formations and see if they work still. 

2 hours ago, Dai_ said:

I'm fully interested in this!

Unfortunately it's going to have to wait until my current long-winded challenge is over.

Hopefully you both give it a go. You both smash out top scores all the time so it gives me hope!

Edited by Rob
1 hour ago, fRESH said:

This could be intresting. Need to take quick look if there is actual change to this. 

I think it should be possible with the right players, ITN, and extending retirement 

Damn, you went and did it!

Not sure if I'm going to fall for it this year! At the rate I'm playing it would take me 9 months to finish. If it's even possible (not sure). But I guess you never know...

10 hours ago, Scratch said:

Damn, you went and did it!

Not sure if I'm going to fall for it this year! At the rate I'm playing it would take me 9 months to finish. If it's even possible (not sure). But I guess you never know...

You’ll be sucked in….

1 hour ago, deepheat83 said:

Count me in

Oooohhh good luck 

1 hour ago, Woody said:

You crazy, crazy man. Id be happy to just achieve a 1k this year 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’ve no doubt you’ll come up with a new Woodpecker tactic that’ll smash it.

added 0 minutes later

For info for all:

Just to clarify one thing, once one player retires the challenge ends. 

Edited by Rob
1 hour ago, Rob said:

For info for all:

Just to clarify one thing, once one player retires the challenge ends. 

Thats a kick in the nuts....🤣🤣🤣

24 minutes ago, Woody said:

Thats a kick in the nuts....🤣🤣🤣

If there's one thing Rob loves, it's giving us all a good kick in the nuts... 

I need this like I need puke flavoured beer, but he has me thinking about it... He will ruin my life for sure. My grave will read "Would still be alive if he didn't fall for Rob's traps" (and someone will probably scratch "Waiting for AM23" on it too). And Rob will be sitting back laughing into his beer at it all... 🤣

3 minutes ago, P.Rahul said:

2k goals for each striker is very difficult..i dont think any one can complete this challange.

Yeah, I'm not sure it can be done either. We'd be talking 20 seasons of 100 goals each. Could well be impossible. Not quite willing to admit that yet though.

Problem is last year @Rob challenged people to reach 3K goals and some succeeded. This year it's 4K goals, so if anyone make it we know what's coming next year don't we? And sooner or later it will be impossible...

5 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, I'm not sure it can be done either. We'd be talking 20 seasons of 100 goals each. Could well be impossible. Not quite willing to admit that yet though.

Problem is last year @Rob challenged people to reach 3K goals and some succeeded. This year it's 4K goals, so if anyone make it we know what's coming next year don't we? And sooner or later it will be impossible...

4K with the slight nerf to corner trick too. That was responsible for a lot of goals in these challenges!

Either way, I’ll see what I can do. It won’t be 4K though…

4 minutes ago, Scratch said:

200 goals for 20 season..

4 minutes ago, MikeF said:

4K with the slight nerf to corner trick too. That was responsible for a lot of goals in these challenges!

Either way, I’ll see what I can do. It won’t be 4K though…

Really 3K (1.5K each) would be plenty!

7 minutes ago, P.Rahul said:

200 goals for 20 season..

Yeah, but 100 goals per player per season. I can get one player to 100 goals, but two? Hmm... not likely...

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, but 100 goals per player per season. I can get one player to 100 goals, but two? Hmm... not likely...

For someone who scored over 170 goals with a single player, that’s quite a humbled response 🤣

Just now, Scratch said:

Thats why i said very difficult beacause you can score but  maintaining for almost 20 season its difficult .

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Some people on here have players that never get injured so it might be possible. 

My current challenge is one of Rob's creations. He challenged me to it last year but I didn't get around to completing it but I'm determined this time.

Well, I was planning to do a standard DT run after I finished my current TT attempt, may as well go for the big'un or die trying.

Might already have a formation or two that could work, but we'll just have to see when / if the time comes =P

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

It’s more likely to see broodje kip completing a career than this :D 

That sounds like a good poll! 😜

Good luck to anyone trying this 🤞

I did read a headline today: Glasgow Chotel does deal with French Telcho to provide 4K streaming...

Not quite sure I believe it (and what's with those obvious spelling mistakes), but maybe it's related somehow? These sort of deals do often fall through though. 

20 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I did read a headline today: Glasgow Chotel does deal with French Telcho to provide 4K streaming...

Not quite sure I believe it (and what's with those obvious spelling mistakes), but maybe it's related somehow? These sort of deals do often fall through though. 

🙄😲