Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Les Bleus Chotel [Season 5]

Scratch

16 hours ago, StuartM said:

This is a serious effort 👏

I really should take mentoring more seriously... great detail on your approach. Thanks!

Thanks!

Yeah, mentoring can be great, if you have the right mentor. Not all of them will pass their hidden attributes on almost every time like Quags does. I use him, because he does normally pass it on, and he has 20 for Professionalism and Determination and 19 for Work Rate, so that is great stuff for your players to inherit.

I've hit the limit though this time around. Above I said that both lads were back with Quags, but shortly after that I noticed the red line in the mentoring screen for both and the messages about thinking they could progress faster etc. If it was nearer the end I might have persisted, but because they hadn't been with him long, I ended it and sent Quags packing...

In other saves I gotten a lot more. I think with Tezgel I got 3 personality upgrades from Quags and 2 full runs with Carrillo, whereas here it's more like 2 personality upgrades and 1 full run with Carrillo. I THINK the reason is just down to Tezgel having much lower CA at the start than Cho and Tel, so he was in awe of the mentors for longer. 

12 hours ago, MikeF said:

Great start, slow down a bit please ;) 

Thanks! I'll see what I can do about slowing the lads down, but they are out of the gate and racing away now...

12 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Great start mate and quite a detailed write-up.

9 hours ago, Rob said:

Great start; wonderful write-up. 

Thanks Fellas! I've fallen out of love with the write up in recent years, but really wanted to go a bit deeper about how I do things this time around. Not sure how long it will last, but at least I've started out that way...

16 hours ago, MikeF said:

Great start, slow down a bit please ;) 

Look, I sat them down and had a talk to them both before the first game and told them to just slow it down a little. I think Tel was listening, but Cho clearly wasn't:

image.png.8b6f1bc89d40c969090a58dad1d9522d.png

I'll have to drop him for the next game...

1 hour ago, MikeF said:

A 2 week fine will suffice.

Well I had a stern word with him and it worked for the next game, but he soon forgot everything we talked about:

image.png.8461a496d4061ff82f3e65cec2799375.png

15 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Well I had a stern word with him and it worked for the next game, but he soon forgot everything we talked about:

image.png.8461a496d4061ff82f3e65cec2799375.png

Jeez, that's some impressive goalscoring. I can barely get my strikers to score more than 2 in one game xD

2 hours ago, BakaSotong said:

Jeez, that's some impressive goalscoring. I can barely get my strikers to score more than 2 in one game xD

Agree on this. The best I’ve had is with Musiala in FM21 I think

10 hours ago, BakaSotong said:

8 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Agree on this. The best I’ve had is with Musiala in FM21 I think

Yeah, pretty happy with that with two players on the pitch. I've had crazy form like that with single striker tactics, but not for two. Of course Tel has only scored 4 in 4 while that's happening.

But my team is coming into their own now, leveling up to the point that the opposition (in Scotland) will just fall before them now, so there will probably be more goals on the cards. Maybe not like that though, that sort of form typically comes at the start of the year while the strikers are fresh.

Mini-update time!

First news - Tel got a 3 week injury: 

image.png.f7f986a2ba1a2fb21daf9ae6144d777e.png

Next - we have got our shit together and are really flying now (note last year we finished bottom of the group with 1 point):

image.png.df685bd71407391b3d680d8268ec6ba8.png

image.png.d7c1a940435801f8db773b568bcb9e7e.png

Third - we may have a balance problem!

image.png.07a81944d9fb5d53476e47b1bfaa572a.png

On 19/01/2023 at 19:27, Scratch said:

image.png.0c6a89f7786b8600b970ed15a49f5398.png

image.png.a7abe6c49e659a343d974bc1b1758ab1.png

Is this still the formation you're playing, Scratch? If so, it explains why Cho is getting big numbers. Lots of support behind him.

Tel is an interesting one .. you would expect him to be on the receiving end of the winger's crosses but both his goals and assists are "too low" for that. Is he somewhat isolated? Will it help bringing him down a line closer to the AMs and assign SS role? Or push left and become an IF so he can run towards goal? (tho IFs have been underperforming) surely there's a way to increase his tally without taking away too much from Cho.

4 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Is this still the formation you're playing, Scratch? If so, it explains why Cho is getting big numbers. Lots of support behind him.

Tel is an interesting one .. you would expect him to be on the receiving end of the winger's crosses but both his goals and assists are "too low" for that. Is he somewhat isolated? Will it help bringing him down a line closer to the AMs and assign SS role? Or push left and become an IF so he can run towards goal? (tho IFs have been underperforming) surely there's a way to increase his tally without taking away too much from Cho.

So... Yes and no. It's still the same tactic, with some instructions tweaks (turned on Fast and Wide now the team is better) AND the P has become a second TF. But the biggest change is they have switched sides, so Cho is the left TF and Tel the right TF.

I primarily switched sides because the left TF is the corner scorer and Cho is better in the air at the moment. That's giving him some 'bonus' goals, but Tel is on Pens and Free Kicks (the two central areas outside the box), so that should even it up. 

Cho is definitely getting goals from crosses, so that parts working. It might just be that Cho is a little better so the chances are going to him right now. Judging by the increases after games, Tel has more development to come (his little jumps are bigger than Cho's who has slowed down now), so I'm hoping it will even out without anything too drastic needed. Also Tel took quite a while to get into his rhythm after being out injured, and has done better in the last few games.

Anyway, I'm watching it to see if I need to do anything. If I do, I'll play with the roles (maybe back to P? but not SS as following DT rules and must have 2 upfront). If worst comes to worst, then I will just switch them and give him the corners too. But not too worried about it yet. 

Actually I just checked and last time I did a DT (admittedly a few years back now), they flipped and flopped around in terms of who was getting the most goals:

image.png.bcfc7cc78b62cd50f0558d4143aa106a.png

So, should be fine. 🤞

23 minutes ago, Rob said:

Always love a Scratch clip. Shame it didn’t have your dulcet tones overlaying it.

2 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

No Scratch commentary??

Onlyfans.com/scratch... 

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

So... Yes and no. It's still the same tactic, with some instructions tweaks (turned on Fast and Wide now the team is better) AND the P has become a second TF. But the biggest change is they have switched sides, so Cho is the left TF and Tel the right TF.

I primarily switched sides because the left TF is the corner scorer and Cho is better in the air at the moment. That's giving him some 'bonus' goals, but Tel is on Pens and Free Kicks (the two central areas outside the box), so that should even it up. 

Cho is definitely getting goals from crosses, so that parts working. It might just be that Cho is a little better so the chances are going to him right now. Judging by the increases after games, Tel has more development to come (his little jumps are bigger than Cho's who has slowed down now), so I'm hoping it will even out without anything too drastic needed. Also Tel took quite a while to get into his rhythm after being out injured, and has done better in the last few games.

Anyway, I'm watching it to see if I need to do anything. If I do, I'll play with the roles (maybe back to P? but not SS as following DT rules and must have 2 upfront). If worst comes to worst, then I will just switch them and give him the corners too. But not too worried about it yet. 

Actually I just checked and last time I did a DT (admittedly a few years back now), they flipped and flopped around in terms of who was getting the most goals:

image.png.bcfc7cc78b62cd50f0558d4143aa106a.png

So, should be fine. 🤞

How many corner goals you score?great job as always btw

2 minutes ago, fotakis276718 said:

How many corner goals you score?great job as always btw

At the moment maybe 1 every couple of games. It was less (maybe 1 every 3 to 4 games), but Cho is up to 18 Aerial and the main corner taker has 18 Crossing. 

Edit: nowhere near as good as before, but still getting some goals

Edited by Scratch
1 minute ago, Scratch said:

At the moment maybe 1 every couple of games. It was less (maybe 1 every 3 to 4 games), but Cho is up to 18 Aerial and the main corner taker has 18 Crossing. 

Edit: nowhere near as good as before, but still getting some goals

I'm the one that loves the corner "hack" not for getting goals and wins trophies but for the fun of the game... because always is a game and not reality..if we want reality we have to study and be real coaches of football..anyway i think corner hack is part of history now and we have to play the old versions to have it again..

Think this player looks good?

image.png.9c964c1861ddefea4d7d43827a3b9605.png

NOPE! Hardly any development left, never gonna get to 20 Crossing, don't let the door hit you on the way out son...

Now to ring up my regen broker...

18 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Think this player looks good?

image.png.9c964c1861ddefea4d7d43827a3b9605.png

NOPE! Hardly any development left, never gonna get to 20 Crossing, don't let the door hit you on the way out son...

Now to ring up my regen broker...

South America's calling... :3

Edited by BakaSotong
2 minutes ago, BakaSotong said:

South America's calling you... :3

I go where the RWs gather...

In this case, I will probably sign one from South America (but Peru rather than the countries you are thinking of) and one from France (trying to get some decent French players for when I eventually get the ITN job). 

1 minute ago, Scratch said:

I go where the RWs gather...

In this case, I will probably sign one from South America (but Peru rather than the countries you are thinking of) and one from France (trying to get some decent French players for when I eventually get the ITN job). 

Ooh, Peru! Yeah, was thinking more along the lines of Brazil or Argentina, but I've seen them produce some decent wonderkids. 

Speaking of wingers, what stats do you look out for when you're hunting one? I'm looking mostly at Crossing, Decisions, Movement & Pace, though Dribbling & Passing is nice to have as well.