Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Les Bleus Chotel [Season 5]

Scratch

35 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Went from 42 to 99. Only Scratch can do that.

Also went from 45 to 36... 🤣

But yeah, I am following the same formula I always do, Aerial + Crossing, aggressive formation (only 1 cb), get As for Professsionalism, Work Rate, Determination, abuse mentorship, buy and develop wonderkids, throw away the good ones, keep the great ones, keep morale up, rinse and repeat. 

Next season? Get at least 150 between them, hopefully 180... Really need to get to 200, but can't see that yet.

7 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Also went from 45 to 36... 🤣

But yeah, I am following the same formula I always do, Aerial + Crossing, aggressive formation (only 1 cb), get As for Professsionalism, Work Rate, Determination, abuse mentorship, buy and develop wonderkids, throw away the good ones, keep the great ones, keep morale up, rinse and repeat. 

Next season? Get at least 150 between them, hopefully 180... Really need to get to 200, but can't see that yet.

Still a good no. Of goals .. u have scored , need 20 more seasons from here .. and which hidden attribute is required most for scoring more goals .my player very rarely get professionalism by mentor, determination is what my players get the most, work rate improves by fine them but professionalism i never get easily.. Although whenever i take down determination rating to D or E than  usually mentor passes his professionalism even in 1st attempt.

10 hours ago, Scratch said:

Update - Season 2

Another season in the bag and we were hoping for a big step up. 

Transfers

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.f7b66a232941afd4c0d036b7ad3417b0.png

image.png.e50618d5895bce08d44f294f365d2f54.png

image.png.3bd5ec79405ef0f00d36634271108f17.png

image.png.639abdcfca2e2ec910019444b18bd9bf.png

image.png.0d55f2f6d03ed402dda2ae093ea8a69f.png

Before the season started we sold a couple of players who were on the outer or headed that way (Juranovic and Carter-Vickers), got rid of a bunch of average players that came back from loans and released a lot of youngsters. We brought in some quality players (and old favourites), such as Netz and Asprilla, and picked up a couple of wonderkids and some free agents.

In January, we made two big sales: Nakai, who was good, but scored too many goals for my liking, and Maswanhise for much the same reason. Nakai was replaced by Zaire-Emery who looks good and has the added benefit of being French (useful if I get the ITN job). Maswanhise was already 3rd choice, so we brought in two wonderkids to fight for that role. 

Tactics

We are still using the 1 2 3 2 2 async format posted previously, but as mentioned above, I am considering moving to a LW.  I'll probably experiment with it next season - but this season we stuck to the tactic.

I did turn on Fast and Wide as the players got better:

• Fast to get the ball moving on quickly, which hopefully our opponents won't be able to cope with
  • Wide to push the defenders wider and create more space for play through the middle.

Working well for now, but will continue to play with the instructions as we move forward.

I've also been retraining some midfielders as strikers, so I can use them as PFs next to Cho or Tel if one of them is injured or tired. As you know, a two striker formation must be used at all times, but if one of the lads can't play, I don't want another true striker coming in and scoring a bunch! Instead, I want a midfielder to harass the defenders and create opportunities for the main striker. Harper has retrained well, but some of the others didn't, so I gave up and moved to some others (looks like Sancet will retrain).

Results

Once again we won everything domestically, getting 139 goals in the league (great, but we need more!):

image.png.b7a28472c49ea5a11fe2a330f3c3b1bd.png

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.7d30e57272a131ad024ed38ba4c667fe.png

image.png.40c6dafdf841b2e14c9ab0e8171248e1.png

image.png.4f3a8c06b552dc5ad838647ea8060c5b.png

In Europe, we turned around last year's disappointing effort (only one point in the group stage) and topped the group:

image.png.8954618c2c3d636bb8af07a0047af4ca.png

But at the next stage we had to rest both Cho and Tel in the first leg and Inter destroyed us 4-0. We brought them back for the 2nd leg and dominated, despite having only 10 men for most of the game, but couldn't quite get the late equaliser we needed:

image.png.442cfa66caef7ca22d329c382fbafbda.png

Next year I will be expecting to go much deeper.

Development

As mentioned before, all mentoring has now finished because the guys are too good and get upset with having to listen to anyone. I tried to get Tel lined up with Butzke mid season to help with Aerial, but that didn't last long or go anywhere. 

Anyway, the guys progressed steadily throughout the season and now look like this:

image.png.a138056b9eddd3cfe3a0fd4f9c628a65.png 

image.png.36067538c55a23b86e5d51129944167f.png

Looking pretty nice, still a little more to come.

Injuries

Training is on Low Intensity to reduce the risk of training injuries and both players are very rarely injured - but we did have an injury this year (Tel out for 3 weeks):

image.png.b6bb65363fa4c852fb9f503a6e6490fb.png

Goals

A glorious season for Cho, who dominated the defenses and is already at the level needed to get 2K over 20 or so years:

image.png.7de5fff44c5a66cd16def303bf639922.png

But, it's another story for Tel, who was slow and sluggish to come back from the injury and struggled with becoming jaded throughout the year:

image.png.824305b680e1df3865371752d71ef2ac.png

Fairly disappointing to be honest, but he'll come back stronger next year.

Targets

Season Cho Tel
01 42 45
02 99 36
Total 141/2000 81/2000

Thoughts on the Future

There's still plenty of time left to even things up, but I will want to see more from Tel next year. 

Apart from that, we'll want to really take our squad to the next level. The first round of singings are doing well, but now we'll look to find young wonderkid regens and mold them into next level players who will make us truly world class. 

Thanks for reading!

Tel may not have performed, but 99 from Cho in just your 2nd season is absolutely bonkers. Keep it up mate! 

50 minutes ago, P.Rahul said:

Still a good no. Of goals .. u have scored , need 20 more seasons from here .. and which hidden attribute is required most for scoring more goals .my player very rarely get professionalism by mentor, determination is what my players get the most, work rate improves by fine them but professionalism i never get easily.. Although whenever i take down determination rating to D or E than  usually mentor passes his professionalism even in 1st attempt.

It's really hard to tell which attribute is more important because they all overlap, and we don't have any hard evidence.

Professionalism is great for making sure players are up for games, rather than not fancying playing a small team or in a small competition. Determination makes sure they don't give up if the game is going badly, or its a hard game or they need to fight back from injury. Work rate means they run more in the game, train harder etc.

I'm just guessing with all of that, I have seen Marc Vaughan talk about some of it but some of it is just straight up guessing.

I'm not sure how it decides which attribute to pass on, maybe it's just random, maybe some players are more likely to pass on their better ones? It's a mystery to me. I do tend to get Professionalism a reasonable amount, but it can be anything. I think Ambition is the one I like least! Although that can help in some ways apparently - Marc has specifically talked about that one, they will be more likely to want to move to a big club, but they will also be more likely to want to win with your current club and will do everything they can to succeed.

added 0 minutes later
54 minutes ago, BakaSotong said:

Tel may not have performed, but 99 from Cho in just your 2nd season is absolutely bonkers. Keep it up mate! 

Haha, thanks, we'll see how it goes...

So determination and work rate is must for the players i will focus on getting both from next save .. thanks for detailed info about hidden attributes .. 

1 hour ago, P.Rahul said:

So determination and work rate is must for the players i will focus on getting both from next save .. thanks for detailed info about hidden attributes .. 

731ED885-B4D6-454A-82AE-03E2B782BF5D.thumb.png.fbaeb14938ce95ae34e281e88d2f614b.png

Meanwhile me 🤣

57 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

731ED885-B4D6-454A-82AE-03E2B782BF5D.thumb.png.fbaeb14938ce95ae34e281e88d2f614b.png

Meanwhile me 🤣

🤣🤣 If u dont bother about work rate than try Elliott as mentor u can easily Increase Aerial attribute by +9 at the end of the season.

7 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Meanwhile me 🤣

Too late now, but Quags in the first season would have a good chance of setting him straight...

Well what do you know...

image.png.7bcbd9c2699e7beab41bde1f59f34a32.png

For the record, I was appointed on 10 July 2024:

image.png.1fe4b1237a470dda15c8443d86e8388d.png

And here are screenshots from a week later showing that neither player has any full ITN caps / goals at that point, meaning all ITN goals will be scored under my management (until I get sacked at least!). 

image.png.b9d80088eae02b651078d15d08e7a442.png

image.png.08a858a40e16ce273a4c11fda8610fb1.png

45 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Well what do you know...

image.png.7bcbd9c2699e7beab41bde1f59f34a32.png

For the record, I was appointed on 10 July 2024:

image.png.1fe4b1237a470dda15c8443d86e8388d.png

And here are screenshots from a week later showing that neither player has any full ITN caps / goals at that point, meaning all ITN goals will be scored under my management (until I get sacked at least!). 

image.png.b9d80088eae02b651078d15d08e7a442.png

image.png.08a858a40e16ce273a4c11fda8610fb1.png

Where??? U put players Development screen shot not players stats !! 

17 minutes ago, P.Rahul said:

Bro you can’t be blind can you? 😭

It’s literally under their age showing neither played for the senior team.

23 minutes ago, P.Rahul said:

Yep, like @broodje kip says, you see it on that screen. At the moment it only has U21 caps and goals, but shortly that will be replaced by full caps and goals. 

The best way to count ITN goals is to compare changes to that screen. Not sure about these days, but in older versions the stats screen didn't include every game.

Hmm, I just checked - I think in the past the stats screen didn't include ITN friendlies, but it looks like it does now? So maybe you can use that screen to report on how many ITN goals this season after all (friendlies do count for ITN, unlike for club). However it only has ITN for this season, not the ITN total, so is no use for proving they've never scored an ITN goal before. 

57 minutes ago, Scratch said:

but shortly that will be replaced by full caps and goals. 

Not so fast there. In my save Cho's playing for England. He clearly made use of his other nationality. Hope he does the same here and you miss out 😁

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Not so fast there. In my save Cho's playing for England. He clearly made use of his other nationality. Hope he does the same here and you miss out 😁

That would mess up our chances of reaching the target, and more importantly the name of this career... I hope he's not that inconsiderate...

Well we will just have to wait and see how it turns out I guess!

27 minutes ago, Scratch said:

That would mess up our chances of reaching the target, and more importantly the name of this career... I hope he's not that inconsiderate...

Cho never played for England in my save. I just enjoy telling people what they don't want to hear 👍

10 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Cho never played for England in my save. I just enjoy telling people what they don't want to hear 👍

Lol, I wasn't too worried as he's already score 6 goals from 3 games ... for Les Bleus of course!

I haven't tried ITN management for years now. In the current version you can arrange friendlies of course, which you never used to be able to do. I'm taking full advantage of that feature:

image.png.6e9bc636f324b4a51f8eebfd80d6693d.png

Of course squeezing ITN friendlies in around the existing schedule is tough and it generally means the lads miss a club game as a result, in this case a game against St Mirren: 

image.png.c455d40dbeb4d0b0fc030a9849a6b610.png

I'm not sure if I will keep doing this, as I'm not sure it will lead to any extra goals overall (Germany is weak for eg, but so are St Mirren), and I find keeping the lads fresh is an important part of a goal scoring career, but it's an interesting thing to play with. 

You could also do that in FMM22, and I ended up with the same problem during my 1k. More ITN means more fixtures in an already tight schedule...

6 hours ago, Scratch said:

I haven't tried ITN management for years now. In the current version you can arrange friendlies of course, which you never used to be able to do. I'm taking full advantage of that feature:

image.png.6e9bc636f324b4a51f8eebfd80d6693d.png

Of course squeezing ITN friendlies in around the existing schedule is tough and it generally means the lads miss a club game as a result, in this case a game against St Mirren: 

image.png.c455d40dbeb4d0b0fc030a9849a6b610.png

I'm not sure if I will keep doing this, as I'm not sure it will lead to any extra goals overall (Germany is weak for eg, but so are St Mirren), and I find keeping the lads fresh is an important part of a goal scoring career, but it's an interesting thing to play with. 

Cheat ;) 

8 hours ago, Gonzolito said:

You could also do that in FMM22, and I ended up with the same problem during my 1k. More ITN means more fixtures in an already tight schedule...

Yeah, I knew it was there last year, but have skipped ITN for about 3 or 4 years, so never used it. I think I will probably not use it much because it's making my lads tired. And it not like we're not getting goals in our normal ITN games, eg:

image.png.8124b8d76e244efc2255aa202a1eba19.png

4 hours ago, Rob said:

Germany are unbelievably terrible.

So are Croatia it seems! See above...

2 hours ago, MikeF said:

Cheat ;) 

LoL, if the game lets you organise friendlies, you're sort of honour bound to organise friendlies for your team to maximise their chances of being succesful!

I can see it being used a bit cynically, but at least for me at the moment, the main benefit is more games and that can actually be a curse as well... The lads had been flagging and only getting a goal per game, but then I gave them 2 weeks off (missed a coupe of club games and 1 ITN game). Then I brought them back a little bit fresher. The result? The 10-0 win against Croatia above. 

In terms of goals, I'm getting about the same in friendlies as a I am in competitive games. The occasional massive win, but mostly results like 3-1 or something.

6 hours ago, P.Rahul said:

Now tel is over taking cho !! 2 goals per game .. 

He was, but they both slowed down and now they are about equal for this season. We'll have to see how it pans out, not worried yet, but looks like Tel might need some help at some point (maybe make him the corner target, or make him TF and get Cho to play PF as support or something).

6 hours ago, Scratch said:

He was, but they both slowed down and now they are about equal for this season. We'll have to see how it pans out, not worried yet, but looks like Tel might need some help at some point (maybe make him the corner target, or make him TF and get Cho to play PF as support or something).

That happened to me too strikers slowing down .. ur Strikers slowing down and my striker STOPED scoring for 3-4 matches and even more 😥and Winger midfielders starts scoring more goals. goals per game remian same but only striker not scoring goals .

I can not able use striker as TF and whenever i used 2 striker i used AF DLF and Run at defence consume so much stamina of players and whenever i use runs at defence players getting injured to frequently.  whenever i use TF role for striker i has to sub him off at half time only and max 50 minutes..any suggestions. 

1 hour ago, P.Rahul said:

That happened to me too strikers slowing down .. ur Strikers slowing down and my striker STOPED scoring for 3-4 matches and even more 😥and Winger midfielders starts scoring more goals. goals per game remian same but only striker not scoring goals .

I can not able use striker as TF and whenever i used 2 striker i used AF DLF and Run at defence consume so much stamina of players and whenever i use runs at defence players getting injured to frequently.  whenever i use TF role for striker i has to sub him off at half time only and max 50 minutes..any suggestions. 

I find if I give them a couple of weeks off they come back fresher and scoring a lot more. Of course you have to balance the time off with the extra goals. Is is better to have 1, 2, 1, 1, 1 or 0, 0, 0, 3, 3? Also, giving them time off often works for me, but not always. Form comes into it too. Once they get on a good run (or a bad run) they can stay on that run for a while.

I generally pull my strikers off before they get down to 80% and sometimes I train their stamina to bring that up a bit, and I give them a game off when they get the Slightly Tired message (if you keep playing them, they will get jaded and tire more quickly and need a longer rest). But there is no way around it that young players will get worn out. They get much better as they age. 

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

I find if I give them a couple of weeks off they come back fresher and scoring a lot more. Of course you have to balance the time off with the extra goals. Is is better to have 1, 2, 1, 1, 1 or 0, 0, 0, 3, 3? Also, giving them time off often works for me, but not always. Form comes into it too. Once they get on a good run (or a bad run) they can stay on that run for a while.

I generally pull my strikers off before they get down to 80% and sometimes I train their stamina to bring that up a bit, and I give them a game off when they get the Slightly Tired message (if you keep playing them, they will get jaded and tire more quickly and need a longer rest). But there is no way around it that young players will get worn out. They get much better as they age. 

I rest young Strikers in CL and Cup games in Epl and in Scotland i rest young strikers in CL when i managed Celtic in 1st Season.my young Strikers not able to score in CL so there is no point to play them in CL .