Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Les Bleus Chotel [Season 5]

Scratch

3 hours ago, P.Rahul said:

my young Strikers not able to score in CL so there is no point to play them in CL .

Actually they can score by playing in the CL but that’s not what I want to say.

Playing young strikers in the CL is actually a good thing especially those with lower CA. They gain high level experience which helps them to develop quicker in their early years.

2 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Actually they can score by playing in the CL but that’s not what I want to say.

Playing young strikers in the CL is actually a good thing especially those with lower CA. They gain high level experience which helps them to develop quicker in their early years.

🤣🤣 High risk of injury also in CL matches because playing Against top quality players strong players .. yes if i play in tough leagues like Spain England italy germany i might be think of playing them in CL in very 1st season Scottish league is way to easy standard is not same as other tough leagues so i avoid CL in 1st season whenever i manage Celtic.

Edited by P.Rahul
7 hours ago, P.Rahul said:

🤣🤣 High risk of injury also in CL matches because playing Against top quality players strong players .. yes if i play in tough leagues like Spain England italy germany i might be think of playing them in CL in very 1st season Scottish league is way to easy standard is not same as other tough leagues so i avoid CL in 1st season whenever i manage Celtic.

That’s so wrong though. Unless you play your striker above 80 minutes, then it might be true that injury risk is high. If you don’t, it’s almost the same as playing normal league games. The Celtic squad is also strong enough to get into the round of 16 or even quater final if you ask me. It’s still worth going in the competition considering you get more money from reaching further in it too.

@broodje kip @P.Rahul - I tend to play youngsters in the UCL some of the time. 

In the perfect world I would play them in the UCL all the time, because they level up quicker as Broodjie The Kip says. 

But in the real world, if they are tired and I need to rest them, I might leave them out of the CL game. They are more likely to score in Scotland, which might actually level them up quicker than not scoring in the UCL. It might also mean we are more likely to win the UCL games - for eg if the player is a young striker, playing an older, better right now, striker might get us the result.

As the players develop, I'm more likely to play them in the UCL and rest them in an SPL game - 2 goals in the UCL will level them up quicker that 4 in Scotland. And as their development slows down, UCL games can be crucial in getting them to level up in the weaker leagues. 

I've never noticed any increased risk of injury in the UCL game themselves, beyond just overplaying them. 

So basically, I want to play them in the UCL, but might sacrifice that when they are young and need a rest.

5 hours ago, broodje kip said:

That’s so wrong though. Unless you play your striker above 80 minutes, then it might be true that injury risk is high. If you don’t, it’s almost the same as playing normal league games. The Celtic squad is also strong enough to get into the round of 16 or even quater final if you ask me. It’s still worth going in the competition considering you get more money from reaching further in it too.

That depend on group stage what group do you have got most of the time i face Liverpool and barcelona some time chelsea milan how you get to round of 16 is totally dependent on group you get and still what ever you do you r not going to win UCL in 1st season with Celtic unless and until u play best strikers most of us doesn't have best strikers of the game in 1st season. all off us have some 30+ mentors of our main young Strikers so its impossible to win UCL with them.

To chip in here too, agree. Ideally they'd play every match but you need to manage fitness so if its the choice between playing them vs Killie or PSG, i'm resting them for PSG every time.

Right from the off I play them in every game. No exceptions. They get taken off after 60 minutes for me no matter who the opposition is. Maybe, that's a mistake but it's done me well enough so far in challenges I have attempted.

Update - Season 3

Season 3 and I'm still here! I won't repeat the screenshots, but over the off season, France gave me the ITN job and neither of the lads had had a full cap (or goal) yet. That'll change pretty fast!

First though...

Tactics

This season I switched the AM to a LW and turned the LWB into an IWB, giving us this:

image.png.f41e129d9f15f5e405d5eaea534bdb2b.png

The idea was to encourage more crosses to our Aerially strong forwards. It's very hard to know if it worked or not.

Spoiler alert: this year saw an increase in the number of goals scored, but whether it was related to this is anyone's guess. The increase feels like what we should have got from the team leveling up rather than any jump related to a next level tactic. So maybe it's about the same. 

I may end up experimenting some more, but I'll probably stick with it for now.

Transfers

Spoiler

image.png.475cc785d35d184d1e9ad05afee292d6.png

image.png.7edb3fdccc7d35c5a977abbff8e8e2b5.png

image.png.8303f0dcafc4b70b3ec970251a6a7658.png

We shifted out a lot of fringe players (including those who weren't fringe up until the start of this year). Our captain MacGregor went because the youngsters would push him out of the team this year, Rosas went because he kept looking after himself in games (a message that he was prioritising avoiding injury) and a bunch of other decent players left.

Coming in were some youngsters who may or may not make it. Half of them were French, as we want the next generation of French stars at our club so I can influence their morale etc.

Results

A fantastic season, winning everything!

image.png.ee105023b600aa142d78886c7309645f.png

We're now strong enough to beat pretty much everyone, topping the ginormous UCL group and then beating Manchester City 2-0 in the final, as well as crushing all domestic opposition (and scoring 144 goals in the league). 

Spoiler

image.png.5e088b358e757c340b34869f3a023eed.png

image.png.8851922658d83c63f5366ee08b64db69.png

image.png.49781834833f7f305f6dbfae65960ad5.png

image.png.4f349f4b98440ef073f41fe354a30151.png

image.png.66ce17aa2d4c27f12db4778ca92b55e5.png

Development

No injuries this year, thanks to good genes (very rarely injured) and good management (low intensity training, resting them a lot, subbing them off early). I will say I played them in a lot more games this year, maybe too many (they lost some freshness), but I always subbed them off early.

Anyway, the lads looked like this at the end of the year:

image.png.eb08722fce15dcb48a82af081e585a16.png

image.png.a87ae670f15ddc803b83bc72766721ae.png

Looking great, especially Cho, and they are both edging forwards, so not finished yet.

Goals

Cho was magnificent with 75 goals in 53 games at club level and 31 goals in 15 games at ITN level, giving him a total of 106 goals.

image.png.46712023710d94cd2e6eadcbbd9d94cf.png

His rate was slower than last year, which can be attributed to a) lost freshness on account of playing so many games; and b) Tel getting a much higher share of the goals this time around.

As for Tel, he was also great, with 74 goals from 53 games and 21 from 15 at ITN level, giving him a total of 95 goals.

image.png.9409c698eb456ea7c91b44e380ff09b1.png

He was much closer to Cho this time around. In fact he raced out to a big lead at the start, only to really go off the boil in the last couple of months of the season. A shame, but at least I know he can score big, now it's just up to me to get him to maintain it until he catches up.

Targets

Cho Tel
Season Club ITN Total Club ITN Total
01 42 0 42 45 0 45
02 99 0 99 36 0 36
03 75 31 106 74 21 95
Total     247/2000     176/2000

Not bad! Once you add in the ITN goals, it suddenly looks possible. They are getting about 100 goals per season and this will probably go up even more. If we can average that over 20 years, it will be job done! But there's still a long way to go.

Thanks for reading!!

Edited by Scratch
1 hour ago, Scratch said:

This season I switched the AM to a LW and turned the LWB into an IWB, giving us this:

Wondering.. I've been testing quite a bit with tactics the last few days and, as mentioned across Vibe, IFs are no longer the go-to player role. I see you're using Wingers for obvious reasons - have you tried APs on the flanks at all? Not that they'll perform better than Ws in this formation, definitely not in this set-up. Just in general, as you seem to enjoy spending time experimenting with the things. 

Oh and, good progress here. Reasonably on track 😁

11 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Wondering.. I've been testing quite a bit with tactics the last few days and, as mentioned across Vibe, IFs are no longer the go-to player role. I see you're using Wingers for obvious reasons - have you tried APs on the flanks at all? Not that they'll perform better than Ws in this formation, definitely not in this set-up. Just in general, as you seem to enjoy spending time experimenting with the things. 

I've never used IFs because... they scored too much! 😀 Great for normal saves, but not goal scoring ones, and I'm always doing goal scoring ones... 

Haven't tried wide APs either for a long long time. I guess the last 3 or 4 versions I've been following the TF + W philosophy. I do test within that, but APs are counter to the philosophy, so not something I've looked at. When I tried it before that, from memory, they seemed to work reasonably well - but that was with a more passing rather than crossing style. 

I look forward to your research on it though! 

Looking really good, man! Keep it up ^w^

The idea was to encourage more crosses to our Aerially strong forwards. It's very hard to know if it worked or not.

From experience, wingers usually get into better positions to send crosses more often than wing-backs, since they don't have to travel as much distance (especially when transitioning from defence into attack, wing-backs will have to push up all the way from our end of the pitch while wingers usually hang around the midfield when out of possession). Whether they cross more often I'm not too sure though, but personally I think it's a good change to have

Edited by BakaSotong
4 hours ago, Scratch said:

Update - Season 3

Season 3 and I'm still here! I won't repeat the screenshots, but over the off season, France gave me the ITN job and neither of the lads had had a full cap (or goal) yet. That'll change pretty fast!

First though...

Tactics

image.png.f41e129d9f15f5e405d5eaea534bdb2b.png

Spoiler alert: this year saw an increase in the number of goals scored, but whether it was related to this is anyone's guess. The increase feels like what we should have got from the team leveling up rather than any jump related to a next level tactic. So maybe it's about the same. 

I may end up experimenting some more, but I'll probably stick with it for now.

Transfers

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.475cc785d35d184d1e9ad05afee292d6.png

image.png.7edb3fdccc7d35c5a977abbff8e8e2b5.png

image.png.8303f0dcafc4b70b3ec970251a6a7658.png

We shifted out a lot of fringe players (including those who weren't fringe up until the start of this year). Our captain MacGregor went because the youngsters would push him out of the team this year, Rosas went because he kept looking after himself in games (a message that he was prioritising avoiding injury) and a bunch of other decent players left.

Coming in were some youngsters who may or may not make it. Half of them were French, as we want the next generation of French stars at our club so I can influence their morale etc.

Results

A fantastic season, winning everything!

image.png.ee105023b600aa142d78886c7309645f.png

We're now strong enough to beat pretty much everyone, topping the ginormous UCL group and then beating Manchester City 2-0 in the final, as well as crushing all domestic opposition (and scoring 144 goals in the league). 

Hide contents

image.png.5e088b358e757c340b34869f3a023eed.png

image.png.8851922658d83c63f5366ee08b64db69.png

image.png.49781834833f7f305f6dbfae65960ad5.png

image.png.4f349f4b98440ef073f41fe354a30151.png

image.png.66ce17aa2d4c27f12db4778ca92b55e5.png

Development

No injuries this year, thanks to good genes (very rarely injured) and good management (low intensity training, resting them a lot, subbing them off early). I will say I played them in a lot more games this year, maybe too many (they lost some freshness), but I always subbed them off early.

Anyway, the lads looked like this at the end of the year:

image.png.eb08722fce15dcb48a82af081e585a16.png

image.png.a87ae670f15ddc803b83bc72766721ae.png

Looking great, especially Cho, and they are both edging forwards, so not finished yet.

Goals

Cho was magnificent with 75 goals in 53 games at club level and 31 goals in 15 games at ITN level, giving him a total of 106 goals.

image.png.46712023710d94cd2e6eadcbbd9d94cf.png

His rate was slower than last year, which can be attributed to a) lost freshness on account of playing so many games; and b) Tel getting a much higher share of the goals this time around.

As for Tel, he was also great, with 74 goals from 53 games and 21 from 15 at ITN level, giving him a total of 95 goals.

image.png.9409c698eb456ea7c91b44e380ff09b1.png

He was much closer to Cho this time around. In fact he raced out to a big lead at the start, only to really go off the boil in the last couple of months of the season. A shame, but at least I know he can score big, now it's just up to me to get him to maintain it until he catches up.

Targets

Cho Tel
01 42 0 42 45 0 45
02 99 0 99 36 0 36
03 75 31 106 74 21 95
Total     247/2000     176/2000

Not bad! Once you add in the ITN goals, it suddenly looks possible. They are getting about 100 goals per season and this will probably go up even more. If we can average that over 20 years, it will be job done! But there's still a long way to go.

Thanks for reading!!

Wow, great results this year.

International job is all important, good that you got it so early!!!

I've been using pretty much the exact formation for my tests but have been way too busy with work recently to even load a game up let alone try and perfect this.

Looks like youve nailed it.

My biggests concern after playing so long in Scotland with my Endrick save is that the quality of the other teams actually become unbelievable, especially if you enjoy European success.

Pretty much every team was full of Internationals, £20, £30, £40 million transfers kicking about.

Rangers even got relegated 4 times.

So this is something to be cautious about but at the moment very impressive work, keep good brother

22 hours ago, BakaSotong said:

Looking really good, man! Keep it up ^w^

From experience, wingers usually get into better positions to send crosses more often than wing-backs, since they don't have to travel as much distance (especially when transitioning from defence into attack, wing-backs will have to push up all the way from our end of the pitch while wingers usually hang around the midfield when out of possession). Whether they cross more often I'm not too sure though, but personally I think it's a good change to have

Thanks. That matches my experience pretty much. I've seen WBs get a lot of crosses in, but not normally as many as the Ws. And I really like the IWB > CM > W triangles I get, I happy to have them on both sides.

22 hours ago, deepheat83 said:

Wow, great results this year.

International job is all important, good that you got it so early!!!

I've been using pretty much the exact formation for my tests but have been way too busy with work recently to even load a game up let alone try and perfect this.

Looks like youve nailed it.

My biggests concern after playing so long in Scotland with my Endrick save is that the quality of the other teams actually become unbelievable, especially if you enjoy European success.

Pretty much every team was full of Internationals, £20, £30, £40 million transfers kicking about.

Rangers even got relegated 4 times.

So this is something to be cautious about but at the moment very impressive work, keep good brother

Thanks mate! Don't tell anyone, but they sacked the manager after the World Cup in the first season, and I forgot to check whether the job was open! They gave it to Zidane though, so I don't think I would have got it. I always find I need to win something before having a chance, so midway through first season would have been unlikely for such a big country.

I'm struggling to play much this year too, seems to be a lot of it going around - though I am playing more thanks to this save (still not anywhere near as much as I was, it's taking like a week for 1 season).

Yeah, I've seen that before in previous versions to some degree - I always get the best records (like 10 goals in a match) in the first few seasons before the league gets stronger. But even when they get stronger, I still score a shetload because while they have leveled up a lot, I have leveled up several times more than that! But we'll see how it pans out, sounds like it's harder this year...

12 hours ago, Kanegan said:

Great returns so far. ChoTel is ripping everyone now.

Thanks. They are certainly pretty lethal to most teams. They don't like playing us...

11 hours ago, Rob said:

Brilliant. Disappointed you didn’t get double 100 league goals though.

Thanks mate. I was thinking I might do it this season, but then I thought "better leave something for Rob to challenge us to do next year"...

Update - Season 4

This is a little overdue - I stopped playing for a week or so - but finally here is the season 4 update. 

Tactics

We're still using the formation shown in the last update, but have made the right striker a Treq rather than than a TF. I think it's working better, but it's hard to tell. I haven't had that much luck with Treqs this year and had gone off them a bit, but I tried P, TF, AF and none of those worked better than the TF, while the T just might. 

The other change is I turned Committed tackling on. Hard to say if it's making much difference, beyond getting a few more cards.

I'm still using Team Talks to get the squad in the best frame of mind for the game and it generally works well (often one or two players not optimal, might look to sell them).

Transfers

Spoiler

image.png.0a3cea83c838857a3919887d1e3178b7.png

image.png.091d393d9e6b129af5cfb0fe7d3091ae.png

image.png.990a5e16902e544b3a3e91e7eac174c5.png

Once again, I sold some loyal servants who were very good players, as the previous wonderkids rose up and replaced them, while at the same time buying the next generation of wonderkids.

Results

What is there to say? Won everything except the UCL final (Bayern beat us on pens) and scored 175 goals in the league.

image.png.6ad0b0596dd102c29ac906f60a624d74.png

Details (note Tel gets injured in the Super Cup final, but as you can see no message/injury after the game):

Spoiler

image.png.9107251fdd09532876439d5d6b526c4c.png

image.png.bb1f6ce536e052a18eedadb8f4120153.png

image.png.bc4b316654d954efd98d0dccc70a29dc.png

image.png.be07a4fa024827794dfc422ee572cb53.png

image.png.46fdf979392d0bdc5215860f4d37ace5.png

XWiqmrhMCDqWqcpwvsE1NjhvybmYn3DTZMVSIenwkM3gy1MM8II8a30md3yVImY-H9jsmI5EEkZTJL9L-T3OjLx4N-3JO50I-seaTBKBkIaU6e0HLPFHmLsxSWw9IFxDimWVcSLwW9gFdql2jF3FKKRBC_Zsrmgy4dfxEGs1CERfIkJQQt5VghHXuJA0uLr9AXxrGtKIwu_JQJQlMhw0bcrUMIoOGzlUi7NFSHXAopYqCDBO_MRGNePCM3y3n9L4O5WDzPchYIDfgDzOJaQx_Kvpiv8vHDiLvIkmHaxj_RYU-WukZcXNGtz0QclxF3Ri-lIrXnkxyLL9NNEtX9g8pYvnPPe5K8rsmfnqZQ1Eps5jV4zyRNHZ_sRM7MXCDP_whaswa5OnpUJSzVtRNHWvVmZah1Qsf8JB1qhdFf2a3zx8_jnI_U40ckqtWGK5KRryBigvepsyI6YQxiYAlbf_4557upCW1NHikmF81dSwBADq3iH1dA5CBp1E7u7_9hLw01Xhdx-o6xtq1XiM15sPih0CKTNv4Qgwv7OlSadF5i2lfpv04wpl2tNqSTMP5oMc9g6rl2z2X0gez5X-xQhzSyb2IU9MaK_RHbet1Sh_j6KEkijJTrXvmasXEytvRXF56oplTSGM-3OmcHY4hbFLP7pN8AabY2T-SUDVmkeKmExwpmLjU7vUzqXO48mbKFgyFZSeOdHF5ITEGwXZHYs4dNvq1gbRK7TzsWgOygH8wk3BiXg80y_GADpWymyZuENjwy8XJcrKjJoTiUB9jnPmTOheG23tOnfATPRJmIC0-qzUIJ9tIPP-V7G15vWLyf_OoqVxwj9vky3qBRBtjZjc46E_Xf9ZJ5tl1u7LvyFNM2jxcHTjMmVNIUQG91dF0zMF_hju1VgPejxHwCjkr0RvBZE6n_G4354RFBbUOCKmxhxQBw2jCxmUxqTXPGga8vC-qfsoUMVkwmHtg96RBG4=w1920-h864-no?authuser=0

image.png.e4b151090dbdf1c0e25e923eef00387f.png

Injuries

Speaking of injuries, as well as that ghost injury, Cho had a 10 day injury:

image.png.b83f7034ca519d0e33603ca401eb3b2b.png

Pretty lucky so far, but as mentioned before, more design than luck, with low intensity training and both lads very rarely injured.

Development

The lads look like this now (Cho seems maxed out, Tel still creeping):

image.png.61fe8fc5727cb85eb6bc5237807d0223.png

image.png.e77293814d54be53b4c06f6186cfa391.png

Goals

Both lads took a step up this season, both attribute-wise and in terms of their output. They played in more games too, which helped - instead of having to give them whole games off, I could get away with subbing them off at half time if they needed it, etc.

Cho once again lead the way, with 107 goals in 61 games at club level and 18 goals in 11 games at ITN level, giving him a total of 125 goals!

image.png.72f68cbf2cc290d8d0748aedbd438bbf.png

Meanwhile, Tel held up his end with 84 goals in 60 games at club level and 26 goals in 13 games at ITN level, giving him a total of 110 goals.

image.png.9263756f6d0756475800418e0e927a19.png

Targets

Cho Tel
01 42 0 42 45 0 45
02 99 0 99 36 0 36
03 75 31 106 74 21 95
04 107 18 125 84 26 110
Total 323 49 372/2000 239 47 286/2000

Steady progress, Tel is still a long way behind, but not I'm worried given his current scoring rate.

I'm still not ready to believe this is possible, but a few more seasons like this and maybe I'll start considering it. Our players are first rate, the two lads legends already and we are just tearing up Scotland...

Anyway, before we can get into the swing of things, we have to go win this World Cup (the season ended after the group stage). I think I need to at least make the quarters to avoid the sack. 🤞

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Scratch
14 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Update - Season 4

This is a little overdue - I stopped playing for a week or so - but finally here is the season 4 update. 

Tactics

We're still using the formation shown in the last update, but have made the right striker a Treq rather than than a TF. I think it's working better, but it's hard to tell. I haven't had that much luck with Treqs this year and had gone off them a bit, but I tried P, TF, AF and none of those worked better than the TF, while the T just might. 

The other change is I turned Committed tackling on. Hard to say if it's making much difference, beyond getting a few more cards.

I'm still using Team Talks to get the squad in the best frame of mind for the game and it generally works well (often one or two players not optimal, might look to sell them).

Transfers

Hide contents

image.png.0a3cea83c838857a3919887d1e3178b7.png

image.png.091d393d9e6b129af5cfb0fe7d3091ae.png

image.png.990a5e16902e544b3a3e91e7eac174c5.png

Once again, I sold some loyal servants who were very good players, as the previous wonderkids rose up and replaced them, while at the same time buying the next generation of wonderkids.

Results

What is there to say? Won everything except the UCL final (Bayern beat us on pens) and scored 175 goals in the league.

image.png.6ad0b0596dd102c29ac906f60a624d74.png

Details (note Tel gets injured in the Super Cup final, but as you can see no message/injury after the game):

Hide contents

image.png.9107251fdd09532876439d5d6b526c4c.png

image.png.bb1f6ce536e052a18eedadb8f4120153.png

image.png.bc4b316654d954efd98d0dccc70a29dc.png

image.png.be07a4fa024827794dfc422ee572cb53.png

image.png.46fdf979392d0bdc5215860f4d37ace5.png

XWiqmrhMCDqWqcpwvsE1NjhvybmYn3DTZMVSIenwkM3gy1MM8II8a30md3yVImY-H9jsmI5EEkZTJL9L-T3OjLx4N-3JO50I-seaTBKBkIaU6e0HLPFHmLsxSWw9IFxDimWVcSLwW9gFdql2jF3FKKRBC_Zsrmgy4dfxEGs1CERfIkJQQt5VghHXuJA0uLr9AXxrGtKIwu_JQJQlMhw0bcrUMIoOGzlUi7NFSHXAopYqCDBO_MRGNePCM3y3n9L4O5WDzPchYIDfgDzOJaQx_Kvpiv8vHDiLvIkmHaxj_RYU-WukZcXNGtz0QclxF3Ri-lIrXnkxyLL9NNEtX9g8pYvnPPe5K8rsmfnqZQ1Eps5jV4zyRNHZ_sRM7MXCDP_whaswa5OnpUJSzVtRNHWvVmZah1Qsf8JB1qhdFf2a3zx8_jnI_U40ckqtWGK5KRryBigvepsyI6YQxiYAlbf_4557upCW1NHikmF81dSwBADq3iH1dA5CBp1E7u7_9hLw01Xhdx-o6xtq1XiM15sPih0CKTNv4Qgwv7OlSadF5i2lfpv04wpl2tNqSTMP5oMc9g6rl2z2X0gez5X-xQhzSyb2IU9MaK_RHbet1Sh_j6KEkijJTrXvmasXEytvRXF56oplTSGM-3OmcHY4hbFLP7pN8AabY2T-SUDVmkeKmExwpmLjU7vUzqXO48mbKFgyFZSeOdHF5ITEGwXZHYs4dNvq1gbRK7TzsWgOygH8wk3BiXg80y_GADpWymyZuENjwy8XJcrKjJoTiUB9jnPmTOheG23tOnfATPRJmIC0-qzUIJ9tIPP-V7G15vWLyf_OoqVxwj9vky3qBRBtjZjc46E_Xf9ZJ5tl1u7LvyFNM2jxcHTjMmVNIUQG91dF0zMF_hju1VgPejxHwCjkr0RvBZE6n_G4354RFBbUOCKmxhxQBw2jCxmUxqTXPGga8vC-qfsoUMVkwmHtg96RBG4=w1920-h864-no?authuser=0

image.png.e4b151090dbdf1c0e25e923eef00387f.png

Injuries

Speaking of injuries, as well as that ghost injury, Cho had a 10 day injury:

image.png.b83f7034ca519d0e33603ca401eb3b2b.png

Pretty lucky so far, but as mentioned before, more design than luck, with low intensity training and both lads very rarely injured.

Development

The lads look like this now (Cho seems maxed out, Tel still creeping):

image.png.61fe8fc5727cb85eb6bc5237807d0223.png

image.png.e77293814d54be53b4c06f6186cfa391.png

Goals

Both lads took a step up this season, both attribute-wise and in terms of their output. They played in more games too, which helped - instead of having to give them whole games off, I could get away with subbing them off at half time if they needed it, etc.

Cho once again lead the way, with 107 goals in 61 games at club level and 18 goals in 11 games at ITN level, giving him a total of 125 goals!

image.png.72f68cbf2cc290d8d0748aedbd438bbf.png

Meanwhile, Tel held up his end with 84 goals in 60 games at club level and 26 goals in 13 games at ITN level, giving him a total of 110 goals.

image.png.9263756f6d0756475800418e0e927a19.png

Targets

Cho Tel
01 42 0 42 45 0 45
02 99 0 99 36 0 36
03 75 31 106 74 21 95
04 107 18 125 84 26 110
Total 323 49 372/2000 239 47 286/2000

Steady progress, Tel is still a long way behind, but not I'm worried given his current scoring rate.

I'm still not ready to believe this is possible, but a few more seasons like this and maybe I'll start considering it. Our players are first rate, the two lads legends already and we are just tearing up Scotland...

Anyway, before we can get into the swing of things, we have to go win this World Cup (the season ended after the group stage). I think I need to at least make the quarters to avoid the sack. 🤞

Thanks for reading!

Impressive stuff.

I was looking forward to getting involved in this challenge but dont have anywhere near the time required to work on a good formation right now.

Until then I'll keep being amazed by your numbers, outstanding as always.

Keep up the hard work, cant wait to see you break this one finally.

1 hour ago, deepheat83 said:

Impressive stuff.

I was looking forward to getting involved in this challenge but dont have anywhere near the time required to work on a good formation right now.

Until then I'll keep being amazed by your numbers, outstanding as always.

Keep up the hard work, cant wait to see you break this one finally.

Thanks mate.

It's funny though, at the end of the day I'm really just using the same formation I always use! Sure sometimes it has 3 up front, sometimes 2, sometimes 1, and the midfield combo changes a little, but it's very similar. The central concept is good crossers, tall strikers. I guess the fact that I have a really strong squad now is actually the more important thing. 

Anyway, I was surprised by the number of goals I got from them, even leaving ITN out. They still aren't at the optimal age, so I'm wondering just how how far this could go. But then again, maybe this was one of those once-off seasons where everything goes right... We'll see...

31 minutes ago, StuartM said:

That careful preparation is starting to pay off now, great numbers!

Thanks mate - I have spent a long long time putting the squad together and managing training and praising players etc. I'm sure I'd get good numbers anyway because these lads are seriously good - but I think every bit of that micromanagement stuff helps a bit and is worthwhile. No regrets!

Well, I will say that since I got the ITN job, the seasons really really drag... Tel played in 73 games and Cho in 72 and I did actually rest them for some games. So it is a long slog - but only way to get those numbers...

5 minutes ago, Rob said:

Brilliant again. Their averages are starting to increase nicely.

Yeah, but they need to if there's any chance of making it to the target. Gonna need a lot of luck and these lads will have to play into their 40s...

You scored many !!! Even from 1st season...!! i only able to score 40-50 with 2 Strikers ... In 1st season.. tried every tactics still not able to cross 60 goals mark in Season 1... although i STOPED praising players still goals count remian  same ... 

I use TF PF strikers combo and PF scored Double amount of goals than TF .. and TF also at corner while PF is on panalty and Free kicks.

8 hours ago, P.Rahul said:

You scored many !!! Even from 1st season...!! i only able to score 40-50 with 2 Strikers ... In 1st season.. tried every tactics still not able to cross 60 goals mark in Season 1... although i STOPED praising players still goals count remian  same ... 

I use TF PF strikers combo and PF scored Double amount of goals than TF .. and TF also at corner while PF is on panalty and Free kicks.

From memory, both your strikers were 16 years old in the first season? That makes it hard. Mine were 17 and 18, which is a little better, but young players can struggle (I once had a 1KC player score only 2 in the first season, yes 2 that's not a typo).

Also, although I'm not using my scouting app on this save, I've seen both Tel and Cho before and I know they have really high PA, so they are always going to turn into top players. I think the players you were using are good (high 3.5 star to mid 4 star), but not great like Tel and Cho (4.5 star). So that may be a factor. Still, your guys are good enough to score a lot of goal in Scotland too, so it won't be just that.

Maybe it's down to the rest of the squad. To start with I went with wonderkids I know will develop a lot backed up by a few risks (some worked out great, some others didn't and I got rid of them). Now I am on a continuous cycle of farming wonderkids and replacing the previous generation, so the team really is good.

Interesting you got so many goals from the PF. I have heard that from other people too, but they've never really worked for me. I guess maybe just the way my tactic is set up they don't work as well or something.... 

Anyway, with all of this, you need to just keep going, keep building your squad, keep tweaking your tactic and things will improve.

Okay, I'll share a bit of my recruitment strategy. 

As I've said before, I go for the wonderkids and develop them as much as possible. The best ones go into the team, the rest go out on loan (and they often come back better than the ones that stay and then I swap them over). 

This guy was on the fringes, was almost going to sell him, but then I loaned him out one more time and he came back like this (probably helps that I've been playing him off the bench at ITN level, but his crossing was 15 before his year on loan):

image.png.8e1546a6283a7ed40d66cc9edeea1f9f.png

He will probably become a starter next season. 

Now how do I find the wonderkids? They are mostly overseas players and I try to buy a lot. If they get a work permit first time I take that as a sign that they must be good quality and I sign them. If they can't get a work permit I pass them by. Now I know that sometimes really good players can't get work permits and not everyone who gets them is great, but it's a useful step one filter that points me in the right direction. 

I still get some players like this, who hasn't really developed as much as expected despite being loaned out (he's out the door when I prune the squad):

image.png.f59f76e347a682433a65a88f96fe10de.png

Then I get some like this, who the jury is still out on (nowhere near the first team, next year on loan will be crucial to see if he may be okay, may need another year on loan after that):

image.png.e33eeef03dd3848d93096d8a79646a42.png

And then some end up like this (he's close to challenging for a spot in the team, though he probably needs another year on loan before he's ready and I might not use him anyway if his Stamina doesn't improve):

image.png.39bbc1803682c623104ac4fe3be0f75f.png

By the time they are ready for the first team, they are even better than that. Of course it's relative. In season one I would have played Atkinson rather than having him on the "maybe, one day" list. Zwayer would have been a starter and one of the best players in the team. But by season 4, the players actually in the team are pretty good. 

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

From memory, both your strikers were 16 years old in the first season? That makes it hard. Mine were 17 and 18, which is a little better, but young players can struggle (I once had a 1KC player score only 2 in the first season, yes 2 that's not a typo).

Also, although I'm not using my scouting app on this save, I've seen both Tel and Cho before and I know they have really high PA, so they are always going to turn into top players. I think the players you were using are good (high 3.5 star to mid 4 star), but not great like Tel and Cho (4.5 star). So that may be a factor. Still, your guys are good enough to score a lot of goal in Scotland too, so it won't be just that.

Maybe it's down to the rest of the squad. To start with I went with wonderkids I know will develop a lot backed up by a few risks (some worked out great, some others didn't and I got rid of them). Now I am on a continuous cycle of farming wonderkids and replacing the previous generation, so the team really is good.

Interesting you got so many goals from the PF. I have heard that from other people too, but they've never really worked for me. I guess maybe just the way my tactic is set up they don't work as well or something.... 

Anyway, with all of this, you need to just keep going, keep building your squad, keep tweaking your tactic and things will improve.

I signed 2 Scottish wonder kids strikers Ethan and Rory ... And  Ethan was PF and Rory was TF .. and you r right Ethan was 17 so he score quickly but now Rory scored more than Ethan .. and before i not using many wonder kids although ..

but 1 thing i dont do tweaking my tactics .. i never change tactics and don't know how to change when to change ... because in scotish League with celtic i hardly Lost 3 games in leagues... And Before I start save i used to play full season with any good  EPL team if that tactics work with EPL Teams than I use that tactics in Scottish league.

I think u should check Mark GUIU he is not in Wonder kids list but he is best strikers i Have played this year and his Development never got plateaued in 3 seasons even Iker villar Development plateaued at the end of 1st season.. 

Edited by P.Rahul
6 hours ago, P.Rahul said:

I signed 2 Scottish wonder kids strikers Ethan and Rory ... And  Ethan was PF and Rory was TF .. and you r right Ethan was 17 so he score quickly but now Rory scored more than Ethan .. and before i not using many wonder kids although ..

but 1 thing i dont do tweaking my tactics .. i never change tactics and don't know how to change when to change ... because in scotish League with celtic i hardly Lost 3 games in leagues... And Before I start save i used to play full season with any good  EPL team if that tactics work with EPL Teams than I use that tactics in Scottish league.

I think u should check Mark GUIU he is not in Wonder kids list but he is best strikers i Have played this year and his Development never got plateaued in 3 seasons even Iker villar Development plateaued at the end of 1st season.. 

Ethan Laidlaw and Rory Wilson?

Okay, to answer this better, I'm going to show you some behind the scenes data that I have access to that others don't (once again, this gives me an unfair advantage, so I don't go on leaderboards for long term saves). 

I ran 30 save games through a script I wrote, to give me a list of players and their PA etc. Here is some info on the 6 players we're talking about (assuming I've got the two Scottish lads right):

image.png.4d04d4f8ff8b229656d4ab722103e4e1.png

The CA will always be the same at the start of the save, but the PA will be different for each save. I don't know what my current Cho and Tel have (or what your players have obviously) in the actual save being used, but this list shows me the averages over the 30 saves and gives me a pretty good idea! The max and min values are also useful. 

In the case of your 4 players, you can see that saves_checked is only 6 - that's because they are only loaded if their home nation is loaded and only 6 of the 30 saves had those nations loaded, whereas Cho and Tel are in every save. 

On to the things that matter: First, Cho and Tel both start with CA of 120, whereas the other 4 have much lower CA at the beginning. This means that Cho and Tel will score more goals in the first season as 120 is okay for Scotland. For the others, they will struggle a bit at first, until they've leveled up a bit. On the plus side, they will probably level up pretty quickly, as just sitting on the bench will earn them development points.

Next, Cho and Tel are just different class when it comes to PA. Villar is almost 4.5 stars (160-179) on his best day (159), but that is also Cho's worst day. Laidlaw, Villar and Guiu will normally turn out as pretty good strikers, especially for Scotland, and will score a lot of goals by the time they are done - I would never tell anyone not to use them. Wilson on the other hand is a step behind and I wouldn't recommend him (though if he is marked as a wonderkid in your save, then maybe he came out pretty high in that save). But obviously, in most saves, Cho and Tel will end up as better players than the others. 

So adding all that together, Cho and Tel will start scoring faster than the others (older, higher CA), end up better than the others (higher PA) and also won't run into the "needs to mature" thing as often (older, higher PA). Laidlaw, Villar and Guiu do have more upgrades coming to them though (difference between PA and CA) and will be good players, especially for Scotland.

Hope that makes sense... 

I'm sure the next question many people will have after reading that is to ask for more info about other strikers etc, so here are the top 26 young strikers across the saves I checked:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f995d7e84541af272fada7b9dd06d4d1.png

Of course... the Winter update will come out soon and will change most of their values! Although you can choose the November DB when you start a game.

As for the tactics, I don't know how much I can help, but basically keep an eye on the game stats (make sure most of the shots are from the strikers for example, make sure they aren't losing all the headers, etc) and have a look at the extended highlights from time to time (maybe the strikers are taking the corners, or your wingers are cutting inside too often, or your AMC and BBM are running around in the same space, etc).