Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Les Bleus Chotel [Season 5]

Scratch

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

Thanks. It wasn't easy! He wouldn't even negotiate with me on the first pass either. Just straight up "not interested". But I could see the values he wanted in the negotiation screen, even though I couldn't negotiate.

So I negotiated with the club again and immediately threw all the money into the wage budget BEFORE pressing continue (I missed that part above). That was enough to make him think maybe he would come here after all... Then I had to move the slider back a bit so I could get him a higher sign on fee and I finally got him to agree. Of course he reneged on that, I couldn't really get him until I'd sold some players and had more money!

Hope you can do something like that for your guy, but some players just won't want to come. With Tel, he didn't really want to, but he was willing to if the money was right, but some players just won't fancy it at all.. :(

Looks like I’ll have to owe you a beer 

57 minutes ago, Lagom said:

Looks like I’ll have to owe you a beer 

Haha great, I take it you signed the player and can join in with us as we slowly go mad chasing an impossible target! We'll both need a beer after that! 😀

14 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Haha great, I take it you signed the player and can join in with us as we slowly go mad chasing an impossible target! We'll both need a beer after that! 😀

Something along those lines…

Spoiler

F0EE6B32-7D20-4E9D-93F3-2775EA84EAF5.thumb.png.0af641fd23830b6d378b605d36d4ae8b.png

2 hours ago, Lagom said:

Something along those lines…

Hide contents

F0EE6B32-7D20-4E9D-93F3-2775EA84EAF5.thumb.png.0af641fd23830b6d378b605d36d4ae8b.png

Nice! I see you got both the twins to go with older brother. Adds a nice extra dimension to this! Great start, can't wait to see how they go.

Season 1 - Preseason Part 2

I left off the last update with a list of jobs to do:

• Sort out the Team Dynamics by cutting the chaff (releasing all the youngsters having a bad influence on the team).
  • Top up the bargain squad with a couple of quality signings using our excess money. 
  • Buy Carrillo, now that I know I have enough to afford him.
  • Set up some mentoring.
  • Select two starting elevens and save them as Selections.
  • Select the penalties takers, corner takers, as well as the captain etc.
  • Come back to improving the training facilities.
  • Double check everyone's training regime.
  • Play a couple of friendlies (easy teams so we get some form leading into the season). 

All done now and about to play the first game (not counting friendlies which I leave to the assistant manager).

The dynamics are shaping up nicely:

image.png.8d32672e195d9ba7a0fb2b765efc8fad.png

It will probably improve further once Quags has had some time with the two lads and once they become more influential in the team, but honestly, I'm chuffed with that already.

I bought Carrillo in a straight swap with Giakoumakis. I'll have to juggle the mentoring as the lads are getting some attitudinal adjustments from Quags right now, but I also want to get them with Carrillo to get them stronger in the air. I'm expecting at least 3 bouts with Quags and 2 with Carrillo this year, something that wouldn't have been as easy last year, but which I've done several times this year (pretty much in all 3 previous careers).

I also realised that my midfield was a little too light, so I bought in Scancet, Kacavenda and Lewis Hall (although he will start at left wing back). I also had deals lined up for Doue, Agoume and Veloso, but of course I only had so much money and these ones fell through.

I was tempted to go with Doue instead of Sancet, as Doue is one of the best midfield wonderkids in the game and will be a key part of the French ITN team later (ie when I'm hopefully managing them), but Sancet was just too good right now to pass up. 

I am still short in midfield, having to play a kid out of the Reserves, so I'm trying to free up some more funds for another midfielder. To this end, I sold Ralston and Taylor, both players I like, but also players I know will be replaced in a year or two (so may as well do it now). I may recall some of the players loaned out so can sell them too. I want at least one more player, maybe two.

Anyway, as we head into the first game, here are my two match day squads, which will be rotated each match:

image.png.0c6a89f7786b8600b970ed15a49f5398.png

image.png.a7abe6c49e659a343d974bc1b1758ab1.png

An awful amount to improve here! Way too many youngsters - who will be too good for this league by the end of the season, but who are a below par right now. And both RWs are a not great crossers, so we'll see how long that last (we have some with good potential coming off the bench). 

Of course I set up the set piece takers. Tel and Cho taking pens and free kicks in central positions. 5 players who can cross set on corners, making sure I have as much coverage as possible (ie one of them on the field at all times) - if noone on the list is on the field, the main striker seems to want to take the corner and pass it to... himself? 

I did bump up both facilities, so training is 4.5 stars and youth is 4 stars (I think). And that's probably it...

According to the game info I've spent 8.5 hours on this save so far, and I haven't even played a game! But I think I'm ready now. 

Wait is this the point I'm supposed to abandon the save? 

Finished 3-0, a nice score-line, but it was closer than it seemed. Will want to get better obviously, but to be expected at this point. 

image.png.3cb0d0920b167520cad4852285031e73.png

And Tel is on track to score his 2K over 1000 games (50 a year for 20 years). Cho, not so much...

2 hours ago, Scratch said:

Finished 3-0, a nice score-line, but it was closer than it seemed. Will want to get better obviously, but to be expected at this point. 

image.png.3cb0d0920b167520cad4852285031e73.png

And Tel is on track to score his 2K over 1000 games (50 a year for 20 years). Cho, not so much...

U need 4 goals per game atleast from the 2 strikers 

Edited by P.Rahul
On 18/01/2023 at 08:04, Scratch said:

Thanks mate, will definitely need it. That and a few sanity pills (though might be too late for that)!

I have plenty if needed 👍🤣

9 hours ago, Scratch said:

Season 1 - Preseason Part 2

I left off the last update with a list of jobs to do:

• Sort out the Team Dynamics by cutting the chaff (releasing all the youngsters having a bad influence on the team).
  • Top up the bargain squad with a couple of quality signings using our excess money. 
  • Buy Carrillo, now that I know I have enough to afford him.
  • Set up some mentoring.
  • Select two starting elevens and save them as Selections.
  • Select the penalties takers, corner takers, as well as the captain etc.
  • Come back to improving the training facilities.
  • Double check everyone's training regime.
  • Play a couple of friendlies (easy teams so we get some form leading into the season). 

All done now and about to play the first game (not counting friendlies which I leave to the assistant manager).

The dynamics are shaping up nicely:

image.png.8d32672e195d9ba7a0fb2b765efc8fad.png

It will probably improve further once Quags has had some time with the two lads and once they become more influential in the team, but honestly, I'm chuffed with that already.

I bought Carrillo in a straight swap with Giakoumakis. I'll have to juggle the mentoring as the lads are getting some attitudinal adjustments from Quags right now, but I also want to get them with Carrillo to get them stronger in the air. I'm expecting at least 3 bouts with Quags and 2 with Carrillo this year, something that wouldn't have been as easy last year, but which I've done several times this year (pretty much in all 3 previous careers).

I also realised that my midfield was a little too light, so I bought in Scancet, Kacavenda and Lewis Hall (although he will start at left wing back). I also had deals lined up for Doue, Agoume and Veloso, but of course I only had so much money and these ones fell through.

I was tempted to go with Doue instead of Sancet, as Doue is one of the best midfield wonderkids in the game and will be a key part of the French ITN team later (ie when I'm hopefully managing them), but Sancet was just too good right now to pass up. 

I am still short in midfield, having to play a kid out of the Reserves, so I'm trying to free up some more funds for another midfielder. To this end, I sold Ralston and Taylor, both players I like, but also players I know will be replaced in a year or two (so may as well do it now). I may recall some of the players loaned out so can sell them too. I want at least one more player, maybe two.

Anyway, as we head into the first game, here are my two match day squads, which will be rotated each match:

image.png.0c6a89f7786b8600b970ed15a49f5398.png

image.png.a7abe6c49e659a343d974bc1b1758ab1.png

An awful amount to improve here! Way too many youngsters - who will be too good for this league by the end of the season, but who are a below par right now. And both RWs are a not great crossers, so we'll see how long that last (we have some with good potential coming off the bench). 

Of course I set up the set piece takers. Tel and Cho taking pens and free kicks in central positions. 5 players who can cross set on corners, making sure I have as much coverage as possible (ie one of them on the field at all times) - if noone on the list is on the field, the main striker seems to want to take the corner and pass it to... himself? 

I did bump up both facilities, so training is 4.5 stars and youth is 4 stars (I think). And that's probably it...

According to the game info I've spent 8.5 hours on this save so far, and I haven't even played a game! But I think I'm ready now. 

Wait is this the point I'm supposed to abandon the save? 

Jeezzzzz that's a lot of prep time, no doubt it'd pay off though. Good luck man! 

7 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Nice start that. Let’s see how far we’re going.

Well I got 3 games in before I fell asleep! Hopefully make it further today... But I will be going slow compared to most. Busy life at the moment and trying obsessively to be a challenge in an entirely different game too.

7 hours ago, P.Rahul said:

U need 4 goals per game atleast from the 2 strikers 

Yeah, that'll be the target. Still not sure it's at all possible, but will try to get to that level. Won't be there this year as too many wonderkids in the team and they need a year to be good enough for us to really dominate...

1 hour ago, BakaSotong said:

Jeezzzzz that's a lot of prep time, no doubt it'd pay off though. Good luck man! 

Haha, yeah, I tend to go overboard on the putting the team together part of the game... :D 

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Well I got 3 games in before I fell asleep! Hopefully make it further today... But I will be going slow compared to most. Busy life at the moment and trying obsessively to be a challenge in an entirely different game too.

Haha feel that. Currently just passed half the season for me. I have a few assignments and homeworks to do as well as playing other games too at the same time.

On 18/01/2023 at 13:49, Scratch said:

image.png.ada53482d18d775e0c24c7051a6a6958.png

Too many defenders. I'm here if you need tactics advice. It's free.

You have no chance completing this challenge. Good luck!

26 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

People think I have attacking tactics and I'm always like "no, you should check out a 'BatiGoal Tactic ™️', he always has 8 up front or something like that!" 🤣

I always want your tactics advice (and your comments and your career posts) - it's great to have a real Vibe legend back here, hope you are doing well and that you stick around! Not that I'm begging. Wait, no actually I am begging! :D 

As for this challenge, yeah, I expect I have no chance at all. I'll either finish on 1K goals between them worst case, or on 3,999 best case. Or on 4K, but with 2001 to one striker and 1999 to the other... But what the heck, who can resist such a gloriously stupidly crazy target. Not me...

12 hours ago, Rob said:

Loving your write ups and great going so far.

Thanks mate! Not going to be a stellar season 1, but might be decent by then end. 🤞

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

How about you teach us how to ghost the whole season :P 

Update - Season 1 (Part 1)

First season in the bag, but only time for a partial update right now.

Transfers

I last provided an update just before the first game. At that time I wrote:

I bought in Scancet, Kacavenda and Lewis Hall (although he will start at left wing back). I also had deals lined up for Doue, Agoume and Veloso, but of course I only had so much money and these ones fell through.

Of course the transfer window wasn't shut at that point and there was some more business to be done! 

I recalled Ajeti, our highest valued player out on loan, and managed to sell him for £12.25M which was very handy! I then bought Doue for £4M plus Jota (a very good player, but not the right shape for my tactic).

image.png.d29c7d738b5b89c680dacdd607cd6f1b.png

I also tried to buy Duranville for the RW, but couldn't get him before the transfer window closed (and I went with someone else later as 16 is maybe a little too young).

image.png.62aa43813ce8f0722ff8b68c15e11fe7.png

Then in January I sold Haksabanovic for £22M. He'd been in top form, but scored as often as he assisted and cut inside a lot - not what I want from my RW. Llabres was almost as good as him, so he took Haksbanovic's place as starter and I went out and bought another wonderkid RW, Hugo Gonzales (who eventually became rotating starter). 

I might have missed a few in all that (have I mentioned Weir or Butzke anywhere?), so here is the full list:

Spoiler

image.png.8d8c41ec66fa181ad9991eded9fab7ed.png

image.png.c22977e321d298be558d538ec344bcd5.png

image.png.725f02e0f2c437c69111b9e702612bf8.png

image.png.8722d7af44fd8c44c93983b10dcfb571.png

image.png.af2a04ee55779e800034ce4a673cf5cb.png

image.png.094b4e61c06c30400fc46e96dbd1c6a6.png

As you can see, a lot of business was done! I basically transformed the team from a bunch of decent players to a bunch of wonderkids that are almost as good as the starting players (and who will be a lot better than them in a year or two).

Rakeem The Dream

I do want to highlight one player I'm a little attached to: Rakeem Harper. I've used him a lot in previous versions, where he was a true wonderkid. He's not as good as he once was (or wasn't last time I checked), but he's not quite a has-been yet!

He starts at Ipswich and is very cheap (I swapped him for another player I didn't want). He doesn't look much (especially if I'd screenshotted it when his Passing was 11):

image.png.ea12b6f43de26770806cdbfed6bbe8a9.png

But by the end of the year, he looked like this:

2Nf5Ss1x5t94ji1j0idHLQwK40U9EMHC_rjYxVq_7Zf9jqhot67rCF0DXKazl3jfzCjTS93HVjIA_kXcypByVkf0f4ECYSCdszGqfmrnA57mkNXsPVLCHW0-M7YsasmiMlfxHwutyGiy0fcbbfEl8GjjA5iOXKUmeVOklUr6ycyRuI0k5HE5YrkKw7TRNP14w0rJsUWGY4lwjceF_o_4aSmABO5hz1N1TRf_2vTM0AO8xYPhcxiDuWt1cd1QwF3pcQkO0RYkUrGHzC0ZoQ25WXKMC-86zRQ_3FRG2dxH40UYMP9_-pEX8TG_PB5IBFKzTmjrurPxcD_kXDDc3dVRX6P8TbRy0O4sXXQZygecQH7wlZG24ks7XDoPtUAvlTpEdO1Mvd2lpU5-woiOrRIZZGjbyx4De3XJcoAc5fde-a7yLRigm1lFwzuZc90azT21tXQ_EqaFI4toO8Ha6x8a3tnEoo-H1QYWkyAR8f6OBM9SK_ZWzZ2fEpZLDsdUPS1d8_feEOq18gVzxk2TWcem1DmPFbrfjkcYFHOlw4dttCqMceenGHYHfikAL81s49bKleuZpOzZ4n69LzonXw7wbZniet9r3DdgVvNqcyuRqP94HEq4GOCsWcdNrASxf2Kz5YRtB51EC8C5DXGLsr59xNvKgtdSG2LLsOmd6iSd4CoDguL6iCpeZnGJ1HYYrl09CrgmS-ctzcKw8rRogy2TDf474ZEw7ZrkM3c9BQ1tjkN1bykPiGLQgqigcUXuRHwRZ-9Nq7lZFzRrny0B3V2smtRZ9NOfoXeGBag0v9stgznqOG6A0fufpK8sNEU7rBXnEtV7-lM_FWYOK0AV4knmoOJO5HbZMITQVSKRXs0w29RMYWRSGaBE68OxGBUjTe4C04d2fMS33zDoHWK54R6oYXmin74JIYIQ_2Fs9Y2BSUF7xNl-PUkS8lD5qeVhVZamIHE5eHNbr65yOoweP2E=w1920-h864-no?authuser=0

Okay, still not great (we have players a couple steps ahead of him) and I'll probably sell him soon, but a decent option for cheap at the beginning of the game. Definitely an option for the lower leagues and weaker nations. 

Tactics

I'm still mostly playing the asymmetrical 1 2 3 2 2 I showed above, but the second striker role has gone from PF > P > T > TF and occasionally I will move the AM out wide to LW (seems to work better sometimes, other times the LWB is great at providing crosses on that side). There will be minor tweaks for some time yet, but it's looking decent so far.

Man Management

Once a month I set the squad order to Form and praise recent form for everyone with greater than 7.0 average over the last five games:

image.png.ecace7f67e4b90e6cba0b5be402dbbc3.png

It's not quite magic like I had happen a couple of times last year, but it keeps everyone happy (so they perform better) and every so often someone will improve their Work Rate:

image.png.da4cb77a2956ce172655243cfc2953c6.png

And of course I discipline them when they get a rating of 5 or lower in the last game:

image.png.7a093ec249491552fb659a8a34ccbe3a.png

You need to start with a warning and only fine them (the following time) if that doesn't work. I messed that up and had one unhappy player at one point, but he ended up only being upset for a while.

Anyway, I need to leave it here for now, but will be back later with more...

Thanks for reading.

Update - Season 1 (Part 2)

Results

image.png.f4ef789ba2eddc7af3116ff3369ff774.png

Hey, it's Scotland... We won everything domestically pretty easily.

It was the UCL that was hard - we ended bottom of the group with only 1, behind AC Milan, Atletico and Bayer Leverkusen - teams that are just too good for us this time around. The team is levelling up like crazy though, so we should make a better go of it next season.

Spoiler

image.png.6ebf467269530e3111ea423718ca3e17.png

image.png.16f13b93fa5a9caf2f7f5209e43d80e5.png

image.png.93dd6c1cc49b1dbb5ae0f59cbc42a7c8.png

image.png.3fbecf73009ec5678dc5a456a280d924.png

Development

Luckily neither lad had an injury this year. Well I say "lucky", but that's mostly down to the fact that both players are "very rarely injured" and both are training on low intensity to protect them.

They got quite a few updates throughout the season and ended up looking like this:

image.png.0994edd2c42a8704a326f5dff014c375.png

image.png.ba5b263a6b06009d556481ba262d2e6c.png

Both pretty decent, with more to come.

As for mentoring, they both trained with Quagliarella to start with. I canceled the mentoring as soon as the first message about decent progress arrived and both inherited Quag's Professionalism.  

Spoiler

image.png.0e1eb2aa9704da93132e6eb22eb82349.png

image.png.93fc03cc4c4f509fffe42b2feb431b1f.png

Next I assigned them both to Carrillo, planning to give them a full course, which should have resulted in +2 to Aerial. Both got +1 in the first part, but Cho got to 17 (ie equal to Carrillo) on his own, so I cancelled the mentorship (giving him Carrillo's Consistency) and assigned him to Qualiarella again.

Of course, it says that he should see no benefit, but I ignored that and waited for the next update message to arrive. When it did, I cancelled the mentorship again and Cho got a boost to Work Rate (which is what I really wanted the first time, as he starts the game as Lazy). I then assigned him back to Quags again, which is where he is right now.

As for Tel, I kept him with Carrillo until the end, getting him to 15 Aerial, then assigned him back to Quags (still there).

I didn't mentor everyone in the squad, but I did mentor anyone who showed any sign of a problem. For example, Rosas was looking after his injury rather than concentrating on the game, but I seem to have fixed that by mentoring him under Juranovic. We are going to have a well balanced, finely tuned, killing machine of a squad by the end of this save (or probably next season). 

Each mentoring improvement uses up a small amount of their CA to PA gap, but is so, so worth it...

Morale

I do have to mention that Tel was struggling to settle in at first and then later wanted to leave:

image.png.49fec54f0654ac646d7e8d6bba56b14a.png 

But I talked him out of it:

image.png.3707213e2ba54205f54ac325d9f52306.png

Surprisingly, it seems to have stuck! I'm quite used to the 'bug' where it only settles them down for 2 days before they want to leave again... But not this time.

Goals!

At last, we get on to the part that counts:

image.png.d37751df3a16cec95132aede0420de8b.png

image.png.e462ac4347da4b8333b3de5d36b2f1e7.png

42 goals for Cho and 45 for Tel, not a bad start especially given how weak the team was at the beginning. This should go steadily up over the course of the next couple of seasons.

Progress

Season Cho Tel
01 42 45
Total 42/2000 45/2000

A long, long, long, long way to go.

Thanks for reading!

15 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Impressive start Scratchy. Expecting 150 next season.

Thanks! That might be a little too high, but to actually complete this we need to get to 200 per season sooner rather than later. Really not sure if it's possible, but I'm giving it a go!