Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career An(other) DT 2K Challenge: Forza Azzurri! [SEASON 3!]

BakaSotong

@Rob came up with a nigh impossible challenge, and I, the dumbarse who's still struggling with a Triple Threat attempt, decided to make the very intelligent decision to take up yet another challenge. Because why the heck not. 

THE CLUB:
No surprises here, it's Celtic. I know, I know, nearly everyone who's done any form of goal-scoring challenge uses Celtic, hell, I'm currently using Celtic in my ongoing Triple Threat attempt (you can check that out here if you want). But hey, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em, right? As @Scratch detailed in his own write-up (it'd be rude not to link it here), it's a near-perfect club for these kinds of shenanigans:

• A very sizable budget!

• Champions League in the first season!

• 2 cups in a season = more games to play = more goals (I hope)!

• The best goalkeeper in the world, Joe Hart!

• Essentially Farmers' League (aside from Rangers)!

THE LEAGUES LOADED:

I've gone with Scotland (for obvious reasons), Spain, Germany, Italy, & Holland. The players we'll be using for the challenge are from Germany & Italy, whereas Spain was 'cause of the prospect of abusing release clauses. Holland was thrown in as a wildcard for their top-tier regens. I did debate between either Belgium or Portugal for this slot, but when Ajax's cracked youth academy exists (at least IRL, I'm not sure how good it is in FMM), it's a bit hard to turn down. 

THE TACTICS:
I ran a few trials to see whether it would work, I think it does...? At least it worked when I was testing it, we'll just have to see. Anyways:

651274565_TacticsS1.thumb.jpg.243b52e2d4de1a0ce72cde60953228ec.jpg

An adaptation of what I'm currently using for my Triple Threat attempt (you can check out that tactic over here, wow I'm really shamelessly plugging myself aren't I?), but instead of the IWBs moving into a midfield position during the attack, I decided to just flood the midfield from the get-go with 2CMs and a RP, while the IWBs become sort of a wide CB. Speaking of which, with just one CB instead of two, I decided to play it safe for now and go with the conservative pairing of a traditional GK and CD. 

THE PLAYERS:

Alright, I've wasted enough of your time talking about everything but the protagonists of this story. Without further ado:

107386283_AmadoriS0.thumb.jpg.dc12e2be1dba37c790aaaec3fbca75f8.jpg

864200392_TresoldiS0.thumb.jpg.2142046681bc0d6f84cf0a07bbce5126.jpg

Amadori comes in as the Target Forward, whereas Tresoldi comes in as the Poacher. My plan is to develop their stamina first, otherwise how are they going to be on the pitch long enough to bang in the goals? Afterwards, aerial training, and then... well, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Both of them have resilient physique, so we can crank up the intensive training on them without having to worry too much. 

Nothing too special about Amadori apart from what I've already mentioned, but for once, I've actually signed a young striker who can take set-pieces! The coach report notes that he is an "effective free-kick / penalty taker", so hopefully he'll be getting us those few extra crucial goals. 

The "reasons" why I picked them specifically is that they fit the mold of my tactic, and that they're the same nationality. Given the lofty goal we're aiming for, it's almost a necessity to take the ITN job, as much as I dislike managing national teams. Both Tresoldi and Amadori are also only 17, so they'll have many years ahead of them. As for the legitimate reason? Both of them had the same names, and I couldn't pass that up. IDK, I thought it was funny. I still think it is funny. 

== == == ==

That's as far as I'll disclose for now. I decided to take a different approach towards transfers than what I usually do for my careers. I can 100% see it coming back to bite me in the ass, but I won't know till it does... or doesn't. I'd like to say we'd see sooner rather than later, but with Chinese New Year fast encroaching upon me (and my diet, RIP fitness), it'd probably be a while before I have S1's write-up ready to go. Nevertheless, I wish everyone attempting this the best of luck, and hopefully I can spared just a little bit. I'll definitely be needing it. 

Edited by BakaSotong

Nice! I can't wait to see how you go. Both of these players were on my radar two - I think they are solid choices.

I see you have the RP in the DM position - I've heard a lot of good things about that!

Oh. I should say that personally I set my lads to Low Intensity training - might slow down the progress they get from training, but most progress comes from the games so it's not really noticable and it lowers the risk of injury during training a lot. Though as you say these two are very rarely injured.

1 hour ago, MikeF said:

Good luck mate, i'll be following this closely as kicking mine off shortly too. 

Thank you, good luck to you too! Which team / players are you going with? Or are you gonna save it for a big reveal? :3

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Nice! I can't wait to see how you go. Both of these players were on my radar two - I think they are solid choices.

I see you have the RP in the DM position - I've heard a lot of good things about that!

Oh. I should say that personally I set my lads to Low Intensity training - might slow down the progress they get from training, but most progress comes from the games so it's not really noticable and it lowers the risk of injury during training a lot. Though as you say these two are very rarely injured.

Thanks mate, hopefully the players pan out the way I want them to, fingers crossed 🤞

Yeah, I noticed a lot of "overload" tactics usually involved a midfield trio of 2BBMs on the left / right, and a RP in the middle either at CM or DM. I figured a good way to get an aggressive midfield without stealing too many chances from the strikers was to convert the BBMs to CMs, and play the RP at DM. So far it seems to be working, but it's extremely early doors, so I don't want to say anything too prematurely. 

I did do the "low intensity" training for my players in the Triple Threat challenge, but I thought I'd just leave the intense training on for now, at least until I see a noticeable drop in their condition / they start getting tired. I do sub them off at around 86 - 88% condition during matches, it'll result in a bit less game time but hopefully allows them to keep up the intense training, at least for a while more.

1 hour ago, StuartM said:

Like the player choices, i.e. they are not known to me but look like they could go really well!

TBH, I only know of them 'cause I was scrolling thru the wonderkids list and I noticed they had matching names. Happy accident, I guess =P

58 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Good luck mate. That’s an interesting choice of formation too.

Thank you! I'm just hoping the 1ATB doesn't screw me over, haven't had much luck with it in this year's game TBH. But so far things seem to be alright, hopefully the team keeps this up. 

Why all the goal scoring challenges peoples use only 1 defender?

Is there any benifit ?? Beacause whenever i used 1 defender i conceded so many goals that too when i managed chelsea forget about CELTIC 🤣 .

Best of luck for ur 2k dt . 

11 minutes ago, P.Rahul said:

Is there any benifit ?? Beacause whenever i used 1 defender i conceded so many goals that too when i managed chelsea forget about CELTIC 🤣 .

Having wingbacks and a defensive midfielder usually helps. I don’t use 1 CD though. Prefer using 2 CDs instead.

2 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Having wingbacks and a defensive midfielder usually helps. I don’t use 1 CD though. Prefer using 2 CDs instead.

I also use 2 CD i tried with 1 Cd but it is not use full against CL teams they r more creative and need 2 Cd To stop CL teams to score .

5 hours ago, P.Rahul said:

At least for me, it's just to maximize the attacking potential of the team. It is a goal-scoring challenge after all, doesn't matter how much you concede at the end of the day if you're banging in the goals. 

I also use 2 CD i tried with 1 Cd but it is not use full against CL teams they r more creative and need 2 Cd To stop CL teams to score .

I think you can still play with 1ATB and win, but you'd have to have a really good center back. Or like @broodje kip said, having wingbacks and a DM does help. It all depends on the overall quality of your squad though, and your overall tactics and how familiar they are with them, among other factors.

Yes you r right there is no problem in concede 20-30 goals extra if i can manage 20-30 more goals i was concerned about CL but which in any case very difficult to win with teams like CELTIC in 1st Season.

Edited by P.Rahul
2 hours ago, P.Rahul said:

Yes you r right there is no problem in concede 20-30 goals extra if i can manage 20-30 more goals i was concerned about CL but which in any case very difficult to win with teams like CELTIC in 1st Season.

Oh definitely, in my Triple Threat attempt I didn't even make it out of the group stage during my first 2 seasons, would be surprised if it's any different this time 'round xD

Alright, I've played up to the WC break, figured now's as good a time as any to update this thread.

WHAT’S CHANGED SINCE THE INITIAL WRITE-UP:

@Scratch was right, I noticed after a while both Amadori & Tresoldi were playing games “slightly tired”. I dropped their training back to low and it seems to be fine for now, though in the training tab it says that they’re both “being overplayed”. Should I ignore that, or rest them more? No clue. On top of that, I've also converted the Poacher role to Target Forward. I noticed Tresoldi was scoring most of the goals, so I changed him to a TF to even the goals out, after all both of ‘em need to hit 2K. Seems to be working thus far.

PRE - SEASON:

For the staff personnel, I made sure that everyone was at least silver, with natural aptitude. Sidenote, I have zero clue if their aptitude affects how good they are, at least I haven’t seen anything that might suggest it does, but I figured why not, just to be safe. For the coaches, I hired 1 attacking, 1 motivational, 1 fitness, and 1 youth coach; including me, we have 2 attacking coaches. This set-up is to get the Nicolos to grow as much as possible in every possible sector. Mixed feelings on the motivational coach though. I know they’re supposed to help with mental stats like decisions and movement, but I haven’t used them thus far this year, since I usually go with another fitness coach instead. I’ll see how the players grow in the first season, and adjust accordingly if need be. For the physios, I hired 2 prevention, 1 rehabilitation. Nothing too crazy here, this set-up here’s intended to prevent injuries from occurring as much as possible.

As for the players, I've organized them into two different line-ups, and a fixed bench. One of them is the “main” line-up, the other is weaker overall so I use it against weaker teams to rest the other team. I've also sold some of the deadwood, alongside players who would not fit the tactics. But instead of signing youngsters like I usually would, I decided to go with a different approach: Sign ready-made, older players who’d slot into the tactics easily. Few reasons why I decided to take this route instead:

• The team can instantly take off without having to wait for the players to get up to speed (aside from familiarity, which is inevitable), which would be the problem with primarily signing younger players where we’d have to wait for their stats to grow before they start performing well.
  • A lot easier to get past the issue of work permits, at least it seems that way.
  • Easier to find older players with good personality traits. Speaking of which…
  • Following (younger) signings can be mentored by these older players, giving them time to ease into the first team, while also passing down good personality traits.

So far it seems to be paying off, we’re playing really well (see below: “Current Form”), and our dynamics are absolutely ace (all As except loyalty, which is at a comfortable C). Currently, this is all the business we’ve done: 

546074522_TransfersInBeforeWC.thumb.jpg.fd747a53f53a7f36c36b414c5b556034.jpg

Tresoldi comes in for a whopping £20M, our most expensive transfer by a mile. In contrast, his compatriot Amadori only cost me £475K. Ristic is a decent left-wing option, nowhere near good enough in the long-term but while Bernabei is growing into his role, he's a good stand-in for him on the main squad. Palomino may be 32 but he's easily one of the best, if not the best CB in the league. Good in nearly everything defensively, both strong and fast, the only thing he's lacking in is passing (11) but he doesn't really need that. One hell of a bargain. Bensebaini slots in at LWB for our main squad, a decent player that can easily last us a few seasons. He can play CB as well, which is nice when you only have 2 natural ones at the club. Paulinho comes in at DM, he'll be standing in for Kelly in the weaker team while he grows into his role. Albrighton is a surprisingly great player at 33, with 18 crossing (started at 17 when I signed him, I'm surprised his stats are still able to increase at that age) he's going to be racking up the assists at RM on the main squad. Aranguiz is also another good, albeit older midfielder that comes into the main squad very comfortably. Haven't found his replacement yet though. I feel like I've signed Rosas in nearly every save, but when you can get a kid with a lot of potential at the cheap, cheap price of £1.2M, it's hard to turn down. And to round out the squad, Bravo comes in (at 39 years old!) alongside Llorente, who's responsible for mentoring the two Nicolos.

1213018149_TransfersOutBeforeWC.thumb.jpg.fdbf602b1ed54df0fc9784ff3f937437.jpg

As for the lads leaving, I tried to squeeze as much money as I could out of them. Abada & Giakoumakis leave for £21M and £18M respectively, which is a decent chunk of change. Unfortunately, no one else wanted the other players I want gone, so I had to do the "loan then convert to transfer" exploit. This meant that they went for a lot less than I'd like, but it's better than nothing, I guess. I've also loaned out some of the B team, and currently I'm trying to loan out the rest. While selling the B team players may earn us a quick buck, I’m quite happy with what I currently got, both transfer budget wise and with the current players we have. I thought it’d be smarter to loan them out and allow their stats to grow, so that they’d be worth more and hence sell for a lot more when their time comes. 

As for set pieces, I've put Tresoldi on free kicks duty to bang them in since he’s good at it, and sorted out corners so that the 2 lads will be in the box trying to head them in. Not really sure how to set them up anymore after the update nerfed the previous strategy, but for now we’ll see how it goes. I'm also not really sure how to set up free kicks in general, but as long as Tresoldi is shooting, I think we’ll be alright. 

CURRENT FORM:

616087521_LeagueBeforeWC.thumb.jpg.592014dba684d4e44ced9f3e258878e5.jpg

Not too shabby! In the league we’re leading with 14 wins & 2 draws, and in the League Cup we’ve beat Dundee 4 - 1 in the Quarter Final most recently. As for the Champions League…

1505049732_CLGroup.thumb.jpg.de0b046c1ed23f981dc17d0378cc4e99.jpg

We got Group-of-Death’ed. Atletico Madrid, Man. City, Napoli… yeah nah. I did try my best at first, but once it was mathematically impossible to get past this stage, I just used those games to rest my main players, and fielded the second / weaker team. Funny enough, this got us our only win in the group stage, against Napoli with a scrappy 1 - 0 win. 

1462993038_GoalsBeforeWC.thumb.jpg.8d7941a88c0e3c286e1bef42f6aa6bd8.jpg

On the goal-scoring end, we have 26 goals between the Nicolos. Not too shabby I guess? I’m not sure what the benchmark is, but I think it’s alright. 

FUTURE PLANS:

I plan to sell even more players. Players that don’t fit the tactic as well as I’d like (sorry Furuhashi) or just aren’t good enough I want out in January, followed by whoever wants my players from the B team if I need the extra cash. Ideally I'd like to replace them with youth players, but I’m currently struggling to find players I can afford that actually have decent potential. Worst comes to worst, loanees aren’t too shabby an idea, though I’d like to avoid that as much as possible. I'm also going to start scouting for positions where either it’s being padded out by loanees, or the elderly older players that are bound to decline. GKs take priority as Bravo & Hart are 39 & 35 respectively, followed by our WMs since those positions on the bench are currently being occupied by loanees. 

As for the facilities / staff, if I have transfer budget leftover, I'll ask the board to improve ‘em. I already did several times before & during the season, but they kept rejecting me. Hopefully with the good run of form, they’ll change their mind. Youth facilities are also subpar but I’m not sure if they’re important, at least ATM. Not too worried about improving them for now. I also definitely want to get more, if not all of the staff to gold. I’ll put them through the exam, if they don’t pass I’ll fire and rehire as necessary, budget willing. 

== == == == 

I think that's all for now, hopefully I didn't miss out anything! LMK what you guys think, thanks for reading!

Edited by BakaSotong

Only four goals is concerning but it’s the first season so long way to go. I’d suggest resting 1-3 games if you see ‘being overplayed’. Seems to affect their development and injury frequency from my experience.

Edited by broodje kip
13 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Only four goals is concerning but it’s the first season so long way to go. I’d suggest resting 1-3 games if you see ‘being overplayed’. Seems to affect their development and injury frequency from my experience.

Yeah, 4 goals is really disappointing, but he's currently going through a "below average form" phase. He was also playing as a TF while Tresoldi was a poacher before I switched the tactics up, so maybe he was feeding goals to him rather than scoring them. At the very least, Tresoldi seems to be compensating for both of them, but I hope Amadori starts performing sooner rather than later.

And thanks for the tip! I'll give that a go and see if it helps any.

Edited by BakaSotong
3 hours ago, BakaSotong said:

Oh definitely, in my Triple Threat attempt I didn't even make it out of the group stage during my first 2 seasons, would be surprised if it's any different this time 'round xD

I rest my main players in every CL games .. if u want to win CL than u have to choose form top 2 teams of Epl Spain France,germany and italy .

I rest my main players in every CL games .. if u want to win CL than u have to choose form top 2 teams of Epl Spain France,germany and italy .

I don’t think it’s necessary. I often manage to win the CL in the second or third season with Celtic.

Rest of the season has been wrapped up, lemme catch you guys up to speed.

JANUARY TRANSFER WINDOW:

• A few things I've tweaked that I think are worth mentioning, before I jump into the business we did:
    • I was previously training my strikers as Complete Forwards and my DMs as Roaming Playmakers; I’ve changed their regimes to Target Forwards and Deep Lying Playmakers respectively. I figured that instead of being average at everything, it’d be better to focus on just the important stats, making them grow faster. I’m not sure if it works that way, but we’ll see IG. Anyone with more game knowledge than me, I'd love to hear if this is genuinely the case.
    • I’ve also tweaked the corner tactics. Hopefully next season we’ll be getting more goals from there.
  • Alright, now to get into the juicy stuff, i.e who's left, and who's arrived:
    • IN: OUT:
      Alvaro Sanz (Villarreal; £12M)

Kyogo Furuhasi (Viktoria Plzen; £6.25M)

Fede San Emeterio (Cadiz; £6.5M) Reo Hatate (Viktoria Plzen; £5.5M)
      Inigo (Racing de Santander; £4.7M) David Turnbull (West Brom; £4.7M)
      Alvaro Rodriguez (Real Madrid; £3.2M) Aaron Mooy (FK Partizan; £3.2M)
      Graziano Pelle (Free Agent) Yosuke Ideguchi (FC Emmen; £2.7M)

Conor Hazard (Anderlecht; £1.6M)

• Most of the transfers were 1-for-1 exchanges for either younger players, or players better suited to the tactics I'm employing. Hatate for Sanz, Mooy for Emeterio, so on and so forth. Turnbull and Hazard were leftovers from when we were purging players in the summer, whereas Pelle comes in mostly to mentor Rodriguez, though he does occasionally come off the bench.

Did all the business pay off? Well... (drumroll please)

PERFORMANCE:

224471075_LeaguePerformance.thumb.jpg.13eafeed08f8a82ad9ad3ad6d7e6da2e.jpg

No alarms, and no surprises here, we won the league. Very impressively so, might I add :3

We nearly went flawless as well, Rangers just had to give us our only loss in the league... unfortunately, this isn't the last instance of them screwing us over.

1610262443_GDIScottishCup.thumb.jpg.ed21ee64ac908d8b6466de92b55e735b.jpg

We lost to them again early in the Scottish Cup, costing us additional games. Games where we could have scored more! Shame that penalties didn't go our way, I thought we played fairly well throughout the match.

45497137_LeagueCupW(1).thumb.jpg.4bb3aad97b0911703d043c9a78f24685.jpg

Nevertheless, we did at least win more silverware in the form of the League Cup. We pocketed Hibernian in the final, putting 4 goals past them. Though only one of them came from our 2 strikers (.-.)

1979225128_GoalsS1.thumb.jpg.4bc7cb911cdf266abe1e64f94e35e247.jpg

Overall, we got 56 goals between the Nicolos. Honestly, I'm quite disappointed, I was expecting at least 60+ goals, if not 70+. I know it's the first season and all, things take a while to get going. Fair enough. But we're going to have to ramp things up immediately if we wanna remotely stand a chance of beating this challenge.

THE LADS:

904789498_AmadoriS1.thumb.jpg.de11ca5870f99244ce2bc6d90955d466.jpg

+1 in Aerial & Shooting; +2 in Dribbling, Passing & Technique; +3 in Movement, Pace & Stamina; +4 in Decisions, Strength & Teamwork. Impressive growth from him, though I wish his Aerial & Shooting improved by more. Nevertheless he seems to be on the right track, as long as he keeps this up he'll be a deadly threat.

1177614183_TresoldiS1.thumb.jpg.94091a53837ff435fc7afd74fbc4050f.jpg

Generally the same sentiments for Tresoldi. +1 in Decisions, Pace, Passing, Shooting, and Teamwork; +2 in Aerial & Dribbling; +4 in Movement & Stamina; +5 in Strength. On the right track as well, his Aerial & Shooting also need work. But at least he scored 14 more goals than Amadori, so I can't complain too much. 

TL; DR:

AMADORI: 21 goals in 47 games; TRESOLDI: 35 goals in 48 games; TOTAL: 56 / 4000 goals.

I'd wager we're very much off the pace here. Hopefully next season will be better, but as it stands we have a lot of work ahead of us.

== == == ==

I don't have too many remarks, but I'd like to say that I'm open to feedback on the way I write these... well, write-ups, I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Anyways, hope you guys enjoyed, have a nice day! 

Edited by BakaSotong
5 hours ago, BakaSotong said:

I was previously training my strikers as Complete Forwards and my DMs as Roaming Playmakers; I’ve changed their regimes to Target Forwards and Deep Lying Playmakers respectively. I figured that instead of being average at everything, it’d be better to focus on just the important stats, making them grow faster. I’m not sure if it works that way, but we’ll see IG. Anyone with more game knowledge than me, I'd love to hear if this is genuinely the case

Personally, I’d prefer to have a (two in this case) more all round striker. It increases the chance of your striker scoring goals in different scenarios. Beating defenders or receiving from a goal kick for instance. It’s the same for midfielders and defenders too. While some stats aren’t as important as others, it’s quite essential to have more rounded players in the future.

Anyway, that’s a very good jump in goal tally. Brilliant season. KIU.

Celtic is certainly a popular pick this year. Hope you can keep the lads onboard once they become superstars and smell mainland Europe money 🤑

On 23/01/2023 at 06:59, broodje kip said:

Personally, I’d prefer to have a (two in this case) more all round striker. It increases the chance of your striker scoring goals in different scenarios. Beating defenders or receiving from a goal kick for instance. It’s the same for midfielders and defenders too. While some stats aren’t as important as others, it’s quite essential to have more rounded players in the future.

Anyway, that’s a very good jump in goal tally. Brilliant season. KIU.

Thanks man! And yea, you do raise a point about the training. Honestly I think that I'm either being impatient or indecisive (maybe even both) when it comes to seeing growth in my strikers, I'm halfway through season 2 and I keep switching back and forth on CF and TF. I might just stick with CF and not think about it too much xD

Speaking of "halfway through season 2", is it just me or is there always some mid-season slump in form? Or am I just missing something? In every season I've played in my Triple Threat save and so far in this save, it feels like my strikers suddenly forget how to score for a few months after the transfer window closes. 

On 24/01/2023 at 14:34, P.Rahul said:

Nice no 56 is still very good total i only managed 42 goals in 1st Season although my target is just complete DT . 

It's definitely trickier than I thought it would be, regardless of the end-goal. Good luck man, you got this!

59 minutes ago, BakaSotong said:

always some mid-season slump in form? Or am I just missing something?

Thought I’m the only one to have experienced it 😅

Perhaps it’s something that only happens early in the game and will fade away once the team is world class.

Nice start, the lads will keep getting better from here! 

I always train them as TF only, because that has the attributes I care most about (Aerial, Shooting, Movement) and doesn't 'waste' so much on other things. They'll level up on other things anyway, but I want them to concentrate on those 3 things (and Pace which I switch back and forward between as Target Attribute). 

Of course that is for my way of playing, which is lots of crosses and lots of headed goals. I do sometime wonder if I should concentrate more on passing and creativity so they play better together? I might find out this time as my two lads seem to level up that sort of stuff even as TFs...

As for the halfway slump, that's real, but generally I switch my tactic a little and it seems to be less of a problem. In my head (not sure if it's real), I put it down to the game deciding that teams will have gotten used to you a little by then, so you need to freshen it up a bit. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyway, nice start, hope you have a big season coming up!

On 25/01/2023 at 16:59, broodje kip said:

Thought I’m the only one to have experienced it 😅

Perhaps it’s something that only happens early in the game and will fade away once the team is world class.

It's still happening to me 7, 8 seasons on for my TT attempt, albeit to a lesser degree (instead of 3, 4 goals per game it'd drop to 1, 2 goals). shrug Honestly I'm stumped, at this point I've accepted that I can't do much about it.

On 25/01/2023 at 18:12, Scratch said:

I always train them as TF only, because that has the attributes I care most about (Aerial, Shooting, Movement) and doesn't 'waste' so much on other things. They'll level up on other things anyway, but I want them to concentrate on those 3 things (and Pace which I switch back and forward between as Target Attribute). 

Of course that is for my way of playing, which is lots of crosses and lots of headed goals. I do sometime wonder if I should concentrate more on passing and creativity so they play better together? I might find out this time as my two lads seem to level up that sort of stuff even as TFs...

Well, my strategy revolves around the same mentality as yours, so for now I'll stick with training them as TFs, I guess. I mean, so far they've been growing the way I want them to, don't see a reason to fix what ain't broke. That being said, I've also been trying to train their Pace & Strength 'cause I'd imagine it'd help them bully past defenders, though I'm not sure if in-game those stats play a big part. Anyone know if that's the case?

Anyways, I'm nearly done w/ season 2, currently entering March RN as I'm writing this up. Hopefully I can get it out by this weekend!

Edited by BakaSotong
9 hours ago, BakaSotong said:

That being said, I've also been trying to train their Pace & Strength 'cause I'd imagine it'd help them bully past defenders, though I'm not sure if in-game those stats play a big part

I think Pace is really important too. I often train them on Pace (about 50% on Aerial, 50% on Pace. rotating so don't hit any slowdown from the game for one of those attributes). Just didn't mention it it because it's not automatically focused on by many of the roles (maybe Poacher? but I don't think it increases much unless you focus on it). 

And I'll definitely take strength if I can get it