Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Glasghøj Celtic: A Danish Invasion

Lagom

Inspired by everyone's new favourite challenge, though I will not be attempting it in it's current format, as I just don't have anywhere near the level of expertise as some of the others who are undertaking it!

Where my own challenge differs, is that instead of attempting a 2x 2K, I will be attempting a 1x 2K, 2x 1K. Like many others, and for very similar reasons, I have chosen to settle in Glasgow, though rather than simply crossing Hadrian's Wall, me and my newfound compatriots will be making a full on invasion via the North Sea.

Spoiler

IMG_7610.thumb.PNG.76012dddeccc1afac47559ddd5683687.PNG

With a late-life change of name and nationality, I arrive in Glasgow to put down roots, with plans to be the catalyst for a wholesale change in the atmosphere and culture of this historic club. I will only be bringing my own countrymen to the club, and that journey begins with the 3 men responsible for taking on this mighty challenge..

Firstly, my 2K goals warrior:

Spoiler

IMG_7612.thumb.PNG.234a3fd58bc30775964bdf37c7adaecd.PNG

Rasmus Højlund. A huge prospect, 19 years of age, and beginning with an already very good Aerial stat, he's an ideal candidate for a challenge like this one. It took more than a little fudging of budgets to get such a player to agree to leave Serie A to start the revolution, but a generous offer, and the prospect of Liel Abada in return for Atalanta saw Rasmus become the first player on board.

Secondly, the contender for 1K goals:

Spoiler

IMG_7613.thumb.PNG.46bfa766ed2f712a57bdb09e3929cbe2.PNG

Younger brother Emil, another who begins with a respectable Aerial stat, especially at 17 years of age. While he is two years younger, and should play for a couple seasons longer than Rasmus, my tactical set-up I feel with favour the older brother more kindly, and so I've set Emil the target of 1K goals. Hopefully achievable, otherwise I'll be wasting a hell of a lot of time on this challenge for no reason!

Lastly, taking on the challenge of 1K assists:

Spoiler

IMG_7614.thumb.PNG.2ec6a28a734d427fee5116304245be9a.PNG

Emil's twin brother, Oscar. I think we could all see where this was going! Oscar is in a slightly different mould to that of his brothers, and so I've decided to set him a different, if also extremely challenging target, 1K assists. I fear the role Oscar will be playing, he may be playing significantly less games than the others will make his target a tough one to reach

Stay tuned, there may, or may not be, some future updates as I progress on this bastard of a challenge.

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

Wow that's quite a lot of challenges to take on. Good Luck.

Yeah, I'm quickly thinking it was a bit of a stretch

35 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

This'll be over in a jiffy.

At the rate I'm going, I won't get the lot of them to 2k between them, let alone 4k

On 23/01/2023 at 19:26, Lagom said:

At the rate I'm going, I won't get the lot of them to 2k between them, let alone 4k

Yeah, this is pretty much impossible and we are all running around like rats while @Rob plays his pipe! Still, I really like what you're doing here. Hope you keep going!

5 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, this is pretty much impossible and we are all running around like rats while @Rob plays his pipe! Still, I really like what you're doing here. Hope you keep going!

I've made an error, which I mentioned in the actual challenge thread. I've only just realised that international goals scored under your management are not counted in the season summary. I've been managing Denmark for 2-3 seasons and have been guilty of not taking screenshots, so I've not got accurate numbers for any of the 3 players. It probably only accounts for 5-15 goals per season for each, but I may have to begin again on the challenge with that in mind.

22 minutes ago, Lagom said:

I've made an error, which I mentioned in the actual challenge thread. I've only just realised that international goals scored under your management are not counted in the season summary. I've been managing Denmark for 2-3 seasons and have been guilty of not taking screenshots, so I've not got accurate numbers for any of the 3 players. It probably only accounts for 5-15 goals per season for each, but I may have to begin again on the challenge with that in mind.

You can use the ITN goals number from their main profile page - but you can only count ITN goals under your management, so you need a screenshot from just after you took over. If you don't have one, you might need to use the next screenshot after that, so you might miss out on a few, but can still claim the majority.

Eg, when you took over Rasmus had 5 ITN Goals showing his main profile screen, but you didn't get a screenshot so you can't prove it. However, you have a screenshot from the end of the season showing 10 ITN goals for him. Now he is showing 30 ITN goals - so you can claim the 20 (ie the difference between the screenshots). 

In case it helps, this is how I calculated it back in the day (work out club goals based on history, then ITN based on profile):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.df3b6773374aeb6bb5ba6a35c1a52125.png

2 hours ago, StuartM said:

Gutting! Single striker tactic for a couple of months?

Nah, you can't... That's the first rule Rob outlined:

"Play a DT (double trouble) formation. This is a formation with two strikers AT ALL TIMES. No switching to single striker tactics if a player is injured"

But you could make one of them more of a support role. Like at times I've used a more defensive midfielder retrained in the striker position, then playing as a PF, which can help make goals for the main striker. A defensive midfielder because I found strikers were more likely to score than set up goals. 

But anyway, 7 months is super harsh. I only once had one that long for my challenge player and I ended up packing it in...

57 minutes ago, Scratch said:

"Play a DT (double trouble) formation. This is a formation with two strikers AT ALL TIMES. No switching to single striker tactics if a player is injured"

But you could make one of them more of a support role. Like at times I've used a more defensive midfielder retrained in the striker position, then playing as a PF, which can help make goals for the main striker. A defensive midfielder because I found strikers were more likely to score than set up goals. 

But anyway, 7 months is super harsh. I only once had one that long for my challenge player and I ended up packing it in...

Ah yes, good job you are on it Scratch... top tip again there too.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

It's not even the longest injury I've had in this save, sadly, my starting CB, and I believe my transfer record at the time, was sidelined for 10 months with cruciate ligament damage.