Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career DT Double 2k Challenge - All aboard the Alvaro Ferri

deepheat83

So @Rob has gone and done it again, 2 strikers, 2k goals each.

Surely this is near on impossible.

The big question is what do we go for?

Do I return to Celtic where I've just completed my 3k Endrick challenge or do I go elsewhere?

Open to suggestions for a good team in a weak league.

Obviously the Scottish league has it's charm as there are 2 cups and 38 league games a season.

Do any other leagues world wide offer such competition, other than the English?

I've already decided on my 2 strikers I will be using, assuming I can purchase them both:

Alvaro Rodriguez from Real Madrid B (£3.7m release clause)

Nacho Ferri (Old faithful from FMM22 3k challenge)

Also hoping I can fill out my team with some other release clause gems from Spain, looking at you @Scratch for any ideas?

Also any hot tips on a relatively cheap forward I can use for aerial training would be a great help???

If nobody else has any other ideas for a team to go, I may just opt to go against the grain and pick Rangers just for something different.

Anyway, I hope to start over the weekend so all input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers troops

Edited by deepheat83

I will go with prem this time around with this challenge. I dare  u to join me with prem 👌

Edited by fRESH

Enzo Boyomo (Albacete) and Leandro Morgalla (1860 Munchen in Germany- no release clause, club demands 2.3 million euros) are good centrebacks. I bought Willot Swedenberg (13m release clause at Vigo) and Filip Krastev (no release clause- Bulgarian Midfielder at Lommel for around 4 million in my previous save.

added 0 minutes later
3 hours ago, deepheat83 said:

Do I return to Celtic where I've just completed my 3k Endrick challenge or do I go elsewhere?

Obviously the Scottish league has it's charm as there are 2 cups and 38 league games a season.

I've already decided on my 2 strikers I will be using, assuming I can purchase them both:

Also hoping I can fill out my team with some other release clause gems from Spain, looking at you @Scratch for any ideas?

Also any hot tips on a relatively cheap forward I can use for aerial training would be a great help???

If nobody else has any other ideas for a team to go, I may just opt to go against the grain and pick Rangers just for something different.

Anyway, I hope to start over the weekend so all input would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers troops

Good luck

6 hours ago, deepheat83 said:

Cheers troops

Celtic is still probably the best team to use for these kinds of challenges, especially for one as hard as this. But if you want ideas for a different team... hm. I've seen people use Beijing but it's quite an unfamiliar league for most, other than that maybe Porto / Sporting / Benfica in the Portuguese League? I'm not too sure. Rangers is a really good option as well actually, BTW. 

Regardless of which team you pick, ATB man! I like your choice of strikers, I actually signed Alvaro as a back-up striker in my current challenge, so far he's been decent. 

Sooooo. Little update for you.

I loaded up scottish league. 

No unlockables. By the end of the 1st transfer window I didn't manage to sign either of my targets.

Makes me feel like I am heading to la liga. Not ideas for games per season but at least I'll be able to sign them.

Never really done a Spanish save.

Who's the best club to start with, real or barca?

Damn, that's a shame! Doing it in La Liga will definitely make it more interesting, but also, well much more hard... I really feel like for this one, Scotland is necessary, because the target is insanely difficult. 

Leaving that aside as it's probably too late now (sorry, been busy!), I'd probably go Barca, but there's probably not that much difference between them. 

Anyway good luck with this one!

42 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Damn, that's a shame! Doing it in La Liga will definitely make it more interesting, but also, well much more hard... I really feel like for this one, Scotland is necessary, because the target is insanely difficult. 

Leaving that aside as it's probably too late now (sorry, been busy!), I'd probably go Barca, but there's probably not that much difference between them. 

Anyway good luck with this one!

I am still undecided on which league.

I started Scottish but couldnt get work permits.

Then I loaded Spanish but couldn't settle on a formation.

I've got back to Scotland for the time being and working on a new tactic / revisiting an old one.

Just trying to tinker with it to get more out of it.

Getting plenty of crosses but not enough accuracy.

Also seems to be left hand heavy so trying to even things out.  Always find that though, even if you play central or down both wings they tend to play a lot more towards one side for some reason

26 minutes ago, deepheat83 said:

I am still undecided on which league.

I started Scottish but couldnt get work permits.

Then I loaded Spanish but couldn't settle on a formation.

I've got back to Scotland for the time being and working on a new tactic / revisiting an old one.

Just trying to tinker with it to get more out of it.

Getting plenty of crosses but not enough accuracy.

Also seems to be left hand heavy so trying to even things out.  Always find that though, even if you play central or down both wings they tend to play a lot more towards one side for some reason

Something I found with testing a while back is that there is a correlation between PA and getting a work permit - so if they aren't getting a work permit, maybe their PA is a bit too low in this year's version (or maybe they just spawned low in this particular save). It's not always just their PA, it's reputation etc, but players with high PA are more likely to get work permits even if they have no caps etc.

So... maybe try a new save and see if they spawn high enough to get a work permit? Or maybe pick new strikers? Or you know, skip this whole challenge and go straight to the "how many 1KCs can you do in 30 seasons" one! 😀 That's what I would have done if I hadn't already started.

I know what you mean about the sides. I've never proven it, but I had a theory it started with the quality of the players at the back. If your RWB is stronger than you LWB, more balls will go down the right. And then same all the way down the line (CM, RW), if the stronger players are on one side, then it goes there more often. So you want to balance it. Or what I was doing was unbalancing it so it went down one side and one player could get all the assists! But I never proved that so it might be my imagination!