Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Walking Dead Formations

BatiGoal

51 minutes ago, Kanegan said:

Both formations did work but I personally would like the 4-2-4 to work. Will play and let you know my update.

Cool, please do let me know.

Spoiling 0 for the next update, but... is this the year of the 1 or 2 CB backline?? 🤔

The Walking Dead Formations

Third Formation: 2-2-1-5 BG's Knock-Out (TKO) - (2017)

332426028_Screenshot_20230128-2310012.thumb.png.394cc757d6e69c01be6499aba63dca04.png

A forward's dream, a goalkeeper's nightmare. 😂

Here's the TKO. Ages ago I wrote an article about old formations, the evolution of it and why in the modern game they're no longer used. The very first formation was believed to be the 1-2-7. I tried replicating this but that failed miserably. Tho the closest I came to a highly highly offensive tactic (and make it work too) was this 2-2-1-5. Only with world-class players, but it worked. Clean sheets became a myth and 0-0 scorelines only seen in history books since the introduction of the TKO.

What Went Wrong

2029494690_Screenshot_20230128-2330284.thumb.png.e02d93dec5233acd927053d01eeac85e.png

A picture tells more than a thousand words. It's quite clear what goes wrong here and as a matter of fact, I'm not surprised. It's actually what this tactic is all about. The moment the ball is passed we're outnumbered and pretty much every opponent we faced had at least 1 extra forward vs our 2 central defenders, poor sods. We knew this would happen and continues to happen, but the trick is to minimize the damage and count on the many forwards to turn their numerical advantage up front into goals. Just one more than the opponent will do.

What Went Right 

1597719550_Screenshot_20230128-2304553.thumb.png.c7df1d3dd1260ea9106f222b2a1460b2.png

Having an overload of players in the opponent's box, that's what went right. Really, from the 4 formations this is probably the most simplistic of them all. There isn't much tactical thought behind this system other than just positioning - as seen in the above picture - 5 blood-thirsty hyenas near the goal to pick up the rebound and finish it off. The main "dilemma" I've had with these tactics is the assignment of the best player roles to the front 5. The original front 5 in 2017 consisted of IF/CF/AF/DLF/IF. In 2023 I've opted for the IF-CF-P-PF-IF combination. This test lasted 14 games, that's not nearly enough to find a definitive conclusion, so maybe you have a go and test things out?

Results

Screenshot_20230129-000956.thumb.png.364426049e4a29c255e6f3168c1e5dd1.png

Screenshot_20230129-000922.thumb.png.f805cd089aaff1df5136a1df19d7ba20.png

Screenshot_20230129-001005.thumb.png.0dd68a6139212ef6c104a914777c636e.png

We did good here I think. I'm just delighted we lasted more than 5 games without a loss. We got a run of 13 before we lost 1 so that's really good. The first two formations generated 2-ish goals scored per game. Now we're getting 3 to 4-ish. However, the players have improved a fair bit from then since now so we need to take that into consideration as well. Here's what I'm most surprised about tho, why do we concede so little? Playing 2 defenders!!! We conceded way more back in 2017. I'm not at all surprised now seeing 1-CB formations doing so well around the many careers here on Vibe. Is 2023 the year of the 1 and 2 Def systems, certainly seems like it.

We did lose eventually, so it's on to our fourth and last formation: 3-4-3 Cruijff's Diamond (2018/19) I'm cautiously optimistic with just 6 games left and (in theory) this formation should do well. Tho 1 more loss ends the career and we know FMM loves throwing curve balls when we least expect it.

If you have any questions or want to see additional info regarding this tactic, team shape / instructions, player roles or stats, feel free to ask.

See you at the next loss ..

That's a really good run! FMM does seem to reward very attacking formations rather than punish them... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know the whole point is to test the old formation, not change it, but I'd be moving to one CD and one CM and moving the two spare players to IWBs. But maybe that's a test for some time in the future. 

As for the 1 CB thing, that's not a FMM23 thing, I've been rolling like that since my John Charles TT in FMM20, although I didn't write it up as a tactic until FMM21: 

I haven't been able to go back to anything less attacking since then (well for 1KCs I drop two of the strikers back to CMs, but it's all a permutation of that). 

I almost sort of wish it wouldn't work anymore, although I guess I'd miss the goal gluts. I did write the tactic up in part so I could show Marc Vaughan, but he didn't nerf it. I guess most users won't even try that sort of stupid thing, only crazy guys like yours truly and the BG... 🤣

Anyway, onwards to the next tactic. Hope it gets you through the last 6 games. Looks a little defensive if you ask me! 😀

25 minutes ago, Scratch said:

I know the whole point is to test the old formation, not change it, but I'd be moving to one CD and one CM and moving the two spare players to IWBs. But maybe that's a test for some time in the future. 

Exactly, there'll be tests after this short career to see if with a few minor adaptions I can create something new, something more . . . 2023-ish 😁

On 27/01/2023 at 12:17, BatiGoal said:

Time to get this career underway.

The Walking Dead Formations

Club: Atalanta - very nice and large starting squad and perfectly capable of playing the 4 formations needed for this challenge.

Transfers: None. No need. Good squad depth already. Not wasting time shopping.

First Formation: 4-2-4 Grande Torino - GTO (2015)

207324147_Screenshot_20230127-1251212.thumb.png.a574f49a928bcc1974c4709b05e22a1a.png

It's a great style for those who like end-to-end stuff. At times a manager's nightmare to get consistency out of it. Here's why - you're pretty much always going to get outnumbered in midfield. So we basically don't want the ball to be spending too much time there as that's not to our advantage. It's too big a risk and losing possession there guarantees big trouble. Our strength lies at both ends, not the middle, so we want to skip the middle part. Or at least minimize the dangers thru quick and direct play / passes before the opponent has time to (re)organize. It works, and it doesn't 😆 let's have a look at what went wrong & what went right.

What Went Wrong

2048464361_Screenshot_20230127-0218482.thumb.png.81b3d51171a0dd7911d87cdceb071a0b.png

There's a couple, but the one I need to highlight is the main one. Fix this and you're on your way to creating a solid and promising formation. You're always outnumbered in midfield, pretty much in every game. There's no denying in this and probably most of you saw that straightaway. There's no team facing you with a single player in midfield, which means you're in most cases up against 3, 4 or 5 midfielders. Even tho there's a way around this, (more on this in a minute) being outnumbered 2 to 5 as shown in the picture, it almost begs you to have to play a different system when facing 4-5-1 or 3-5-2 adversaries. You're under pressure and fail to create enough chances for your strikers. Imo, the safest solution is to add 1 or 2 players otherwise you're just inviting the opposition to come at you and get shots on target. That's what went wrong eventually and that's why I lost (not this game in particular but v Udinese, a team that efficiently exploited the gaping gap and killed me with a last-minute winner) - if you do like this formation and insist on using it most of the time, consider playing 3-3-4 (push def up) or 4-3-3 (pull forward back) when up against a quality 5-midfield side. From the start or in 2nd half depending how things work for you. Back in 2015 I had to because my challenge was to emulate IL Grande Torino and it worked beautifully.

What Went Right 

1364702914_Screenshot_20230127-0159102.thumb.png.0b4d7d7125ad3b8a0e1285ba0b38dcbc.png

Addressing the weak point went right, to a certain extent of course. And that's very clear in the picture, we're no longer outnumbered in the middle of the park if we're instructing the IWBs to push forward and go inside to support midfield. We're very much a 2-4-4 at this point. So using the player roles to strengthen our weak point (even the Pressing Forward was in midfield parts of the game to give us 5 in center) is a great way to maintain 4 players on both ends in large parts of the game. Defense has looked solid throughout, not conceding overly much and Forwards have had decent amount of time on the ball creating and scoring, with better players we'd have gotten better numbers there, more chances -> more goals.

Another positive I've seen is that even without high press, just having the presence of 4 forwards near the opposition goal makes it harder for their defenders to start any decent build up from the back. This became particularly clear to me v Milan in a pre-season friendly, they were the much better side. My front 4 disrupted their build up to prevent our mids from being overrun everytime. When they did succeed tho we were in trouble and would've lost easily had this match up been later in the season with their more in form strikers in front of our goal. Now with subs up to 5 it's just perfect to rotate the front 4 and keep energy levels high near their goal. Add -high press- to that and imagine the mistakes you force upon teams wanting to create from the back. The GK more often that not yanks a long ball which gives us a 50-50 opportunity to reclaim it. In all, with quality players all-round and more player role tweaks in the right places at the right games this actually might work wonders again.

Results

Screenshot_20230127-110147.thumb.png.5501d2d5921780701d567416872f28e3.png

Screenshot_20230127-110207.thumb.png.a22d63209ca49d7a25b7fb49bc2f4878.png

Screenshot_20230127-110350.thumb.png.3709b1b0beca0bc2b3d479ac974aec71.png

Can we consider this a success, well, no we can't. And I say that because this tactic was originally designed to score many more goals than we did. We did win a fair number of games, but we play a front 4 for a reason. It's intended for 1k, 2k or beyond challenges with multiple forwards. We scored goals but not the plethora we were hoping for. Back in 2015 when I did score better with this style I had 2 monsters in the center circle connecting both ends. They were tireless intelligent brutes with a touch of magic. They were strong enough to not necessarily outplay 4 or 5 men they were up against, but not being dominated either. That's the crux of a successful 4-2-4, don't seek for midfield domination - you won't - just make sure your 2 mid-men nullify their "numerical advantage" and you win the battle as you've got more numbers on either end of the pitch. We created a lot more, which is what we lacked in almost every game today. Having said that, I wouldn't this quickly write it off either after a single loss. Those things can happen easily in a game, especially considering the risk this formation brings. So not bad I'd say for a "dead" 4-2-4 but as per the challenge rules, we lost 1 game so we must move on to the second formation: 4-1-4-1 Classic BatiGoals (2016) I'm excited!!

If you have any questions or want to see additional info regarding this tactic, team shape / instructions, player roles or stats, feel free to ask.

See you at the next loss ..

I think ive tried every variation of this tactict over last years as i have flirted with a idea to go for 4*1k challenge. I think i was pretty close last year, havent found that working well this year.

9 minutes ago, BakaSotong said:

@BatiGoal Just out of curiosity, did you run attacking or overload (or one of the other ones) mentality for the 4-2-4 & 2-2-1-5? 

4-2-4 : attacking (home), control (away)

2-2-1-5 : Overload (home), attacking (away)

I usually do it this way in my first 2-3 seasons getting to know the players, fine-tuning the system and building the squad to dominate the opponent.

Once we're at "full strength" I just go attack mentality in 90% of the game. If laden with injuries, out of form players, a final etc. I drop it down to control.

3 hours ago, fRESH said:

I think ive tried every variation of this tactict over last years as i have flirted with a idea to go for 4*1k challenge. I think i was pretty close last year, havent found that working well this year.

It should generate more goals, no doubt, but tho these Atalanta players are quite decent no player would make the ideal front 5 I have in mind. This tactic leaks like a sieve so one needs to make sure the front players are world-class and every chance counts.

Having said that, tho we scored less than expected for obvious reasons, we also conceded much less. So don't give up on finding a working formation consisting of few(er) defensive player, because from the early looks of it this year's game is very mild on punishing thinned out back lines. 

3 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

4-2-4 : attacking (home), control (away)

2-2-1-5 : Overload (home), attacking (away)

I usually do it this way in my first 2-3 seasons getting to know the players, fine-tuning the system and building the squad to dominate the opponent.

Once we're at "full strength" I just go attack mentality in 90% of the game. If laden with injuries, out of form players, a final etc. I drop it down to control.

Ah ok, thanks. Am taking a break from the DT save and testing out something with the 4-2-4, wanted to see what you were running with as a point of reference. It's early doors (only 8 games in), but so far, things seem to be pretty good ;3

This may be a dumb question BTW, but are players' performances affected by whether they play at home / away? I hadn't even thought to think that that might be a thing in-game TBH xD

EDIT: I'm running Atalanta as well, and I gotta say: Is Mario Pasalic just hard-coded to be an ass? He keeps saying he wants to move on from the club, even after I've talked to him, like... 4, 5 times at this point. I've even given him a better contract, and teh day after he signed it he started complaining again. (-_-)

Edited by BakaSotong
4 minutes ago, BakaSotong said:

This may be a dumb question BTW, but are players' performances affected by whether they play at home / away? I hadn't even thought to think that that might be a thing in-game TBH xD

Based on my experience, yes.

45 minutes ago, BakaSotong said:

Good question, the reason I play slightly less attacking away is because I often see the opponents opting for more attacking endeavors and vice versa when I'm the host. 

But you're asking if the players themselves have this cautious mindset.. v more confident at home. Geez, I too haven't really thought about that. I'd like to think that surely has to be a personality trait. As in... Ambitious player, thrives in big games, buckles under pressure etc etc not sure @Scratch has done any experiments (if even possible) on that. 

But so I guess my answer would be yes then??, but to varying degrees based on age, experience and stage / game. 

54 minutes ago, BakaSotong said:

EDIT: I'm running Atalanta as well, and I gotta say: Is Mario Pasalic just hard-coded to be an ass? He keeps saying he wants to move on from the club, even after I've talked to him, like... 4, 5 times at this point. I've even given him a better contract, and teh day after he signed it he started complaining again. (-_-)

😂 That's funny, yes he's an idiot. This is him in my save ..

Spoiler

Screenshot_20230130-144616.thumb.png.ed75bd41a5f815c8330b74ceb61adb7c.png

Screenshot_20230130-144706.thumb.png.5c72a744308515e9650c647f06004c94.png

Screenshot_20230130-144640.thumb.png.4b32ac638f003b5dd4df5d9450964aef.png

He thinks he's much better than he really is, demanding first team football etc etc. Has barely improved in one season - altho I haven't even entered the training page. He's no more that a sub in my squad, just enough time on the pitch to shut him up. If I were playing a long-term career he'd be the first to go 👍

1 hour ago, BakaSotong said:

Is Mario Pasalic just hard-coded to be an ass?

I just noticed his personality trait: demanding 😂 right, good info to have when signing new players.

4 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

It should generate more goals, no doubt, but tho these Atalanta players are quite decent no player would make the ideal front 5 I have in mind. This tactic leaks like a sieve so one needs to make sure the front players are world-class and every chance counts.

Having said that, tho we scored less than expected for obvious reasons, we also conceded much less. So don't give up on finding a working formation consisting of few(er) defensive player, because from the early looks of it this year's game is very mild on punishing thinned out back lines. 

It should generate much more goals than it does right now, atleast for me. Lasy year i had no problem generating 4gpg with 2-2-2-4 or 424.  This only means 1 thing, back to the training ground and work more to find solutions. 

1 hour ago, broodje kip said:

Based on my experience, yes.

18 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Good question, the reason I play slightly less attacking away is because I often see the opponents opting for more attacking endeavors and vice versa when I'm the host. 

But you're asking if the players themselves have this cautious mindset.. v more confident at home. Geez, I too haven't really thought about that. I'd like to think that surely has to be a personality trait. As in... Ambitious player, thrives in big games, buckles under pressure etc etc not sure @Scratch has done any experiments (if even possible) on that. 

But so I guess my answer would be yes then??, but to varying degrees based on age, experience and stage / game. 

Huh, TIL (both my players playing "worse" and opposition playing more aggro when it's their turf), thanks y'all!

18 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

😂 That's funny, yes he's an idiot. This is him in my save ..

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20230130-144616.thumb.png.ed75bd41a5f815c8330b74ceb61adb7c.png

Screenshot_20230130-144706.thumb.png.5c72a744308515e9650c647f06004c94.png

Screenshot_20230130-144640.thumb.png.4b32ac638f003b5dd4df5d9450964aef.png

He thinks he's much better than he really is, demanding first team football etc etc. Has barely improved in one season - altho I haven't even entered the training page. He's no more that a sub in my squad, just enough time on the pitch to shut him up. If I were playing a long-term career he'd be the first to go 👍

I would have loved to sell him, but I didn't want to do any transfers to properly test the 4-2-4 I got going. He's still whining, but at least he's playing and growing surprisingly well. His presence isn't dragging down morale and all that other stuff too, so I guess it ain't too bad. Currently at 19 movement for me, if he hits 20 I might just be willing to look past his bone-headedness =P

Edited by BakaSotong
1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

Haven't done any experiments, but like @broodje kip I think it affects them. I would be surprised it if was just a slight performance boost for playing at home and a slight decrease away. And then that gets mixed in with all the other stuff like boosts/deboosts for personality, morale, team form, big games, etc.

It's all just guesses though. Marc Vaughan has talked about some of this, but can't remember which bits are fact and which bits I filled in...

1 hour ago, BatiGoal said:

I just noticed his personality trait: demanding 😂 right, good info to have when signing new players.

Have you seen this new feature yet Bati (when you press on Demanding)? 

image.png.39fdb2d959fad36d2a2c3702c17ea3d1.png

Not sure it helps with working out his behaviour, but it's a cool new feature that I wasn't sure you might have noticed yet. There are quite a few things like that this year which expose a little more info.

2 hours ago, BakaSotong said:

He keeps saying he wants to move on from the club, even after I've talked to him, like... 4, 5 times at this point. I've even given him a better contract, and teh day after he signed it he started complaining again. (-_-)

This part is a bug that's been reported to SI over on their forums. 

2 minutes ago, Scratch said:

This part is a bug that's been reported to SI over on their forums. 

Oh I didn't know it was a bug! It's the first time I've ever seen anything like it, so I thought he was just being a right arse. Hopefully they patch it, at this point I might just get rid of him.

1 minute ago, BakaSotong said:

Oh I didn't know it was a bug! It's the first time I've ever seen anything like it, so I thought he was just being a right arse. Hopefully they patch it, at this point I might just get rid of him.

It's happened a bit to me, with player who are ready to move on for one reason or another. They should make him happy for 6 months after being talked to. Finger crossed it's fixed in the winter version..

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Not sure it helps with working out his behaviour, but it's a cool new feature that I wasn't sure you might have noticed yet. There are quite a few things like that this year which expose a little more info.

Thanks, hadn't noticed. Interesting. Didn't seem clickable to me. I'll make sure I press every inch of every page and see what pops 😉

8 minutes ago, BatiGoal said:

Thanks, hadn't noticed. Interesting. Didn't seem clickable to me. I'll make sure I press every inch of every page and see what pops 😉

Yeah, they should make these things more visible as lots of people don't know about them. 

In the Dynamic report you can press on the description of each rating (not the term on the left, the text on the right) and it will show who is influencing each rating positively and negatively. That's from last year, but you might have missed that. I always release youngsters bringing down the Work Rate value for eg.

In the board feedback report you can click on each rating and they give you detail on why they are happy (or not) for each area. Eg if you click the ratings for Competitions it will tell you what they expect for each competition and how they rate your performance for each,

In the team talk you can click on the description for each player (after the talk) to see what it actually means (like if the player has Focused, you can click on it and see that means Motivation increased, etc). Then you can do the same thing when you open a player during the game (it will say Focused down the bottom and you can click it). And the attributes you see are the result of that, not their normal attributes (so you might see they have a higher attribute rating for Teamwork because they are more motivated) etc. Not sure what all that means, but it's interesting.

There's a bunch of information in the development hub too. Other little things like being able to search for players transfer listed by the club (generally cheaper) vs transfer listed by request (higher price) and being able to talk to players on loan etc.

Thanks @Scratch they could definitely make certain things clearer. There's a few I knew others I didn't. Maybe I should spend less time on the tactics page and more on others 😀

The Walking Dead Formations

Fourth Formation: 3-4-3 Cruijff's Diamond - (2018/19)

1290688272_Screenshot_20230130-1603282.thumb.png.3a790210a340996a7963e25ad2383c64.png

Named after the great Johan Cruijff. The formation this Dutch Master created is full of diamonds all over the pitch. Key element was (and is) that intelligent players know exactly where to run, when to time their runs, and which pass to pick with a single touch in order to take full advantage of the space it creates for the next player. Even when being closed down, 'diamonds' give you multiple options to pass a ball making it really hard for the opponent to defend against it or regain possession. Personally, I also think it serves as a great base formation to apply tweaks to accommodate the players at your disposal.

What Went Wrong

1272925206_Screenshot_20230131-1836302.thumb.png.83a6e4b1f8be62b3c6c2550cb6af818e.png

There's a few things that can go wrong with this formation, nothing is perfect is it, but without question the main one is right here. This was very early in the game, I believe the very first Milan attack, and they immediately spotted our weakness. To be fair, I'm sure it was luck more than anything lol, but as you see our Wide Midfielders are caught out. They are absolutely vital to making this work and here they're seen too far ahead thinking we're in or about to get in possession. Ideally they should be where the arrows are pointing in order to fulfill their defensive duties - taking on opposition's flank players. At the moment we're outnumbered 4 vs 3 and we're very fortunate to not concede early on. If your 2 WM players aren't up to the task of supporting both def. and att. lines, you'll end up defending and attacking with 3 players only. And those numbers are too low, you're not going to win games with just that, quite the contrary.

What Went Right 

72286856_Screenshot_20230131-1828013.thumb.png.496a72a8841522e05cffa469029d58e3.png

Again, we need to discuss the WM's roles because as I said they're crucial and either make or break this formation. Here they're seen rushing forward when on the attack giving us more options to play a pass. Once the ball is played to either flank, a yellow defender dot is pulled out of the center to create more space for the 3 strikers + opposing WM to attack the incoming pass. So essentially when the puzzle pieces fit perfectly we're defending with 3 + 2 players as well as attacking with 3 + 2 players. 5 on each end boosting our lines immensely. Key is to get top class WMs on each flank as they're covering huge distances. A decent 11 with excellent WMs will get you very far.

Tip 1: I'd recommend getting 4 quality Wide Midfielders in your squad. They're the sole flank players in this system covering the entire flank, so ideally play 2 in each half of the game to maintain high energy levels thus effectiveness of this formation. Back in 2018/19 I only had 3 subs - 2 WMs and just one left for possible injuries. Now having 5 in total there's an additional 3 for the remaining 9 players on the pitch. That's absolutely perfect to make this a success.

Tip 2 : If you can not yet afford 4 really good WMs for your squad, I'd recommend going either Winger role or Def. Winger role - one putting more emphasis on attack and the other one more on defense. This way you save energy levels as they're not having to constantly run up and down to perform both responsibilities. You'll easily get 90min out of them without having to sub 'em off. Also, maybe their attributes lean more towards defense or attack, so assign the role that suits them best.

Results

Screenshot_20230130-222124.thumb.png.67fa187cf497570338accd0f7fd52afc.png

Screenshot_20230130-222145.thumb.png.59db132f7f568ecaa520ac4448aa0471.png

Screenshot_20230130-222208.thumb.png.8504193c096367ffdb1ff4c7105c2bee.png

In all, it's been great fun sharing my test games with Vibe and giving a few tactical explanations on how I view things. I enjoyed it and one of my goals was to give you food for thought. If it's given you a new perspective or just an idea for your next formation, career or challenge then I consider this a success.

My Next Challenge:

I'm not sure whether Vibe prefers goal-based / -scoring careers or one such as this. The vast majority of careers on here are about scoring goals hence my attempt to try something a little different. I have a goal-scoring challenge as well as a more in-depth tactical based career in mind, please let me know what you favor.

Big thanks to all for taking the time to read and comment. See you at the next one!

Edited by BatiGoal

This was a very fun read and a real in-depth explanation of all the formations. Looking forward to whatever you plan to do next although i would be happy for a goal based challenge but with some twist.

On 30/01/2023 at 08:03, BakaSotong said:

Is Mario Pasalic just hard-coded to be an ass? He keeps saying he wants to move on from the club, even after I've talked to him, like... 4, 5 times at this point. I've even given him a better contract, and teh day after he signed it he started complaining again. (-_-)

Not even in my team, but still being an ass 😂

Screenshot_2023-01-31-17-51-15-366_com.sega.soccer.eleven.jpg

Really enjoyed this Bati. I think its good to get a mix of different career posts. The bonkers goals ones are great but I also like a bit of tactical insight (and also ones that have a bit of a story) so whatever takes your interest! Thanks for sharing

Yeah great stuff Bati!

I don't mind what you do next, but including this level of thoughtful analysis of what's working (and what's not) is great! That's what sets a Bati career apart from the majority, which are generally more focused on just the numbers.

I do have a couple of questions though:

• If you had to use one of the tactics above as is in your next career, which one would you choose?
  • Which one of the 4 tactics was most fun?

Anyway, totally loved this, sad it's over. 

9 hours ago, Kanegan said:

This was a very fun read and a real in-depth explanation of all the formations. Looking forward to whatever you plan to do next although i would be happy for a goal based challenge but with some twist.

Thanks Kane, this was fun but the tactical side of it was over a handful of games so not very in-depth. My next idea includes analysis over full seasons, so there's an opportunity to look at lots more stuff.

But I feel the majority wants to see goals, so I may have to go with that.

9 hours ago, BarnDoor said:

Not even in my team, but still being an ass 😂

FFS, I'm so checking players' personalities before signing them. Enough drama in my life, can't see it spill over in my football game 😬

8 hours ago, StuartM said:

Really enjoyed this Bati. I think its good to get a mix of different career posts. The bonkers goals ones are great but I also like a bit of tactical insight (and also ones that have a bit of a story) so whatever takes your interest! Thanks for sharing

Thanks StuartM, I actually have a story based in mind as well, but those can be a bit time-consuming. I'll see what I can cook up next.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

If you had to use one of the tactics above as is in your next career, which one would you choose?

Use as is..then ..uhm..then .. just a minute ..let me think .. 🤔 ..probably .. I'd go with ..has to be the uhm ...what was the question?? 😂😂 

Seriously tho.. perhaps this:

• 4-1-4-1 for single striker challenge
  • 2-2-1-5 for multiple striker challenge
  • 4-2-4 as alternative for 2-2-1-5
  • 3-4-3 for team based challenge 
1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Which one of the 4 tactics was most fun?

Nice question.. in order from least to most:

4-2-4 : fun but a headache at times to make it run smoothly with constant tweaks.

3-4-3 : sometimes "too easy" and therefore "boring" if you get the right players (the WMs) early on.

4-1-4-1 : when things click, everyone loves seeing the 1 striker getting plenty of goals, however ..

2-2-1-5 : it's just so unpredictable, you can make it work and win enough games back to back with many goals, but a 1-7 home defeat just lurks around the corner to ambush you at any moment. 😂

Thanks for the comments, Scratch (btw, weren't you 99 before.. uhm maybe it's me)