Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Things I have learnt so far about FMM23

EmEs

Hello everyone 

Today let me talk about some of the things I have learnt about Fmm23 so far

I downloaded it fmm23 last year(2022) in December and as per today I have learnt something new about them......some are positives others well are negatives

First of all....the wingers are not are threat any more as compared to FMM21 and 22....am saying this cause in the previous versions my wingers were a real threat and I mainly use the 42222 formation. However this version my wingers are no longer a threat in all my saves and this frustrating

Take an example ....currently am doing a save with Leeds and managed to get Nkunku guy gave me less than 10 goals in 31 game😪 I jhus sold him to Liverpool 😂 he has 5 goals in 15 games... and am sure by 20 games he will have more than 7💀💀718473901_Screenshot_20230126-215947_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.c20bfce1f2702953d6ce1604132e35f1.jpg

Secondly I think strikers are not as clinical as they ought to be  cause ....during the game you clearly see ur player miss a very open chance....am not saying every chance should be a goal but....they are many times when my striker is missing many 1v1 situations against keeers in the same game

3..... The Second Striker(SS) in any formation with that position is the most effective offensive player in your team.Many others managers here on fmm vibe use an SS and its working miracles.I also use one and yh clearly have to give him credit... Here is Golovin was playing in my Leeds team and was a banger before  I sold him to arsenal1272254001_Screenshot_20230126-221104_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.5dd30fa4e07e107f242fe379f2048e51.jpg 

4.....those of you who play the goals challenge(1k or 2k)....you also k that it hard I have only seen Endrick in some ones team reaching close to 600 goals but for other managers....its nearly impossible 

5.....Lastly this version is hard😪 "eeh, My Lord  I wonder""🙌 

Thumbs up to those saves are quite easier than others.

Please give me some formations and tactics ideas....because am dying....

Thank you and btw this is entirely my opinion 

Thank you once again😇

To be fair, have always wanted the game to be harder but they ruined the gameplay and nerfed player roles. Took the fun out of it.

Players missing clear cut chances, my team averages at least one per game, I use corners to prop us up

Edited by Uncleseekx
3 hours ago, EmEs said:

Many others managers here on fmm vibe use an SS

Tbh, I seriously don’t know anyone who does this. Perhaps I maybe be wrong though.

4 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

To be fair, have always wanted the game to be harder but they ruined the gameplay and nerfed player roles. Took the fun out of it.

Players missing clear cut chances, my team averages at least one per game, I use corners to prop us up

And its very annoying mn....I have no trophy in 3 seasons yet my team is hot

4 hours ago, broodje kip said:

Tbh, I seriously don’t know anyone who does this. Perhaps I maybe be wrong though.

Managers whose formation have the SS position....the player is more dangerous than ur no.9

Secondly I think strikers are not as clinical as they ought to be  cause ....during the game you clearly see ur player miss a very open chance....am not saying every chance should be a goal but....they are many times when my striker is missing many 1v1 situations against keeers in the same game

4.....those of you who play the goals challenge(1k or 2k)....you also k that it hard I have only seen Endrick in some ones team reaching close to 600 goals but for other managers....its nearly impossible

Hi mate,

I agree it isn’t as easy before, I am testing a formation to even get 1000 goals but he (Tezgel) gets a lot of opportunities but only takes a small percentage of goals compared to older versions, and especially since the update, but it’s not all doom and gloom, just better for everyone to think more about tactics and formation.

This is my test formation, sometime push the centre AP up to behind the striker

30ED72F9-2CE5-4BDD-8167-F9D36BF516BD.thumb.png.38347ac5d998ff13636f211105b862c5.png

with this the my striker gets plenty of chances, but still not what I was hoping for and not like some of the figures from the 2k, 3K guys.

54A55CB8-BA69-40C2-B843-AC9AAF332F57.thumb.png.87b88d7992ccd22a959d6ccc62dbe331.png

7C71CB76-65BF-47EC-8D63-029226D2F00B.thumb.png.309d5ea6c60e5d5c6ed5f859c23f6557.png

not done to bad in the league with Celtic knowing they take a couple of seasons to get stronger

18B6DB4F-AB92-4E56-B14C-7DF6C6B2F284.thumb.png.7153325be364263c60ed46e3831f10d4.png

test so far with trophies is good, but on striker scoring I haven’t got the numbers I was wanting…

C190AE7B-8CC5-4E93-917F-006D84A8D295.thumb.png.ab17805b96de0d42e96253caafc0f4a3.png

Yeah, my strikers score a decent amount and maybe convert better (some days they convert 5 out of 6 chances, others only 1 out of 10) because I focus on Aerial play. There are quite a few goals being headed in from a few yards out and it's hard to miss a lot of those. But then my whole set up is geared around that, with crossing wingers etc. And definitely no roles that can take goals away from the main striker - no IFs, no BBMs etc. 

Doesn't make my way right or anything, but it is geared towards individual goal scorings Ultimately the secret though is having much better players than the opposition.

17 minutes ago, Lagom said:

I feel like you could improve Tezgel's number significantly by dropping your FL / FR to AML / AMR and using W / IW roles.

Thanks @Lagom but I found that with a Winger, in this version they don't assist like 21/22 version, and the IW takes to many shots, the reason for the PF was it clearly says 'preferring to bring other players into the game than create his own chances', so my test was to see if I coudl create more chances having them a little pressing on each flank

3 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, my strikers score a decent amount and maybe convert better (some days they convert 5 out of 6 chances, others only 1 out of 10) because I focus on Aerial play. There are quite a few goals being headed in from a few yards out and it's hard to miss a lot of those. But then my whole set up is geared around that, with crossing wingers etc. And definitely no roles that can take goals away from the main striker - no IFs, no BBMs etc. 

Doesn't make my way right or anything, but it is geared towards individual goal scorings Ultimately the secret though is having much better players than the opposition.

Hi @Scratch, yes I was testing with Wingers, but as I said, unless sit's my players, they didn't really amend the amount of chances I was creating for the Striker, so unless I need better Wingers and a Striker with better Aerial 

I actually like that this version is more of a challenge than previous season. It took me months to start to figure some things out and I'm still struggling with some other things.

I've only recently started to get my IFs to have a bigger impact on the game. They don't reach last year's numbers, that's for sure, but I already see them in the match engine playing inside and looking to assist or looking to invade finishing zones inside the box.

The team still plays too wide for my taste, but I don't think there's any way around it. It remains to take advantage of this and having a striker with good Aerial and Movement (and as a bonus, if he has Aggressivity, the better) solves some games in which the team is having difficulties in creating clear cut chances on the ground. Usually, the crosses came from my Wing Backs.

I've been getting interesting numbers from my midfielders and IFs. I have explained the process for this in my tactic thread. It's still not what I wanted, but it's close to what it did in the previous version of FM.

2 hours ago, Lagom said:

I feel like you could improve Tezgel's number significantly by dropping your FL / FR to AML / AMR and using W / IW roles.

By the way how good is Tezgel??.....seems many managers like him 

1 hour ago, Cockers2505 said:

Hi @Scratch, yes I was testing with Wingers, but as I said, unless sit's my players, they didn't really amend the amount of chances I was creating for the Striker, so unless I need better Wingers and a Striker with better Aerial 

Yeah, seems to me that the goals don't start flowing until Aerial and Crossing is about 16 or so, then gets better as it goes up from there. And it can be hard to get players to those levels. I do all sorts of mentor etc and with the wingers, I often by 4 or 5 and see who levels up Crossing the best and throw away the others... Brutal... 😀

But there are a million ways to play this game, I'm sort of interested to come up with a non-aerial approach, as I'm sure it works for people. I just can't do that when I'm chasing stupid targets set by Mr Rob - I end up falling back on what I know...

3 hours ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, my strikers score a decent amount and maybe convert better (some days they convert 5 out of 6 chances, others only 1 out of 10) because I focus on Aerial play.

Shiettttt I'm glad I'm not the only person having this happen to him, I'd go consecutive games where I'd score 4 between my strikers, then suddenly have 20 shots but 2 on target, with no goals. It's ridiculous honestly, and I'm still not sure if it's the game being dumb, or whether there's something I'm missing.

1 hour ago, Scratch said:

Yeah, seems to me that the goals don't start flowing until Aerial and Crossing is about 16 or so, then gets better as it goes up from there.

For me the goals really started coming in once Aerial hit 18 or above, as for Crossing it seems that anything above 15 is doing the trick for now., at least for me. But aside from just crossing, Decisions & Movement are important for your wingers as well, to ensure that they not only make good crosses at the right time, but to know how & when to get into the right places to make them. Otherwise they'll just be hoofing balls into the box mindlessly, this might work if your strikers are good enough but I'd recommend looking out for those two attributes as well.

Edited by BakaSotong
13 hours ago, BakaSotong said:

Shiettttt I'm glad I'm not the only person having this happen to him, I'd go consecutive games where I'd score 4 between my strikers, then suddenly have 20 shots but 2 on target, with no goals. It's ridiculous honestly, and I'm still not sure if it's the game being dumb, or whether there's something I'm missing.

Never been able to prove it but pretty sure it's down to both form and freshness. At the beginning of the season they are more accurate than halfway through (give them a couple of weeks off and they can come back scoring a lot more). And once they start scoring goals, they can can get on a run of good games. Once they stop, they can get on a run of not so good games. So balancing all of that and their morale can help.

On 27/01/2023 at 13:59, EmEs said:

By the way how good is Tezgel??.....seems many managers like him 

He is very good as a poacher, no good for me as a Target striker due to his lack of arieal not going up much as you need, after 6 seasons and with plenty of mentoring he is only on 11 stat

On 27/01/2023 at 19:36, Uncleseekx said:

One thing to add, Dominic Calvert Lewin is absolutely useless 

+1 in fm22 he was top. In this version he has good stats but ...

Heading + Shooting +pace  and around 25-30mil is beto. He performs well

What i learned so far

- Decisions > Creativity.

- Hidden mental attribute > Technical. Keep conceding last minute equalizer with a team full of moody technical players. Professional + Hardworking FTW.

- All formations are plug n play. Player connections needs to be developed. 

- Know how your formations score, train players accordingly. Very often i convert a fullback to midfielder just so they can train as roaming playmaker and increase teamwork. Aerials and crossing are OP.

- Corners will decide the outcome. Missing clear cut chance is a trend. Whatever corner tactic youre using, exploit it.

1 hour ago, Adrien said:

What i learned so far

- Decisions > Creativity.

- Hidden mental attribute > Technical. Keep conceding last minute equalizer with a team full of moody technical players. Professional + Hardworking FTW.

- Know how your formations score, train players accordingly. Very often i convert a fullback to midfielder just so they can train as roaming playmaker and increase teamwork. Aerials and crossing are OP.

- Corners will decide the outcome. Missing clear cut chance is a trend. Whatever corner tactic youre using, exploit it.

How do you discover a corner tactic??

2 hours ago, Adrien said:

I think these two points (highlighted in bold) are directly linked.

Want to hold onto a late 1 goal lead? Unless your team is a LOT better than the opposition, then you’ll likely want to change formations / tactics for the last 10-20 mins of that match. Just like real life 👍 

I have learnt: Is there ever a plug and play? 

Even the mighty Manchester city are at times forced to change their tactic throughout the game because pep cannot continue to play with the same kick off formations and tactics, and I believe the 2023 version has created a more realistic version to drive everyone in the same manner, as this chat has shown every tactic needs tweaking, the only people this affects most is those who constantly ask for tactics, instructions, corner instructions etc etc so they can add it you their youtube channel or whatever! 

Now at last 2023 is creating proper managers, we have to think, adapt, search, adjust to make your team the best, over the years of playing this and reading those on these forums who has quoted 'its boring' after 4/5 seasons as the wonderkids kick in and your team is unbeatable, even with reserves. Well I think a lot of that has gone, not completely as my Celtic save earlier showed, but the element of needing more effort instead of 'clear' team, 'pick' team in 2 clicks shows it's not the best option in this year's version as we are hearing throughout, even the best of you guys who knows the game inside and out, I say 'bravo' for keep making it the best Mobile Football game period, I salute your constant efforts to improve each year 

6 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Want to hold onto a late 1 goal lead? Unless your team is a LOT better than the opposition, then you’ll likely want to change formations / tactics for the last 10-20 mins of that match. Just like real life 👍 

This is 100% correct. In my experience if we are leading by 1 goal in the last 10-20 minutes then the opposition will generally go 'overload'. Oddly enough if we are leading by 2 or more goals then the opposition basically give up and go to 'contain'. The tactic i use is fantastic for keeping clean sheets, but when the opposition go overload then of course we have conceded some last minute equalisers or defeats which is so frustrating.

With this in mind for season 4 and 5 of my Newcastle career if we were leading by 1 goal I would check the opposition tactics at the ended of the game. As soon as they went overload - or sometimes I would do it anyway for the last 10 minutes, I changed formations to an ultra defensive 'park the bus' type formation. This worked amazing as you can see below. Basically the clock just scrolls super fast with 1 highlight - which is the final whistle and the game is over 😁

1053215768_Screenshot_20230129_114744_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.182a36b51cd8f52b3738be1a2f92373a.jpg

Season 4 only 4 league goals conceded

1034998530_Screenshot_20230129_114750_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.fdf53da2830b1b0ba97d104e851738dc.jpg

Season 5 I conceded 8 league goals - annoyingly 2 were own goals and a couple were penalties.

10 hours ago, DutchTony said:

This is 100% correct. In my experience if we are leading by 1 goal in the last 10-20 minutes then the opposition will generally go 'overload'. Oddly enough if we are leading by 2 or more goals then the opposition basically give up and go to 'contain'. The tactic i use is fantastic for keeping clean sheets, but when the opposition go overload then of course we have conceded some last minute equalisers or defeats which is so frustrating.

With this in mind for season 4 and 5 of my Newcastle career if we were leading by 1 goal I would check the opposition tactics at the ended of the game. As soon as they went overload - or sometimes I would do it anyway for the last 10 minutes, I changed formations to an ultra defensive 'park the bus' type formation. This worked amazing as you can see below. Basically the clock just scrolls super fast with 1 highlight - which is the final whistle and the game is over 😁

1053215768_Screenshot_20230129_114744_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.182a36b51cd8f52b3738be1a2f92373a.jpg

Season 4 only 4 league goals conceded

1034998530_Screenshot_20230129_114750_FM23Mobile.thumb.jpg.fdf53da2830b1b0ba97d104e851738dc.jpg

Season 5 I conceded 8 league goals - annoyingly 2 were own goals and a couple were penalties.

Wow. Only 4 conceededd. What tactics you using

Edited by Mike16
12 hours ago, Cockers2505 said:

I have learnt: Is there ever a plug and play? 

Even the mighty Manchester city are at times forced to change their tactic throughout the game because pep cannot continue to play with the same kick off formations and tactics, and I believe the 2023 version has created a more realistic version to drive everyone in the same manner, as this chat has shown every tactic needs tweaking, the only people this affects most is those who constantly ask for tactics, instructions, corner instructions etc etc so they can add it you their youtube channel or whatever! 

Now at last 2023 is creating proper managers, we have to think, adapt, search, adjust to make your team the best, over the years of playing this and reading those on these forums who has quoted 'its boring' after 4/5 seasons as the wonderkids kick in and your team is unbeatable, even with reserves. Well I think a lot of that has gone, not completely as my Celtic save earlier showed, but the element of needing more effort instead of 'clear' team, 'pick' team in 2 clicks shows it's not the best option in this year's version as we are hearing throughout, even the best of you guys who knows the game inside and out, I say 'bravo' for keep making it the best Mobile Football game period, I salute your constant efforts to improve each year 

Perhaps yes but I still think that having bunch of high potential wonderkids make the game a bit too easy considering the loophole that exists in their tactical mechanism where only one or two defenders seems hard to be beaten by the opponent.

I agree that it’s harder when you try to play with irl formations though. Usually 4-2-3-1 and high pressing with decent players can’t give you a league title haha.

1 hour ago, scouse_v said:

@Cockers2505What is the tactic you are using these days? and your fav team this new season. ?

I’m testing a tactic to see what’s best for a single striker role, but the rest of the team can also add goals, currently with Celtic, but I want to see if I can adapt for smaller teams, maybe pull my Oldham team back to the Premiership 

this is me in the second season

9433E8C8-1CB1-4A42-BA55-5DD6FD9B0523.thumb.png.5bff375a5e6bd77e7531002f3df60fd4.png

E47E4AFA-491D-4201-9DDC-D72283F16271.thumb.png.b897276f747ea7c92f3635719e9b3879.png

player of choice for this is Omari Benjamin, stopped with Tezgel due to not good with Aerial qualities.

AB986F47-7F8B-4257-95A4-1A83DBDA976F.thumb.png.d95a4daf67f199945764cea557a73df4.png

16064EEF-9902-4689-87A1-925966C01EF9.thumb.png.3f897ed06d44d39809319fefc624d6ef.png

I tried with Man City with Haaland scoring 35 in 10 games so it works with strong sides