Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rob’s boring TT attempt - Season 04


Rob
 Share

Recommended Posts

One of my favourite ‘collection’ challenge is the Vibe Triple Crown. To gain this you have to have obtained a 1kc (1,000 goals for one striker), a Double Trouble (1,200 goals between two strikers), and Triple Threat (1,500 between three strikers).

What I want to do this version of FMM is achieve all three before the next version of the game, as well as something interesting that I’ve yet to see anyone on the forum do, which I’m currently pulling my hair out about in my special FMM Laboratory.

It’ll be boring, and none of the players will be surprising, but I quite easily fall out of love with FMM these days so I want the plug and play element to be as easy and fun as possible. Basically I want to be able to play the game whilst watching football on the telly or sat on the toilet.

I have decided to begin with the Triple Threat. I want three players of the same nationality to include goals from international management. As a stretch target I’d like to get near to my own personal best of 2,389 (which is no where near the Vibe record).

Benfica was the club I landed on after collaboration with some of Vibe’s great minds. Pipi also got me a double 1kc goals and assists at the Portuguese giants too, so I have a weird bond with them. 

I’ve ended with the two of the best babies in the game (who Mike is also using in his fantastic Double 2kc attempt) and another lad slightly older.

8EAD0B07-5D0D-455F-B66A-075583262BD6.thumb.jpeg.1d5996a402916a184c2eb44b53faf1dc.jpegB35D98DB-6C0E-4375-926B-B42BADE9E34C.thumb.jpeg.d7578eeeee0f5ac117c448bc5e852274.jpeg

Endrick and Guilherme are the two babies, with Roque their slightly older strikeforce teammate.

43178397-AFC0-4125-A0BD-B93E4B50732C.thumb.jpeg.e85fa73ed18414e0e854f6af7c334273.jpeg

All three are young, through choice obviously, but with TTs I always hate the first few seasons as you are essentially hamstrung by a third of your outfield being pseudo-turd, so target one is to end season one with a fairly fresh squad, loaded with ‘older’ wonderkids (around 20/21), and not get the sack.

Thank you for reading and not falling asleep.

 

Edited by Rob
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice! But, not only do I believe you can do it, I think you can do it in the one 30 year save!

You'd have to use two different tactics of course (2 up front for the DT and 3 up front for the TT part), but should be possible. 15 years to do the TT, a couple of years to take one of those players the rest of the way to 1K, then start again with 2 youngsters and do the DT.

No sweat. Looking forward to this!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Rob said:

One of my favourite ‘collection’ challenge is the Vibe Triple Crown. To gain this you have to have obtained a 1kc (1,000 clean sheets for one defender), a Double Trouble (1,200 clean sheets between two defenders), and Triple Threat (1,500 between three defenders).

Yikes, booooooring. I'm not following this!

Edited by BatiGoal
Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scratch said:

Nice! But, not only do I believe you can do it, I think you can do it in the one 30 year save!

You'd have to use two different tactics of course (2 up front for the DT and 3 up front for the TT part), but should be possible. 15 years to do the TT, a couple of years to take one of those players the rest of the way to 1K, then start again with 2 youngsters and do the DT.

No sweat. Looking forward to this!

I like this twist Scratch! Good luck whichever way you go Rob

Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Titjes said:

Nice player choices mate, good luck 😉

Nice, and kinda obvious, haha. Thank you for your kind wishes

 

16 hours ago, broodje kip said:

You haven’t even started and I can see this failing :P 

Jk, I want to see a triple 1kc for this

15 hours ago, MikeF said:

No 4K DT? 😂 

Nice player choice. I’ll be interested how they develop for you. 

@broodje kip You won’t be seeing a triple 1kc. I’d like to think I shouldn’t fail. Would be mega-embarrassing if I did!

@MikeF not going to lie, I did try a few seasons of trying a DT in a separate save and did abysmally. It was embarrassing! You guys hit nuts numbers. 

14 hours ago, fRESH said:

This Vitor is my personal favorite wonderkid this year. 
 

Gl mate !

Thanks. I read an article the other day that he was the ‘new Ronaldo’, so I’m firmly expecting a Piers Morgan expose of my poor management.

14 hours ago, Woody said:

Lovely jubby a self imposed Rob challenge of epic proportions.

giphy.gif.9318f673674e02e4b12bcfa00a5fd41b.gif

 

Lovely jubbly! We need an Only Foolls and Horses based challenge. Thank you Mr Woody.

11 hours ago, BakaSotong said:

Good luck mate! Hope the Brazilian trio can smash the goal =P

I hope so. Three of the best wonderkids in the game so they should do ok, fingers crossed.

10 hours ago, Scratch said:

Nice! But, not only do I believe you can do it, I think you can do it in the one 30 year save!

You'd have to use two different tactics of course (2 up front for the DT and 3 up front for the TT part), but should be possible. 15 years to do the TT, a couple of years to take one of those players the rest of the way to 1K, then start again with 2 youngsters and do the DT.

No sweat. Looking forward to this!

Once I’d gotten around understanding that, and defrazzled my brain, I can assure you that will not be happening, haha… or will it?!?

10 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Yikes, booooooring. I'm not following this!

Don’t blame you. I wouldn’t either.

4 hours ago, StuartM said:

I like this twist Scratch! Good luck whichever way you go Rob

Please don’t encourage him! 

1 hour ago, Dai_ said:

Best of luck. Love me a Rob career. 

No where near as exciting as a Dai career…when he’s brave enough to ask the wife and kids to get off the laptop so he can post updates…

1 hour ago, Kanegan said:

Right where it belongs, a Rob career. Consider me subscribed.

Thank you Kane. Love having you around.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Season 01 teaser

Two things of mild interest. We had a superb group stage.

B5880226-BCF5-4A89-9ABE-21FF5633D4C5.thumb.jpeg.dee2e279de6073c5538d9225fa5f84ac.jpeg

All the best managers get only one point in the Champions League group stage.

As we all know it’s the winter World Cup in season one. Brazil lost to Spain in the Quarters…

A9C22B25-02FC-4C06-B12F-5F64A7766CB5.thumb.jpeg.721b757467e6dd1273f5f5e2f0abfb8d.jpeg

…which meant that the Brazil job became available and yours truly applied.

E8151054-EBB2-4A3F-BA80-29CFBC487996.thumb.jpeg.4231814e96dd2b88d3de8f4092a572b4.jpeg

Could Brazil resist the temptation of employing a manager with such a wonderful Champs League record and a, spoiler alert, ‘bitty’ domestic compaign to date? And would I really benefit with the job having school children as my three international strikers?

Stay tuned to find out!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rob said:

All the best managers get only one point in the Champions League group stage.

Lol, well that's what I got too, so I guess you're right? Or maybe we're just rubbish...

As for the Brazil job, I'll be really interested to see how that went, because... well... I forgot to apply for the France job when it came up at the World Cup and only noticed Zidane had taken the job months later. I'd consoled myself by saying no big nation would appoint a manager that early in the save, until they'd won some stuff (which used to be true). But if you get the Brazil gig that soon, I better go kick myself...

Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Woody said:

Hope to got the domestic campaign was better 😉

It is pretty hard NOT to win the Portuguese league so that’ll give you a clue!

12 hours ago, Scratch said:

Lol, well that's what I got too, so I guess you're right? Or maybe we're just rubbish...

As for the Brazil job, I'll be really interested to see how that went, because... well... I forgot to apply for the France job when it came up at the World Cup and only noticed Zidane had taken the job months later. I'd consoled myself by saying no big nation would appoint a manager that early in the save, until they'd won some stuff (which used to be true). But if you get the Brazil gig that soon, I better go kick myself...

Haha that 1 point comment was for your benefit! I’d just got mine when I read it in your post and it made me chuckle to myself.

I have done a few test saves (with Tel and a few others) and failed to get the France job at the WC. Every time it went to ZZ so I highly doubt you’ll have gotten it. 2026 tournament is your best bet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 31/01/2023 at 01:49, Rob said:

All the best managers get only one point in the Champions League group stage.

 

On 31/01/2023 at 01:49, Rob said:

Could Brazil resist the temptation of employing a manager with such a wonderful Champs League record and a, spoiler alert, ‘bitty’ domestic compaign to date?

Stop making it less boring, I don't want to have to keep coming in here to check if you're keeping true to your words.

I'm not following this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Rob said:

I have done a few test saves (with Tel and a few others) and failed to get the France job at the WC. Every time it went to ZZ so I highly doubt you’ll have gotten it. 2026 tournament is your best bet.

I guess that's no surprise - ZZ's top. He's a sharp dressed man alright. 

As it happens though, he fell on his sword after the Euros in 24, and they gave the job to an Aussie!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

 

Stop making it less boring, I don't want to have to keep coming in here to check if you're keeping true to your words.

I'm not following this.

Your support is unparalleled 😂

7 hours ago, Scratch said:

I guess that's no surprise - ZZ's top. He's a sharp dressed man alright. 

As it happens though, he fell on his sword after the Euros in 24, and they gave the job to an Aussie!! 

I saw! Chuffed for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Season 01

I’m playing a fair bit ahead of season 1 and feeling slightly annoyed at myself for not posting, as I’m going to have to post a lot of updates soon and that makes me want to cry.

Anyway, in an update to the ‘cliffhanger’ (best Cliff since Richards), I didn’t get the Brazil job. It went to Ricardo Gomes. 

F160CA1C-2B42-49BA-9837-7FC8E9914637.thumb.jpeg.7d0b3b726dc2292b973cf7f3f67e8480.jpeg

Let’s hope the job becomes available soon, eh? I seem to be one of the only folk on here who doesn’t despise International Management.

There’s a lot of transfers in this little box here:

Spoiler

104CD190-C555-4794-B427-706C7B70E5E8.thumb.jpeg.a67941b57330e604af7d0868d549b040.jpegA1675169-F49B-492A-8171-30CF0828A7E7.thumb.jpeg.e751dc0dd402558002ad98e096941ca3.jpegCAC1F784-8077-4180-B54F-D406E79759D1.thumb.jpeg.87d1d5c2d86d28add697e0068741a91d.jpegB6835B1D-E8CA-44BA-ABB1-D4687B65405A.thumb.jpeg.43cbf4ecdc44702570f7fbf94bff9a83.jpegAF8DD3B3-7CF0-4B1F-9A2C-703D342109EC.thumb.jpeg.b3ba05ae2ae382f4e899d77dd4eb821e.jpegCE0FC25F-5188-4C0D-86F4-0BEF6EA34077.thumb.jpeg.0971392906670c6eb883361c6e27f402.jpeg11A1201C-C7E8-41CE-A3FD-43282EC15012.thumb.jpeg.f86561aeabb64121ec584ae38cdcd162.jpeg2845010D-39C2-4B57-A851-5806D3BFAAA2.thumb.jpeg.43e26a5c8a8133eaa5b20a722b85d3f8.jpeg639F77AA-C6E6-4602-9FB7-AAAEB82F6E62.thumb.jpeg.6414d74733015c933033327cb6e496ea.jpeg

Bailey was a great signing for season one. A ready-formed player who a lot of us have enjoyed in the past. Zakharyan, Madueke, Sancet, Ricci, Nianzou, Gvardiol, Todibo, and Kone were young players who just needed a season or two of more development. Soyuncu has been good for me in the past and is decent value. Nakai and Angeo definitely ones for the future. Dilrosun and Pavon are, well, duh… and a few loanees came in to add a bit of substitute-depth.

Yep, a loan of transfers. Benfica get a nice double-budget in season one (an opening load of cash and then a refresh later July) so I did a bit of business which suited what I wanted. Gvardiol and Nianzou are my preferred CB partnership for deep careers this year, for example.

I do want to point out how useful Danilo and Joao Gomes are. They are both relatively cheap to buy using 50% sell on and reduced transfer offer, and you can also toss an unwanted player in for exchange too, which reduces the transfer fee even more. Both tend to go to 25/30m in value by Jan, if I chuck them out on loan for the interim. At which point I recall them and immediately use the afforementioned technique to get an even better player at a decent value.

As for team results, we actually won the league title - a prerequisite for Benfica - but nothing else. A bit of a disaster in terms of trophies, truth be told. But I didn’t get the boot as manager, so decent progress.

C4C537EA-8C2C-49C5-826D-0E37FBCFD85F.thumb.jpeg.cc1eb3d702bc7826eb4e00db24e1ec3e.jpeg

The lads ended the season looking like this:

9262352D-20F1-479C-8722-926A09DE0AA0.thumb.jpeg.70bc6ffe03484999f4635b7aeb4f3dcd.jpeg1AA10048-15EC-4F67-B481-42FCA2D33802.thumb.jpeg.468d29001d6e8731c80dcf9e3996d70b.jpeg3876E401-D885-483D-9AAE-B24D0BAE7729.thumb.jpeg.229cf29f21be70dd88eb68ae126c7480.jpeg

Roque and Endrick a fair bit more developed than Guilherme, but all improving in the right way, which is just the ticket! 

They ended the season with 79 goals, which I’m more than happy with.

2DFBD6C7-45F2-4945-894A-736F591A2D79.thumb.jpeg.b17d68e705b10f377caa9ee221bd5da2.jpeg21648301-01D3-44CE-AE7E-1D2C94005203.jpeg.242bc9608671598320577aeab16576da.jpeg

Thanks for reading!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice start! Shame about the ITN job, but at least that makes me feel better and also, it's in line with what I've seen in previous years (you can't get a big nation unless you've actually won something, starting reputation not enough). Anyway great job!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boring start.

13 hours ago, Rob said:

But I didn’t get the boot as manager, so decent progress.

It wouldn't be boring if you did, so very good job keeping us bored 👍

13 hours ago, Rob said:

They ended the season with 79 goals, which I’m more than happy with.

Now I'm really bored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Scratch said:

Nice start! Shame about the ITN job, but at least that makes me feel better and also, it's in line with what I've seen in previous years (you can't get a big nation unless you've actually won something, starting reputation not enough). Anyway great job!

Yeah you are spot on with that, I think and also hope. Makes it a little bit more realistic, at least.

9 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Boring start.

It wouldn't be boring if you did, so very good job keeping us bored 👍

Now I'm really bored.

If you’re bored now, it won’t get any better, haha. Just varying levels of boredom. 

6 hours ago, Woody said:

Well done mate a great start.

Glad to see you transfer plans haven't changed 🤪

It’s an addiction. Thank you. Probably should find someone to help with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Rob said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

104CD190-C555-4794-B427-706C7B70E5E8.thumb.jpeg.a67941b57330e604af7d0868d549b040.jpegA1675169-F49B-492A-8171-30CF0828A7E7.thumb.jpeg.e751dc0dd402558002ad98e096941ca3.jpegCAC1F784-8077-4180-B54F-D406E79759D1.thumb.jpeg.87d1d5c2d86d28add697e0068741a91d.jpegB6835B1D-E8CA-44BA-ABB1-D4687B65405A.thumb.jpeg.43cbf4ecdc44702570f7fbf94bff9a83.jpegAF8DD3B3-7CF0-4B1F-9A2C-703D342109EC.thumb.jpeg.b3ba05ae2ae382f4e899d77dd4eb821e.jpegCE0FC25F-5188-4C0D-86F4-0BEF6EA34077.thumb.jpeg.0971392906670c6eb883361c6e27f402.jpeg11A1201C-C7E8-41CE-A3FD-43282EC15012.thumb.jpeg.f86561aeabb64121ec584ae38cdcd162.jpeg2845010D-39C2-4B57-A851-5806D3BFAAA2.thumb.jpeg.43e26a5c8a8133eaa5b20a722b85d3f8.jpeg639F77AA-C6E6-4602-9FB7-AAAEB82F6E62.thumb.jpeg.6414d74733015c933033327cb6e496ea.jpeg

Benfica get a nice double-budget in season one (an opening load of cash and then a refresh later July) so I did a bit of business which suited what I wanted.

I only found out recently if you play Benfica with sugar daddy, you basically have 681M. 453M at the beginning and then 11 days later you get another 228M. With Porto you get 716M. That's crazy! And there was me thinking I hit the jackpot with Newcastle 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rob said:

It’s an addiction. Thank you. Probably should find someone to help with it.

As long as it isnt Barry Fry! 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DutchTony said:

I only found out recently if you play Benfica with sugar daddy, you basically have 681M. 453M at the beginning and then 11 days later you get another 228M. With Porto you get 716M. That's crazy! And there was me thinking I hit the jackpot with Newcastle 😁

That’s insane. Pretty much all you need! 

added 0 minutes later
38 minutes ago, Woody said:

As long as it isnt Barry Fry! 🤣

He’s my fitness instructor 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rob said:

That’s insane. Pretty much all you need! 

added 0 minutes later

He’s my fitness instructor 

He is doing a fantastic job Rob 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Season 02

A lot of transfers again, with Doue, Moriba, Bras, Faticanti, and Kotchup fulfilling the ‘youngsters who turn top notch’ criteria. Bravo is a regen of a Chilean midfielder, Sosa a regen of. Uruguayan striker, and Klopp a regen of a German attacking midfielder. I can guess the first two, but not the latter. Any ideas? Chiesa was my only ‘proven player’ signing.

Spoiler

4EC7FECB-BAB5-4FF1-8254-6DA4D2E50868.thumb.jpeg.cb6f85016b75aacd0bbc818763848763.jpegFBC35587-38AC-4F7D-8A60-D933DC148159.thumb.jpeg.830d18e8888c5f7e3dd091681e9efc4a.jpegD19B63EC-CE50-4470-829F-4C386E707D09.thumb.jpeg.72c9bf668fc8c071dc77e9c67efe9cb8.jpeg249D775E-3CF6-454B-97EF-78E5A1D01B3E.thumb.jpeg.73c947fe42d90c882705f8cdf0c10ab3.jpegF42B1D07-6847-4E24-92A9-83594B898931.thumb.jpeg.e43a202a9eed7ae7590a96279c05195f.jpeg25BB8113-6C8F-475A-A5A9-EBA3D157D7D6.thumb.jpeg.15c733bae6cabc0d33a7b8623e813244.jpegD45767E9-E053-4E40-85E8-27506B81D94D.thumb.jpeg.399fbd963d7babf3181ef3231b02d6a8.jpegF6609DCE-6612-4054-B79F-9E484A5E1547.thumb.jpeg.69051ef61689bd8a5855e56b8292f646.jpeg7AA16FAA-CC20-4ED8-AAC5-83F1A50336E9.thumb.jpeg.48645e38187a322f01c31b308f8b6498.jpeg

We won a relatively easy Champions League group which was a relief after last year’s disaster.

C796FACF-70A8-4DE7-982C-DD09057BEBBA.thumb.jpeg.ecdded92b2c5690eaff938cf82c66ea9.jpeg

We then faced Barcelona in the first knockout round, who we dispatched 7-5 on aggregate after a goal-filled duo of encounters.

3FABD3A0-EC57-4D63-A357-4C70E71419C6.thumb.jpeg.d0e8afbe9ad2b497b261c2868313dd12.jpeg

Next up was Bayern in the Quarters, who we beat on penalties after another pair of classic encounters.

A5B70CD8-8E99-40C5-AACD-6F6B21872391.thumb.jpeg.783bbcb988c259cc3f816f37c48a6c2d.jpeg

You may, at this point, notice I’m still adjusting tactic as we aren’t the best at not conceding.

Atletico Madrid were waiting in the Quarters, who, after only 3-3 on aggregate, we beat on penalties. 

9DE04015-42DD-4006-8E7B-2F1A4A1AFE82.thumb.jpeg.54698fa7d7937673914b86fd2bbff104.jpeg

To conclude what I feel is one of the hardest runs to a Champions League final we had Real Madrid in the final. Could my team of whipper-snappers overcome the third of the Spanish giants we faced on our epic run?

No. We lost 3-0.

We did win the league and league cup though.

8FB9C69C-65B3-4207-A61D-89A4A6C8D6ED.thumb.jpeg.307c53179ca918e8bf35cfd4121937bf.jpeg7D46E5DD-0A83-4010-9659-4D1E985A5A63.thumb.jpeg.a2415a66762c504f904839e3087b09ec.jpeg

The boys looked like this at the end of the season.

AF7F5301-54B7-489D-B08E-FB29AECF2DFD.thumb.jpeg.cea7bde6d5ad48949dbb965a342da39e.jpeg682AD647-98C2-4264-B9FD-BC04D00BA13A.thumb.jpeg.b2eb0032eef8935e7093887931367fd1.jpeg6EE39E55-1A1B-4ACF-8462-8E795BD123BF.thumb.jpeg.3491b7bce99f84a15943c5eee0af1ee7.jpeg

Endrick is looking the best, which is to be expected as he’s THE wonder kid this year, but the other two look decent.

In spite of the amount of goals we scored as a team, the main lads scored only 82 goals.

1236C2DB-537C-401C-9F76-A252AD0E608C.thumb.jpeg.e644d3c3f3d262ffe587904ab56a035d.jpeg

That leaves us with 161 goals to date with plenty more to go.

11F94FF7-256C-4C5D-916A-949BB782BE75.jpeg.baf7d8993b08d3190a0b6cb9119d51ef.jpeg

Thanks for reading! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...