Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Welcome to Wrexham 2.0 (23212)


MarkD
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello you lovely lot,

Called this Welcome to Wrexham 2.0 because couldn't think of another name, I made the other Wrexham tactic and did this one with Wrexham too (always seem to try tactics with Wrexham)🤣

I am no master tactician, I don't watch highlights, players movements etc, I just put it together and see if it works and tweak if it needs it....but I've had great success in the first season, going to carry on with it and see how far I can get.

662762097_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-09-33.thumb.jpg.6e59ca66ab78976a755e4c6124b4fc38.jpg

2060816575_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-17-05.thumb.jpg.e7f59a7cd8567b171bf80050a6fb6a66.jpg

fixtures....

779736740_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-17-27.thumb.jpg.547d7b1d7133185f1eac8a2a5b9ed538.jpg

1539522390_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-17-46.thumb.jpg.60aaad0a206b7f127fc34888522f8d7b.jpg

704097137_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-17-57.thumb.jpg.5f7199edc23a8041eadc4bec79971141.jpg

2126005099_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-18-12.thumb.jpg.21f1dd24cc51dd2d4ebac28ae7dfaaa4.jpg

961165649_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-18-18.thumb.jpg.b88323340777711070d1560238493973.jpg

1719581121_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-18-25.thumb.jpg.62598363e2be7c3628bf2f888b3bc919.jpg

Had a couple of great wins in the cup against Derby and Forest, then got a spanking from Brighton (only loss all season).

Anyway here is the tactic...

866627440_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-12-48.thumb.jpg.5b7a4fe2b4704fa6f68103cc21a5f839.jpg

1373272845_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-12-55.thumb.jpg.e70c4eda33f181f46ac111be45958519.jpg

1938279267_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-13-01.thumb.jpg.452b88785edcf68d42b14d57dc8ef703.jpg

most goals came from SS

1828969593_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-11-11.thumb.jpg.54eceb30f630d9b59f740165593d2306.jpg

inside forwards did well too but definitely suggest using right foot on left and left foot on the right.

Sanogo (right foot on the left)

1537642486_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-10-28.thumb.jpg.779e500eefcf169bd1fca56d096b73aa.jpg

Vassell (right foot on the right) wasn't great.

1362809529_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-02-10-55.thumb.jpg.c55a04cef392966c37123874173870eb.jpg

anyway, try it, tweak it, make it better.....but most of all have fun

any questions, feel free to ask and ill answer the best i can.... cheers 👍

 

Edited by MarkD
Link to comment
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, BakaSotong said:

Looks great! Haven't seen a lot of DLPs being used this year, how's that area working out for ya in-game?

Honestly mare I can't tell you 🤣 like I say, I don't watch the matches, I just put the tactic together and see how it goes, I just wanted a playmaker to sit in there and the DLP seemed more logical to me 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MarkD said:

Honestly mare I can't tell you 🤣 like I say, I don't watch the matches, I just put the tactic together and see how it goes, I just wanted a playmaker to sit in there and the DLP seemed more logical to me 🤣

Ah, fair enough xD 'Cause this year it seems most DMs are being used as RPs, so it was interesting to see someone go against the grain. 

Edited by BakaSotong
Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BakaSotong said:

Ah, fair enough xD 'Cause this year it seems most DMs are being used as RPs, so it was interesting to see someone go against the grain. 

I've not tried the RP in there so might be worth a go, but tactic is working so far so I dont like to change things, if it ain't broke, don't fix it 😉 

Don't want to risk any losses if I can help it

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BakaSotong said:

Ah, fair enough xD 'Cause this year it seems most DMs are being used as RPs, so it was interesting to see someone go against the grain. 

First 10 games in League 2 and the DLP average rating is not great, but the tactic is working, might try another role soon

512454661_FM23Mobile_2023-01-29-18-37-14.thumb.jpg.e863ef7db97434566562c5a5fe9c3a12.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DutchTony said:

Definitely will try this as your original Wrexham tactic was amazing 👏 

I'm not saying this one is haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This tactic is ridiculous in the lower divisions, but I do have a strong squad, so I'm guessing it's like most tactics, it should work with the good teams, not sure about underdogs though. 

Season 2

898339458_FM23Mobile_2023-01-30-13-17-22.thumb.jpg.9b525d213a6a7dda7e1980b25395f4f9.jpg

suggested 11

1339351677_FM23Mobile_2023-01-30-13-18-58.thumb.jpg.882a7680e347ff2af6d78c47fcc3ca3f.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great job mate. I look forward to testing it. Use 1.0 with East Fife and poached over to Dunfermline and had back to back promotion but after game update I'm suffering without a win in top Scottish league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rhchia said:

Great job mate. I look forward to testing it. Use 1.0 with East Fife and poached over to Dunfermline and had back to back promotion but after game update I'm suffering without a win in top Scottish league. 

Yeah that version is dead after the update to be honest, if you try this one then let me know how it goes 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When i saw this posted yesterday i thought it would be a good way to start playing fm23 again, unfortuantely fm shows why its fm and its going horribly. Ive upgraded alot of the players, except from a main ss, ive signed rijkhoff on a free and trained both paul mullin and rijkhoff to play ss. Would you say this is why the tactic isnt working? 

Just wanted to state the tactic im using is the first one you uploaded not the updated one 😁👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm about half way through with a new save using this as Newcastle, completely overhauled squad to accommodate.

A little slow at first and wasn't scoring much at all, but as they gained relationships slowly things are clicking. We are talking a pretty much new starting 11, minus Trippier & Bruno.

Currently 3rd, with a game in hand which would see me on top if I win.

4 games lost in the league are to City, Liverpool, Spurs & Wolves - the later 2 were towards the start of the season though.

Will update either tonight or tomorrow once I finish the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike Dodgson said:

I'm about half way through with a new save using this as Newcastle, completely overhauled squad to accommodate.

A little slow at first and wasn't scoring much at all, but as they gained relationships slowly things are clicking. We are talking a pretty much new starting 11, minus Trippier & Bruno.

Currently 3rd, with a game in hand which would see me on top if I win.

4 games lost in the league are to City, Liverpool, Spurs & Wolves - the later 2 were towards the start of the season though.

Will update either tonight or tomorrow once I finish the season.

Doesn't seem too bad then, like most tactics you need the right players and good players at that, im sure you will tweak it and make it better 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MarkD said:

Doesn't seem too bad then, like most tactics you need the right players and good players at that, im sure you will tweak it and make it better 🤣

Oh I won't mate - I plug and play and don't ever think about what could be done to make anything better! 😂

Out of interest, do you always have it on Control?

Have you spotted any attributes for certain positions which you think are most important?

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Mike Dodgson said:

Oh I won't mate - I plug and play and don't ever think about what could be done to make anything better! 😂

Out of interest, do you always have it on Control?

Have you spotted any attributes for certain positions which you think are most important?

Thanks!

Is it on control?? I thought it was on balanced, it should be on balanced.

When it comes to attributes, the main ones I looked for is teamwork, stamina and decisions, then everything else after that is based on player roles, make sure the inside forwards have striker attributes, movement pace etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Rav44 said:

Nice tactic. Gave it a try on a few games. Noticed the wingbacks crossing a lot. Does you shadow striker have good heading?

thanks 

First season I had Paul Mullin, im sure his aerial was only 10 and he got 33 goals, but that was in the national league

2nd season had Sam Greenwood who also had 10 aerial and he scored 26 in 29 games, maybe better aerial will help but can't say I've tried it 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, MarkD said:

Is it on control?? I thought it was on balanced, it should be on balanced.

When it comes to attributes, the main ones I looked for is teamwork, stamina and decisions, then everything else after that is based on player roles, make sure the inside forwards have striker attributes, movement pace etc.

Sorry, it is on Balanced - was just a typo.

Finished the season:

IMG_0145.thumb.PNG.e33493bd24dd2b324bd365eaa8192f4b.PNG

As you can see, not scoring anything like you have even though you're playing more games in the lower leagues.

This has been my typical starting 11:

IMG_0146.thumb.PNG.050954811e933810e9d5e7552c1f5248.PNG

Also got to the FA Cup final and got beat 2-1... by West Brom! Didn't help that 4 of my 6 options for the most offensive positions all got injuries the week leading up to the last 2 games of the season.

Encouraging though, it's a very solid tactic and I'll see what the 2nd season brings!

Link to comment
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mike Dodgson said:

Sorry, it is on Balanced - was just a typo.

Finished the season:

IMG_0145.thumb.PNG.e33493bd24dd2b324bd365eaa8192f4b.PNG

As you can see, not scoring anything like you have even though you're playing more games in the lower leagues.

This has been my typical starting 11:

IMG_0146.thumb.PNG.050954811e933810e9d5e7552c1f5248.PNG

Also got to the FA Cup final and got beat 2-1... by West Brom! Didn't help that 4 of my 6 options for the most offensive positions all got injuries the week leading up to the last 2 games of the season.

Encouraging though, it's a very solid tactic and I'll see what the 2nd season brings!

I suppose the league position isn't bad but im abit disappointed with goals scored.

I hate starting in the prem, I always start lower leagues, maybe thats why it's good down there because I get decent free agents every year 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, anuxunamun said:

When i saw this posted yesterday i thought it would be a good way to start playing fm23 again, unfortuantely fm shows why its fm and its going horribly. Ive upgraded alot of the players, except from a main ss, ive signed rijkhoff on a free and trained both paul mullin and rijkhoff to play ss. Would you say this is why the tactic isnt working? 

Just wanted to state the tactic im using is the first one you uploaded not the updated one 😁👍

Sorry mate but I don't quite understand which tactic you're using when you say the first one I uploaded? If it's the 442 then that doesn't work anymore

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just done a quick half season test...

Yes it's with Man City so expected it to do well

But it looks like it's a "top team" tactic which I guess most tactics are 🤣

1420383984_FM23Mobile_2023-01-31-18-48-18.thumb.jpg.c57e6057c8dbf5cf5565b9f910057442.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have u managed to find a update for the original wrexham tactics? Try tweaking with some instructions and get it working again. It always works after the update, just needs a few tweaking or change in roles and instructions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...