Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Stopper

teodoro

A stopper would typically sit in the DM position between defense and midfield. For the roles (and going by its definition) I'd probably go with Anchor - Defensive Midfielder - Ball Winning Midfielder in that order.

I haven't used any of these roles yet in 2023, so I couldn't tell you how they perform in this year's game.

Hace 10 horas, BatiGoal dijo:

Un tapón normalmente se sentaría en la posición de DM entre la defensa y el mediocampo. Para los roles (y siguiendo su definición) probablemente elegiría Anchor - Centrocampista defensivo - Centrocampista ganador de balones en ese orden.

Todavía no he usado ninguno de estos roles en 2023, por lo que no podría recordar cómo se desempeñarán en el juego de este año.

but in defense what would be the role for stopper?

1 hour ago, teodoro said:

but in defense what would be the role for stopper?

I think Sweeper comes closest to that. Alternatively the no-nonsense CB aka Limited Defender. 

I must admit I was thinking of the no nonsense centre back as a 'stopper', like a Ciro Ferrara, Paulo Montero, Peter Jackson type

13 minutes ago, StuartM said:

Debo admitir que estaba pensando en el central sensato como un 'tapón', como Ciro Ferrara, Paulo Montero, tipo Peter Jackson.

It is that I am trying to recreate the tactic of Carlos Bilardo of the selection of Argentina 1986

17 hours ago, StuartM said:

I must admit I was thinking of the no nonsense centre back as a 'stopper', like a Ciro Ferrara, Paulo Montero, Peter Jackson type

Yes, I guess the definitions sort of overlap in a way. You could be right there.

I always saw it kind of like this: a no-nonsense CB is a type of player - a player role. And a sweeper is a player position - a player who's given a license or freedom to roam around the defensive 'zone' to stop play.

So a 'stopper' is essentially a no-nonsense player allocated to the sweeper position. That's my own definition of it anyways. 😊 Could be wrong tho, but hopefully not too far off it.

Edited by BatiGoal