Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Aston Villa, Champions of Europe.

Hey Everyone, so I'm trying to take Aston Villa back to Europe, with the goal to win the champions league. I've built a team that is hard to beat but still needs tweaking. 

Ive gone with a 41212 formation with two inside forwards up top. 

Unfortunately we are just not scoring that many goals. 

Had a good clear out and got great money for Ings, not sure if I've spent wisely. Think I need a bit more steel in the midfield. 

I brought in some good youth (although not playing great at the moment) and added Barbosa as a wide forward (been consistently good on fmm) but we still cannot seem to score many goals. 

Will keep you updated! 

Screenshot_20230201-134337.png

Screenshot_20230201-134332.png

Screenshot_20230201-134318.png

Screenshot_20230201-134342.png

Screenshot_20230201-134410.png

Transfers are looking good to me. All 3 of the youngsters have a chance to be 5* potential, but they need time to develop. It's definitely going to be an unstoppable trio soon.

Also, have you tried switching your AP to SS? It seems to be the most productive role for attacking mid this year.

10 hours ago, realcuchara said:

Ive gone with a 41212 formation with two inside forwards up top. 

Unfortunately we are just not scoring that many goals. 

Nice career! 

I’d guess these two points are related. You may want to try changing to one IF + one PF / AF … ? Unless you’ve been watching the extended highlights + your sure two IFs is the way to go … ? 🙂 

Also two APs? Either change one to a SS as mentioned above, or change one to a B2B to get more movement forward without both advanced midfielders taking the same space.

just some quick ideas 🙂 

Hey all!

Little update, just like the real Aston Villa, we had a real poor slump in form around December, sadly losing our unbeaten run. We have still struggled to find goals as you can see and we now languish in 5th place (I'd have loved that at the start of the season so perspective is needed.... I guess). 

Still struggling to score many goals, Coutinho as a SS and Marcos Leonardo when played up front in a 41221 are our top goalscorers, but as you can see, only 32 goals scored is not ideal. 

We added Christante in January to add a bit more steel to the midfield, but has sor far underperformed. Barbosa (one of my faves from previous FM's has also failed to set the world alight and I may look to sell in the summer).

As always, any tips are greatly appreciated!

Screenshot_20230227-162749.png

Screenshot_20230227-162806.png

Screenshot_20230227-162818.png

Screenshot_20230227-162833.png

Screenshot_20230227-162858.png