Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Average tactics and experience with the game so far

Uncleseekx

Not bashing anyone cause this also includes me. The tactics out there are really average. Haven't seen an enjoyable tactic here in terms of decent goals scored. I see tactics posted here with teams in question not even getting two goals a game, scoring just 55 goals in a bundesliga season with Dortmund and many more. That's bad💀💀.

Majority down to the gameplay though cause nothing barely works. Think SI wants to do the same to the PC version or something and we are the test subjects to the reaction to it. It's really messed up. 

Inside forwards being bad is what has killed more than half of tactics on here, yet I don't know Salah still bangs goals in the game against the AI😄.  One reason why I can't even find anything to work is because I play FIFA a lot and I like to use a formation that works on FM on FIFA (I don't know why) and these days I find myself enjoying FIFA more than FM. Love using a 5-3-2/3-1-4-2 and with a world class team I can't average two goals a season with it. The game doesn't even give the formation a chance at all. 

Can't wait for FM 24 cause this year's game is a solid 2.5/5. 2.5 because of team talks and Uefa comps. Old transfer glitches still exists, bad gameplay, insane loading time, affiliates don't work, ETC.

Since playing this game since FMH14, hands down this is the worst game in my opinion dropped from then till now. Feel free to air your opinions 

Edited by Uncleseekx

I don't know.. I can only speak for myself, but seems pretty good to me. 

I guess if you're tactic relied on IFs, then that will be have been nerfed severely. Not sure about other tactical styles. but my tactics are Aerial focused and that seems to be working pretty well. It IS Scotland, so easy to score goals, but I'm doing alright:

image.png.36c98b593d70bfcc9346e029aa6d6c1f.png

My tactic is pretty unrealistic though, I guess if you are using a more realistic one it's harder?

A typical game:

Edited by Scratch
5 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

Inside forwards being bad is what has killed more than half of tactics on here, yet I don't know Salah still bangs goals in the game against the AI😄

Shame really. Only bought the game 2-3 weeks ago-ish, I think, don't quote me on that .. but I've been testing quite a bit the last few days and IFs are indeed wayyy less effective regardless the players and roles around them and in their "typical" IF favored system. 

Haven't seen an enjoyable tactic here in terms of decent goals scored.

I've tested my favorite formations in a career post here as well as a few others in separate saves 4-5 seasons long.. with tweaks etc etc and overall I get fewer goals scored but also fewer conceded. 

For example, playing a tough game say Liverpool away, I replay the same game 8-9-10 times over until I successfully tweak a winning formula. However, this same formula barely get 1g per game the next 10 games vs mid table teams. This, at least for me, never used to be the case. Altho, as in previous version, the longer or further you're in a save the less this is the case. AI managers mess teams up as we know, aging squads, imbalanced squads, players out of positions etc, basically we human managers are getting stronger further in a save and the AI weaker. That has an exponential effect which is why the game becomes easier in time and so does finding effective formations.

Love using a 5-3-2/3-1-4-2 and with a world class team I can't average two goals a season with it. The game doesn't even give the formation a chance at all. 

It's still "early" days for me to come to definitive conclusions but I hear you. The thing that *might* give you a little hope is what I've also tested with and it's something I don't really enjoy as it's time consuming but it seems to work better than finding "plug and play" formations, especially in your first 2-3 seasons.

Instead of playing to your own strengths, which makes lots of sense, try exploiting opponents' weakness - even the little teams. Things such as, if you see one flank player per side -> position 2 players there and focus play via flanks. Thin midfield -> focus passing thru middle. Very defensive backline -> playing attacking with wide players to stretch play. Are there BPDs -> try high pressing so they can't create from the back etc ..I don't really enjoy doing this for every game as I prefer playing to my own strengths rather than exploiting, but it's more effective right now.

Edited by BatiGoal

Tried and tested multiple tactics on here over 30+ seasons, the true number could be disturbing, so I stopped keeping track. I must say they have nearly all worked incredibly! Although, I normally use the ones that are tested and backed up by multiple users.

Use 2 BBM in ur midfield and 1 Am with IF on both flanks u surely going to score average on 2 to 3..i scored over 110+ goals and now i try with it on chelsea .

with Celtic with i used 2 new strikers on the top .

Edited by P.Rahul
11 hours ago, Scratch said:

I don't know.. I can only speak for myself, but seems pretty good to me. 

I guess if you're tactic relied on IFs, then that will be have been nerfed severely. Not sure about other tactical styles. but my tactics are Aerial focused and that seems to be working pretty well. It IS Scotland, so easy to score goals, but I'm doing alright:

image.png.36c98b593d70bfcc9346e029aa6d6c1f.png

My tactic is pretty unrealistic though, I guess if you are using a more realistic one it's harder?

A typical game:

Aerial focused tactics don't work in the PL, it's been like that since last year's version 

2 hours ago, P.Rahul said:

Use 2 BBM in ur midfield and 1 Am with IF on both flanks u surely going to score average on 2 to 3..i scored over 110+ goals and now i try with it on chelsea .

with Celtic with i used 2 new strikers on the top .

It's Scotland 😏. Will like to see results with Chelsea though. If it's in six seasons in the future, it's not really my forte cause teams would have gotten weak. And you're describing a 4-2-3-1 here, have tried this already, didn't work with United 

Edited by Uncleseekx
5 hours ago, BatiGoal said:

Shame really. Only bought the game 2-3 weeks ago-ish, I think, don't quote me on that .. but I've been testing quite a bit the last few days and IFs are indeed wayyy less effective regardless the players and roles around them and in their "typical" IF favored system. 

I've tested my favorite formations in a career post here as well as a few others in separate saves 4-5 seasons long.. with tweaks etc etc and overall I get fewer goals scored but also fewer conceded. 

For example, playing a tough game say Liverpool away, I replay the same game 8-9-10 times over until I successfully tweak a winning formula. However, this same formula barely get 1g per game the next 10 games vs mid table teams. This, at least for me, never used to be the case. Altho, as in previous version, the longer or further you're in a save the less this is the case. AI managers mess teams up as we know, aging squads, imbalanced squads, players out of positions etc, basically we human managers are getting stronger further in a save and the AI weaker. That has an exponential effect which is why the game becomes easier in time and so does finding effective formations.

It's still "early" days for me to come to definitive conclusions but I hear you. The thing that *might* give you a little hope is what I've also tested with and it's something I don't really enjoy as it's time consuming but it seems to work better than finding "plug and play" formations, especially in your first 2-3 seasons.

Instead of playing to your own strengths, which makes lots of sense, try exploiting opponents' weakness - even the little teams. Things such as, if you see one flank player per side -> position 2 players there and focus play via flanks. Thin midfield -> focus passing thru middle. Very defensive backline -> playing attacking with wide players to stretch play. Are there BPDs -> try high pressing so they can't create from the back etc ..I don't really enjoy doing this for every game as I prefer playing to my own strengths rather than exploiting, but it's more effective right now.

PC version isn't even this complicated. They are certain formations that I tried on the game bit it doesn't work but works on the PC version, for example the 3-2-4-1 tried this setup the past two games and doesn't work mean while this was my go to formation on FM15(PC) and even seen content creators drop videos on it for 23 and it works. 

The game was playable cause get basic worked and now it's gone. Really thinking of going to Scotland with Celtics cause it looks like that's were the fun is

This is the results of 8 games with 2 young Strikers on top .. right now 1.5 goals per game ..  and nearly 2 goals conceded per game🤣🤣. PL is tough although i can score 2.5 goals per game at the end of the season 1.

Screenshot_20230206-172120.jpg

Mid way of PL result

Screenshot_20230206-184148.thumb.jpg.7fae168f87cd5f145af5c4b5461590c5.jpg

Tactic started working well right now.

Just 4 points away for top spot of PL .

Edited by P.Rahul
15 hours ago, Uncleseekx said:

Not bashing anyone cause this also includes me. The tactics out there are really average. Haven't seen an enjoyable tactic here in terms of decent goals scored. I see tactics posted here with teams in question not even getting two goals a game, scoring just 55 goals in a bundesliga season with Dortmund and many more. That's bad💀💀.

Majority down to the gameplay though cause nothing barely works. Think SI wants to do the same to the PC version or something and we are the test subjects to the reaction to it. It's really messed up. 

Inside forwards being bad is what has killed more than half of tactics on here, yet I don't know Salah still bangs goals in the game against the AI😄.  One reason why I can't even find anything to work is because I play FIFA a lot and I like to use a formation that works on FM on FIFA (I don't know why) and these days I find myself enjoying FIFA more than FM. Love using a 5-3-2/3-1-4-2 and with a world class team I can't average two goals a season with it. The game doesn't even give the formation a chance at all. 

Can't wait for FM 24 cause this year's game is a solid 2.5/5. 2.5 because of team talks and Uefa comps. Old transfer glitches still exists, bad gameplay, insane loading time, affiliates don't work, ETC.

Since playing this game since FMH14, hands down this is the worst game in my opinion dropped from then till now. Feel free to air your opinions 

Couldn't agree more with this whole comment..this years instalment has been a dud..the game losing its plug and play feature has been its downfall. I don't want to be constantly chop and changing my tactic (usually because they stop working after a few games). The idea of mobile gaming is for it to be quick..this game is going toobfar in the opposite direction. 

Screenshot_20230206-223454.thumb.jpg.9eb5442588e0130c0196d785cb0ad7b2.jpgScreenshot_20230206-223645.thumb.jpg.321256d287e0ff19cb57d3967ddebf53.jpg

Final result won every thing ... Despite team's most Winger not fully Developed .. i bought 3-4 wonder kids Winger and they r refused to Develop. And still Development is plateaued

Edited by P.Rahul
36 minutes ago, P.Rahul said:

Screenshot_20230206-223454.thumb.jpg.9eb5442588e0130c0196d785cb0ad7b2.jpgScreenshot_20230206-223645.thumb.jpg.321256d287e0ff19cb57d3967ddebf53.jpg

Final result won every thing ... Despite team's most Winger not fully Developed .. i bought 3-4 wonder kids Winger and they r refused to Develop. And still Development is plateaued

share your whole tactic bro

I don't know if it's OK for me to post here, but this tactic has been superb for me (not my tactic), I enjoy plug and play, this has worked wonders:

https://fmmvibe.com/forums/topic/48254-4-1-2-3-deadly-if-ss/?do=findComment&comment=479241

Usually get Champions League after first season with "bad" teams in top divisions and get to CL final season 2 with average players. 

Just now, P.Rahul said:

Screenshot_20230207-053050.jpg

Screenshot_20230207-053056.jpg

Screenshot_20230207-053106.jpg

This is the tactics u can use 2 cd if u dont like to concede more goals.  just  make sure BBM AM in the midfield. either u use Winger or IF .

This is my teams Winger all of them r refused to Develop in chelsea. Very irritating .. non of these have even 13 crossing.. thats why i struggled in leagues end games ..all of these r wonder kids .. 

Screenshot_20230207-054538.jpg

Screenshot_20230207-054507.jpg

Screenshot_20230207-054459.jpg

Screenshot_20230207-054448.jpg

Edited by P.Rahul