Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Bugs or my tactics?

Jdoggydog

Afternoon all,

I’ve been a long time lurker but now an official poster!!

I have been largely successful getting Crawley from League 2 to Championship using Scouts to find the best youth & developing them into great players but I have afew issues in which I’m not sure if they’re bugs or just my tactics haha basically;

when I have a corner, I can see my two big strapping centre quick centre halves marking a lone striker around the centre circle - great! But as soon as the corner is took they seem to both move forward leaving said striker completely alone when the ball is cleared upfield. More often than not this ends with them scoring. Happens once every game more or less. 

im always playing well, creating plenty of shots etc etc but the opponent will always score with their 1 shot on goal. My defenders seem to always clear the ball across goal often leaving the attacker to tap in. 

im ALWAYS getting goals disallowed - literally every 2nd game I have one chalked off, equally - it seems whenever my opponents score it always says “so & so thinks that goal was offside” but it literally always goes in their favour but never my favour. 

I know these aren’t particularly bugs, but it happens so so so often. 

I have attached my tactic too. 

please help you good people 

89C6DD6E-A9F0-41C6-8E1B-254CF2CCD223.png

57310D58-A8CE-4D47-9475-0CCD1B7E3D89.png

E65FF763-7499-4FBE-AD61-CA849F477247.png

A72A467C-876C-4DDE-95CC-D6A749A6CF8F.png

Can you share your corner tactics. 

Strikers with good movement are good for beating offside traps and if they have a " likes to beat offside trap" it'll reduce offside runs.

All 3 of your midfielders tend to roam from their position which will leave a  big gap when both attacking and defending. While the IWBs help to cover the midfield, it creates gap in the wide area which they usually won’t be able to recover because both RP and BBM will go so further upfront resulting the CDs to be a lot wider than they’re supposed to.

48 minutes ago, TheShane said:

Can you share your corner tactics. 

Strikers with good movement are good for beating offside traps and if they have a " likes to beat offside trap" it'll reduce offside runs.

Ahh - I’m not going to lie I haven’t even looked at the corner tactics! What should I be doing? 

added 0 minutes later
47 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

All 3 of your midfielders tend to roam from their position which will leave a  big gap when both attacking and defending. While the IWBs help to cover the midfield, it creates gap in the wide area which they usually won’t be able to recover because both RP and BBM will go so further upfront resulting the CDs to be a lot wider than they’re supposed to.

Ahh I see, I used to get away with it in lower league but Championship is cut throat football. Would making my midfielders stick to position help this? 

21 minutes ago, Jdoggydog said:

Ahh - I’m not going to lie I haven’t even looked at the corner tactics! What should I be doing? 

I would suggest have both IWB on stay back option alonside bwm if your BPD are going for headers on corners. Essentially have someone who's normal role defensive and isn't good in air  to be staying back. Also other tip is making IWB man mark rather than zonal. So If in transition wingers attack you, they follow them instead of dragging BPD