Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help How to revive inside forward

Hi guys.

I'm new in this community and not familiar with english, but i am a big fan of fmm almost 4 years.

As you know, IF(inside forward) can't score more than 20 goals in a single season. Do you guys have any keys to solve this problem?

They tend to score more when they have cut inside trait, look that . Otherwise IF-s are pretty bad scoring wise at this years versions and there isnt lot u can do about that.

4 hours ago, Hidokini said:

As you know, IF(inside forward) can't score more than 20 goals in a single season. Do you guys have any keys to solve this problem?

This is a great question. I don’t know the answer - but think there are a couple of approaches which we can build on … 

Idea 1.  Aerial IFs / Wing Play

60B0F6C0-F149-4043-9C9E-157E02298849.thumb.jpeg.1f2f37055471efff0708c43745390b70.jpeg

Spoiler
  • IFs = must have high aerial + strength, like a Target Man who can play on the wing (e.g. Calvert Lewin?) but runs inside to the back post.
  • ST = no central striker ! So there’s lots of space for IFs to run into. 
  • Wingers = must put in lots of crosses. Our assist providers.
  • Midfield = focused on feeding the flanks / wingers. CMs in a flat central midfield three are perfect for this.

Idea 2.  Move the Opposition DCs

2CCEEBA0-F82C-4DEC-A8DF-9282920939C6.thumb.jpeg.9d9626761de4c16fcdacfaed1c91cc48.jpeg

7211C8BE-FC18-4E35-9C68-36DEF1AF1E22.thumb.jpeg.209dcf0f5186ea36e3d546a0559e762a.jpeg

Spoiler

If we can get an opposition DC to move out of position (e.g. to press / push forward) - then there is a hole for our IF to run into / exploit.

• IF = requires pace, movement + dribbling (Mbappe!)
  • ST = perhaps a DLF or Treq to drop deeper, hopefully pulling an opposition DC with them.
  • DWs = needs a wide player to keep the opposition FB wide. 
  • Midfield = focused on through balls to the IF. Not sure what roles are best yet.

Idea 3.  ‘Pin’ the Oppositions Defense.

90375801-9277-4703-8932-F38B5154682A.thumb.jpeg.1ed3c65d2e3785cb82f5f8018893781b.jpeg

2178526E-EBE5-4FB5-9770-E85CCFFE417B.thumb.jpeg.895357bbe055e201146e801d1aeedca0.jpeg

Spoiler
  • Winger = If you play a winger in the AMR or AML position, then the opposition FB often will stay wide to cover them - I.e. they’re pinned wide … 
  • … (important as as that’s not true if you play a WB instead - they’ll leave your WB unmarked!)
  • Striker = if you play a sole ST (or SS !!!) who stays very central (Poacher?), then both opposition DCs often drift more centrally to both half-mark your ST - I.e. they are pinned centrally …
  • IF = your IF has more space inbetween the opposition FBs + DCs to receive through balls into! Requires pace, movement + dribbling (Mbappe!)

Just some ideas of how to consistently create space / opportunities for the IF to exploit - but haven’t found the right setup yet.

Thoughts? 🙂 

23 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

Idea 1.  Aerial IFs / Wing Play

60B0F6C0-F149-4043-9C9E-157E02298849.thumb.jpeg.1f2f37055471efff0708c43745390b70.jpeg

Hide contents
  • IFs = must have high aerial + strength, like a Target Man who can play on the wing (e.g. Calvert Lewin?) but runs inside to the back post.
  • ST = no central striker ! So there’s lots of space for IFs to run into. 
  • Wingers = must put in lots of crosses. Our assist providers.
  • Midfield = focused on feeding the flanks / wingers. CMs in a flat central midfield three are perfect for this.

Thoughts? 🙂 

I'm pleased to see this being spoken of as a concept. I have actually tried this approach.

Not in its purest form like you mentioned with no central striker and a flat 5 midfield, but 1 winger with really good set pieces putting it in for 3 high aerial players (in IF, SS and TF).

Case in Point

This is the IF in question, given the topic.

Screenshot_2023-03-05-23-23-16-37.thumb.png.3a6991695269fb73dfc1f450a23f3e0c.png

For context, 26/27 is when he got moved to the wing as an Inside Forward with 16 aerial 18 strength. He got moved to debut an even scarier striker with 18 aerial 19 strength.

Also he takes no set pieces and has never been the main scorer at the club.

More General Application

Strength and aerial, even in positions you don't traditionally need them in can break the game engine.

I would love to test this on FMM23, but this squad of mine was really a freakshow. The lowest aerial that wasn't a set piece taker, is 13.

My general findings was high aerial in fullback and wing are insanely effective. Likely this is due to favourable matchups against the opposing player, who can often be found slaughtered with 0 aerials won in match stats.

I've been working on it for three months now (damn, time flies) and are still learning more at every test I do, but I'm starting to get more from them.

Right now, the best way I found to get something from them is to play them as forwards (as in wingers in the forward line) and forcing the team to play down the center and with through balls. Last test I did, they scored 54 goals (between the four of them) in 56 games with a 4123 formation.

I've been updating the feedback here, that's the thread of the tactic I've been testing and developing (the last test is in the 5th page).

On 06/03/2023 at 00:41, Meow said:

I'm pleased to see this being spoken of as a concept. I have actually tried this approach.

Not in its purest form like you mentioned with no central striker and a flat 5 midfield, but 1 winger with really good set pieces putting it in for 3 high aerial players (in IF, SS and TF).

Case in Point

This is the IF in question, given the topic.

Screenshot_2023-03-05-23-23-16-37.thumb.png.3a6991695269fb73dfc1f450a23f3e0c.png

For context, 26/27 is when he got moved to the wing as an Inside Forward with 16 aerial 18 strength. He got moved to debut an even scarier striker with 18 aerial 19 strength.

Also he takes no set pieces and has never been the main scorer at the club.

More General Application

Strength and aerial, even in positions you don't traditionally need them in can break the game engine.

I would love to test this on FMM23, but this squad of mine was really a freakshow. The lowest aerial that wasn't a set piece taker, is 13.

My general findings was high aerial in fullback and wing are insanely effective. Likely this is due to favourable matchups against the opposing player, who can often be found slaughtered with 0 aerials won in match stats.

If you use that formation, do you use 3 backs?

And how's the team performance?

I want to know the full formation and other player's stats

Hi mates

Before talking about IF role in FMM2023, I have a question to all that what is your expectation for IF role in FMM.

My answer is "To behavior more like IFs in real life." instead of "To score more goals". 

So, from my observation, current IF roles behave well in game engine.  

In current game engine, IF will

1. Go down flank less and go into box more

2. Try to make more plays with center teammates. 

3. Dribbling alone the box line (especially you turn on the option "Run at defense).

4. Cut inside box when there is space in box (strikes are out of box)

All above are what my expectation about IF role.

The issue of current game engine is that the efficiency of IF role is not good. 

1. Go down flank less and go into box more. But stopped by fouls

2. Try to make more plays with center teammates. But not get the ball back from teammates.

3. Dribbling alone the box line (especially you turn on the option "Run at defense). But not find space to shoot or shoot off target.

4. Cut inside box when there is space in box (strikes are out of box) But not get the pass from teammates when IF is free in box.

@Marc Vaughan maybe SI development team could make some tweak about these.
From my point of view, attacker at AMC & FC position has too heavy weight to domain the ball. Is it possible to increase the weight of IFs a little? 

4 hours ago, Hidokini said:

If you use that formation, do you use 3 backs?

As mentioned in the previous post, no I didn't use that formation. Perhaps 3 back might be good given that set-up, I wouldn't know as I've never a formation with wingers AND IFs on both flanks.

My post was affirming particular theory by DanEnglish, about aerial and strength possibly being useful in unconventional positions.

2 hours ago, rseven said:

what is your expectation for IF role in FMM.

My answer is "To behavior more like IFs in real life." instead of "To score more goals". 

Setting aside IF for now, I want the option of tactical tweaks so good Wide Attackers perform in ways similar to numerous real life players now.

Whether or not that role is IF is somewhat irrelevant, but there surely HAS to be a role that does that? Now it feels so much easier to get central players scoring, yet it feels like we are bending backwards to even get perfectly good wide players to score at rates many real life players are.

1 hour ago, Meow said:

As mentioned in the previous post, no I didn't use that formation. Perhaps 3 back might be good given that set-up, I wouldn't know as I've never a formation with wingers AND IFs on both flanks.

My post was affirming particular theory by DanEnglish, about aerial and strength possibly being useful in unconventional positions.

Setting aside IF for now, I want the option of tactical tweaks so good Wide Attackers perform in ways similar to numerous real life players now.

Whether or not that role is IF is somewhat irrelevant, but there surely HAS to be a role that does that? Now it feels so much easier to get central players scoring, yet it feels like we are bending backwards to even get perfectly good wide players to score at rates many real life players are.

Then, how you make the Gabriel van der reith's stat?

@Hidokini 4231, front 4

TF

IF T W

I would however prefer if you strongly associate this with players with strong aerial + strength in positions with strong matchups, rather than my tactics which are unremarkable by any measure.