Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Striker 50+ challenge with bad aerial skill

Hello everyone,

First, i apologyse for my English level...

As a french, i'm looking for make Mbappe the GOAT, and as you know, he has terrible bad aerial skill to put him alone in the front and ask the rest of the team to launch every balls on his head (like we can do with Haaland the cyborg)

So, my question is not only for Mbappe : is there a tactic that allow a striker with bad aerial skill to complete 50+ challenge ? I don't ask a plug and play file but more reflexions to find by myself

Thanks guys,

John

That’s a great question. I’m keen to hear others answers on this as well.

Here’s my only one idea which is close to what you said …

Spoiler

You could probably get 40-60 goals from  striker in the ‘updated and great again’ Wrexham 442 - if your best striker (assuming they are right-footed) is put in the STLC position + takes all penalties.

• In my 23 game test of that tactic, Rashford scored 18 goals, plus Bruno Fernandes scored all 9 penalties.
  • So that’s 25-27 goals in 23 games (more than a goal/game) - but includes weaker Europa league games.
  • Over a season, I guess that’s 40-60 goals?

Not quite what you want, but the closest I know of 👍 I wonder what other Vibers will suggest 🙂 

I really hope they revamp the tactics next season so even if u have a striker with bad Ariel he can score a lot, even something simple as adding low cross options in attacking instructions so if u have a striker with good movement he can tap them in etc, struggled to find a tactic where u can score a lot without relying on crossing heading etc 

2 hours ago, 1shotz said:

I really hope they revamp the tactics next season so even if u have a striker with bad Ariel he can score a lot, even something simple as adding low cross options in attacking instructions so if u have a striker with good movement he can tap them in etc, struggled to find a tactic where u can score a lot without relying on crossing heading etc 

Did you find this tactic?

1 hour ago, heguero said:

Did you find this tactic?

I haven’t managed to find one yet but haven’t been playing fm23 much been playing 22 more, will try when if I play it again 

Whilst I don't use tactics posted on here (mainly due to the fact I'm always doing challenges and it being forbidden) there is a tactic from @PriZe way back in the day that might appeal to you. I've always wanted to have a go with it and this was a good excuse.

I gave it a quick test up until the start of the World Cup.

This was the result:

Screenshot_20230522-115826.thumb.png.9255f5e83d00d0da2c7833bd168d141b.png

10 of those goals came from corners (I use a corner tactic that I've used from when set-piece instructions were first introduced and it's still as effective as ever. I won't be sharing it though, sorry 😂).

I remember reading that using players that are "either" footed in-game to take corners and wide FK's helps assisting lower rated aerial players to score more goals. (I believe @hhooo said it?) I used De Bruyne or Dembele to take these set-pieces because of this and did get relative success.

Only 2 were penalties. None were free kicks.

I hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Dai_ said:

Whilst I don't use tactics posted on here (mainly due to the fact I'm always doing challenges and it being forbidden) there is a tactic from @PriZe way back in the day that might appeal to you. I've always wanted to have a go with it and this was a good excuse.

This was the result:

10 of those goals came from corners (I use a corner tactic that I've used from when set-piece instructions were first introduced and it's still as effective as ever. I won't be sharing it though, sorry 😂).

I remember reading that using players that are "either" footed in-game to take corners and wide FK's helps assisting lower rated aerial players to score more goals. (I believe @hhooo said it?) I used De Bruyne or Dembele to take these set-pieces because of this and did get relative success.

I hope this helps.

I think autocorrect messed you up and you were meant to say will be sharing corner tactic 😂👌 , making me want to try random corner set ups now.. 

On 21/05/2023 at 15:51, 1shotz said:

The whole game engine needs a revamp

1 hour ago, Uncleseekx said:

The whole game engine needs a revamp

100% even that tactic dai posted above, from 2017 and those tactics are the same as this game in 2023, it’s so bad 

1 hour ago, 1shotz said:

100% even that tactic dai posted above, from 2017 and those tactics are the same as this game in 2023, it’s so bad 

Even in previous years but our teams were scoring goals and the basics worked so we didn't bother to bring the gameplay that much into question. Now we have inside forwards who like to stay wide, wingers and inverted wingers like t be narrow, the game doesn't make sense anymore. Winbacks in a back 3 system won't overlap that much, ETC. The game is so bad that I had to redownload FMH 14 back but the APK was faulty. The same player roles year after year. Really wished I didn't delete last year's version.

You check the PC version and see people come up with tiki taka tactics that gets possession and can give you 110+ league goals or how people have come up with Pep's 3-2-4-1 tactic and have been trying desperately to make it work on last year's version before Pep even started playing using it, the game never gives it a chance yet make set pieces so overpowered. You can never create something like that on this game. Enough of my rants. The game is just poor. 

18 minutes ago, Uncleseekx said:

Even in previous years but our teams were scoring goals and the basics worked so we didn't bother to bring the gameplay that much into question. Now we have inside forwards who like to stay wide, wingers and inverted wingers like t be narrow, the game doesn't make sense anymore. Winbacks in a back 3 system won't overlap that much, ETC. The game is so bad that I had to redownload FMH 14 back but the APK was faulty. The same player roles year after year. Really wished I didn't delete last year's version.

You check the PC version and see people come up with tiki taka tactics that gets possession and can give you 110+ league goals or how people have come up with Pep's 3-2-4-1 tactic and have been trying desperately to make it work on last year's version before Pep even started playing using it, the game never gives it a chance yet make set pieces so overpowered. You can never create something like that on this game. Enough of my rants. The game is just poor. 

100% agree it’s a bad game, only fun for people who go for random challenges, u want to play a proper way and style it’s almost impossible 

3 hours ago, 1shotz said:

100% agree it’s a bad game, only fun for people who go for random challenges, u want to play a proper way and style it’s almost impossible 

The game is best suited for casual players but they are also a lot of us who really like the game cause we don't  have a proper PC. I just tell myself that's it's a mobile game and I shouldn't expect too much from it but people pay for this game year after year, you have to give them a good them, don't freaking regress. It's a game I really enjoyed while growing up and this year's version just took out the whole fun. 

On 21/05/2023 at 08:45, Johncop said:

Hello everyone,

First, i apologyse for my English level...

As a french, i'm looking for make Mbappe the GOAT, and as you know, he has terrible bad aerial skill to put him alone in the front and ask the rest of the team to launch every balls on his head (like we can do with Haaland the cyborg)

So, my question is not only for Mbappe : is there a tactic that allow a striker with bad aerial skill to complete 50+ challenge ? I don't ask a plug and play file but more reflexions to find by myself

Thanks guys,

John

Hi @Johncop did you see my post about getting mor than 50+ goals for Mbappe? You can do it even with poor aerial as proven in the tactic.

On 25/05/2023 at 09:54, Cockers2505 said:

Hi @Johncop did you see my post about getting mor than 50+ goals for Mbappe? You can do it even with poor aerial as proven in the tactic.

I will try this, looks great

On 22/05/2023 at 07:10, Dai_ said:

This was the result:

I hope this helps.

What a memory on this fella. 

Yeah, the flight path of the ball on corners is flatter and less curved when you use a two footed player like Dzeko, Son, etc. It specifically helps on near post corners, which often avoid an aerial duel and benefit from movement.