Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Single player defending methods. How and when?


Baciccia
 Share

Recommended Posts

Im trying to build up some tactics and im trying to deeply understand when and for which positios it is better to switch away from zone marking.

Have you ever tried both? When it is better to mark individually rather than zone? 
 

thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah I’ve been thinking the same.. like if you put man marking on fb’s and then cb’s at the same time, which players would they be marking. I know the opponent’s formation comes into play but there’s still no way to mark specific guys like the full version 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I usually man mark the opponent's playmaker and the IFs. Works well for me. 

Remember you should check the opponent's tactics regularly before the match and at the beginning of the match because the scout might provide you with wrong information.

Good luck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rabi3 said:

I usually man mark the opponent's playmaker and the IFs. Works well for me. 

Remember you should check the opponent's tactics regularly before the match and at the beginning of the match because the scout might provide you with wrong information.

Good luck.

So depending on where that playmaker is, will determine which player marks him, correct? So how do I make sure my man marker is actually man marking that specific guy? Other than trial and error I guess 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, apjthom said:

So depending on where that playmaker is, will determine which player marks him, correct? So how do I make sure my man marker is actually man marking that specific guy? Other than trial and error I guess 

Let me give u  an example. 

 

I have a game against Middlesbrough and this is their formation.

rotated.thumb.jpg.f9ae9a440efd87e3df1df95e08fc7d4c.jpg

 

I believe the threat comes from their RP (Weir) and both IFs (Elanga and Traore).

so I tweak my formation and and man mark these 3 players and follows.

Screenshot_20231128_095503_com.netflix_NGP.FootballManagerMobile.thumb.jpg.637d4a5f92c40649a247469a48577539.jpg

 

Remember: Every game check the scout report and at the beginning of the match check the opponent's tactics.

I hope this helps.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rabi3 said:

Let me give u  an example. 

 

I have a game against Middlesbrough and this is their formation.

rotated.thumb.jpg.f9ae9a440efd87e3df1df95e08fc7d4c.jpg

 

I believe the threat comes from their RP (Weir) and both IFs (Elanga and Traore).

so I tweak my formation and and man mark these 3 players and follows.

Screenshot_20231128_095503_com.netflix_NGP.FootballManagerMobile.thumb.jpg.637d4a5f92c40649a247469a48577539.jpg

 

Remember: Every game check the scout report and at the beginning of the match check the opponent's tactics.

I hope this helps.

 

Thanks, would you happen to know what would happen if you put man marking on your DM? Would he just mark any player that comes into his area, or cover a winger perhaps?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

16 hours ago, apjthom said:

Thanks, would you happen to know what would happen if you put man marking on your DM? Would he just mark any player that comes into his area, or cover a winger perhaps?

I don't know what the DM will do in the above case. I only set my DM to man mark if the opponent has an attacking midfielder or a Shadow Striker.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...