Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Single player defending methods. How and when?

Baciccia

Im trying to build up some tactics and im trying to deeply understand when and for which positios it is better to switch away from zone marking.

Have you ever tried both? When it is better to mark individually rather than zone? 

thanks

Yeah I’ve been thinking the same.. like if you put man marking on fb’s and then cb’s at the same time, which players would they be marking. I know the opponent’s formation comes into play but there’s still no way to mark specific guys like the full version 

I usually man mark the opponent's playmaker and the IFs. Works well for me. 

Remember you should check the opponent's tactics regularly before the match and at the beginning of the match because the scout might provide you with wrong information.

Good luck.

7 hours ago, rabi3 said:

I usually man mark the opponent's playmaker and the IFs. Works well for me. 

Remember you should check the opponent's tactics regularly before the match and at the beginning of the match because the scout might provide you with wrong information.

Good luck.

So depending on where that playmaker is, will determine which player marks him, correct? So how do I make sure my man marker is actually man marking that specific guy? Other than trial and error I guess 

19 hours ago, apjthom said:

So depending on where that playmaker is, will determine which player marks him, correct? So how do I make sure my man marker is actually man marking that specific guy? Other than trial and error I guess 

Let me give u  an example. 

I have a game against Middlesbrough and this is their formation.

rotated.thumb.jpg.f9ae9a440efd87e3df1df95e08fc7d4c.jpg

I believe the threat comes from their RP (Weir) and both IFs (Elanga and Traore).

so I tweak my formation and and man mark these 3 players and follows.

Screenshot_20231128_095503_com.netflix_NGP.FootballManagerMobile.thumb.jpg.637d4a5f92c40649a247469a48577539.jpg

Remember: Every game check the scout report and at the beginning of the match check the opponent's tactics.

I hope this helps.

3 hours ago, rabi3 said:

Let me give u  an example. 

I have a game against Middlesbrough and this is their formation.

rotated.thumb.jpg.f9ae9a440efd87e3df1df95e08fc7d4c.jpg

I believe the threat comes from their RP (Weir) and both IFs (Elanga and Traore).

so I tweak my formation and and man mark these 3 players and follows.

Screenshot_20231128_095503_com.netflix_NGP.FootballManagerMobile.thumb.jpg.637d4a5f92c40649a247469a48577539.jpg

Remember: Every game check the scout report and at the beginning of the match check the opponent's tactics.

I hope this helps.

Thanks, would you happen to know what would happen if you put man marking on your DM? Would he just mark any player that comes into his area, or cover a winger perhaps?

16 hours ago, apjthom said:

Thanks, would you happen to know what would happen if you put man marking on your DM? Would he just mark any player that comes into his area, or cover a winger perhaps?

I don't know what the DM will do in the above case. I only set my DM to man mark if the opponent has an attacking midfielder or a Shadow Striker.