Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics DanEnglish’s Attacking 4213 (and Tactical Variants!)

DanEnglish

13 hours ago, DanEnglish said:

I think BWM’s are highly misunderstood. 

When our team are out of possession, and if the opposition has an attacking midfielder (AMC or RP / AP in the MC position) ..

• ‼️ then I see our BWM dropping deep + central into the DMC position ‼️

23A37A4A-1546-45C8-AC9D-63C5B676D31F.jpeg.a864ecc3b4e0a03bd5e68ed05788e86a.jpeg

• ⚠️ however you need to be careful NOT to overload your BWM ⚠️ I.e. ensure he only has ONE opposition attacking midfielder (not trying to cover two or three of them!)

Want more info / details?

Reveal hidden contents

57BFF04B-CABD-44E6-929D-E19333449989.thumb.jpeg.9df55f9f3db55edaae4e3d3608e31d90.jpeg

0DFB54C4-F21E-4BDF-B6D3-1172D0A1E5E0.thumb.jpeg.7bb7032d17b03908c5c8215bc403736c.jpeg  
0AF7E58D-76BD-4BC2-92D8-84CA494B6461.thumb.jpeg.591bd0b156545e07e491f1fdd8b798ff.jpeg

1F793FEC-D308-4B6D-8EB1-666FA97DED54.thumb.jpeg.b938f6927e0d21da7deb1159131c3d90.jpeg

Thoughts? 🙂 

Thanks Dan!

In general, I will match the player number in the midfield, I prefer 3 midfielder in MC position.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for this tactic dan! Very good tactic, incredible 🤩. I manage england and real m. and we have one of the best form on europe but this are a very good team

If a bad→average team use tactic do you have any recommendations for tweak/tactic for me😅

Edited by Idioticnewbie
25 minutes ago, Idioticnewbie said:

If a bad→average team use tactic do you have any recommendations for tweak/tactic for me😅

Then I’d recommend the Black Hawk 4123 - which my tactic is based on - but the Black Hawk is less attacking / more defensively solid 👍 

Glad you liked this tactic 🙂 

Just used this base tactic with the Ultra attackinng, defensive and black hawk varients, it definatly help my Real Sociedad team reach their full potential. Won the league with only one loss, which hurt me because I lost 6-2 to a bottom half of the table team. I lost both legs of the quarter finals to Real Madrid but apart from that I didn't lose any games.

2 hours ago, Sverg said:

Hey Dan, can we expect something like this again for 24? 

Great question - unfortunately no - as I don’t have Netflix and so don’t have FMM24.

The good news is that I’m told that the FMM24 match engine is very similar (almost identical?!) to FMM23, so almost all popular tactics should work on both. Therefore these tactics I tested should still be pretty much spot on 👍 

As an update - I’d now recommend either testing, or just starting with 1x IF and 1x wide AF … (instead of two IFs) … based in the insights from this article about wide AFs. 

Why? I guess the extra variety in attack would lead to a greater range / more types of scoring chances - as they’d be slightly different runs + spaces on each flank. Just an idea.

If you use an IWB, then I’d put the AF on that same flank.

@DanEnglish Have you tried this tactic with 2no Anchors? I would be really interested to see if they both stay in the same position, or if like when you play 2no B2B, they move wide more when two are present (and therefore would be less of an "anchor"). Crucially, they should still drop back and provide that cover against opposition AMC's unlike 2no CM's.

26 minutes ago, gphome said:

@DanEnglish Have you tried this tactic with 2no Anchors? I would be really interested to see if they both stay in the same position, or if like when you play 2no B2B, they move wide more when two are present (and therefore would be less of an "anchor"). Crucially, they should still drop back and provide that cover against opposition AMC's unlike 2no CM's.

I have not tried that 🤔 it’s an interesting idea, but I like the B2B’s movement too much to change that.

If the opposition has two / three attacking midfielders (e.g. 2 RPs as MCs, plus 1 AMC), then I’ll just switch to the 4123 variant with an Anchor / DMC plus 2 B2Bs (MC).

Feel free to try your idea and let us know how it performs 🙂 

16 minutes ago, DanEnglish said:

I have not tried that 🤔 it’s an interesting idea, but I like the B2B’s movement too much to change that.

If the opposition has two / three attacking midfielders (e.g. 2 RPs as MCs, plus 1 AMC), then I’ll just switch to the 4123 variant with an Anchor / DMC plus 2 B2Bs (MC).

Feel free to try your idea and let us know how it performs 🙂 

I like your delegation skills Dan... have you considered being a middle manager in corporate land? 😄

Am I correct that in your experience, only a BWM or an Anchor will drop back from a CM to DMC position to cover an opposing AMC? so a B2B or a CM will not do this?

When you click on the roles, the B2B does not activate the marking selection box, so it does make sense it doesn;t have that defensive discipline side. However when you select Anchor, BWM or CM in does. Is the marking box popping up indicative if that role will cover back to the DMC position?

3 minutes ago, gphome said:

I like your delegation skills Dan... have you considered being a middle manager in corporate land? 😄

Been there. Done that 😉

3 minutes ago, gphome said:

Am I correct that in your experience, only a BWM or an Anchor will drop back from a CM to DMC position to cover an opposing AMC? so a B2B or a CM will not do this?

Positive Mentalities

• On more positive mentalities (balanced, control, attacking - probably overload but haven’t checked) …
  • … and when defending (when your opponents are in possession) …
  • and as long as your BWM / Anchor is not overloaded (doesn’t have to mark / cover 2x opposition players) …
  • … then YES, only the BWM and Anchor often drop deep + central to cover an opposition AMC

I haven’t systematically checked whether the DLP does or not, but I’ve never seen them do it.  

Defensive Mentalities 
As a guess - on more defensive mentalities (contain, defend, counter), then probably the CM and B2B will drop deeper (but not central) - but I haven’t tested this. 

13 minutes ago, gphome said:

Is the marking box popping up indicative if that role will cover back to the DMC position?

That’s a great idea + question, but it doesn’t quite match up with my experiences / testing. Similar, but not quite the same 🙂 

Hello DanEnglish, thank you for your topics. I really learned a lot from you. Can you explain the difference in DMC's roles, I want him to act like BWM or A in defense and play a bit behind my central midfielders in attack and create chances. A DLP seems to work for me, but when I watch games it stands too deep. Can you explain and suggest which role should I choose?

16 hours ago, Rezz7399 said:

Hello DanEnglish, thank you for your topics. I really learned a lot from you. Can you explain the difference in DMC's roles, I want him to act like BWM or A in defense and play a bit behind my central midfielders in attack and create chances. A DLP seems to work for me, but when I watch games it stands too deep. Can you explain and suggest which role should I choose?

Sure - it depends a bit on what formation you are using + what two central midfield roles you are using. Can you share a screenshot of the main tactic page? 🙂 

About the Final Third: does Run at Defence eat up more stamina than Thru Balls? Especially since by the final third the forwards would be tired

On 05/07/2024 at 15:41, DanEnglish said:

Sure - it depends a bit on what formation you are using + what two central midfield roles you are using. Can you share a screenshot of the main tactic page? 🙂 

Formation is 4123 but roles changes

AP+B2B / RP+B2B / B2B+B2B

Also, do you suggest that I use a pressing forward and an advanced playmaker at the same time?