Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Introducing The WEIPER - How To Make A Goal Scoring Legend


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, hoon87 said:

Any other league recommendations other than SPL?

I've plumped for Anderlecht in my attempt. Considered Holland and Portugal too. I guess you're looking for a league with some obviously dominant teams.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, tummidge22 said:

I've plumped for Anderlecht in my attempt. Considered Holland and Portugal too. I guess you're looking for a league with some obviously dominant teams.

Belgian league is a good option, I find they just don’t have the transfer budgets though. 

Benfica is a good option. Ajax maybe. Any big team in a small league. Saying that, I don’t think any other European league has such a discrepancy between top team and the rest of the league as the Scottish league and Celtic. 
 

Outside of Euro there’s China if you can attract the players. I forget which team but there’s a big team in the second division with £60m budget or something. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 last question how much creativity required for midfielders???? If it necessary than how can I improve creativity to the max !!! I only able to improve creativity with mentoring!!!! and never reached to 17 or above !!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scratch is the Kin when it comes to explaining how to get the best out of the game...been following his advice for years now.....along with a few lessons I have learned myself along the way....follow his tips and it will take you a long way....

Screenshot_20240416_200027_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Scratch is the Kin when it comes to explaining how to get the best out of the game...been following his advice for years now.....along with a few lessons I have learned myself along the way....follow his tips and it will take you a long way....

Screenshot_20240416_200027_FM24 Mobile.jpg

@Gazzaeverton great results pal..you use your 1k tactic for this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes pretty much, with a tweak or two.....easier with Man City with an overpowered team....can get bigger goals per game in Scotland but not as many fixtures and takes longer to train up the player to maximum output

Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Gazzaeverton said:

Yes pretty much, with a tweak or two.....easier with Man City with an overpowered team....can get bigger goals per game in Scotland but not as many fixtures and takes longer to train up the player to maximum output

155 goals at the second season is a very good result even if you have Man City ..congrats

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 13/04/2024 at 12:22, hoon87 said:

Any other league recommendations other than SPL?

I think others have answered this pretty well. Places like Portugal, Holland, Belgium are all decent options (slightly stronger leagues, but can do a lot of damage in places like these). I've used Denmark before too and that's pretty good. Greece too, but there is less money there than the others (Portugal and Holland have pretty good budgets, Belgium and Denmark decent but not great).

Then there are places that are even weaker like China (lots of money, used to be hard to sign really good players) and Ireland (very very little money, not enough really, but can just be workable with patience and wonderkids), but I tend to get bored too quickly with these. 

But any team that's stronger than the rest of the competition is a good shout. Most of this will still work in the top leagues too, but you'd adjust it somewhat to reflect that. 

One thing worth noting is that some of these leagues have a lot less games than Scotland. eg a 34 game league structure and not as many cups etc. That's not necessarily a bad thing - people (even me) always think "the more games, the more he'll score", but there is something to be said about the idea of playing less games and keeping him fresher actually delivering more goals per game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 16/04/2024 at 12:31, P.Rahul said:

1 last question how much creativity required for midfielders???? If it necessary than how can I improve creativity to the max !!! I only able to improve creativity with mentoring!!!! and never reached to 17 or above !!! 

Once upon a time, I used to value it highly and try to make sure at least one (but maybe all) of my central midfielders were a DLP shape with high passing and creativity, but... I haven't worried it much over the last few years and it hasn't hurt. 

I currently train all midfielders as BBMs to up the Stamina (and Positioning etc) and have Pace as the focus attribute. Once they are looking pretty good there, I might focus them on Creativity, but it's more of an afterthought now. I basically have fast defensively competent midfielders that are going to dominate that area of the park and plenty of goals come from that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2024 at 17:21, Gazzaeverton said:

Scratch is the Kin when it comes to explaining how to get the best out of the game...been following his advice for years now.....along with a few lessons I have learned myself along the way....follow his tips and it will take you a long way....

Screenshot_20240416_200027_FM24 Mobile.jpg

Amazeballs! And shows that you can break the game even in the strongest leagues. Great stuff mate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And um, I took a short break from this (that last post broke me) and from FMM (because I don't want the save to be too far ahead of this write up), but I think I'm back now and will post the next section soon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Scratch said:

Once upon a time, I used to value it highly and try to make sure at least one (but maybe all) of my central midfielders were a DLP shape with high passing and creativity, but... I haven't worried it much over the last few years and it hasn't hurt. 

I currently train all midfielders as BBMs to up the Stamina (and Positioning etc) and have Pace as the focus attribute. Once they are looking pretty good there, I might focus them on Creativity, but it's more of an afterthought now. I basically have fast defensively competent midfielders that are going to dominate that area of the park and plenty of goals come from that.

Even game value high the creativity attribute!!! but mostly they play with different systems and mostly with IF !!! A-RP-IF combo !!!! I only find Jorginho who can improve creativity and very good in professionalism+ workrate + very low shooting !!! But signing him in Celtic is very difficult!!! I have to sell most of the players to reach his demanded wage !!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Step 7 - Finalising Your Squad Setup

Okay, we've talked about tactics, putting the squad together, getting the players in, setting up their training etc - but we're still not quite ready to play yet. Let's look at what else we need to do.

 

Captain, My Captain...

That's right, we need to appoint a captain. Actually we need a whole leadership team. I normally order the captain screen by Leadership, but I haven't done that in this screenshot (because I took it after and forgot to re-sort it):

image.png.00114f39be9ebeee774b00cd1a59c237.png

You can see that I haven't chosen Marco Kana in the leadership team, even though he has Leadership of 14. I generally prefer older players. That said, I often end up with not too many left, so I sometimes do appoint younger players - but they aren't my first choice. Spoiler though: Kana is going to end up in my leadership team before the start of season 2, but we're getting ahead of ourselves now.

I also check their Player Relationships screen to see what effect they have on the team. If someone is a bad influence on Work Rate then I'm not going to include them in the leadership team even especially if their Leadership is high. What's that? You want to be captain? Nah mate, I don't want you infecting the whole team with that attitude...

I also look at the influence level (ideally they should be someone the squad already looks up to) and I look at other things like whether they've played internationally and what other players think of them in the detailed Happiness view of the squad. 

Basically I'm looking for a senior, experienced, respected player with a great attitude to lead our team. That mix can be hard to get, but I've been keeping that in the back of my mind when sorting out the squad and trying to make sure we have a good candidate for captain. 

In this particular case, I already knew that I'd keep Callum McGregor as a mentor and as captain. All that was left was sorting the others - DeGea seemed an obvious choice as vice captain, and then I picked our other slightly older players. 

Once I've appointed the captain, I go back to the Happiness screen and make sure a) he is happy to lead the team and b) the others are happy for him to be the leader. Sometimes I pick someone I think makes sense only to find half the squad think there are better choices - in which case I change it again (there is no penalty if you change a few times immediately). 

Oh, one last thing - I never use my main striker as captain, even if he is the obvious choice according to all of the above. I did so once and he didn't score as many goals. I'm not sure if that was just a co-incidence or whether being captain really affects goal output, but you know the saying: once bitten...

 

Set Pieces

We also need to set up our set piece takers. Absolute first thing: Put your striker on penalties!

I also put my main striker on free kicks in the central two areas outside the box, even if he isn't that good at Set Pieces. For example, Weiper only has 2 stars and there are better options, but he'll still get the odd goal from this (and the point of this save is Weiper scoring): 

image.png.c34798e8cb66403a070efc8a2e5fa5b1.png

Next, I set up corners takers. I generally go with whoever is strongest at crossing, but I do use the set pieces star rating to moderate that a little. So I might choose someone with 15 Crossing and 3 stars SP over someone with 16 Crossing and 2 stars SP. It's not an exact science though. Here's what I did for this save:

image.png.c1cf8263ea7ace59fe2f6cd036c77fea.png

I put Doak in front of Bukovic and M Johnston because I think his crossing will very quickly be better than either of them (Bukovic because he will be off the bench only and Johnston because he is a WB). You must remember to come back and adjust this fairly regularly, but if I'm honest, I generally only do it a few times per season.

The other thing to say about corner takers is to choose a LOT. It only shows 5, but you can choose more. I only have 6 in this case (note Furuhashi is greyed out as he's been selected), but I normally have a lot more. The reason? My striker always seems to want to take corners  if there is no official corner taker on the field, which means he is putting in poor crosses to no-one rather than being on the end of perfect crosses and scoring.

As for the Attack options, I already covered them back in the tactics section (striker marks the keeper, everyone else stay back, corner taker aims at the penalty spot), so won't cover that again.

 

Setting Up Selections

Like I said in an earlier installment, I rotate two separate 'teams' with only a few players playing in both. Before we kick off the season proper we need to set up two 'Selections' to make it quicker to switch between these two teams. But be careful: in FMM24 there seems to be a bug where you must set every position before you hit Save Selection (or when you load it the order will be messed up).

To choose who goes into which 'team', I basically go through all the positions again and look at who we ended up with. I try to balance things like age etc where I can - for example here are my two teams and you'll see I put Hatate in one and McGregor in the other, so that there is someone relatively experienced in both: 

image.png.4c44b767c70e738b11d7623e0c369362.png

image.png.053cc59ac4ceadabc03fcd23b3b79fc8.png

Same goes with skill (attribute-wise). I will play my strongest RWB with my weakest LWB and vice versa, etc, all the way through the team. And I make sure that there will always be one of the corner takers we just set up on the pitch. 

I'm trying to get two equal strength teams so I can rotate them every game no matter who the opposition is. Eventually they will be all world-class, so I don't bother with the concept of a first (ie stronger) team and a second team. 

As you can see I decided to play De Gea every game (with the other lad out on loan), as well as Bamba (with his two understudies coming off the bench on alternate weeks). I also decided to play Iling every week as he is my strongest crosser. And of course Weiper.

There's no need to sub the GK, but I will sub the other 3 off before they get down to 80% condition to stop them from getting too tired. Actually with Weiper he will get tired anyway and I'll end up subbing him off at 85%. 

In all the other positions I'm rotating. Any players that didn't make one of the teams are either a) on the bench or b) loaned out. I'll be trying to get them experience and get them developing so they can fill in if someone is injured or challenge for a place if they are good enough. Later in the save I will have some just sitting in the reserves as well, but that's when I have a lot of wonderkids hanging about. Right now my cupboards are... well not so much bare, but not overflowing either.

 

And with that sorted out, we can get into the actual season! I'll leave you a little taster - the results of our first game:

Spoiler

image.png.ed8f086aa065d2aca35afbaee1dc9d58.png

image.png.8210298db6b9ad2b4ccd41944b1fc1e3.png

 

Thanks for reading!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think I've updated it one more time at the moment and changed a few things (e.g. player potential) 

Asare doesn't seem to have a higher chance. And the omorodion comes with 5 stars!

@ScratchI'd like to know how to do mentoring!

Edited by hoon87
Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoon87 said:

I think I've updated it one more time at the moment and changed a few things (e.g. player potential) 

Asare doesn't seem to have a higher chance. And the omorodion comes with 5 stars!

@ScratchI'd like to know how to do mentoring!

Ah... mentoring... That should be coming some time soon! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Step 8 - The First Season - General Results and Progress

At the end of the last entry, I showed you the first game of the season, a 2 goal win with both goals going to Weiper.

That's a great start given how young and inexperienced the squad is. But it shows just why Scotland is great. I had plenty of budget and sellable players, so could build a team of wonderkids, but these are the two CDs Weiper was up against in that first game:

image.png.c37ab81d6acac5c215dca8b38c51021b.png

image.png.b66bf3a1522b5b2dcf966c2e47797c22.png

Imagine what's going to happen once Weiper and the rest of the team have had time to level up! Mind you it won't all be that easy and the opposition will level up slowly over time as well - but still, this is a goal scorer's paradise.

Of course it's not all one way in the first half of season 1, especially when our players are all so under-developed. We have days were it all goes wrong (more shots, but couldn't turn it into goals):

image.png.091274eb76f4193bab6629d9384e6c4b.png

And days where we win, but our main man can't score and others 'steal' his goals:

image.png.fd98309c6ed35244bff65a9d1c960bde.png

But in general we get off to a pretty good start:

image.png.1fb88515adf27b2afcc4428de6c5ad7d.png

And by the end of the season we were doing even better (which makes sense 

image.png.ef69b8d42322d6de0982b3d189580376.png

This is how we ended up (won everything domestically, averaging 3.1 goals in the league, knocked out of the UCL at the group stage):

image.png.1832bb63a5a351466148a18dd5789914.png

And it's just going to get better and better from here! 

 

There's a lot I need to cover, but I'm short on time right now, so for this installment, let's just look at what sort of team I was putting out for these early games and how the team had improved by the end of the year. I'll have to leave the 'how' of it until later, as well as Weiper's individual results.

 

The Starting Squad

I'm going to run through one of my two teams at the start and compare them with what the were like at the end of the season.

GK - De Gea hadn't changed by the end of the season, but Urbig was rivalling him and had taken his place in this particular team (De Gea still plays in the other team):

image.png.af5cb1f982c65e169fd64e8766425b39.png

image.png.9c29b174ae9fc49595a377e57bf10d13.png

 

CD - not a huge improvement in all honesty, but he is a little slower to develop because he's a little older and has higher CA to start with (so less improvements points after each match). Happy with his Pace though: 

image.png.a8b6e77d472d63ddd6d2728e8ce61f25.png

image.png.36c2fe524765be1dbd0938f2b9cc163c.png

 

WBs - Max Johnston has improved a lot, though he's more of an attacking player than a defensive one (okay by me):

image.png.332c37d02792b828941949a53d6e5f5c.png

AP1GczMUJaggS1E6DE98kMAUfdK4BiKqPlrk9p1DI8zLNWxLp0u-81NT1Ml0HsdREQ8JrVS8wsjNjPNsFJP5KNFHpi6xSGbAGgXm8MkyosikSLLzGpWjd2rcoOv_qwyKkY0itWK5d2kCxqiuZafj-u6KNt5Yyf56UgVeipsytATJniLDPioSL79eGxcprXG4xnnqAr4RJn9xW2Vz1iZDArcg1GwUQOMfeXOVcS83o-sAInDvMFitgHO8srSh5pD8ivII7qTqxOq3jAnDQgDscg6V3OfFoXmkqAKWnhsyAwNQbVLCRolJ1CrrI9Z7yQF_XPrba_zvcyO18MTW-xijbG-jLtvIm6bHddQ85cRdof5YEymJ9D55Dg7_8f1Lq1UdKt6XSPxz1hF5JgLAVf9FtWYxJjHq0ObWw0mtfbLn6dXTKvTqy1cH88FvkvttK64y4OVJwLUFICgwOBy2FU1xf-zbc7v9uP2hC6FfNd9HuBPZPEckQZwRigtGKTRNImHg3T1xyWEH_INNdfpwujNdT41CNuWQBwvZu0N2ezs2IZ6omvbdwr9QOmptFzIHBo-RhDm_oME5ZTUgF1eLaiKZH1HH4YWg4RPzPI3oGLE_KZETmHsfkEA-SdAiIKNYErglR5tm4pxAFgdpc0lf5ER15h6p7GdaItxM8HEXbg-yzldVBXGJkmBRygsPP-VbAxtOkhaJVgG7qEFBamqZgS-2tzFcS8CWZoYCGv8eWy-qmqBHNDzQGndRKuWIO4iFpu8ts-dmhGxfg0EKmLTtV8RscB_7yf1cG02LO_xXzX1mCrl5CR0aAMapz3zYhee8qr6N80S5xSsxcm51RZBMCf3H-ByeYtH8ATaPhPiT-T4eIazG3rBi5c_5OECwZDE7-cI_G-NC3YViTOrw8NoT3hKVRPGBcru88nlA7q-1t8i6NfL2ABLEBZQ-8MMbZwHRFEgK=w2340-h1080-s-no-gm?authuser=0

While Araujo is coming along okay - not happy with his Pace yet, not sure how long he will stay in the team, but he is a very good player, so I'll stick with him for now and see how he goes.

image.png.4cf6234d14e620ec7ca607aa0bebb4b8.png

image.png.cb0684d7be0f64e4fb6adfd5ed5bbdce.png

 

CMs - When I got screenshots at the beginning McGregor was in the team and Ouedraogo was out injured. It was the other way around by the end. In both cases Sertdemir had replaced them. By the end I was starting to leave McGregor out a little more in favour of Serdemir anyway. And note: I'm training most of them as BTBs players as discussed previously.

image.png.0816277d3b1879202bbd83df0f6e19b8.png

image.png.7ac70d0fc863ef25dab956d1d6c33c6d.png

Sertdemir improved enormously:

image.png.77194d5aa170c5d145a55c405710660b.png

image.png.deb1d8245973aca782f82ef01d7352e8.png

Nypan had improved a lot too, but frustrated with his lack of improvement for Pace:

image.png.ce668ca2da5212aad0a17135142a3ed4.png

image.png.c96103edcd944d5c548ce551460fd045.png

 

Ws - Hyunjun had improved a lot, but Crossing wasn't as good as I wanted:

image.png.801d38cb3307e581bf4eca7ad049a46b.png

image.png.e0084409ab146f1e4e849edc8397a651.png

But Illing is becoming lethal: 

image.png.240df4ef521ce5cf41e877aca671ff6a.png

image.png.7163562601801558d90284a289ba5a38.png

 

AM - Karabec is looking decent too - note I trained him as BTBM to start but switched to DLP to improve creativity once I was happy with his speed and stamina (DLP, not AP, as I don't want him too attacking and I'm guessing AP training might improve things like long shots etc).

image.png.6b96875a80857c34910da1a225faeef6.png

image.png.e1d4d4dc588c1ea9d92bd3887c3512c9.png

 

The Lad:

image.png.cc51b723679de42d3cc940f3f69630f0.png

image.png.521dd15d4bbd8fdb4a5dff8660cb8bcf.png

 

So you can see there has been enormous improvement over the course of the year. Some games were like this: 

image.png.d9a80df272ed8459453e680e1e5a750b.png

And my other 'team' improved equally as well. At the start we were better than most SPL teams, but not by much. By the end we were pretty dominant. But that's nothing compared to what's coming...

There isn't much to it except to get the players playing and make sure the team is winning. That leads to high ratings, which leads to a lot of improvement. 

Well, I say there isn't much too it, but there are always tricks etc that you can make use of to help. Things like mentoring, fining, keeping moral up, tweaking tactics, etc, but they will have to wait for next time.

 

Thanks for reading!. 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is magic! Some Houdini type shit! 😂

Sertdemir needs sold immediately. That shooting is creeping little high there. 🤔😂

Great stuff.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, fotakis276718 said:

Great writing as always! But how many goals does Weiper score at the first season?

You'll have to guess! 🙂 More than a goal a game and less than two goals a game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dai_ said:

This is magic! Some Houdini type shit! 😂

Sertdemir needs sold immediately. That shooting is creeping little high there. 🤔😂

Great stuff.

Thanks! Yeah Sertdemir better watch himself! 6 assists and 6 goals in season 1, playing half in the AM position and half in the CM one. I think eventually he'll go, that's the sort of thing I do look at, but for now I don't have enough really good replacements for him. Instead I'm just playing him back in the CM line. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 30/03/2024 at 13:22, Scratch said:

Part 4 - Tactics

Did I say we were finally going to get into the squad? I guess I lied!

Before you can start shaping your squad you need to know what sort of tactics you are going to be using. You don't need to know the exact tactic, but you do need to know the basics, such as whether you want wingers or IFs, tall strikers or shorties, how many midfielders you'll play, etc. I've had some interesting saves where I changed tactics mid-way through and ended up not having enough players for each position...

For this save, I'm falling back onto my tried and tested tactic, which I'll talk more about below. Before I get to that, I need to say something. But before I get to that, I need to say something else! Talk about complicated. First...

 

A Disclaimer

The thing I see people asking for the most, whether it's here or on Discord, is help with tactics.

"How do I score more goals?", "Why can't I hold a lead?", "I keep losing, help!", "Where can I find a good tactic?"... And I see people give great, well thought out tactical advice that works.

There are a lot of people who give great advice, but I'd have to say @DanEnglish has really stood out over the last several years as The Tactical Master. I have the utmost respect for Dan and his depth of tactical understanding and what he can achieve with it. There's no doubt that optimising your tactics can be a game changer if you are playing reaslistically.

But here's the thing: I am NOT playing realistically. I am breaking the game. Which leads me on to...

 

Tactics Are Not Important!

At least not in the way most people think...

If I'm going to score 3K goals with one striker, it's not the tactic which does most of the work.

The single most important thing is creating a massive skill imbalance between your team and the opposition. Basically you want the equivalent of your team being Man City's first team while your opponent is St Paddy's Under 7s team. Once you have achieved that imbalance you will win and score a lot of goals, no matter which tactic you use. 

Where the tactic does come in is in directing where the goals come from. For a lone striker goal scoring career you obviously want them to come from the striker. The tactic is important to ensure this happens and it's not other people scoring. But the key point here is that the tactic by itself is not going to get the results you want.

With that said, let's move on to the tactic I'm using.

 

How I Roll...

I'm using the same tactic I used for the Sesko 3KC a couple of years ago. Back then I just said it was the Balanced variation of my TT Blaster tactic with the two extra strikers moved back into CM roles. This time around I will go into more detail.

First, here are the formation, roles and Shape instructions:

image.png.2dc2dca0f99a4c48771e4a0219f97337.png

Yes, I only have 1 in the back line. Once you have a dominant team you don't need more than that. That player does need to be fast and have good positioning etc, which is why we're talking about the tactic before I put the squad together. I'm also using wingers (who will need great Crossing) and a TF (who will need great Aerial).  

I go back and forth about whether I should use WBs or IWBs. I leave it on IWBs, but most of the time they stay wide and act as WBs anyway, I think because the CMs stay in place and the IWBs have no space to come inside. No matter, the tactic works, so I'm okay with that.

I don't have any RPs or BBMs because those roles score too many goals. I want the most chances to go to my TF!!

Likewise the attacking midfielder is an AM because the other roles score too much. The AM still scores too much sometime, so I will rotate players through that position until I find one that assists more than they score. If the AM takes a lot of shots in a particular game (which happens sometimes), I will swap them with another midfielder or even move that position back to a DMC one.

A lot of maximising your strikers goals comes down to making sure he's taking most of the shots. Hence you want Ws who will put the ball on his head 3 yards out, AMs who will pass to him rather than take shots, a center line that will dominate the game and set up attacks without being a goal threat themselves etc.

If we are losing a game once I've sub my striker off, I may mix all of that up and do things like turn the AM into an SS, or the CMs into RPs etc. Anything is fair game once my main striker is off.

As for the Shape instructions, I go with Balanced as everyone sits back a little deeper leaving more of the shots to the striker. Any more attacking and too many other players pinch goals. Later in the save when my team is more dominant, I will often turn on Wide, which creates more space for my striker, and Fast, which allows us to bamboozle the opposition - but neither works well until the squad is super powered. 

Next up is the Defensive instructions:

image.png.b8418078bde949e060c8ccd89e8ae5da.png

Not much to say here. I find we do better if we press all over. I sometimes turn on Offside Trap as I figure it should be easy to spring the offside trap with only one person in the line! But mostly I leave it off because when things go wrong with one at the back, you can get into real trouble - and having the player stay back a little might give them more time to recover. 

Here are the Attacking instructions:

image.png.bd7491e4eae3921da4aaec84028d6e52.png

I tweak these a fair bit and can never tell which works better! Sometimes I go with Through Ball instead of Run At Defence. Sometimes I go with Mixed passing focus instead of Centre. I switch these things up if the tactic stops working quite so well, then switch it back later for the same reason. 

With Early Crosses, I normally have this off at the beginning of the save, until the striker is strong in the air. Because Weiper starts with 14 Aerial I figured I'd turn it on from the start, even though I normally wait until they hit 16 or so. I turn it on as I find a) it gets the ball into the striker quickly, before too many other players get forward and want to shoot, and b) once the striker is good in the air and has decent pace and movement, they have a reasonable chance of scoring from this. 

Lastly, the corner tactic:

image.png.30f128f0d1e8c1298e4664545cf04ef5.png

Yes, I'm still using the corner tactic that was broken a few years back: everyone stay back, except for my striker who marks the keeper, while the corner taker aims at the penalty spot. It's not broken anymore, but I still score reasonably well from this. 

I don't bother with any other set piece instructions, except to put my striker on pens, free kicks from the two central positions outside the penalty area and to get the best crossers taking the corners (I always have a long list of takers so we don't end up with the striker taking them, which they seem to like doing).

 

I used to watch games more closely and make changes if we weren't getting many chances. I'd do things like move the AM to PF on the right of the TF (the right side, not the left, so that the TF still gets the corners) if the TF was up against too many defenders. These days I'm a bit lazier and less likely to do this. I'm probably leaving goals on the table, but I still score a lot. Maybe I'll do that in this career, but most likely not.

 

Anyway, I better leave it there for now. Thanks for reading!

 

Does the tactic work well after the update?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hoon87 said:

Does the tactic work well after the update?

I think so. I haven't been playing much as I don't want to get too far ahead of the write ups and I can't really remember when I applied it, but I think it was before season 2:

image.png.d887c120bdde52aca27bed67a3e65f1f.png

And 2 goals a game for Weiper, so I think it's okay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 29/03/2024 at 16:11, Scratch said:

Anyway, that leaves us with the following mix of coaches: 

image.png.c4b1342b4702374b4a11aea1c39d6105.png

I've always been meaning to ask this, but why no Defensive coaches? Is it because we can just buy them and if it's our youth players, loan them for experience?

Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 22/04/2024 at 13:50, Scratch said:

Step 8 - The First Season - General Results and Progress

At the end of the last entry, I showed you the first game of the season, a 2 goal win with both goals going to Weiper.

That's a great start given how young and inexperienced the squad is. But it shows just why Scotland is great. I had plenty of budget and sellable players, so could build a team of wonderkids, but these are the two CDs Weiper was up against in that first game:

image.png.c37ab81d6acac5c215dca8b38c51021b.png

image.png.b66bf3a1522b5b2dcf966c2e47797c22.png

Imagine what's going to happen once Weiper and the rest of the team have had time to level up! Mind you it won't all be that easy and the opposition will level up slowly over time as well - but still, this is a goal scorer's paradise.

Of course it's not all one way in the first half of season 1, especially when our players are all so under-developed. We have days were it all goes wrong (more shots, but couldn't turn it into goals):

image.png.091274eb76f4193bab6629d9384e6c4b.png

And days where we win, but our main man can't score and others 'steal' his goals:

image.png.fd98309c6ed35244bff65a9d1c960bde.png

But in general we get off to a pretty good start:

image.png.1fb88515adf27b2afcc4428de6c5ad7d.png

And by the end of the season we were doing even better (which makes sense 

image.png.ef69b8d42322d6de0982b3d189580376.png

This is how we ended up (won everything domestically, averaging 3.1 goals in the league, knocked out of the UCL at the group stage):

image.png.1832bb63a5a351466148a18dd5789914.png

And it's just going to get better and better from here! 

 

There's a lot I need to cover, but I'm short on time right now, so for this installment, let's just look at what sort of team I was putting out for these early games and how the team had improved by the end of the year. I'll have to leave the 'how' of it until later, as well as Weiper's individual results.

 

The Starting Squad

I'm going to run through one of my two teams at the start and compare them with what the were like at the end of the season.

GK - De Gea hadn't changed by the end of the season, but Urbig was rivalling him and had taken his place in this particular team (De Gea still plays in the other team):

image.png.af5cb1f982c65e169fd64e8766425b39.png

image.png.9c29b174ae9fc49595a377e57bf10d13.png

 

CD - not a huge improvement in all honesty, but he is a little slower to develop because he's a little older and has higher CA to start with (so less improvements points after each match). Happy with his Pace though: 

image.png.a8b6e77d472d63ddd6d2728e8ce61f25.png

image.png.36c2fe524765be1dbd0938f2b9cc163c.png

 

WBs - Max Johnston has improved a lot, though he's more of an attacking player than a defensive one (okay by me):

image.png.332c37d02792b828941949a53d6e5f5c.png

AP1GczMUJaggS1E6DE98kMAUfdK4BiKqPlrk9p1DI8zLNWxLp0u-81NT1Ml0HsdREQ8JrVS8wsjNjPNsFJP5KNFHpi6xSGbAGgXm8MkyosikSLLzGpWjd2rcoOv_qwyKkY0itWK5d2kCxqiuZafj-u6KNt5Yyf56UgVeipsytATJniLDPioSL79eGxcprXG4xnnqAr4RJn9xW2Vz1iZDArcg1GwUQOMfeXOVcS83o-sAInDvMFitgHO8srSh5pD8ivII7qTqxOq3jAnDQgDscg6V3OfFoXmkqAKWnhsyAwNQbVLCRolJ1CrrI9Z7yQF_XPrba_zvcyO18MTW-xijbG-jLtvIm6bHddQ85cRdof5YEymJ9D55Dg7_8f1Lq1UdKt6XSPxz1hF5JgLAVf9FtWYxJjHq0ObWw0mtfbLn6dXTKvTqy1cH88FvkvttK64y4OVJwLUFICgwOBy2FU1xf-zbc7v9uP2hC6FfNd9HuBPZPEckQZwRigtGKTRNImHg3T1xyWEH_INNdfpwujNdT41CNuWQBwvZu0N2ezs2IZ6omvbdwr9QOmptFzIHBo-RhDm_oME5ZTUgF1eLaiKZH1HH4YWg4RPzPI3oGLE_KZETmHsfkEA-SdAiIKNYErglR5tm4pxAFgdpc0lf5ER15h6p7GdaItxM8HEXbg-yzldVBXGJkmBRygsPP-VbAxtOkhaJVgG7qEFBamqZgS-2tzFcS8CWZoYCGv8eWy-qmqBHNDzQGndRKuWIO4iFpu8ts-dmhGxfg0EKmLTtV8RscB_7yf1cG02LO_xXzX1mCrl5CR0aAMapz3zYhee8qr6N80S5xSsxcm51RZBMCf3H-ByeYtH8ATaPhPiT-T4eIazG3rBi5c_5OECwZDE7-cI_G-NC3YViTOrw8NoT3hKVRPGBcru88nlA7q-1t8i6NfL2ABLEBZQ-8MMbZwHRFEgK=w2340-h1080-s-no-gm?authuser=0

While Araujo is coming along okay - not happy with his Pace yet, not sure how long he will stay in the team, but he is a very good player, so I'll stick with him for now and see how he goes.

image.png.4cf6234d14e620ec7ca607aa0bebb4b8.png

image.png.cb0684d7be0f64e4fb6adfd5ed5bbdce.png

 

CMs - When I got screenshots at the beginning McGregor was in the team and Ouedraogo was out injured. It was the other way around by the end. In both cases Sertdemir had replaced them. By the end I was starting to leave McGregor out a little more in favour of Serdemir anyway. And note: I'm training most of them as BTBs players as discussed previously.

image.png.0816277d3b1879202bbd83df0f6e19b8.png

image.png.7ac70d0fc863ef25dab956d1d6c33c6d.png

Sertdemir improved enormously:

image.png.77194d5aa170c5d145a55c405710660b.png

image.png.deb1d8245973aca782f82ef01d7352e8.png

Nypan had improved a lot too, but frustrated with his lack of improvement for Pace:

image.png.ce668ca2da5212aad0a17135142a3ed4.png

image.png.c96103edcd944d5c548ce551460fd045.png

 

Ws - Hyunjun had improved a lot, but Crossing wasn't as good as I wanted:

image.png.801d38cb3307e581bf4eca7ad049a46b.png

image.png.e0084409ab146f1e4e849edc8397a651.png

But Illing is becoming lethal: 

image.png.240df4ef521ce5cf41e877aca671ff6a.png

image.png.7163562601801558d90284a289ba5a38.png

 

AM - Karabec is looking decent too - note I trained him as BTBM to start but switched to DLP to improve creativity once I was happy with his speed and stamina (DLP, not AP, as I don't want him too attacking and I'm guessing AP training might improve things like long shots etc).

image.png.6b96875a80857c34910da1a225faeef6.png

image.png.e1d4d4dc588c1ea9d92bd3887c3512c9.png

 

The Lad:

image.png.cc51b723679de42d3cc940f3f69630f0.png

image.png.521dd15d4bbd8fdb4a5dff8660cb8bcf.png

 

So you can see there has been enormous improvement over the course of the year. Some games were like this: 

image.png.d9a80df272ed8459453e680e1e5a750b.png

And my other 'team' improved equally as well. At the start we were better than most SPL teams, but not by much. By the end we were pretty dominant. But that's nothing compared to what's coming...

There isn't much to it except to get the players playing and make sure the team is winning. That leads to high ratings, which leads to a lot of improvement. 

Well, I say there isn't much too it, but there are always tricks etc that you can make use of to help. Things like mentoring, fining, keeping moral up, tweaking tactics, etc, but they will have to wait for next time.

 

Thanks for reading!. 🙂

 

One thing I think I will never get right is mentoring. Here's my 'Weiper' after one full season. Getting the job done though 

 

Screenshot_2024-04-23-16-46-30-388_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Always follow Scratch instructions... except the tactics 😀 doesn't work very well for me so I create my own and here is the results 

Screenshot_2024-05-17-22-45-46-347_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-17-20-07-57-626_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Nikolay22 said:

Always follow Scratch instructions... except the tactics 😀 doesn't work very well for me so I create my own and here is the results 

Screenshot_2024-05-17-22-45-46-347_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-17-20-07-57-626_com.netflix.NGP.FootballManagerMobile.jpg

Tactic??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is amazing stuff. Really in depth and helpful and should hopefully encourage a few more successful 1k attempts.

For anyone wanting to do a 1k, using this should easily get them there. I think a lot of people are scared off because they see 150+ goals in the second/third season and can’t achieve that. I’ve done about 10 1k’s and have never done that. I did one where my highest goal tally was high 60s but it was 20 seasons long and really enjoyable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joewins said:

This is amazing stuff. Really in depth and helpful and should hopefully encourage a few more successful 1k attempts.

For anyone wanting to do a 1k, using this should easily get them there. I think a lot of people are scared off because they see 150+ goals in the second/third season and can’t achieve that. I’ve done about 10 1k’s and have never done that. I did one where my highest goal tally was high 60s but it was 20 seasons long and really enjoyable. 

Exactly. With a young player you can have 20 seasons+. That’s only 50 goals a season on average. Any more is a bonus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...