Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic My iPod Touch won't lock

Mikkel_BRFC

I have had an iPod Touch for about a year now and since last October my iPod hasn't been locking when I push the lock button. I can't even take screenshots and I want to do that with the Liverpool career I'm going to do.

Can someone help me please?

Taking it to Apple would be your best bet, but check you've got the latest firmware update first. (Drivers may change etc.)

Press and hold the lock and the home button until the iPod resets itself and you see the Apple. I had to do it with my screen for my iPhone once, if that doesn't work then reset it to factory settings via your computer.

Yes it will so make sure it backs your iPod before. I am fairly confident the first method will work unless a wire in your button is loose then nothing will work.

Try the first method if not it is the connection with the wire, if it has been dropped or pressed too hard it may have loosened the solder and the wire has moved.

I am currently downloading the update for the iPod Touch because I haven't done an update for the iPod before so that MIGHT be the reason. If that doesn't work then I'll try your suggestion Dec of resetting the iPod to it's facotry settings.

I've done the first option you recomended and that didn't work. If none of those works then I'll just go into the Apple Store and ask them.