Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Pokemon

Dec

It's not bad tbf, just a tutorialish demo. Shows how some the features work like Z moves, Pokemon riding and the trails. Pokemon riding is really fun and team Skull look interesting, their stances are just funny haha. 

Worst part is Nintendo hid data which has been found so loads of leaks which are hard to avoid :(. Really thought they'd have learnt their lesson with stuff like this but oh well. 

All in all it gave me the taste I was craving, now to wait for release! I have a month to storm through the rest of DQ :/. 

The starters are revealed so the all important question is which one will you pick? 

The grass one for me all day long, it looks awesome :D 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

The starters are revealed so the all important question is which one will you pick? 

The grass one for me all day long, it looks awesome :D 

In all the games I have played I always go grass and I will probably continue that trend

3 hours ago, Ashez said:

Team grass whoop whoop! 

Sun and Moon are now the most preordered game in Nintendo's history :O 

Wow that is impressive but after playing the demo I'm worried will this game be too much of a step away from the traditional games. I am excited for the new features though and hopefully this game is worth it.

I don't like the water one and I haven't the entire line, the fire one also ended up being rather disappointing after a solid start. I've always been a sucker for a bow and arrow though so I knew the grass type was for me with the Chinese leak. Dunno what it is with bows and arrows but I've always seen it as the coolest weapon. 

As for the new features I think they're exciting and needed, the game has been somewhat samey and stale for a while. No longer needing HM's is great and riding Pokemon is great fun, I do hope the available rentals is a big list though. As for the trails I think it will depend on how they're handled as they were too easy in the demo, I'm hoping that's because it's like a tutorial though and that the actual game is less hand holdy. 

The way they've marketed the game has been brilliant as the hype just hasn't stopped, my only worry is that the game will have no surprises left as they've shown so much already. For example it's the first time the final starters have been revealed bar Blaziken. 

10 hours ago, Dec said:

Am I the only person unimpressed with all 3 starter evolutions?

I agree. I have seen the fire and water evolutions aren't very unique. Honestly the fire one looks like a mix between Machamp and Purlion (Cat head and muscles) while the water one looks like Seadra and Ilkay mixed. The grass one looks unique and cool though so that should be good.

3 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I agree. I have seen the fire and water evolutions aren't very unique. Honestly the fire one looks like a mix between Machamp and Purlion (Cat head and muscles) while the water one looks like Seadra and Ilkay mixed. The grass one looks unique and cool though so that should be good.

I don't know why the fire is fire/dark too. Though fire/fighting is already filled with Blaziken. I was hoping for unique typings and cool looking evolutions but the fact that the cat is now not a cat is not Pokemon-esque at all. I hate grass starters purely because you get so many grass pokemon so it is a waste to get one. I feel like it is a waste too as you can get stronger electric and water types that cover both effectiveness and more with a 2nd typing.

I normally go with:
Electric
Water
Fire
Rock
Ghost

With secondary of:
Flying
Dragon
Fairy
Fighting

This seems to cover most bases

3 hours ago, Dec said:

I don't know why the fire is fire/dark too. Though fire/fighting is already filled with Blaziken. I was hoping for unique typings and cool looking evolutions but the fact that the cat is now not a cat is not Pokemon-esque at all. I hate grass starters purely because you get so many grass pokemon so it is a waste to get one. I feel like it is a waste too as you can get stronger electric and water types that cover both effectiveness and more with a 2nd typing.

I normally go with:
Electric
Water
Fire
Rock
Ghost

With secondary of:
Flying
Dragon
Fairy
Fighting

This seems to cover most bases

I know what you mean. After X and Y released a new type, I was hoping for even more combinations that work well (like Ghost/Dark and Dark/Poison) or a decent but instead we're getting combos that are almost useless like this fire and dark type who is weak to 5 types of Pokemon and good against 6 and while this may sound ok consider that there are 18 types which means this Pokemon is good against a 1/3 of Pokemon, weak to 1/3 of Pokemon and neutral against 1/3 of Pokemon which means every time you battle you have a 1 in 3 chance of being weak to your opponent every time you battle. I personally would not want to take that risk

Just completed my living dex :D. Just missing some events, if anyone has a Volcanion, Diancie or Meloetta for trade give us a shout, hopefully getting Genesect from Game when I go to town so just four to go :D

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

Just completed my living dex :D. Just missing some events, if anyone has a Volcanion, Diancie or Meloetta for trade give us a shout, hopefully getting Genesect from Game when I go to town so just four to go :D

Congratulations mate. Sorry I don't have any of the events you needs. Hopefully you get them soon. 

25 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations mate. Sorry I don't have any of the events you needs. Hopefully you get them soon. 

This comment inspired me to check the GTS and I got a Volcanion :D. 1 down 3 to go and I should be able to get the one :D

7 hours ago, Ashez said:

This comment inspired me to check the GTS and I got a Volcanion :D. 1 down 3 to go and I should be able to get the one :D

Wow, maybe this comment can get you another Pokemon you need:D. Btw congratulations again because it is really hard to get every Pokemon you see

Just got it downloaded and fired up... had to get a new sd card. This game is massive. Loving the art style and not looking like a 5 year old.

The mc's are all androgynous as all getout though.

20 odd hours in (first trail third island beat) and I'm loving this game, just everything about it is awesome! I'm enjoying it way more than X/Y and ORAS, just the art, the world and the Pokemon is all a joy to experience. I was terrified it wouldn't live up to the expectations it had but IMO it's the best Pokemon game in years!