Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Tumblr

ImABlueToo

You aren't breaking any rules. What is Tumblr? Care to explain.

No I'm not breaking Vibes rules. I'm breaking Tumblrs rules. You aren't meant to mention it in public, people can only join on invitation although people just join randomly anyway so...

It's like just a facebook where you can post thing, re post other peoples things and eventually if people like the sort of stuff you post than they will follow you although it doesn't mean that will always happen. For example I've been on it since around July, I follow around 30 people but only have like 8 follows. just because you follow them doesn't mean it causes a "friendship" like on Facebook. So really it's like twitter on that aspect. It's like a blog so whereas you can post pictures and videos on there own and stuff....to write text you have like a title which on facebook is the status and then underneath the main text is where people gp more indepth although some people just write a title like "David Cameron Is A Winnit" and then ... underneath. Not many people know about it as it's kept quite secret and there are a list of rules. The most important being don't link it to Facebook...

It's more one of those things you have to learn about as you go along....

I know it isn't much of an explanation but it's more than I got when I joined.

Ssssh Jens, did I mention these rules are unofficial lmao.

It's just the people who use Tumblr don't like people from Facebook because they just ruin the whole concept of it. I myself aren't bothered but oh well anyway...

By secret I meant the people who use it don't like to talk of it due to reasons above, not because the owners don't want to...

But it is quite good and alot of people use it as a way to get their work seen like a guy I follow publish a poem every 4 days about differant aspects of Harry Potter. Or another guy who draws sketchs and has to scan them and stuff. They're quite funny. I just use it as a way to express myself...