Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The official WWE thread

JeffreyA

John Cena was my idle when I was younger :wub:

I think wrestling is great to watch even if it is fake/scripted you don't think oh that was fake when your watching it I don't see why everyone is going crazy. Sadly I don't watch anymore as I don't have Sky :(

Am I the only one (other than Rafa) who grew up watching in there prime, the Rock, Steve Austin, Hogan, Flair, HHH, HBK and a young John Cena?

Am I the only one (other than Rafa) who grew up watching in there prime, the Rock, Steve Austin, Hogan, Flair, HHH, HBK and a young John Cena?

Just about :mellow:.

You're the only one - i never watched it ;)

I got into it Late 06' The MVP Kane feud and Kennedy Taker one got me hooked. I actually Loved MVP :wub: He was my favourite,

Some of the people at school go how Cena's the best blardy blah, when I go Punk is the best entertainer since Stone Cold and Hunter back in the day, they go Im talking bull! :huh: :lol:

No, you aren't.

WWE was only good 2006 and before, now it's just pure scripted shite. Gone from entertaining and exciting to slow boring shite.

Same with TNA

WWE was only good 2006 and before, now it's just pure scripted shite. Gone from entertaining and exciting to slow boring shite.

Same with TNA

Maybe you just grew up ;)

Nope i watched bits of this type when i was younger. Been watching since Cena first joined though.

It is scripted but its entertaining, i've been to 2 shows and they were great to watch, especially when someone from a rival city/country starts slating the city your in.

Wade Barrett (from M*nchester) done it when i went and watched it in the Echo Arena, Drew McIntyre raved on about Scotland the same night :)

Anyways enough of those 2 no hope losers, its all about...

RANDY ORTON!!!

:D

I've decided to watch my first wrestling in ages with the Royal Rumble later. Anybody else viewing it?

Also just saw last half of 2001 Royal Rumble and nostalgia'd so hard :D

I thought it was stonewall that Jericho would win. As a result Punk will drop at EC. It's obvious those two are going to feud they simply have too. Punk claims he's the best in the world. As does Jericho.

Wrestlemania 28

Jericho Vs Punk

Cena Vs Rock

Taker Vs Hunter-Probz

:wub:

They are but we do not know the storylines Rafa ;)

I did find that the Rumble was a bit of an anti-climax especially for #30 when at the union we were all hyped up for a big named return only for it to be The Big Show. I had my money on Jericho to win, however that was not the case either

But it will be Sheamus vs Bryan at WM28 with Punk vs Jericho as what Ray said both claiming to be the best in the world

However, there are rumours going around that Jericho is going to face Taker at Mania before Taker retires for good

I stoped watching it after Stone Cold left because it just wasn't the same without him and now its been PG'd its turned crap compared to what i used to watch religiously as a kid lol. I would prob still watch it though but i just don't seem to like anyone init anymore, only person i'd watch is Randy :).

I was fairly disappointed in it. I really enjoy when they like bring people back for it, like with RVD in 2009, which is why I was in awe when I heard 'Oh you didn't know!' But I expected them to fill slots better rather then having all 3 announcers come in, Jim Duggan coming back too and I don't know if he's an actual wrestler or not but Alberto Del Rio's personal ring announcer too, oh and I also see Santino is still the same. Socko Vs Cobra was pretty stupid too, and as much of a legend he is Mick Foley seems like he can barely walk any more. Also before hand, like Ollie said, I heard from people that there was going to be some big name return with people saying names like Goldberg which got me excited, only for nothing to happen. Sheamus is a good choice for winner, I liked him before I stopped watching it constantly so it wasn't all that bad.

Missed the Drew McIntyre Vs Brodus Clay match since my stream messed up, happens every time I stream a wrestling event. Kane Vs Cena was good since Cena getting the shit kicked out of him. Punk, Ziggler was good apart from the generic 'he pins him x amount of times but hasn't won because of something to do with the bad guy'. Didn't watch Divas match. Finally the steel cage match wasn't all that great but there probably isn't much to do with a small guy against two massive guys, and they should get rid of the whole pin/submit/through the door aspect of winning and just have them climbing over the top as its not really all that special otherwise.

Overall I wasn't too pleased with it as I usually expect a lot from Royal Rumble but then again I did have high expectations as i wanted it to give me a reason to fully get back into it, not too sure on if I will or not.

Ollie@ I think it was me who pointed it out not Ray! :P

Franco@ As you've not been watching it, you wouldn't know. However you could argue Randy Orton was the suprise return.

Well the way people were going about it seemed like it was going to be someone from years ago, some were saying Goldberg, Lesnar etc. But that's more the fault of the people saying that. Hopefully its Road Dogg and it wasn't a one off and he comes back and wins the title at Mania, it reminds me of back in day playing Smackdown 2 ;)

My apologies Jay, I clearly read the wrong name :lol:

Although Ortons return was big from his injury, it wasn't as succesful as it could have been as he returned on Smackdown before hand so his impact was not as strong.

@Franco, they had the divas and Brodus Clay vs Drew McIntyre matches as fillers as the Triple threat was short due to Henry sustaining an injury weeks prior to the event.

The end to Cenas match was not what I expected with him getting Chokeslammed rather than AAing Kane which is what was expected and it had also prevent Cenas heel turn due to it.

Jericho aint worthy of facing THE BEST IN THE WORLD!

Also, he said all that in his last spell, he might be totally different this time around, time will tell though :)

I hope Boringaitis is sacked tonight, although i have a horrible feeling his ass licking last night will save him, if he's not sacked because of that, it shows how twisted the storylines are.

Roll on RAW tonight :D