Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The official WWE thread

JeffreyA

@Franco, they had the divas and Brodus Clay vs Drew McIntyre matches as fillers as the Triple threat was short due to Henry sustaining an injury weeks prior to the event.

Yeah I know just I never watch diva matches as I never find them as interesting since most of them can barely wrestle and the other one I just missed completely thanks to the stream, and I wanted to see what all the fuss my mate was making about the 'Funkasaurus' :lol:

Yeah it was when they had the weird ring set up with the entrance being down middle instead of being from left I think it was?

Yeh thats the one. Was my first RR I can remember getting goosebumps at that bit I don't know why...... ^_^

My apologies Jay, I clearly read the wrong name :lol:

Although Ortons return was big from his injury, it wasn't as succesful as it could have been as he returned on Smackdown before hand so his impact was not as strong.

@Franco, they had the divas and Brodus Clay vs Drew McIntyre matches as fillers as the Triple threat was short due to Henry sustaining an injury weeks prior to the event.

The end to Cenas match was not what I expected with him getting Chokeslammed rather than AAing Kane which is what was expected and it had also prevent Cenas heel turn due to it.

Oh I didn't see Smackdown! :lol:

And if Cena does turn heel IMO he'll defeat the Rock-which I think he will anyway.

I thought they'd never turn Cena heel since all the little children seem to adore him and they'd turn against him when heel which would stop the sale of a lot of his merchandise. Same thing with Rey Mysterio and his mask.

I hate Cena with a passion and he's one of the main reasons i lost interest in wrestling but nothing will ever beat the wcw/ecw vs wwf story line, i can still remember the excitement as Austin and Angle turned!!

Jericho aint worthy of facing THE BEST IN THE WORLD!

Looks like Jericho is facing Punk ;)

I did say it

HBK has a 99% chance of being Special Guest Referee at WM in Takers supposed last ever match in the WWE giving him 20-0 streak at WM :)

@Franco, Cena wants to turn heel as in order to further his career and to follow in the Rock's footsteps to being the best! However, the board do not want it as they will lose money due to it despite the fact it worked with The Rock :blink:

Jericho aint worthy of facing THE BEST IN THE WORLD!

Looks like Jericho is facing Punk ;)

I did say it

HBK has a 99% chance of being Special Guest Referee at WM in Takers supposed last ever match in the WWE giving him 20-0 streak at WM :)

@Franco, Cena wants to turn heel as in order to further his career and to follow in the Rock's footsteps to being the best! However, the board do not want it as they will lose money due to it despite the fact it worked with The Rock :blink:

I said it first........ :unsure:

Interseting that Cena isn't in the EC match either, 1 more vs Kane or something along the lines of Rocky.

MY PREDICTION!

CM PUNK AND JERICHO LAST TWO IN THE EC Y2J WINS AND THEN JERICHO FACES CM AT WM28.

Maybe you did say it first Jay :lol:

Might have been thinking of where I am

But, interesting that is. Not quite sure on the story line tbh

My initial thought was that Cena and Rock would team up against....... Like 2007? HBK/CENA Taker/Batista.

However two things get in the way of that, a) Survivor Series and b) They wouldn't do it with a title. So another big feud would have to be created. Taker/HHH perhaps?

So its the Elimination Chamber tomorrow night with the card looking like this

Raw Elimination Chamber;

CM Punk ©

Dolph Ziggler

Chris Jericho

The Miz

R-Truth

Kofi Kingston

For this I can see it being quite close. However, I reckon it will end up with Punk and Jericho as the final 2 where Jericho wins gaining back the title. Then at Wrestlemania it will be Jericho vs Punk in a match classed as the best in the world.

Smackdown Elimination Chamber;

Daniel Bryan ©

Wade Barrett

Cody Rhodes

Big Show

The Great Khali

Santino Marella

Quite obviously Santino is unlikely to win this. But out of the rest of them it will be a close call. But I reckon Bryan will retain it somehow and then have to face Orton at WM where he will lose the title.

Ambulance Match;

John Cena vs Kane

It appears Cena has embraced the hate that has been given by Kane over recent weeks and the rivalry will end here. And due to the fact Cena has a match at WM against the Rock my guess is he is most likely to win than lose.

WWE Divas Championship Match;

Beth Pheonix © vs Tamina Snuka

Not really the most exciting match but both show good strength going into the PPV. Not sure who will win tbh but my guess will be the daughter of Superfly, Tamina :)

What are your guys opinions?

I pretty much agree with you on all apart from the divas match in which I am indifferent about as I never watch diva matches since they're so boring. But what's the deal with Santino being in Chamber? Was this done on Smackdown last night as I haven't seen it yet? But still couldn't they get anyone else to do it? The whole Santino gimmick is too old now and just annoys me.

Santino won an open battle royal for the final spot in the match. This is due to the fact that on Raw on Monday Orton suffered a concussion after a blow to the head from Bryan and the medical team have said he is not cleared to compete.

Honestly they could have got someone better to do it such as Brodus Clay as he has been a massive impact since returning, and I guess there is not much comedy in the actual event itself so they may have put Santino there to lighten things up :lol:

Right, but the Elimination Chamber isn't meant to have laughs, this lowers the hype I have for this match now. They'll have him eliminated straight away and will devalue the match <_<

I was going to stay up but I was too tired so went to bed surprisingly early for me and recorded it instead. Just finished watching it now, wasn't too bad from what I saw.

I was disapointed init in truth guess thats why i stopped watching it a few years back lol.

I duno how these jokes can try and compete with wwe of old, neither of the chambers rosters could compare to the 6 man hell in a cell and i also found it pretty obvious what was going to happen which is shocking since the last wwe i watched was last years chamber.

In the spoilers incase some of you haven't seen yet, but mah opinions on results, happenings and weird attraction to one wrestler.

The first Chamber was okay, I like Jericho and Punk, Ziggler and Miz are good too so I enjoyed that match. I thought Jericho would win the match for the rematch clause to be a Mania but now with the whole him not being able to continue I can see Jericho saying he didn't rightly get eliminated and it'll hype up the match for Mania more now.The other Chamber I wasn't all that keen on even before it happened as Santino and Khali are goddam awful and shouldn't be there in my opinion, Rhodes wouldn't have won it as he's Intercontinental Champ already and they wouldn't have him have both. So that left Barrett, Show and Bryan. When it got into the match, the idea of having Khali eliminated straight away and have Santino in the last two were piss poor ideas. Barrett and Rhodes did well in it but it was still obvious Bryan would win.I thought Cena, Kane match was good. Although I usually dislike Cena I did enjoy the match, was obvious he was going to win, but still glad they had shit like Chokeslam through table and whatever Cena's special move is that was FU off of the top of ambulance.Only caught glimpses of Swagger, Gabriel match so can't comment on that. And I refuse to watch Divas as they're usually boring matches, Beth Phoenix wasn't too bad when I first saw her just beating everyone other year, no idea on Tamina? But still for some reason after I fast forwarded the match I surprisingly said to myself that I'd give Beth Phoenix one.

Franco, I agree with you completely. However, Khali if he was heel would be much better he cannot do a face character. Santino on the other hand actually impressed me for once. Be it he didn't deserve to be there, but actually giving him the most pins and doing some good wrestling for once going to the limit was pretty good. He can clearly wrestle and if they change his personality he can go far.

Cena was an obv seeing as in 6 weeks he is at Mania

Didn't care for the Divas

And personally I felt that Swagger should have lost to Gabriel who is phenomenal and really needs a push!

But Khali cannot wrestle for shit, he's awful. Seems to mess up a fair bit for me, hardly uses many moves and has no character what so ever, unless he's grown since last year. Santino impressed me too but, as you said, shouldn't have been there, he's a comical wrestler and using him in such a match seemed a waste to me. Needs a change of gimmick and a new moveset for me to start liking him. But as I don't like him it seems many others do as the crowd got really worked up for him so he'll be staying as he is for now.

I think when you look at PPVs they all seem a bit of a joke at times. Take Royal Rumble, Michael Cole, Jerry Lawler and Booker all entered, Ricardo Rodriguez entered, Jim Duggan...it was a bit of a joke tbh.

You get losers like Chris Jericho who come back and are virtually given a chance at a major title straight away. He never earnt the right to compete at the EC, there are superstars who could do with a big push, but very few seem to get them nowadays, the only recent ones i can think of are Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler, Zack Ryder got one, but with his injuries, thats virtually going down the pan imo.

The matches were too predictable, i think in all the matches apart from the Swagger vs Gabriel match, the last elimination in the chamber hit their finisher first only to lose shortly after, same thing happened in the Divas match and between Cena and Kane, all too predictable for me.

I'm sorry but is anyone else buzzing about WM!?

Hunter Vs Taker HELL IN A CELL

Cena Vs Rock

Punk Vs Jericho. The promos will be immence

ARGHHHHHHHHHH

I'm excited for it as all 4 matches announced so far should be good, the 3 you've said and Bryan V Sheamus. But Taker V HHH in the cell is what I'm most hyped about, Hell in a Cell is usually good. Just hope they don't ruin it now by putting in some crappy 1 minute match that I seem to see a lot, most pointless thing ever.

Baring in mind I have not seen Smackdown yet so dunno what's happened there. But last week I was talking to a mate and we was thinking of maybe there being a 4 on 4, 5 on 5 sort of match for Laurinitis V Long. Del Rio, Christian, Henry, probably Otunga and someone else like Ziggler versus whoever Teddy gets and the winner is the GM to run both shows? Now if somethings happened on Smackdown about these two at Mania I'm gonna look a massive dick now but whatever, what you guys think? :lol:

Personally, I can see there is going to be a match between Laurenitis and Teddy at Mania similar to the one when it was McMahon vs Trump.

Both choose a candidate to fight for them and the winner of that becomes GM for both shows