Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2012 How to create a changes.txt

Dec

Hi, I hope this gets seen. I know I'm about 6 years behind so this is just a long shot.

I'm still playing the 2012 game on PSP and I've been trying to make a changes.txt file but I seem to be largely unsuccessful. I have managed to rename all of the English leagues and I've been trying to move the teams round into the leagues that they're currently in. 

As far as I can tell, I've followed your guide to the letter but the teams just will not move. The only exceptions are AFC Fylde and Maidstone United who seem to have moved into the National League though I can't see that I've done their codes any differently to the other teams.

I've been doing trial and error with this for a while and I just can't figure this out. Help!!

13 hours ago, GeorgeSouth14 said:

Hi, I hope this gets seen. I know I'm about 6 years behind so this is just a long shot.

I'm still playing the 2012 game on PSP and I've been trying to make a changes.txt file but I seem to be largely unsuccessful. I have managed to rename all of the English leagues and I've been trying to move the teams round into the leagues that they're currently in. 

As far as I can tell, I've followed your guide to the letter but the teams just will not move. The only exceptions are AFC Fylde and Maidstone United who seem to have moved into the National League though I can't see that I've done their codes any differently to the other teams.

I've been doing trial and error with this for a while and I just can't figure this out. Help!!

Whoa, this is a bit vintage! :D Great to see the older games still being played.

I'm not going to be able to personally help you at all, but a couple of bits of advice I've noticed from our recent tests for FMM18 which have also caught me out. They might give you a bit of a hand.

• Do all promotions/relegations in the changes.txt first before you do any league or club renaming
  • Try to make sure that promotions/relegations are "grouped" if possible. This will stop the game getting confused where there is momentarily 22 teams in one league and 18 in another (for example)
  • Make sure you are using the "full" name of the club. This isn't always what is visible on the club page, and can take a bit of luck to get it right. (Think F.C. or FC at the end of some club names).

Keep us informed - it'll be great to hear if you get this working! :) 

Wow, thank you for the reply. I wasn't sure I'd get one given how old the post is. I shall certainly try what you've suggested.

I have some further queries with regards to this. Firstly, as you've advised renaming leagues after doing the club stuff, should I put the original league names in the club edits or the new league names?

Secondly, even though they aren't playable, do I need the leagues below the National League (National League North etc.) to have the correct amount of teams in it or should it not make a difference? If those leagues do need to have the correct amount of teams, what do I do about the teams even lower down; the ones that instead of having a league on their profile, just say "English Club".

Thirdly, as you say promotions and relegations should be grouped, would I be better off doing them chronologically (pros/rels from 2011/12, then pros/rels from 2012/13 and so on) or just have the teams that have moved in that time with the league that they should be in (eg. Bournemouth in Premier League).

Any advice on these points that you can offer, I'd be very grateful.

On 20/09/2018 at 07:05, GeorgeSouth14 said:

I have some further queries with regards to this. Firstly, as you've advised renaming leagues after doing the club stuff, should I put the original league names in the club edits or the new league names?

Original names. The file is basically read line-by-line by the game and the change done in place at that time. So, until you have renamed the clubs (at the end), always use the original.

Secondly, even though they aren't playable, do I need the leagues below the National League (National League North etc.) to have the correct amount of teams in it or should it not make a difference? If those leagues do need to have the correct amount of teams, what do I do about the teams even lower down; the ones that instead of having a league on their profile, just say "English Club".

I believe you have to go one level below the leagues that are playable in your save, otherwise you'll get a crash at the end of a season. You might need to play around with this honestly to see what works.

Thirdly, as you say promotions and relegations should be grouped, would I be better off doing them chronologically (pros/rels from 2011/12, then pros/rels from 2012/13 and so on) or just have the teams that have moved in that time with the league that they should be in (eg. Bournemouth in Premier League).

Good point... I'd be tempted in this case to ignore the grouping that I suggested and just do it "as now", just making sure that your numbers match up at the end. :)

Hello, reupdating this topic after almost 3 years, but i didn't wanted to create a new topic for a simple question.

I'm playing FMH 11 on my PSP, and i wanted to rename a team in Italian Serie C1/B (Pisa), and I wrote this:

"CLUB" "Pisa" "Italy" "Civitavecchia" "Civitavecchia" "" ""

but nothing changes.

Civitavecchia is a club which is in the Italian 6th Division, so is not in the Database, so is this the problem? Is there a way to only rename a team (not moving)?

Update: I found a way to do that modding the language files in the ISO, but anyway I'm curious about the answer

Thank you

Edited by bazzigoplay297
Update