Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Ramblings

Saul

Not even started to learn yet, I won't be able to afford a car and I'll be going to uni next year so won't really need to use one then so I don't see the point in starting to learn :lol:

I will not buy a car anytime soon either, but I'm planning on taking part in a carpool. It will be cool to be able to get a car in the weekends to go visit someplaces around here.

My freaking cable tv provider is screwing me over. No TV/phone/internet in the last 24hours... Having to stream internet from my mobile really sucks :(

And downloading iOS 5 in these conditions is taking FOREVER!

I'm in a lot of trouble at school, first couple of assessments I failed, then I have another afterschool detention for not doing enough French work. I think that it's totally unfair because I work my arse off in those lessons, people around me don't do half as much as me and don't get in trouble, and if this is the schools attempt to push me, it is pathetic.

God (Irish) Handball is actually brilliant and im quite good at it(my first time playing) :cool: but my right hand is now swollen :unsure:

and Damn i have a 3 A4 page essay to write for Monday in English :angry: im crap at english

God (Irish) Handball is actually brilliant and im quite good at it(my first time playing) :cool: but my right hand is now swollen :unsure:

and Damn i have a 3 A4 page essay to write for Monday in English :angry: im crap at english

God (Irish) Handball is actually brilliant and I'm quite good at it(my first time playing) :cool: but my right hand is now swollen :unsure:

And damn I have a 3 A4 page essay to write for Monday in English :angry: I'm crap at English

We can see that quite clearly Dylan ;)

Put in a complaint :D

No one ever listens :( they only care about the bad things I do (prepare for worst case scenario!) like if I stop Global Warming totally but my 'plan for the future' has one typo they would come down on me like a ton of bricks.

God (Irish) Handball is actually brilliant and I'm quite good at it(my first time playing) :cool: but my right hand is now swollen :unsure:

And damn I have a 3 A4 page essay to write for Monday in English :angry: I'm crap at English

We can see that quite clearly Dylan ;)

Jee Ollie thanks for building up my confidence :unsure: and when I meant 'crap at English' I mean can't write essays Crap not dyslexic crap ;)

Hey guys,

I need help on Monday I need to have a 3 A4 page English essay done but don't no what to write about, any topic suggestions this is the heading

'It had all culminated to this point in my life'

It's a type of heading I have never been giving before to write about so I'm stuck,Im more fimiliar with essay like 'My summer' etc

Please help :unsure:

Culminated is a sum, a total, so 'It had all culminated to this point in my life' means 'Everything in my life led me up to/prepared me for this point in my life'.

The actual thing that you could write about is an unlimited selection of options, for example:

A bomb-disposal expert defusing a bomb that would blow up Heathrow

A nervous kid who is actually incredibly smart who is getting ready for a test

A rioter about to start a riot that would ensure the downfall of a corrupt corporation/government

My English teacher told me that :wub: :wub: :wub:

But seriously she said 'culminated' meant ' it had all came together to this point in my life'

No I'm even more fucked :unsure: I don't no who to believe teacher or jeff?

Culminate

-> Reach a climax or point of highest development: "the tensions culminated in World War II".

-> Be the climax or point of highest development of: "her book culminated a research project on Escher".

No I'm even more fucked :unsure: I don't no who to believe teacher or jeff?

Teacher as she's the one looking for the story back so she obviously told you one version of the meaning to base your essay on

A bomb-disposal expert defusing a bomb that would blow up Heathrow

A nervous kid who is actually incredibly smart who is getting ready for a test

A rioter about to start a riot that would ensure the downfall of a corrupt corporation/government

First of all, what would culminate in life?

-> Study for exams

-> Training for a match

-> Working towards a promotion at work

-> Going out with a girl until you ask her to marry her

-> Saving up money for something special

See if you get an idea off them

They're both right <_<

Your teacher said that its everything had come together whereas Jeff said everything led up. Basically when everything was leading up to this point it came together for this moment, this 'climax or point of highest development'. ;)

I might go for the last one, I was saving up for my first car or something like that. But the heading I was giving has to be in my essay,and she says it means 'come together' so it doesn't really make sense with them headings or does it?

They're both right <_<

Your teacher said that its everything had come together whereas Jeff said everything led up. Basically when everything was leading up to this point it came together for this moment, this 'climax or point of highest development'. ;)

:D

Who wants to take part in a social/psychological test?

Basically, just type your answer to this question:

A man and his son are driving down the M25. The car crashes and sadly the man dies, but the son survives... Barely

He is rushed to hospital for life saving emergency surgery when just before he is taken into theatre, the Head surgeon says:

"I can't do this operation, this boy is my son."

How does it make sense?