Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

Just now, Mr Tree said:

ecstatic mate, a real statement of intent. i thought our biggest mistake coming up could be failing to upgrade on Pontus at the back, but going for and then actually getting this target is just bloody amazing. let's hope it works out!!

I bet! Its a class signing in my opinion, and at that price i'm surprised some of the other 'bigger' teams weren't in for him actually. Would of liked him down at B6 personally. 

8 hours ago, JamesVilla said:

B145926F-1032-4997-ACA8-622A36793232.thumb.jpeg.d483fd03c4c45291d4d4d398b99206fa.jpeg

Looks like it’s confirmed now. I guess there’s a reason to manage Brentford in the next FMM then @Mr Tree :D 

10 hours ago, Mr Tree said:

ecstatic mate, a real statement of intent. i thought our biggest mistake coming up could be failing to upgrade on Pontus at the back, but going for and then actually getting this target is just bloody amazing. let's hope it works out!!

Will make sure that my first career will be with The Bees

30 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

Apparently we are in for Leon Bailey, now that would be a statement signing!!

Mind giving us Jack if that so?

3 minutes ago, Daejeoncitizenworship said:

No give us Jack Grealish

We actually need him, unlike city

The last time your club managed to sign a player of Grealish calibre was in 2015 and it’s your nation’s best player mate 😂

6 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

The last time your club managed to sign a player of Grealish calibre was in 2015 and it’s your nation’s best player mate 😂

I have serious doubts Jack will go this season. If we fail to get European football, he will go next summer. 

6 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

I have serious doubts Jack will go this season. If we fail to get European football, he will go next summer. 

We have a task then

Speechless

Whoops got duped by a fake account.

But these £160m rumours on Kane 😮

Edited by Ashez
9 hours ago, Ashez said:

Speechless

Whoops got duped by a fake account.

But these £160m rumours on Kane 😮

Honestly if Levy gets anything around that I will be amazed 

I honesty didn't expect Jack to go this season. 

It hurts emotionally, of course it will. He is meant to be 'one of our own', local boyhood fan done good kinda thing. 

There is new information coming out daily about his headspace, and it appears that he has wanted a move for a while and was happy to go to Man United last year, but a bid never came. 

I think his head got turned massively at the euros, and with having his so called 'super' agent, it was never going to end well for us. 

But, if i take my villa glasses off and look at this from a business view. £100m. Its a hell of lot of money, especially for a player who hasn't completed a full season for 3/4 years at least, never scored an international goal, never won a club competition, who is clearly trying to focus on their own 'brand' and image, rather than football. Its an incredible deal for us. But, his value to our team, and our hearts is more.

I hope we use this money wisely, and with Ings coming in, and potentially JWP too. I think we have. It will be nice to not be known as Jack Grealish FC for abit, and not be so reliant on one player to win games. 

That being said, I don't wish him well. I understand his reasonings, but we are looking like a team on the up, with real potential to knock on the door for Europe and he is off. I hope he fails, gets no game-time and realizes what he has left behind.  

4 minutes ago, JamesVilla said:

I honesty didn't expect Jack to go this season. 

It hurts emotionally, of course it will. He is meant to be 'one of our own', local boyhood fan done good kinda thing. 

There is new information coming out daily about his headspace, and it appears that he has wanted a move for a while and was happy to go to Man United last year, but a bid never came. 

I think his head got turned massively at the euros, and with having his so called 'super' agent, it was never going to end well for us. 

But, if i take my villa glasses off and look at this from a business view. £100m. Its a hell of lot of money, especially for a player who hasn't completed a full season for 3/4 years at least, never scored an international goal, never won a club competition, who is clearly trying to focus on their own 'brand' and image, rather than football. Its an incredible deal for us. But, his value to our team, and our hearts is more.

I hope we use this money wisely, and with Ings coming in, and potentially JWP too. I think we have. It will be nice to not be known as Jack Grealish FC for abit, and not be so reliant on one player to win games. 

That being said, I don't wish him well. I understand his reasonings, but we are looking like a team on the up, with real potential to knock on the door for Europe and he is off. I hope he fails, gets no game-time and realizes what he has left behind.  

Yeah, it’s bad for the Villa fan perspective but all the new signings are brilliant so far and if JWP goes through, that would be nuts. Conference League is pretty much assured I can say. I think I have something for you too:

Spoiler

9AAB1430-E4BD-4619-BBDF-413482F824B5.thumb.jpeg.4e70399fe77f92d64a1484a8f7aebb85.jpeg

A new profile pic 😂

8 minutes ago, broodje kip said:

Yeah, it’s bad for the Villa fan perspective but all the new signings are brilliant so far and if JWP goes through, that would be nuts. Conference League is pretty much assured I can say. I think I have something for you too:

Reveal hidden contents

9AAB1430-E4BD-4619-BBDF-413482F824B5.thumb.jpeg.4e70399fe77f92d64a1484a8f7aebb85.jpeg

A new profile pic 😂

It wouldn't of been as bad from our view, if he hadn't of spouted off not 10 months ago, about how this is his club, his home and he believes in the project the owners put to him. 

That is what hurts, the fact we've been played for a year, when all he actually wants is that instant success, rather than having to work for just one trophy. 

You've completely pulled City's pants down imo, an embarrassing sum of money. I like Grealish, I think he's a decent player but come on £100m? 

English tax and the fact he got over hyped by not playing at the Euros all worked into Villa's favour of running laughing to the bank. I'm not sure how it got to £100m as he's not an elite prospect with potential or the ready made star, it's like being English doubled his price. 

Don't get me wrong a midfield of KDB and Grealish is mouthwatering. Yet both are injury prone, I suppose KDB is 5 years older so by time he leaves/retires Grealish will be ready to step into his shoes in theory, with Foden naturally replacing Grealish in 2-3 years. Unless this has been done due to the influence of KDB dropping in recent years due to availability. 

Like I wouldn't have been against Liverpool going for Grealish but if we were going for him at £100m I'd be questioning it. Granted our finances aren't as daft as City's but I just can't see how that fee is justified. 

Like apparently £10m more gets you Lukaku who is one the most proven goalscorers going. It's still daft money but I can see the reasoning there haha. 

If City really splash £250 odd million on Grealish and Kane, who have massive injury issues it just shows they're playing a different sport as no other club would spend so recklessly and potentially poorly. Maybe City think they can get them over their injury issues but it's still a £250m gamble. Obviously Kane is speculation but he wouldn't spit his dummy out if he didn't know a move is in the pipeline and it's not like anyone else could afford him. 

21 minutes ago, Rob said:

Would laugh my head off if he ended up at City and Kane didn’t

If any club could afford both 🤷‍♂️

8 minutes ago, Ashez said:

If any club could afford both 🤷‍♂️

Absolutely!

I can’t help but think Kane will end up at Chelsea in the end.

Got a feeling Messi will actually stay at Barca even with this announcement. Is La Liga there pressuring to change the rules apparently. If not be will go to PSG.

Dream would be prem team so I can watch him every week or Juve to go with Ronaldo!

1 hour ago, Rob said:

Absolutely!

I can’t help but think Kane will end up at Chelsea in the end.

Aren't they close to Lukaku?

19 minutes ago, Rich said:

Got a feeling Messi will actually stay at Barca even with this announcement. Is La Liga there pressuring to change the rules apparently. If not be will go to PSG.

Dream would be prem team so I can watch him every week or Juve to go with Ronaldo!

Yeah I've seen that, especially as Madrid also put something out at the same time. They didn't buckle to their pressure last time though. 

Aren't Juve skint? I can only see him going to Manchester (either club), PSG or America tbf. 

Tbh any club paying someone basically £1m a week deserves what's coming to them.

Everyone knows what a special talent Messi is. Arguably the best player of all time. He's almost at the end of his career as much as I would like to see him in the prem. I just can't see any team paying his wages at such an age for only a season or 2 at most with the pace of the Premier league. 

He will either stay at barca or psg or Beckham might pull the piggy bank out to get him at miami what a signing that would be! 

Or he may go back to newel old boys where it all began! 

Messi to PSG is pretty uninspiring and a nothing for me as far as the game is concerned.

If that is the case, he may as well just go back to Argentina and finish things up there unless of course either he or his agents need or want the money. 

Edited by Ian
7 hours ago, Ian said:

Messi to PSG is pretty uninspiring and a nothing for me as far as the game is concerned.

If that is the case, he may as well just go back to Argentina and finish things up there unless of course either he or his agents need or want the money. 

While I don't disagree he is 35 next year. We likely wouldn't be talking like this about anyone else in that age range outside of Ronaldo obviously. Anyone else in their mid 30s we expect to go to America/Argentina or wherever or retire. 

Mbappe looks like he's off to Madrid then. 

Then City apparently looking to sell Sterling to buy Ronaldo? What is this window! Suppose Ronaldo PR would block out some of the Mendy PR. 

But seriously binning Sterling seems crazy either way, especially for Ronaldo. Doubt City would do business with us but I'd be tempted to take Sterling back. 

I just hope PSG don't come after Salah.