Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic The Transfer Thread

Ashez

23 hours ago, Kun Aguero said:

Looks like Haaland to City is a done dealΒ πŸ‘€

Yeah, and they reckon for Β£51m base. Nuts.

6 hours ago, Ashez said:

Β£400k per week πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

I know, amazing piece of business right.

Outstanding transfer for Β£51m.

Β 

Β 

Kane for Β£120m - Β£150m last summer with no sell on value.
Β 

Ronaldo (37) Β£500k a week and upto Β£20m transfer cost.Β 

Β 

Neymar Β£200m transfer, Β£785,000 per week

Messi, God love him but he's almost finished as a player Β£640,000 a week

Β 

Ex Chelsea player Oscar Β£540,000Β in China and Β£50m transfer fee

Β 

Gareth Bale Β£528,000 a week on top of his Β£80m move to Madrid.

Β 

A couple of random gems

James Miller Β£140,000 a week

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain Β£120,000 a week on top ofΒ Β£35m transfer fee πŸ˜‚

Β 

Β 

I'll say it again. That's outstanding business getting EBH for that package.

Whether the player lives up to the hype is a whole other matter.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Mane is off then, gutted but I do feel the time is right.Β 

Mane started this all as he was the first statement signing of Klopp's intentions. He's been a wonderful player for us, he never really had the spotlight but he delivered throughout and I absolutely love him. No hard feelings, I like the bloke too much so all I can do is wish him the best.Β 

Bissouma for Β£25m to Spurs could be a massive signing!! At a bargain price to boot!Β 

If it wasn't for the off field issues which are still up in the air I think I'd have wanted us all over him, especially at that price. A real team changer I think.Β 

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

Bissouma for Β£25m to Spurs could be a massive signing!! At a bargain price to boot!Β 

If it wasn't for the off field issues which are still up in the air I think I'd have wanted us all over him, especially at that price. A real team changer I think.Β 

Thoughts on Nunez?

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Thoughts on Nunez?

Really excited tbf, reminds me of when we got Torres for some reason but he also reminds me alot of Fernando in general.Β 

I think the price is excessive but in the long run it works out as we'll get the money back from Mane + a squad player more or less and wages wise he's on a third or quarter of what Mane wanted depending on who you believe. What is pissing me off is British media running with the euro price tag to fit some narrative but they need their clicks I guess. Not going to lie I'd be alot happier with it if it was Β£45+20m instead of Β£65+20m but it's just the going rate at this point for a striker. I am delighted he's on a decent but not excessive wage (around 100k apparently) as wage wise he basically replaces Origi, obviously if he does well I'm sure he'll get a nice new one in a year or two but it's interesting it's a six year contract.Β 

He's a gamble and I don't think you can say he's not, but he does appear to be one the best options after Haaland and Mbappe. He'll need to be given time to settle and a chance to get up to speed as he speaks no English and apparently he took a season to settle in Portugal, thankfully we have loads of Portuguese speakers though and a couple South Americans which will hopefully help him. He's also a complete change for the system and style of play as we've never really used a striker due to Bobby so I think there will be an adjustment period. Tactically it will be interesting to see if we stick to the 433 or if this is a sign we're moving towards a 4231/442/424 as we did shift towards those at times last season. It's lazy to call him a big man but it's interesting to note Salah did really well playing with one at Roma. It's all change for the front three with Diaz more of a winger than Mane and Nunez is a striker not a false nine so I wouldn't be surprised to see Salah become the more creative option, or the transition into a 4231 to fit creativity in. I think the next signing we make will reveal alot of the plans for the coming season.Β 

Tool set wise he looks to have the lot as he's got the pace of our current front three, a never give up attitude and he's built like an absolute unit. If he can settle, handle the price tag and be developed I think we've an exciting option on our hands, Klopp signedΒ Lewandowski at the same age and he credits Klopp for alot of what he became, that has to be exciting. It's a high bar but he's the tool set and a team around him that has shown they can improve players so let me dream πŸ˜‚.Β 

I'm not going to pretend I've seen him loads as I haven't, however in the CL this year he really did stand out against us. His physicality, pace and work rate/desire was tough to deal with so if he brings that to the table week in week out with the chances we create I think he's every chance of succeeding.Β 

30 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Really excited tbf, reminds me of when we got Torres for some reason but he also reminds me alot of Fernando in general.Β 

I think the price is excessive but in the long run it works out as we'll get the money back from Mane + a squad player more or less and wages wise he's on a third or quarter of what Mane wanted depending on who you believe. What is pissing me off is British media running with the euro price tag to fit some narrative but they need their clicks I guess. Not going to lie I'd be alot happier with it if it was Β£45+20m instead of Β£65+20m but it's just the going rate at this point for a striker. I am delighted he's on a decent but not excessive wage (around 100k apparently) as wage wise he basically replaces Origi, obviously if he does well I'm sure he'll get a nice new one in a year or two but it's interesting it's a six year contract.Β 

He's a gamble and I don't think you can say he's not, but he does appear to be one the best options after Haaland and Mbappe. He'll need to be given time to settle and a chance to get up to speed as he speaks no English and apparently he took a season to settle in Portugal, thankfully we have loads of Portuguese speakers though and a couple South Americans which will hopefully help him. He's also a complete change for the system and style of play as we've never really used a striker due to Bobby so I think there will be an adjustment period. Tactically it will be interesting to see if we stick to the 433 or if this is a sign we're moving towards a 4231/442/424 as we did shift towards those at times last season. It's lazy to call him a big man but it's interesting to note Salah did really well playing with one at Roma. It's all change for the front three with Diaz more of a winger than Mane and Nunez is a striker not a false nine so I wouldn't be surprised to see Salah become the more creative option, or the transition into a 4231 to fit creativity in. I think the next signing we make will reveal alot of the plans for the coming season.Β 

Tool set wise he looks to have the lot as he's got the pace of our current front three, a never give up attitude and he's built like an absolute unit. If he can settle, handle the price tag and be developed I think we've an exciting option on our hands, Klopp signedΒ Lewandowski at the same age and he credits Klopp for alot of what he became, that has to be exciting. It's a high bar but he's the tool set and a team around him that has shown they can improve players so let me dream πŸ˜‚.Β 

I'm not going to pretend I've seen him loads as I haven't, however in the CL this year he really did stand out against us. His physicality, pace and work rate/desire was tough to deal with so if he brings that to the table week in week out with the chances we create I think he's every chance of succeeding.Β 

The bit for me is the change of the system. Cos it is a fair change and I know you’ve been doing a bit more of it this year with Jota and Mane in there. I’d love to know whether he prefers a Bobby or a Robert.

On a tangent, if Robert does leave Munich then Mane will surely end up playing CF for them! Unless I’ve missed a signing for them.Β 

Mane to Bayern is almost a done deal. I believe the only details missing is the structure of the deal.

Liverpool obviously want the cash up front, bayern want to pay in installments.

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

What is pissing me off is British media running with the euro price tag to fit some narrative but they need their clicks I guess

Honestly yeah, it's stupid. The media shouldn't report anything but the actual denominations paid, and should be called out for being misleading otherwise

Although Liverpool paid a Portuguese team, they might have actually paid in EuroπŸ€”... anyone actually know this? Like what's the standard practice for currency in football transfers.

10 hours ago, Rob said:

The bit for me is the change of the system. Cos it is a fair change and I know you’ve been doing a bit more of it this year with Jota and Mane in there. I’d love to know whether he prefers a Bobby or a Robert.

10 hours ago, Rob said:

Β 

Β 

I think it's forgotten somewhat that Klopp was mainly a 4231 man at Dortmund, the 433 was basically out of necessity due to the squad he inherited. We had no midfield duo that could work as a two as it doesn't suit Hendo at all and we never had a line leading striker as Benteke, Sturridge and Origi weren't really fancied but it brought Firmino to life and then Coutinho was a star player. The first big piece of the jigsaw was Mane as he slotted in on the right, with Coutinho on the left and Bobby leading the line. When we signed Salah Klopp's first choice was actually Julian Brandt who is more of a 10.Β 

Midfield wise the signing of Fabinho and Naby was the first thoughts of us potentially going to a 4231 as both were used to playing in a two, but a mixture of Naby's form and the form of the 433 likely put that on hold, especially as we didnt have or had no need for a line leading striker.Β 

I think we've seen a 4231/424/442 more last season due to Thiago and the partnership he had with Fabinho. Those are the first perfect duo we've had to attempt the formation imo, as shown by the fact we have done it more recently. Even with a midfield three of those two plus Naby it was kinda a 4231 as Nabby played more advanced with some saying it was like a double false nine formation with Naby and the striker.Β 

The planning of signing Mane's replacement in January and signing Bobby's now is genius tbh. Diaz has settled and while he's been plug and play this season after a pre season I think we'll see more from him, while Nunez gets time to bed in with Firmino likely leaving next season. Salah depending we are then clear to look for his replacement next summer if he leaves or invest in midfield which would be due a revamp.Β 

Thinking we've been naturally moving towards a 4231 and knowing finding another Bobby is unlikely I think it does make sense to get the out and out striker in now, even if we continue with the 433 it's options if nothing else, especially as Salah and Jota have excelled historically playing off a big man.Β 

One interesting thing is apparently Salah has requested to play more centrally. That's why I think our next signing could indicate the thought process at the moment as the only position we don't have a natural back up for is the right wing. Reports suggest we want a midfielder but if we sign another right winger I could see Salah in the AMC position behind Nunez as however we play we're going to need more creativity now, which as I've said before had mostly came from Salah since January due to Diaz and Mane central.Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  NunezΒ 

Diaz Salah Jota

Personally I really don't like Jota on the right which is why I said someone new, I think Jota is the option to cover all four positions more than having one set in stone, even more so with the 5 subs coming in this season. Tbh that front 4 is extremely interchangeable as all 4 can play in any of the positions. Elliot and the lad we've signed from Fulham also fit the bill tbf, especially the Portuguese lad as he's made his name as an AMC, again playing off a big man.Β 

If we sign a CM used to playing in a two or if we look for someone like Raphinha who could play as a RCM in a three (kinda how Elliot played the role) and as an out and out right attacker. Trent spent alot of this season in field instead of wide as the RCM pushed up wide instead, so Trent and Salah cut in field etc and Diaz stretched play.Β 

Personally I want another midfielder in as I think we need a natural back up to Fabinho. Thiago, Naby, Jones (I wouldn't be against loaning him out tbf), Elliot, Milner and Hendo aren't natural DMC stand ins and the experienced players in the list have injury issues. With Mane, Minamino and Origi leaving though I wouldn't be against another striker for the cup games. Diaz, Jota, Firmino, Salah, Nunez is 5 players for 3/4 roles though so maybe I'm being greedy there and blocking out the kids coming up. Yet we did so well last season due to the depth in attack and always having options, Minamino was the cult hero last season as he basically got us to both domestic cup finals.Β 

Wow that was fun πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.Β 

10 hours ago, Rob said:

On a tangent, if Robert does leave Munich then Mane will surely end up playing CF for them! Unless I’ve missed a signing for them.

That does appear to be the plan but they could also be losing Gnabry.Β 

6 hours ago, Meow said:

Honestly yeah, it's stupid. The media shouldn't report anything but the actual denominations paid, and should be called out for being misleading otherwise

Although Liverpool paid a Portuguese team, they might have actually paid in EuroπŸ€”... anyone actually know this? Like what's the standard practice for currency in football transfers.

It's because €100m is sexier than Β£85m and it fires up the Liverpool spending banter, at least we've finally spent all the Coutinho money now hey.Β 

On 15/06/2022 at 08:29, Ashez said:

I think it's forgotten somewhat that Klopp was mainly a 4231 man at Dortmund, the 433 was basically out of necessity due to the squad he inherited. We had no midfield duo that could work as a two as it doesn't suit Hendo at all and we never had a line leading striker as Benteke, Sturridge and Origi weren't really fancied but it brought Firmino to life and then Coutinho was a star player. The first big piece of the jigsaw was Mane as he slotted in on the right, with Coutinho on the left and Bobby leading the line. When we signed Salah Klopp's first choice was actually Julian Brandt who is more of a 10.Β 

Midfield wise the signing of Fabinho and Naby was the first thoughts of us potentially going to a 4231 as both were used to playing in a two, but a mixture of Naby's form and the form of the 433 likely put that on hold, especially as we didnt have or had no need for a line leading striker.Β 

I think we've seen a 4231/424/442 more last season due to Thiago and the partnership he had with Fabinho. Those are the first perfect duo we've had to attempt the formation imo, as shown by the fact we have done it more recently. Even with a midfield three of those two plus Naby it was kinda a 4231 as Nabby played more advanced with some saying it was like a double false nine formation with Naby and the striker.Β 

The planning of signing Mane's replacement in January and signing Bobby's now is genius tbh. Diaz has settled and while he's been plug and play this season after a pre season I think we'll see more from him, while Nunez gets time to bed in with Firmino likely leaving next season. Salah depending we are then clear to look for his replacement next summer if he leaves or invest in midfield which would be due a revamp.Β 

Thinking we've been naturally moving towards a 4231 and knowing finding another Bobby is unlikely I think it does make sense to get the out and out striker in now, even if we continue with the 433 it's options if nothing else, especially as Salah and Jota have excelled historically playing off a big man.Β 

One interesting thing is apparently Salah has requested to play more centrally. That's why I think our next signing could indicate the thought process at the moment as the only position we don't have a natural back up for is the right wing. Reports suggest we want a midfielder but if we sign another right winger I could see Salah in the AMC position behind Nunez as however we play we're going to need more creativity now, which as I've said before had mostly came from Salah since January due to Diaz and Mane central.Β 

Β  Β  Β  Β  NunezΒ 

Diaz Salah Jota

Personally I really don't like Jota on the right which is why I said someone new, I think Jota is the option to cover all four positions more than having one set in stone, even more so with the 5 subs coming in this season. Tbh that front 4 is extremely interchangeable as all 4 can play in any of the positions. Elliot and the lad we've signed from Fulham also fit the bill tbf, especially the Portuguese lad as he's made his name as an AMC, again playing off a big man.Β 

If we sign a CM used to playing in a two or if we look for someone like Raphinha who could play as a RCM in a three (kinda how Elliot played the role) and as an out and out right attacker. Trent spent alot of this season in field instead of wide as the RCM pushed up wide instead, so Trent and Salah cut in field etc and Diaz stretched play.Β 

Personally I want another midfielder in as I think we need a natural back up to Fabinho. Thiago, Naby, Jones (I wouldn't be against loaning him out tbf), Elliot, Milner and Hendo aren't natural DMC stand ins and the experienced players in the list have injury issues. With Mane, Minamino and Origi leaving though I wouldn't be against another striker for the cup games. Diaz, Jota, Firmino, Salah, Nunez is 5 players for 3/4 roles though so maybe I'm being greedy there and blocking out the kids coming up. Yet we did so well last season due to the depth in attack and always having options, Minamino was the cult hero last season as he basically got us to both domestic cup finals.Β 

Wow that was fun πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.Β 

That does appear to be the plan but they could also be losing Gnabry.Β 

It's because €100m is sexier than Β£85m and it fires up the Liverpool spending banter, at least we've finally spent all the Coutinho money now hey.Β 

Sorry for the delay in replying. It’s just I have only just finished reading, haha.

Always love your tactical analysis of them. Do you have any transfer links still remaining? I see you were linked to that lad who ended up at Madrid - is there anyone else?

3 hours ago, Rob said:

Sorry for the delay in replying. It’s just I have only just finished reading, haha.

Always love your tactical analysis of them. Do you have any transfer links still remaining? I see you were linked to that lad who ended up at Madrid - is there anyone else?

Reports from all the good Liverpool sources yesterday said we've finished our shopping for this window. Not sure I believe that or not tbh. Apparently we're willing to wait until next year for Bellingham but we aren't getting him next year unless he's already committed to us imo.Β 

We are in talks to sign Jay Spearing though......I kid you not.Β 

Spoiler

20220617_143210.thumb.jpg.65c567dbcc1be3276cc2202d913c6e02.jpg

Β 

Gareth Bale to LA FC (Los Angeles). 1 year contract.Β 

Can't help feel a sense of anticlimax. So many exciting opportunities and he picks that.Β 

I guess the rumours that he wasn't really up for it, didn't fancy the challenge and it was just about the money and costing these last few years were correct.Β 

10 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Can't help feel a sense of anticlimax. So many exciting opportunities and he picks that.Β 

I guess the rumours that he wasn't really up for it, didn't fancy the challenge and it was just about the money and costing these last few years were correct.Β 

Few easyish games to keep fit for the WC but let’s be honest it’s the quality of the golf courses that he’s gone over there for.

12 minutes ago, FuddledFox said:

Few easyish games to keep fit for the WC but let’s be honest it’s the quality of the golf courses that he’s gone over there for.

Uprooting the family for 1 year just to play a few games in the sun in prep for the WC.Β 

Hope he doesn't get injured just before. These things come around to bite you.Β 

1 hour ago, billy2shots said:

I’m sure it’s not a money issue. I’ve read he won’t be registered as a Designated Player (Carlos Vela is for LAFC) so that does limit the wage they can offer.Β 
It’s all changed in the MLS over the past few years I believe, they can’t just offer Β£00000 to oldies who want one last payday like they have been known too.Β 

1 hour ago, JamesVilla said:

I’m sure it’s not a money issue. I’ve read he won’t be registered as a Designated Player (Carlos Vela is for LAFC) so that does limit the wage they can offer.Β 
It’s all changed in the MLS over the past few years I believe, they can’t just offer Β£00000 to oldies who want one last payday like they have been known too.Β 

Merchandise rights will probably see him well compensated for 12 months.Β 

I guess he has probably been guaranteed to pick and choose when he plays.Β 

As much as i hate it, no brainer πŸ˜• great player

Will do mint at city, just what they need, miles better then Rodri, worth more then 50m, they got a bargain their. Ran the most miles in euros for England over any player, shit at shooting tho. He went to my local high school. Nice lad, very humble. Family man, rejected man utd as their where after him. He's Leeds through n through.Β 

Β 

Screenshot_20220627-005216_FM22 Mobile.jpg

On 25/06/2022 at 20:58, billy2shots said:

Merchandise rights will probably see him well compensated for 12 months.Β 

I guess he has probably been guaranteed to pick and choose when he plays.Β 

Vincent Tan backed up my opinion of Gareth Bale today.Β 

For context (I'm sure you all know), Tan is the owner of Cardiff City. He also bankrolled 50% to establish LAFC so I think the words he speaks are very accurate on the situation.Β 

Β 

'We did have a chance of getting Gareth at Cardiff becauseΒ INITIALLYΒ it wasn't about the money.

Unfortunately LAFC came in with an offer that was too big to turn down. We couldn't compete with what was on offer from sponsors and the commercial side of things'.

Β 

Money talks.Β 

10 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

As much as i hate it, no brainer πŸ˜• great player

Will do mint at city, just what they need, miles better then Rodri, worth more then 50m, they got a bargain their. Ran the most miles in euros for England over any player, shit at shooting tho. He went to my local high school. Nice lad, very humble. Family man, rejected man utd as their where after him. He's Leeds through n through.Β 

Β 

Screenshot_20220627-005216_FM22 Mobile.jpg

Β 

Β 

I think it's good business as long as those injuries don't continue.Β 

On the subject of good business, City's recent work does go under the radar.Β 

2022Β 

Outgoings

Ferran Torres to Barca Β£47m rising to Β£55mΒ  = Β£20-25m profit.

Jesus to Arsenal (all but done) Β£45m = Β£16m profit

Poro to sporting Β£8.5m

Β 

Incoming

Philips - Β£42m rising to Β£45m

Haaland - Β£52m

Julian Alvarez - Β£15m

Β 

If we can get some decent money for Sterling I will be even happier.Β 

Of course City have spent huge and wages are massive but it's not quite as easy as the lazy accusation of buying the league and giving no credit at all.Β 

Comparisons to our rivals are always thrown at us.Β 

These past 4 seasons have been so tight between Liverpool and City. With City winning 3 out of 4 leagues (buying 3 out of 4).Β 

A recent deep dive by a Swiss journalist actually showed Man City's NET (the figure that really matters) spend was less than Liverpool during those seasons which nobody will ever mention. Β£77m V Β£73m

Β 

Staggering really.Β 

Β 

Edited by billy2shots

I know I've said for a few years our midfield needed rebooting, I didn't think we'd ship out all of them in one window though, bloody hell.Β 

8 hours ago, Ashez said:

I know I've said for a few years our midfield needed rebooting, I didn't think we'd ship out all of them in one window though, bloody hell.Β 

What do you reckon to Henderson going? Personally I think it's a good deal for the club, not got alot left in the tank, and you have some quality in your midfield now, that young Spanish midfielder is mintΒ 

10 hours ago, leedsunited87 said:

What do you reckon to Henderson going? Personally I think it's a good deal for the club, not got alot left in the tank, and you have some quality in your midfield now, that young Spanish midfielder is mintΒ 

I think it's time for him to go, in truth he likely shouldn't of gotten that last contract. He was woeful last season and his legs have gone, the thought of having him for another two years isn't appealing, especially on massive wages.Β 

I love Hendo, he's been a wonderful servant for the club and has achieved so much, but last season he started to dent his legacy. He went crying to his mates in the media the other year to publicly force a new contract, and now he's apparently been told he's not first choice anymore he's done the same thing again to force a move, which may or may not backfire. It is what it is, I know players do iffy things to force moves and the like, but I do think it's time he left. We're in this mess due to us being too sentimental and tbf I'm sick of losing players for free, think of the funds Oxlade, Naby, Bobby, Can, Gini and Origi could and should have brought in.Β 

Makes me laugh though he's publicly let this play out without checking if the club he's agreed terms with can actually pay a transfer fee πŸ˜‚. Maybe we should just release his wages but he's still an England international with 2 years on his deal so hopefully we get something to reinvest.Β 

The online debate seems to be Hendo Vs Thiago, I'm keeping Thiago all day long in that debate, even if he's a luxury player.Β 

Β£40m for Fabinho though could be excellent business. I'd be sad to see any of them leave but I do feel it's time for each of them too if the right deal approaches us and we can reinvest in the squad.Β 

I'm delighted with Dom and Alexis but we still need a new DMC (even if Fab stays) and I'd also hope we'd replace Hendo. Bring in 2/3 more midfielders and a LCB and we're sound again imo.Β